Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 28, 2008, 6:41 am CDT

Salads and Olive Oil

I've started to do my version of my neighbors salad which is Romaine or Leafy lettuce, b/c Iceburg lettuce makes me sick and prepackaged salads gives me stomach cramps, and alvacado, sliced. red peppers, they are sweeter, grated (powdered) parmesan cheese and sometimes crumbled up crackers instead of croutons and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I think parmesen cheese is lighter than cheddar cheese that I use to use. This way I'm getting my olive oil and  greens. According to Dr. OZ who is often on Oprah says cooking olive oil destroys the good in olive oil. I am like you I cook with olive oil. I don't do much frying anymore. Mostly bake all my meats and fish.  Alice's fish tacos sound good.

Hope we can all learn and grow in our journey to a healthier lifestyle.  Janice

p.s. About the double post I thought maybe some were going to the board for people 60 and over or the 7th power of Dr. Phil. I dunno??

September 30, 2008, 2:12 pm CDT

/Janice/

Quote From: janice255

I've started to do my version of my neighbors salad which is Romaine or Leafy lettuce, b/c Iceburg lettuce makes me sick and prepackaged salads gives me stomach cramps, and alvacado, sliced. red peppers, they are sweeter, grated (powdered) parmesan cheese and sometimes crumbled up crackers instead of croutons and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I think parmesen cheese is lighter than cheddar cheese that I use to use. This way I'm getting my olive oil and  greens. According to Dr. OZ who is often on Oprah says cooking olive oil destroys the good in olive oil. I am like you I cook with olive oil. I don't do much frying anymore. Mostly bake all my meats and fish.  Alice's fish tacos sound good.

Hope we can all learn and grow in our journey to a healthier lifestyle.  Janice

p.s. About the double post I thought maybe some were going to the board for people 60 and over or the 7th power of Dr. Phil. I dunno??

Hi!  You could be right about people going to the 60's board.  I'be been officially in my 60's for two years now, but I like to "hop in" and see what's happening over here.  I also post in "Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club" because I helped start it, but I haven't seen much action over there either. 

I hope all our friends are eating healthy and exercising--wherever they are.

:) Andiepie17

September 30, 2008, 8:27 pm CDT

Chocolate left here!?

Quote From: andiepie15

Hi!  You could be right about people going to the 60's board.  I'be been officially in my 60's for two years now, but I like to "hop in" and see what's happening over here.  I also post in "Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club" because I helped start it, but I haven't seen much action over there either. 

I hope all our friends are eating healthy and exercising--wherever they are.

Hi Andiepie- What to do IF Your kids bring the B'Day party to your house and leave the cake - CHOCOLATE CAKE with CHOCOLATE FROSTING AND COOKIES AND CREAM  ICE CREAM  IN YOUR FRIDGE WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. i AGREED TO THE REST OF THE NUTS AND THEY GAVE ME A MEDIUM SIZE CANDY JAR WITH CANDY (CHOCOLATE) WHICH IS A BEATIFUL ANTIQUE GOLD WITH ETCHING AROUND THE OUTSIDE. i ALSO AGREED TO KEEP THE CORNCHIPS WHICH i DON'T CRAVE, WIILL EAT SLOWLY. tHEY ALSO GAVE ME A HUMOROUS B'DAY CARD AN A SPOOK HOUSE THAT LIGHTS UP WHEN YOU PLUG IT IN. iT WAS A SURPRISE AND A GREAT TIME.  HERE I  SIT EATING THE LAST OF THE CAKE. WELL LIKE I GOING TO BURST!  LOL . I FINISHED OFF THE ICE CREAM THIS EVENING ALSO. AT LEAST IT'S GONE. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY DIDN'T HAVE EVERYTHING UNTIL THEY WERE IN THE PARKING LOT. THEY SAID IT WASN'T FOR THEM. GOT TO LOVE IT , BUT NOW I REALLY NEED TO EXERCISE AND WITH A LUNG INFECTION IT IS DIFFICULT.

ESMAY AND ALICE, AND KATY Ii HOPE YOU ARE DOING FINE. A DIFFERENT SEASON SETTING IN SO DIFFERENT FOODS.

P.S.  I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I PUT  GRATED UP CAROT IN MY SALAD. ONE TABLESPOON OF OLIVE OIL SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH. I USED YOUR IDEA  KATY OF USING ITILIAN HERBS AND SPRINKLED  SOME ITIALIAN MRS. DASH ON IT.  VERY GOOD!!  JANICE

October 4, 2008, 6:20 pm CDT

Hello Everyone

I have been very busy lately.  Today it was beautiful here and so got to get in my 60 laps of swimming but know the time for swim season to be over is fast approaching.  It was 85 here today but with the cool nights the water is cooling off. 

I am very proud of those of you who have lost.  Kati you are doing great even losing while on vacation. I usually do not do well when I am away from home as give in to temptation.  Keep up the great work.

Hope everyone is doing good and able to eat healthy.  I am going to start walking again 5 days each week to get in my IE especially as the weather gets colder.  Have a great weekend.  Thinking of you all.

Alice

October 5, 2008, 9:23 pm CDT

/Janice/

Quote From: janice255

Hi Andiepie- What to do IF Your kids bring the B'Day party to your house and leave the cake - CHOCOLATE CAKE with CHOCOLATE FROSTING AND COOKIES AND CREAM  ICE CREAM  IN YOUR FRIDGE WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. i AGREED TO THE REST OF THE NUTS AND THEY GAVE ME A MEDIUM SIZE CANDY JAR WITH CANDY (CHOCOLATE) WHICH IS A BEATIFUL ANTIQUE GOLD WITH ETCHING AROUND THE OUTSIDE. i ALSO AGREED TO KEEP THE CORNCHIPS WHICH i DON'T CRAVE, WIILL EAT SLOWLY. tHEY ALSO GAVE ME A HUMOROUS B'DAY CARD AN A SPOOK HOUSE THAT LIGHTS UP WHEN YOU PLUG IT IN. iT WAS A SURPRISE AND A GREAT TIME.  HERE I  SIT EATING THE LAST OF THE CAKE. WELL LIKE I GOING TO BURST!  LOL . I FINISHED OFF THE ICE CREAM THIS EVENING ALSO. AT LEAST IT'S GONE. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY DIDN'T HAVE EVERYTHING UNTIL THEY WERE IN THE PARKING LOT. THEY SAID IT WASN'T FOR THEM. GOT TO LOVE IT , BUT NOW I REALLY NEED TO EXERCISE AND WITH A LUNG INFECTION IT IS DIFFICULT.

ESMAY AND ALICE, AND KATY Ii HOPE YOU ARE DOING FINE. A DIFFERENT SEASON SETTING IN SO DIFFERENT FOODS.

P.S.  I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I PUT  GRATED UP CAROT IN MY SALAD. ONE TABLESPOON OF OLIVE OIL SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH. I USED YOUR IDEA  KATY OF USING ITILIAN HERBS AND SPRINKLED  SOME ITIALIAN MRS. DASH ON IT.  VERY GOOD!!  JANICE

A teacher I had for a weight management class suggested sprinkling pepper all over the tempting item.  I'm not sure if I could do that to something chocolate.

About the ice cream, that's exactly what I've done in the past. 

Now, forgive yourself, and get back on the program.

October 6, 2008, 7:15 pm CDT

Andiepie

A teacher I had for a weight management class suggested sprinkling pepper all over the tempting item.  I'm not sure if I could do that to something chocolate.

About the ice cream, that's exactly what I've done in the past. 

Now, forgive yourself, and get back on the program.

Andiepie17  -- LOL  OK  That's good!!!    Janice

October 9, 2008, 6:35 am CDT

No gain b/c of chaocolate!!

Well I guess all that chocolate and cake and ice cream didn't have an adverse affect on me!! Thank Goddnes. I called the Dr. Tues b/c since the medicine stopped I've gotten worse. She just upped my predisone. 4 a day for one week then 2 a day for a week then back on one (5mg) a day, my usual dosage. I've started coughing more again. That is a good sign. The congestion in my lungs is breaking up. Still wozzy if move around too much without oxygen. Suppose to wear my Helious tank with the stap over one shoulder while cleaning. Use consentrator while watching TV, on computer, sleeping. I was already doing that. It's a pain, but I guess a good pain while cleaning. Don't want to pass out in here alone. I might take a while for management or other people to figure out why i haven't come out of my apartment for a few days or week. YIKES!

Alice--I think you are right about not sending all of Mom's photos to her and there is a huge album that will have to be re done. I know the postage would be out of sight! I blew up a few pictures I thought Mom would be interested in, but my sister said she laid them on Mom's dresser. Mom never saw them b/c she is having to stay in nursing home longer than expected. May never come home b/c she is too weak. My sister and her husband is in MO now going to Bronson to watch all the shows. Should be back home at the end of this week. Must be nice. Mom is not expected to live another six months as of mid- Sept. I wish Judy would take the pictures I sent to Mom  to the nursing home.  Also mom's Boom Box so she can listen to the CD my son in law made for her.B'Day. He is a professional singer as well as a high school teacher. Mom wrote me a letter and said as much. They couldn't leave it there because of theft being so high in those places, but could take it that long. Judy is always too busy.  Maybe Mom is getting paid back  for the way she treated me. Hate to see it. Guess I'm a softy when I know someone doesn't have much longer to live  Janice

October 12, 2008, 11:08 pm CDT

/Just in case/

There's a rumor going around that there's going to be some changes made on this Dr. Phil web site.  I don't know why they'd change things again after there was so much trouble the last time.  So I want on my Over 50 WLC friends to have my real email address.  Please make a note of it in your email address book.

andiepie17's real name is Andrea.

email address is:

andiepie17@aol.com

Please mention Dr. Phil or Over 50 WLC in the title of your email message to me.

October 13, 2008, 7:12 am CDT

e-mails

There's a rumor going around that there's going to be some changes made on this Dr. Phil web site.  I don't know why they'd change things again after there was so much trouble the last time.  So I want on my Over 50 WLC friends to have my real email address.  Please make a note of it in your email address book.

andiepie17's real name is Andrea.

email address is:

andiepie17@aol.com

Please mention Dr. Phil or Over 50 WLC in the title of your email message to me.

Andiepie15 - that is a great idea. Like I said last year when we had so much trouble , like I said then, " If it's not broke don't fix it!  LOL. My e-mail is:   Janicewiles255@yahoo.com. This way we can still communicate to one another. I still need support and feedback. This Prednisone upped to 4 a day is making me gain a lot more weight than all that choclate.  Thank goodness this is the last day of 4 a day and tomorrow I slow down to 2 a day for a week then back to my usual 1 a day.  Janice

October 15, 2008, 8:35 am CDT

Andiepie....help..losing resolve...

Hi there.....I have been sick with  bronchitis for about two weeks now and getting so tired of it.....but an even bigger problem is my resolve is going downhill.......any suggestions....this has happened to me before...I have lost 31 pounds ....lately just havent had the drive to do it......one problem is my husband and daughter are eating chips and cheezies at night again watching TV....and I have been having some too....fooling myself that is OK.......but something seemingly small....is getting me down.....I know what I have to do....but doing it is getting harder.....have you felt like this during your weight-loss.....

Hugs

Katy.................................................getting cold in Ontario..

have to get out the hat soon....

First | Prev | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | Next | Last