Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2005, 3:31 pm CDT

Hello everyone if there is anyone out there

Hi all,

Well, lets see if the new and improved board works.  I know I've not bee around much and for that I apologize.  I have enjoyed getting all your emails.  We did a pretty good job of staying in touch. 

As I said to some of you, I've been struggling.  Stayed the same for several weeks in a row, than gain about 3 lbs, so I'm currently at 234.

I know what I need to do, just haven't been doing it.  Good news is I haven't regressed to ALL my old habits, just a couple.  I'm slowly dealing with those.  I'm hopeful that I will be back on track soon.

Will be leaving on vacation Wednesday, July 27th and will be gone until Aug 4th.  Talk to you all then.

My best to each of you marvelous women! 

Take care,

Mary

July 22, 2005, 4:03 pm CDT

Yahooooooo we're back!!!!!

Okay dear friends if I can master re-registering, finding this once again, hey I'm hopeful for you all too...smiling..this is me pg smiley (Karen lol) new board, and new name..lol...Congrats Mary for being the first back..great to see you sweetie..I hope you enjoy your vacation immensely, you deserve it....missed you, and glad you are okay...this is hard as I haven't got your letter here to reply to, must be a new fangled way to do that too...winking...it'll take awhile but before we know it we will all adjust to this change, and at our age, that says a lot...giggling...

Hugs and love to you all,

Karen

July 22, 2005, 4:07 pm CDT

hello everyone

I have missed you all very much. Last night I started having the urge to reach for food--though I wasn't hungry.i hadn't felt like that in along time.I didin't do it though thats whats important.I have been doing ok.still struggling with the water issue.weight has been on a hold,but thta's ok.I had expected this phae to hit sooner or later.I didnt gain thats important thing.

I can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing.

July 22, 2005, 4:17 pm CDT

Good job Vickie

I have missed you all very much. Last night I started having the urge to reach for food--though I wasn't hungry.i hadn't felt like that in along time.I didin't do it though thats whats important.I have been doing ok.still struggling with the water issue.weight has been on a hold,but thta's ok.I had expected this phae to hit sooner or later.I didnt gain thats important thing.

I can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing.

You are doing wonderful, making new changes, and not giving in to the old habits...

No gain that is awesome sweetie....great to have you back with us all, I am doing much better as well, I start a full time job Aug 1 and my weight once again is on the downward slope...smiling...

Have a wonderful evening dear,

Hugs and love,

Karen

July 22, 2005, 5:23 pm CDT

Hello everyone

I am so glad to be back and have the support of everyone again.  I have not figured out this new format but I will work on it and hopefully soon figure it all out.  It is so nice seeing the post from all of you again.  I have really missed everyone but the e-mails certainly helped for those that I had but did not have everyone's.  I did not do well foodwise today but did well IE wise so now with the support of everyone again my life can get back to normal.  I found that I really missed not being able to come to the boards when I felt I wanted to reach for food like this morning.  Now I will have the boards to come to when I get in those moods again.  I am so happy to be back.  Missed you all.  Alice

July 22, 2005, 5:50 pm CDT

Found this one TOO

Just wanted to stop by - I have found this site - and have managed to "add to my favorites" under the new & improved ways...will try to check in later...hope the rest of the crew find their way here...missed everyone - hope y'all are well...love, peace and prayers......Donna

July 22, 2005, 5:55 pm CDT

karen, its great to be here with you too

You are doing wonderful, making new changes, and not giving in to the old habits...

No gain that is awesome sweetie....great to have you back with us all, I am doing much better as well, I start a full time job Aug 1 and my weight once again is on the downward slope...smiling...

Have a wonderful evening dear,

Hugs and love,

Karen

Wow what exciting news-a new full time job,congrats Hun.It's wonderful to hear your weight is coming down for you again.I'm so proud of you! and your achivements.I am sorry for all the mispelled words in my last post.DH had rearranged my computer setup and the screen is alittle to far away for me.I will have him rechange it now that we are up and running here on the boards.

I am so happy for you! Keep up the great work your doing for yourself.

Thanks I will have a great evening now That we 're all able to get back together.Even Dh would ask me acouple of thimes a day--if the boards were back yet.He knew how much being here meant to me,and how much being here was greatly helping me.

well I will go for now.hope you have a relaxing evening

vickie

July 22, 2005, 6:00 pm CDT

alice and donna

hello, so great to see you both here.I know what you mean about getting use to the new setup.it will take alittle time,and then it will seem like old hat to us.I have searched the boards alittle myself so far.

Please dont let the newness scare you away.

looking forward to seeing you again soon.I am off to check more things out.

vickie

July 22, 2005, 7:23 pm CDT

Over 50 WLC Community

O.K. I really do not like change, and this is one that I REALLY, REALLY HATE!!! I do not have enough computer smarts to figure out this thing.

July 22, 2005, 9:03 pm CDT

It's definitely a change

Hello everyone,

Okay, Beverly, take a deep breath, you can do this...I'm not sure I like the new format either, but it's nice to be able to come here and "talk" to everyone.  I missed you while I was AWOL.  Hope things are going well for you.  I know you stayed the same one week..Are you close to your goal?  Are you back on your normal schedule? At least as normal as we get?

Karen, I forgot to congratulate you on your new job.  You will do just fine.  I know everything will work out for you.  Congrats on losing some of those pesky pounds.  Thank you for not forgetting me.

Vickie, don't know if we've met.  I wasn't participating much the last couple of months.  Will try to do better now.  Glad you're with the group.

Alice, good to hear from you as well.

Now if the rest of the gals can manage to find their way back..we'll be good to go.

I couldn't get in at first either.  Said they sent an email asking me to reset my password..well that was bogus..didn't get any such thing and I my ISP doesn't have any filters activated.  So I clicked on one of the icons and it asked me to reset my password, which I did and it allowed me to post.  Seems like the old messages that weren't archived are lost in cyberspace.

I'm thinking there is more to this than we know....Oh, well, it's up and running..we can do this, just have to keep trying.

Got to work this weekend..but will try to post Tuesday before I leave.

Take care

Mary

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last