Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 20, 2008, 6:41 am CDT

Hi Katy

Quote From: katysgoal

Hi there.....I have been sick with  bronchitis for about two weeks now and getting so tired of it.....but an even bigger problem is my resolve is going downhill.......any suggestions....this has happened to me before...I have lost 31 pounds ....lately just havent had the drive to do it......one problem is my husband and daughter are eating chips and cheezies at night again watching TV....and I have been having some too....fooling myself that is OK.......but something seemingly small....is getting me down.....I know what I have to do....but doing it is getting harder.....have you felt like this during your weight-loss.....

Hugs

Katy.................................................getting cold in Ontario..

have to get out the hat soon....

Yes Katy, This is Janice not Andiepie,  but all of us have felt down and like. "Why should I keep tryting to lose down to a sensible weight.  Are your husband and daughter at a good weight for them?? You could get something crunchy , but better for you like an apple or something that you like that is better for you. Can you go to another room;   like is your computer in another rom. You could do that instead of watching TV and them eating chips and cheezies.  I can remember when I was quitting smoking and my tow stepsons and one stepdaughter- in- law kept smoking. It made me want a cigerette also.  Eating food at night is bad for you b/c your not going to do much, if anything, to lose those calories. I know ffrom first hand that eating even cereal every night while watching TV then going to bed made me gain 15 Lbs. in one year. Think about how you want to look. I give in sometimes but then back with the program. It's great yu have lost 31 lbs. now to not put it back on again.  My stomachh is pushing way out again so I need to get back on track since Tues. Oct. 21 will be my last day of 2 predisone a day. I make me hungry and gain weight.  Hang in tere and know we are rooting for you!  You go girl!!  Where is everyone??  Janice

October 21, 2008, 1:59 pm CDT

/Katy/

I read Janice's reply, and I think she's got some real good suggestions.  You don't want to put that 31 pounds back on, so snack on something you CAN have.  I think Janice's suggestion to eat an apple is a real good one.  It will fill you up without adding too many calories.

:) Andiepie17

October 22, 2008, 5:54 pm CDT

/Happy Healthy Birthday to me!--3 years now/

Happy Healthy Birthday!

This is the happy healthy birthday card I wrote to myself to celebrate reaching my goal weight on October 22, 2005. I’m taking Dr. Phil’s on becoming your own best friend seriously.

For October 22, 2005–Hi, Andrea! (Andiepie’s real name) Happy 2nd birthday (meaning a second birthday date)! Happy healthy birthday! This card celebrates your birth as a healthy person! Your blood pressure is down! Your Cholesterol is down! Your blood sugar is down! You feel better all over!

It hasn’t been easy for you, I know. It’s taken much longer than you thought it would. Slow is not a BAD thing because taking it off slowly means you’re much more likely to KEEP it off. You’ve tried the fast ways. DIDN’T work, did it!

There were times when you came home SO TIRED from work that you didn’t think you had any energy left for exercise. You did your One Minute Challenge minutes anyway! You found that when you started an aerobics video for just ten minutes, you usually finished it.

You know you eat much healthier than you did. You read labels now. If you shouldn’t eat it, you pretty much don’t take it home.

You’ve reached your goal now. How are you going to keep it off? You’ll keep doing the things that helped you lose the weight: daily exercise and eating healthy. This has become a life style for you now.

There’s NO REASON to let yourself get heavy again. Keep weighing once a week. Use the souped -up routines that helped you get to your goal if your weight should start to creep up. (Richard Simmons and Dr. Phil both recommend a five pound leeway.) Keep moving!

I’m proud of you! Love from Andrea (Your new best friend)

October 24, 2008, 7:24 am CDT

Happy Bithday Andipie

Yes this birthday is very important. I, like you have had my chorestrol and sugar go down and I feel better. I also read labels now. I'm still at that dreaded 150 mark but I've beeen depressed. Now doing the right thing for my self esteem and best friend will get me undepressed. Good things Anddiepie to think about.  Now for IE house cleaning!

October 29, 2008, 4:24 am CDT

weight loss over 60 board

Quote From: janice255

Yes this birthday is very important. I, like you have had my chorestrol and sugar go down and I feel better. I also read labels now. I'm still at that dreaded 150 mark but I've beeen depressed. Now doing the right thing for my self esteem and best friend will get me undepressed. Good things Anddiepie to think about.  Now for IE house cleaning!
 Andiepie - Where is weight loss over 60 board? They have changed the names of the boards at the format. Is it on weight loss member support board. It use to be on a board about Discussions. It use to be on the 2nd page about 3/4 way down the page. Is that where every one has gone? Where is everyone? I too am 2 years over 60 so maybe both boards would be better. Not getting as much feed back on this board as I use too.  I hate to see it fade away.  Janice 

October 29, 2008, 10:03 pm CDT

/Janice/

Andiepie - Where is weight loss over 60 board? They have changed the names of the boards at the format. Is it on weight loss member support board. It use to be on a board about Discussions. It use to be on the 2nd page about 3/4 way down the page. Is that where every one has gone? Where is everyone? I too am 2 years over 60 so maybe both boards would be better. Not getting as much feed back on this board as I use too.  I hate to see it fade away.  Janice 

It's not gone.  We've just moved to the Beta format.  Let's see if I remember how to do this.  First step would be to clidk in on the Beta "Sign in".  After you've done that, I think you'll click on "Community" which is top left hand corner.  Then you'll see a list of "communities"  You'll click on "weight".  Then a light blue screen will come up on the side.  I think you're looking for the middle one.    Then "50" will either be on "Page 1" or "Page 2".  That's all we have over there--2 pages.  All your friends will be glad to see you. 

Hope this helps.

Andiepie17

October 29, 2008, 10:26 pm CDT

/Oops/

Quote From: andiepie15

It's not gone.  We've just moved to the Beta format.  Let's see if I remember how to do this.  First step would be to clidk in on the Beta "Sign in".  After you've done that, I think you'll click on "Community" which is top left hand corner.  Then you'll see a list of "communities"  You'll click on "weight".  Then a light blue screen will come up on the side.  I think you're looking for the middle one.    Then "50" will either be on "Page 1" or "Page 2".  That's all we have over there--2 pages.  All your friends will be glad to see you. 

Hope this helps.

Andiepie17

I made a couple of mistakes.  It's not "Sign in"--it's something like create a member's profile.  "Community" is actually "Dr. Phil's Community".  When you click on "weight", the middle one is called "Weight Loss Member Support".  That's the one you want.  Click on the number "2" at the bottom.. that's where you find "50s" and "60s".  To read the posts you'll click on the "title" of the board.

Getting on the new board isn't so bad once you get used to it.

I guess there isn't a way to save "favorites" yet.  You'll probably have to do the same procedure I described until there IS a way.

Hope this helps.

October 30, 2008, 4:49 am CDT

Thanks for the info

I made a couple of mistakes.  It's not "Sign in"--it's something like create a member's profile.  "Community" is actually "Dr. Phil's Community".  When you click on "weight", the middle one is called "Weight Loss Member Support".  That's the one you want.  Click on the number "2" at the bottom.. that's where you find "50s" and "60s".  To read the posts you'll click on the "title" of the board.

Getting on the new board isn't so bad once you get used to it.

I guess there isn't a way to save "favorites" yet.  You'll probably have to do the same procedure I described until there IS a way.

Hope this helps.

Hi Andiepie - I did the beta profile. Nothing has changed but I went to the " Weight Member Loss support" board and on the 2 page about 3/4 of the  way down is the 60's borad. I hope it is. I only remember Karen and when I was there for a short while I remember Shirley and Susie.  I was hoping Alice and Esmay may be there also. Where is everyone??  I guess you don't know anymore than I do. I've started drinking more water again.  Need to and exercise more since I'm better and get this weight off b/4 I can't fit in my clothes anymore. A terrible thought to have to buy new clothes, with Christmas right here, and no extra money . I hate to go back to my old size.  I guess that is why I'm writing b/c I need some encourgeament. Well all for now. Have to tackle some big problems today and then satisfaction wil come instead of reaching for the chocolate or something that might satisfy. Once I tackle the problems then I'll feel better without food. Right! Right!   Janice 

October 30, 2008, 11:36 am CDT

/Janice/

Hi Andiepie - I did the beta profile. Nothing has changed but I went to the " Weight Member Loss support" board and on the 2 page about 3/4 of the  way down is the 60's borad. I hope it is. I only remember Karen and when I was there for a short while I remember Shirley and Susie.  I was hoping Alice and Esmay may be there also. Where is everyone??  I guess you don't know anymore than I do. I've started drinking more water again.  Need to and exercise more since I'm better and get this weight off b/4 I can't fit in my clothes anymore. A terrible thought to have to buy new clothes, with Christmas right here, and no extra money . I hate to go back to my old size.  I guess that is why I'm writing b/c I need some encourgeament. Well all for now. Have to tackle some big problems today and then satisfaction wil come instead of reaching for the chocolate or something that might satisfy. Once I tackle the problems then I'll feel better without food. Right! Right!   Janice 

Glad you found it!  I think we'll see more people on the Beta board once they get use to using it.

I agree that tackling the problem will help you feel better.  Proud of you for realizing that.

See you on the Beta board.

November 1, 2008, 5:37 am CDT

The scale is going the wrong way

Glad you found it!  I think we'll see more people on the Beta board once they get use to using it.

I agree that tackling the problem will help you feel better.  Proud of you for realizing that.

See you on the Beta board.

Uh,oh!! The scale is going the wrong way!  Not laughing  LOL!!!  I've gained 7 more lbs. I can't seem to quit eating. I'm like a squirrel in the fall eating and putting away all the food I can for winter. I don't need to do that. We had a Halloween Pot Luck Dinner here at the apartment building last night and you know how that goes. Everything is so good you can't resist. I use to and still do, I thought, just scan the table and just pick one or two of each food group.  Dessert was so many great things. Now I'm not happy with the scales. I've been eating too much lately anyway so it wasn't just last night and last Sun. when we had Homecoming at the church and lunch afterward. Another Pot luck and even more food!  Maybe I'll get some walking in this afternoon. The city just built a new waking trail and it's closer so I may go on that next week since it's suppose to be warmer and not so windy. This past week it was so  cold and windy that I only went out when I had to and parked close as possible to where I had to go so I wouldn't get another lung infection. I can tell I'm not completely over it yet although the Dr. didn't seem to think so Mon., but she did give me 5 samples of an antibiotic and told me to take it if I felt sick again plus up my predisone. Oh me, oh my.   I'm completely out of breath juust trying to dust and polish my vanity. That's my problem I was talking about in a previous letter.  Even with oxygen on I'm out of breath and have to stop. Hope everyone else is doing better. Where is everyone?   Have they gone private?  Katy, Alice, Esmay we miss you.  Have a great weekend.  Janice

First | Prev | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | Next | Last