Message Boards

Topic : 01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

Number of Replies: 158
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 28, 2006, 05:01:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil’s guests are going about their New Year’s resolutions the wrong way! They each resolve to change something about their partner. Luca says it’s time his wife, Karen, started losing her baby weight now that two whole months have passed since she gave birth to their son. Karen says she just had her third cesarean section and Luca should cut her some slack! Then, Elena says her husband, Wade, has been holding onto his loud, stinky beast for far too long and 2007 is the year he needs to “send it to the factory.” Wade says he’s just an “old country boy” and there’s no way he’s getting rid of his favorite sidekick. Next, Britney says her sorority sister, Sharnetta, is chronically late everywhere she goes and has even started making Britney late! What is behind her punctuality problem, and will Sharnetta be able to get to the airport in time to be on the show? Plus, tune in for a chocoholic who can’t lick her habit, and a marriage proposal ultimatum. Join the discussion, tell us what you want this year!

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 4, 2007, 12:11 pm CST

I would want to live with my Aunt too!

Quote From: genny2

what i want this year is help!!! i want my stepson to face the fact that his mom is dead, and that he could not have done anything to change that. i want for him to stop using her death as an excuse to act very badly  and to realize that he still needs to do homework ,schoolwork and chores  and that life does go on. people are born they live and they die every day.  we mourn for a short time but then you have to live your life. the greatest  way to honor someone who has passed is to live your life to the fullest every day and don't waste a minute of time because that would not only be disrespectful to the dead but to your self as well it would "cheapen" yourself .  I have tried  to explain this to him and he just appears to go backwards  and is endangering his IB placement  because he has decided he does not wish to live with his dad and myself. he wants to live with his aunt. i have been through this situation before with my own niece and it ends extraordinarily bad!!! and i can't get that through her head either she thinks that we should just turn him over to her and everything would be just dandy. except that  she's on the road for months on end. like I said what I really want this year is help and I really need a lot of support that I'm not getting from anywhere!!!!!!  DR. PHIL PLEASE HELP!!!!

Wow! How insensative can one person be? I am shocked and dismayed to see your post. How dare you expect a child to get over losing his mother, add to that having you "replace" her as his mother figure. Maybe the real answer should be that you need to get some counseling to gain empathy for him and help him through this time. It is interesting to read how YOU want help and YOU are not getting any support. YOU are the one that should be giving support not receiving it. I hope this can be a life changing time for you.

by the way, when your parent dies, no matter how old you are or how old they were, regardless of the circumstances you grieve forever. The intial mourning can last a short or long time, it just depends on the person. The important thing is to deal with grief in a healthy manner.

January 4, 2007, 12:28 pm CST

Losing baby weight in 2 months?!?!?

Hellooooo. Regarding the first couple, here in Canada there is a program called Crash Test Mommy. The premise of the show is to switch places for a weekend with the one who thinks they can do a better, more efficient job. Usually it is husband and wife, but there have been friends, family members who think they can do better. The one episode I liked was the family with 5 kids, which I believe the youngest was 1 year old, the oldest 11 or 12! Mom was treated to a spa weekend while Dad got to take care of the kids. The "care" included shopping for and organizing a birthday party, chauferring to sports practices and you can imagine what else mom does without saying a word! It really opens the eyes of those who complain and often ends in a big apology to mom! Possibly there will be a program like this in the US (or maybe there already is) and every 'complainer' should have to watch it.   :-)

January 4, 2007, 12:44 pm CST

To quote Dr.Phil:

Well, dugh!

He said at the beginning all of the guests expected someone else make a change in their world

January 4, 2007, 12:50 pm CST

another problem with the chocolate addiction

Something not mentioned about the chocolate:

caffeine!

If she doesn't get caffeine anywhere else, she's getting it from the chocolate and has a caffiene addition. If she gets caffeine somewhere else (e.g, coffee), she's increasing the strength of that addiction.

January 4, 2007, 1:02 pm CST

Sherry and others in her same boat

Dear Ladies please take this to your heart. You don't have to give in to us to keep us the good ones will wait until we are married to go to bed with you and when we are not geting what we want and you know what that is . We will more ready for a serious relationship. I tell you if he doesn't want to wait til marriage he is not good enough for you. You are selling yourselves short and winding up in divorce court all because your picking the wrong guy. Having children before marriage and dead beat dads go hand in hand. Yes their maybe a few good men out there doing the right thing but for everyone thats good their are 1,000"s who are bad. Make em wait for sex and you can get rid of the bad ones.

January 4, 2007, 1:05 pm CST

01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

I want world peace. I have everything I need.

January 4, 2007, 1:07 pm CST

what I want this year

I need help! I have got to lose some weight (more than some), and I cant do this by myself. I cant get away from Chocolate, and knowing I need to just sends me into fits.  HELP ME

January 4, 2007, 1:10 pm CST

01/04

The guy on Dr. Phil right now should shut up right now......  I can't believe that he would go on a show and degrade his wife... SHE LOOKS GREAT!  Maybe he should help out once in a while.

January 4, 2007, 1:16 pm CST

And I

Quote From: blonde_chick

I agree.  You need to let him grieve in his very own way.  Whatever it may be.  Counselling is probably best.  Just be there to listen and understand.  It may take some time, more time than you think it should.  But it's not up to you....

I have to jump in and join this chorus.  He will not get over it.  In time he will learn to cope with it.  Counseling is an excellent idea in this case.  Let his dad handle discipline and give him a shoulder to cry on.  I am in my fifties and both my parent passed away in 2006.  I'm an adult and I am still coping day by day.  How much more for a child?

January 4, 2007, 1:18 pm CST

01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

Quote From: the_unknown

You may find that you earned it yourself.  I am sure you could have found constructive ways to tell someone you think her focus is in the wrong place.  And it is a very good idea, as well.  There is no one who never acts in a selfish matter.  Would you want to be told you were a bad person or even a "non-person" instead of being told you made a bad decision?

You are so right.  We don't know the step mother and should not judge her.  She may be very new to all this.  She will make mistakes as do we all.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last