Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 15, 2008, 2:21 pm CDT

a short note

Alice that is   such a great  start  to your day.   I  so agree about the exercise and will think of you  as i  wake up and lace up.   Think of you doing the same as I exercise in the morning before allowing  my procrastinating side to  wake up and tune in with  excuses.

Hugs     AWesome  90 laps !!!!  faints.    wow.

Janice  - good to hear you  are not  allowing other ppls decisions to  weigh  you down.    Glad to hear you are  still taking baby steps.   

Andie pie.  inspirational as  usual  for me.  HUGS to you all.

Today   I went to the curves.    I checked out other threads on this board and apparently Dr Phil has a new WL  board where you  can  weigh in and have a weight widget  record and graph your progress.  This may  be for some an incentive and for others  be too  exposed   :)   I am sure going to go and look.  

I have the right foods and   water on hand for today.  

September 15, 2008, 6:26 pm CDT

I am new at this.....

Hi there.......my name is Katy....and I have over 100 pounds to lose....at this point I have lost 29.5.....and need some encouragement...I dont want to give up again....I am in my fifties..and have 2 grandsons.....

HELP!!!!!

September 15, 2008, 7:18 pm CDT

to Esmay

Hi there....I am wondering if you are the same Esmay who was on the board a few years ago....dont know if you remember me....my name is Katy ....I am from Canada....I have a lot of weight to lose....just wondering if you are my old friend.......if not, would you like a new friend

September 16, 2008, 3:35 pm CDT

Katy

I have  been on this  board  from the beginning  and so yes I am probably the same person.  I live in New Zealand.   Welcome  back. 

My  journey has been up and down and many wasted   days, weeks, months, years.   So your  return has made me  consider  HOW SERIOUS AM I.  

I do want to lose the weight and would  welcome   a magic  miracle with open arms.   however I know this  ain't gonna happen. 

So  hugs and thanks for yet another  wake up call.    I am  getting serious.  Really REally  serious. 

Went to  the Curves gym and  did  2 circuits.     Drinking  water,   Have only  healthy food   with me and so I am eating healthy.  

Yes  I   want to  lose the weight  and yes it is up to me.    hugs all.   Lets  step out and be serious.

September 16, 2008, 4:11 pm CDT

Over 50 WLC Community

September 16, 2008, 4:18 pm CDT

Esmay.....it is you!!!!! Yea

The sad part is that I am still overweight....took prednisone for two years for a condition called PMR...but now I am OK....so trying to get the extra 50 pounds off I gained on an already overweight body......but I have a good start.....so nice you are still here....I was trying to remember some of the other girls.....mountain mama was one....does that ring a bell?

I go to curves to with my daughter.......we do 2 rounds as well....that is all I can manage right now...we try to do it 3 times a week......

I used to joke with one of the girls about the moose we have here....any moose in NZ??  Lets have a good week of losing...katy

September 17, 2008, 3:40 am CDT

/Katy/

Quote From: katysgoal

The sad part is that I am still overweight....took prednisone for two years for a condition called PMR...but now I am OK....so trying to get the extra 50 pounds off I gained on an already overweight body......but I have a good start.....so nice you are still here....I was trying to remember some of the other girls.....mountain mama was one....does that ring a bell?

I go to curves to with my daughter.......we do 2 rounds as well....that is all I can manage right now...we try to do it 3 times a week......

I used to joke with one of the girls about the moose we have here....any moose in NZ??  Lets have a good week of losing...katy

I remember Mountain Mama.  Didn't she have something to do with a bed and breakfast?

:) Andiepie17

September 17, 2008, 3:45 am CDT

/Katy/

Quote From: katysgoal

Hi there.......my name is Katy....and I have over 100 pounds to lose....at this point I have lost 29.5.....and need some encouragement...I dont want to give up again....I am in my fifties..and have 2 grandsons.....

HELP!!!!!

That is super that you've lost 29.5 pounds!

I'm a grandma, too, and I have a picture of my grandchildren where I can look at it when I'm exercising.  When I get tired, I look at the picture and say "I'm doing this for you.  I'm also doing it for me."  My reasoning is that I want to be around to be a great-grandma some day.  I also hope that since they know I exercise, I can set a good example for them.

:) Andiepie17

September 17, 2008, 8:43 am CDT

ANDIEPIE

SO nice that you responded to my message....I remember at one point...that this was a very active board...I remember another girl...smiley...hope she comes back....yes MM did have a bed and breakfast, but I dont remember where....I am so frustrated this morning....we just got online..but had to use dial-up....one could go mental while waiting just for the post to come up...soooo slow....we moved from 'way up north in Ontario Canada....a small mining community and we had high speed there...now we are only two hours from the largest city in Canada and no high speed...go figure, eh?

My grandsons are in grade 2 and grade 6 this year....I agree, they are such a motivating force to get healthier......it is getting cold here at night....close to frost...

Hugs

Katy

September 17, 2008, 4:18 pm CDT

today

Just  getting started in my day.  Wasted a lot time.    About to shower and go to curves for the two circuits.   Water  being  drunk.

food  about to be sorted.

Katy,  pqsmiley is still around  (Karen)  and  hopefully will drop in here.  

Today I am  being very careful of food being healthy and eating at the right times.  

Andie  inspriational as ever  hugs.

Later ladies.

Alice thinking of you and your sister.  Many thoughts  winging the way to you both.

First | Prev | 450 | 451 | 452 | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | Next | Last