Message Boards

Topic : 01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

Number of Replies: 158
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 28, 2006, 05:01:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil’s guests are going about their New Year’s resolutions the wrong way! They each resolve to change something about their partner. Luca says it’s time his wife, Karen, started losing her baby weight now that two whole months have passed since she gave birth to their son. Karen says she just had her third cesarean section and Luca should cut her some slack! Then, Elena says her husband, Wade, has been holding onto his loud, stinky beast for far too long and 2007 is the year he needs to “send it to the factory.” Wade says he’s just an “old country boy” and there’s no way he’s getting rid of his favorite sidekick. Next, Britney says her sorority sister, Sharnetta, is chronically late everywhere she goes and has even started making Britney late! What is behind her punctuality problem, and will Sharnetta be able to get to the airport in time to be on the show? Plus, tune in for a chocoholic who can’t lick her habit, and a marriage proposal ultimatum. Join the discussion, tell us what you want this year!

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 18, 2007, 6:52 pm CST

01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

Quote From: ikwieanders

they have fallen 3 times already and they did a very poor job ( minister J.P Balkenende looks like a grown up Harry Potter, but that's beside my point). He and his ministry have maid the rich richer and the poor poorer. I don't like the way everything is going here. Social security, health care everything is going down the drain. They made healthcare a marketing business while most off the people would like to see more CARE in marketing ( I hope I didn't make to many spelling mistakes, if so forgive me) I'am a little bit lost in translation.

When they fall we would get to vote again, I'am pretty sure the right person for the job would win then. The current people (Goverment) promiss a lot but don't follow through

im sorry to hear the trouble the dutch are having, its really sad to know any one has these kind of problems, it sounds like the same problems you are having we to have here in the states, same ole problems just another part of the world, but any way thank you for taking the time to tell me what is happining there,my prayers will include the dutch people tonight may god bless you all.

January 27, 2007, 9:10 pm CST

chocolate is my drug of choice

Quote From: justmolly

Dr Phil:  When I saw the chocolate lady on your show today, it really hit home.  I have been addicted to chocolate forever.  I would rather eat chocolate than regular food.  I would love to see a show on people addicted to chocolate.  It is like a drug to me.  Maureen

I have always joked w/ friends and family that I'm addicted to chocolate.  I know that I haven't gone a day w/out it so it is an addiction.  I'm just like the chocolate lady- I make sure I have some chocolate at home, in my purse or at work.  I always say I am going to "quit" but it gives me anxiety.  I think this is a silly problem and haven't asked for help because it's embarrasing...I'm a smart, successful woman but this is a silly problem that keeps me gaining weight.

How do I get help for such a "weird" addiction?  any suggestions are welcome!  I wanted to hear more details about how the chocolate lady would get help- he just said to go cold turkey and she would get help. 

I want 2007 to be a great year but this is my big hang up and I really don't want to stop eating chocolate!

January 30, 2007, 6:02 am CST

what I personally want this year

Dear Dr Phil,I am writing not directly in response to your show but to solicit for assistance as to what I want this year.Recently,I got withdrawn from my medical career after the results came out.Just as I was getting used to it,I got kicked out.Right now I feel this is the end of the road for me.I am writing you with faith that something can miraculously happen.I am the first child of a single mum.the whole family was looking unto me as the next pillar and torch bearer.Now the whole dream has been shattered.Dr Phil I have seen you do great things on your show and I trust you wont snob me.Please reply me so I will know if it is possible to get me a scholarship to come and study in the U.S.Seems like a wild dream but I know you can make it come true.It has been my dream.Please make it come true.Whatever your view is just reply me.Right now I feel hopeless.thanks for being there.I love your show.You hold the keys to my dream.Bye.Love you always.Dont feel disturbed.

January 30, 2007, 7:45 am CST

01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

Quote From: simodibie

Dear Dr Phil,I am writing not directly in response to your show but to solicit for assistance as to what I want this year.Recently,I got withdrawn from my medical career after the results came out.Just as I was getting used to it,I got kicked out.Right now I feel this is the end of the road for me.I am writing you with faith that something can miraculously happen.I am the first child of a single mum.the whole family was looking unto me as the next pillar and torch bearer.Now the whole dream has been shattered.Dr Phil I have seen you do great things on your show and I trust you wont snob me.Please reply me so I will know if it is possible to get me a scholarship to come and study in the U.S.Seems like a wild dream but I know you can make it come true.It has been my dream.Please make it come true.Whatever your view is just reply me.Right now I feel hopeless.thanks for being there.I love your show.You hold the keys to my dream.Bye.Love you always.Dont feel disturbed.

Hi simodibie,

I don't have any advice regarding your situation, but I thought I'd write and let you know that these boards are really for us fans to talk to each other. If you really want assistance specifically from Dr. Phil, you should use the "Contact Dr. Phil" link at the top of the web page.

Good luck to you in the future,

Katie

February 1, 2007, 8:58 am CST

RE:To Katie

Quote From: katerine

Hi simodibie,

I don't have any advice regarding your situation, but I thought I'd write and let you know that these boards are really for us fans to talk to each other. If you really want assistance specifically from Dr. Phil, you should use the "Contact Dr. Phil" link at the top of the web page.

Good luck to you in the future,

Katie

I am very sorry I was so overwhelmed by the circumstance at that moment I wasnt thinking straight when I wrote in.Thanks for the correction.I will do as you directed.

February 25, 2007, 11:21 am CST

A hug for simodibie

Quote From: simodibie

Hey simodibie,

I can only assume this was a doctor program,but there are so many different medical careers and so much need not only in the States,but around the world.Do not give up,there are meany more avenues to take and always keep a plan b c and d handy.Your family still loves you and you are still a success story;THIS dream is gone,but maybe God has  a different path for you.Praying for you.

March 20, 2007, 7:28 pm CDT

Sharnetta/Tardiness = egotism ... are you kidding me?

I was really surprised when it was said that psychologists' studies show that most people who are consistently tardy to events are egotistical and they think that life's events should accommodate them exclusively ...  Are you kidding me?  Is that the best they could come up with?

I think Sharnetta really got a raw deal when she was told that her tardiness was due to some kind of ego problem.

I'm sure that there are probably many people who are late to places because they are just too inconsiderate to care about other people's feeling and situations.  However, I think there are some basic reasons for tardiness that should have been included.

I think that there can be a number of other factors:  depression, poor planning skills, wanting to avoid the things that have to be dealt with in the real world (and therefore using procrastination as a defense mechanism) or even things (which I think was mentioned in Sharnetta's case) the need to have to complete certain tasks before she leaves the house (making phone calls, changing outfits, etc.) even though realistically she didn't have the time to complete all of the tasks.  Perhaps a touch of  "OCD" or "perfectionism"?

In my case, I probably possess all of those "bad habits" and I'm constantly late to places, and I absolutely hate it!   Yes I probably do have a bit of egocentric behavior in that I hate it when things get in the way of my being late (traffic "being in my way", having to clear my car of snow, not leaving enough time when I don't know the exact location of a new place, etc.),  but in no way do I think I'm special and that the world should cater to me. And I didn't get the impression that the guest on Dr. Phil's show (Sharnetta) felt that way about herself.

Sorry about the ranting, but I was just surprised by the "blanket" answer that was offered for why most people (and in particular, Dr. Phil's guest) are late all the time.

Did I get it wrong?

September 1, 2007, 7:09 pm CDT

Thank you so much for your supports

Quote From: boobear328

and your title for your responce. Is this woman for real? How dare she treat a child like that. Maybe the mother (before she passed) had discussed it with the child father what was going on and felt that at this childs young age at the time wasnt able to completely understand death and that it WAS between the biological father and mother to make arrangements,(people can do that, does she know that). I know for a fact that if EVER put in that place I would WANT to talk with the childs father about it so I can make sure that the child is taken care of properly. And maybe she wanted him to get to know his father more then the past and at the time was thinking of his future.

Either way I AGREE wholeheartedly that this child dont know how to express his greif, let alone had time to greive for his mothers loss, it takes time for the loss of a loved one to greive in their own way, some may take days,weeks, months, even years to get over and understand the who's, what's, and why's of it all. (from what I have read he was 8 years of age when his mother died). He might not know even how to act in dads house, or he might get the blame for his mothers death and he might think that is why he was sent to live with his father(I havent been this situation, but if you have children of your own you sometimes begin to think on their level in some way you know)

IMHO, this new wife is upset that his son might want his fathers attention and has many questions about his way of greiving, getting to know his father all over again, or taking away her time with her husband, and she might be resentfull that this "new" person is invading in on her "personal space". Either way I see its selfish on her part, and she dont want his own child to be apart of her new life and may see the step son as a burden on her. She should get some major counseling herself and deal with HER issues instead of her step sons.

I also am sorry for the loss of your 2 year old sons dad. And hope one day he will understand of his passing and hope you will allow him to have time to greive in his own way and ask questions about his father he will understand when the time comes. I wish you and your son the best.

I thnk you for you support in this , I think this kidd needs lots of support from people around I think Dr Phil needs to have a show more in depth about death of a love one and a family . I was put in a situation where my mom treats my husbands death like as if it were a divorse . Right after my husband passed there was an incident where I was attack over money about the funeral at my inlaws and ever since my mom has lost her trust she keeps thinking that my inlaws will eventualy take me to court and take him away from me. I have no issue with them and they want to see him every weekend and spend time with him. Im so lost and confused we all need help

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page