Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 7:05 am CDT

Perseverance must be the key..lol

ONE OBSERVATION ........I SURE WISH BEFORE THEY CHANGE THIS BOARD AROUND THEY WOULD TEST IT OUT AS FAR AS FUNCTIONALITY.........NOT WITH COMPUTER GURUS EITHER........YOU KNOW IS IT USER FRIENDLY TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.....TO THE NOTICE COMPUTER PERSON UP TO THE EINSTEINS.........

IF A PERSON HAS LIMITED COMPUTER SKILLS THIS IS NOT THE FRIENDLIEST PLACE TO COME. I HAVE FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY THAT THERE'S NO USE TELLING THEM ABOUT THIS SITE CAUSE THERE'S NO WAY THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO NEGOTIATE THROUGH.........YES TO A TRAINED EYE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND GLIDE THROUGH EVERYTHING WITH EASE BUT I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WON'T EVEN BOTHER........THEY'LL GO TO WW AND NOT HAVE THE HASSLE.

JUST MY THOUGHTS FOR WHATEVER THAT'S WORTH. CHILLY

Diana, you said it very well g/f..it is very difficult for so many to get here now...I have had countless emails stating that they aren't getting the proper link to get in...hopefully, this problem will be corrected, or many like you say won't try any longer...I know it took 4 re-registering tries for me, then a day later the second link came and I got my old username back....I was bound and determined to persevere till I got here..smiling...

I hope these "kinks" get worked out soon...as I'm sure the website is too...lol..

So let's hang in here for it's the people (friends) that really make this worth being here for...the support,love and common ground.....

Hope you have a great day kiddo...even if we are computer novices...lol..

Hugs and love, Karen

July 25, 2005, 7:11 am CDT

Chilly

So happy to see you back.I am sorry you have had a rough time getting on here and working things out.I am thrilled you didn't give up on being here.You would be greatly missed my friend! The board wouldn't be the same without you here--that's for sure!

well I hope things start getting smoother for you where this new boards are concerned.Have a great day and I will talk with you later.

bye for now

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 7:21 am CDT

Girlfriends

I'd like to invite any of you to join Andie Pie, Becky, MM and myself to the PHIL TO THE 7TH POWER EXERCISE CLUB

I know it's tough keeping up with a lot of boards but this one is simply posting your ie activity that you've done for the day.....kind of keeps you accountable as well as we give each other tips etc.

Just today Becky said something about an Aqua bike so I would like to find out a little more about that.  Anyway, my friends please feel free to pop on the board and see if you'd like to just let us know how the ie is going or NOT going. Perhaps we can motivate you to start up or increase the IE.

EXAMPLE:  50 MIN DVD TAPE, PLUS 1 MILE WITH LESLIE.....25 SITUPS, 10 PUSH UPS, LIGHT WEIGHTS.

THANKS FOR CHECKING US OUT.

CHILLY

July 25, 2005, 7:26 am CDT

Hi Ladies!

DELIGHTED TO SEE YOU LADIES ON BOARD. THINK WE HAVE ALL HAD OUR STRUGGLES WITH GETTING BACK ON BOARD BUT WE WILL PROBABLY ALL LOVE IT WHEN WE ARE ONCE AGAIN OLD HANDS AT FINDING OUR WAY AROUND.

ESMAY, ENJOY YOUR DAY IN THE BOOKSHOP - NICE OF YOU TO RELIEVE HUBBY SO HE CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH HIS ARTISTIC SIDE.

ANDIEPIE, YOUR EXERCISING SITE SOUNDS MOSTINTERESTING BUT DON'T THINK I CAN KEEP UP WITH EVERYONE BECAUSE OF MY FOOT/ANKLE DISABILITY - HAVE PEEKED IN AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED IT BEFORE AND IT SURE LOOKS LIKE FUN.

KNOW I KEEP SAYING THIS BUTAM SURE GLAD WE ARE ALL BACK ON BOARD. HAVE A LOVELY EVENING, IT IS NOW ALMOST 6:30 P.M. HERE.

LOVE AND HUGS,

SHIRLEY

well i know it has been said to death here,but this board is "DRIVING ME UP THE WALL "i think chilly has said what everyone else feels ,this has been hard enough for those of us that have a modicum of PC skills ,for those that dont ,,well i think they will go   elswhere.....such a shame ....but i did pop in &  check out the complaints & problems the Moderator was recieving ....he or she must be hairless by now .....!! anyway ,lets give it a bit longer ,,,if i still find it as confusing & just a pain in the a**e to negotiate for much longer i too shall move on .....the friends i have made here have been some of the best i have ever had ...(& we have never even met ....yet ...!!!!!!!...lol,....,& i know that with or without this board we shall always be friends & keep in touch ...i for one think that Dr Phil has left us all in the lurch ....it would do him good to remember that without ladies like us ....well he would have not got this far ...sorry to moan ....just that sort of day ....& i have felt pretty ticked off at the treatment "I" feel i have recieved ....or not in this case !!......love Susie xxp.s. oh by the way i have lost 3lbs this week .....how many calories DO you use screaming at the computer .....? can it really be that many ???????

July 25, 2005, 7:31 am CDT

HELLO VICKY / KAREN

GLAD TO SEE YOU GALS ONLINE........YEAP.....I'D BE 100% CONTENT IF I COULD JUST GET MY USER NAME BACK YOU KNOW CHILLY501. 

ONE GETS ATTACHED TO STUFF LIKE THAT......HOWEVER, I WILL STILL ATTEMPT TO DIGEST THIS NEW USER NAME KFCGIRL 23 BUT IT JUST ISN'T ME.....ONE WOULD THINK THERE'D BE AN EASY WAY TO CHANGE THE USER NAME.....OF COURSE WHEN I TRY TO DO THAT I GET THE RESPONSE THAT SOMEONE ALREADY HAS THE CHILLY USERNAME .......SURE SHE DOES BUT IT ISN'T LETTING HER INTO THE SITE.......THIS IS ACTUALLY STARTING TO FEEL LIKE AN ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MOVIE.........

BACK TO BUSINESS AND THAT'S THE IDEA OF LOSING WEIGHT.....STOP LAUGHING AT ME GIRLS.....IT IS STARTING TO BECOME A JOKE ISN'T IT.....MAN THESE POUNDS ARE JUST GIVING ME ALOT OF RESISTANCE TO GET RID OF THEM........ WELL, AT LEAST THE WEIGHT ISN'T GOING UP.

JUST KEEP TRYING TO UP THE IE AND WATCH THE CALORIE INTAKE.....WE JUST DON'T NEED A WHOLE LOT OF CALORIES ESPECIALLY IF WE AREN'T BURNING THEM OFF.......BUT WE DO NEED THE NUTRITION SO KEEP EATING WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO.........

CHILLY501    SEE I'LL JUST HAVE TO SIGN OFF WITH MY OLD USERNAME..........

July 25, 2005, 7:39 am CDT

SUSIE

3 LB LOSS TERRIFIC....GOOD FOR YOU MISSY KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. I DIDN'T LOSE BUT I DIDN'T GAIN EITHER SO I'M TICKLED FOR NOW......I SHOULD HAVE A LOSS THIS WEEK WITH INCREASING THE IE......I'M HOPING FOR A POUND OR MAYBE TWO........I MEAN HOW LONG CAN IT HANG ON....

STUPID QUESTION...........OKAY WHERE DO I GO TO CHECK OUT THE QUESTIONS THE MODERATOR IS GETTING???? MAYBE I CAN SOMEHOW FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MY USER NAME BACK CHILLY501 .......BUT I GUESS AT THIS POINT THAT'S SMALL STUFF AT LEAST I'M ON THE DARN BOARD.

SUSIE......I DO FEEL THE MODERATORS MUST BE ON SOME HEAVY MEDICATION IF YOU GET MY DRIFT.....MAN DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME PATIENCE FOR THIS STUFF.......

BOTTOM LINE IS......THE BOARDS NEVER HAVE BEEN PARTICULARLY USER FRIENDLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH COMPUTERS.......I FEEL THAT WHEN THEY ARE DEVELOPING THE SYSTEMS THEY DEFINITELY NEED TO "TRY THEM OUT" WITH PEOPLE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE SETTING........TO SEE HOW EASY OR DIFFICULT IT IS TO MOVE AROUND.....THIS OBVIOUSLY WASN'T DONE......AT THE OLD COMPANY I WORKED WHEN THEY DEVELOPED A NEW APPLICATION THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TEST ROOMS AND WOULD CALL UPON A NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES TO TEST OUT THE NEW APPLICATIONS BEFORE PUTTING THEM INTO USE.....THIS WAS NOT TESTING WITH PEOPLE FAMILAR WITH THE APPLICATIONS TO BEGIN WITH.....IT WAS TO TEST OUT HOW EASY IT WOULD BE FOR A NOTICE TO USE.........

ANYWAY GOOD TO SEE YOU ON THE BOARD AND RUNNING THAT WEIGHT DOWN.......

CHILLY

July 25, 2005, 7:41 am CDT

SIGNING OFF

I'M SIGNING OFF FOR THE DAY.......GOING TO HAVE BREAKFAST AND GET MY ACT TOGETHER GET SOME IE IN.   HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL.

CHILLY501

July 25, 2005, 9:56 am CDT

My thoughts to all....

Diana , Go to Need Help? Then click on the one near the bottom that says Message Board Help...and it will take you there to the complaints and answers....I know Jackie has not been able to get on either as she keeps getting this email is in use too...sigh...

Oh let this transition begin to get easier...I worry that many will leave in anger and frustration, and not persevere past it all, to get to the true meaning of all this anyways...Either we want our board, and all the support here or we don't...guess it's a personal decision for us all....I personally think we need to allow patience with it all, as I can bet they are doing all they can to rectify the snags....let's give back some of our gratitude too...amidst our own awkwardness and troubles with the transition..

I know for myself, these boards have been such a God Send to me...I had no support here whatsoever at home...and because of all you wonderful ladies (friends) I today am still down 100 pounds... (actually 99 1/2 ) I never regained it all back...and know I would have had I not had all of you and these boards for support..so I for one thank the Dr Phil website for making this available yet again....I know that this transition for them has also got to be very difficult....not just for us...I don't believe that any of this is meant to make it more difficult for any of us...so let's give back some of our gratitude too...and show our true character...

Hugs and love,

Karen

Karen

July 25, 2005, 10:23 am CDT

Mission Accomplished!

What a pain to get this all re-arranged!  Just a quick note to say HI and then off to weed my overgrown garden.  Best of luck to all in the upcoming week - still not so sure I like this new place.  Love to All,

Ladyrose/Lee

July 25, 2005, 1:00 pm CDT

I SECOND WHAT YOU SAID KAREN

Quote From: pg__smiley

Diana , Go to Need Help? Then click on the one near the bottom that says Message Board Help...and it will take you there to the complaints and answers....I know Jackie has not been able to get on either as she keeps getting this email is in use too...sigh...

Oh let this transition begin to get easier...I worry that many will leave in anger and frustration, and not persevere past it all, to get to the true meaning of all this anyways...Either we want our board, and all the support here or we don't...guess it's a personal decision for us all....I personally think we need to allow patience with it all, as I can bet they are doing all they can to rectify the snags....let's give back some of our gratitude too...amidst our own awkwardness and troubles with the transition..

I know for myself, these boards have been such a God Send to me...I had no support here whatsoever at home...and because of all you wonderful ladies (friends) I today am still down 100 pounds... (actually 99 1/2 ) I never regained it all back...and know I would have had I not had all of you and these boards for support..so I for one thank the Dr Phil website for making this available yet again....I know that this transition for them has also got to be very difficult....not just for us...I don't believe that any of this is meant to make it more difficult for any of us...so let's give back some of our gratitude too...and show our true character...

Hugs and love,

Karen

Karen

KAREN, AS USUAL YOU SAID IT BEAUTIFULLY AND WE DO HAE TO SHOW OUR TRUE CHARACTER TO THOSE REVISING THESE BOARDS - LET'S ALL SHOW OUR CARING AND SUPPORT AS THERE OBVIOUSLY WAS A REASON THAT THINGS HAD TO BE CHANGED - DIFFICULT ON US, I KNOW, BUT WE CAN DO IT JUST LIKE WE ARE DOING THE WLC. LOVE YOU ALL, SHIRLEY

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last