Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 1, 2008, 11:32 pm CDT

/Janice/

Quote From: janice255

Uh,oh!! The scale is going the wrong way!  Not laughing  LOL!!!  I've gained 7 more lbs. I can't seem to quit eating. I'm like a squirrel in the fall eating and putting away all the food I can for winter. I don't need to do that. We had a Halloween Pot Luck Dinner here at the apartment building last night and you know how that goes. Everything is so good you can't resist. I use to and still do, I thought, just scan the table and just pick one or two of each food group.  Dessert was so many great things. Now I'm not happy with the scales. I've been eating too much lately anyway so it wasn't just last night and last Sun. when we had Homecoming at the church and lunch afterward. Another Pot luck and even more food!  Maybe I'll get some walking in this afternoon. The city just built a new waking trail and it's closer so I may go on that next week since it's suppose to be warmer and not so windy. This past week it was so  cold and windy that I only went out when I had to and parked close as possible to where I had to go so I wouldn't get another lung infection. I can tell I'm not completely over it yet although the Dr. didn't seem to think so Mon., but she did give me 5 samples of an antibiotic and told me to take it if I felt sick again plus up my predisone. Oh me, oh my.   I'm completely out of breath juust trying to dust and polish my vanity. That's my problem I was talking about in a previous letter.  Even with oxygen on I'm out of breath and have to stop. Hope everyone else is doing better. Where is everyone?   Have they gone private?  Katy, Alice, Esmay we miss you.  Have a great weekend.  Janice

It's hard for me, too, when there's a lot of food around.  What I do is I have one plate of food and then one plate of desserts.  Then if it's a paper plate, I'll throw it away.  If it's a regular plate, I put it in the kitchen.  So eating more than one plate of each becomes a conscious decision because I have to get anoher plate.

That's only at parties.  At home I only eat what I buy, so I don't buy something I can't eat.

Hope that helps.

:) Andiepie17

November 3, 2008, 4:26 am CST

eating too much.

Quote From: andiepie15

It's hard for me, too, when there's a lot of food around.  What I do is I have one plate of food and then one plate of desserts.  Then if it's a paper plate, I'll throw it away.  If it's a regular plate, I put it in the kitchen.  So eating more than one plate of each becomes a conscious decision because I have to get anoher plate.

That's only at parties.  At home I only eat what I buy, so I don't buy something I can't eat.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I do the sme things except I am starting to buy things I shouldn't or do but use to limit how much I ate . Now I go buy more.  I'm so depressed b/c i can't clean my apartment like I need to b/c I give out of breath. so easily. Its so frutrating that to comfor t myself I eat. I decided last night that starting today and everyday when it's not raining I'm going to walk at leat part of the new walking trail. I may go back to the Y and start out with chair exercises tomorrow. Not exercising b/c of the lung infection hasn't helped the problem. I'm still not completely well, but the Dr. just gave me 5 antibiotics and told me to take them if I felt sick. I don't know why she can't hear the congestion. Maybe she thnks that is as good as it is going to get. I asked about a lung  transplant. I have to go Nov. 17 for another Sirometry test. I will be determined then. I asked if I'm too old b/c I know they have a age limit. She said it had upped the age limit but didn't know what it is. I don't get the see the Dr. that does lung transplants until next Feb. '09'! Go figure!! I don't want it done atr this hospital b/c another one Duke University is only 80 miles from here and the best for this surgery. That would help after I get over the surgery. The neighbor I'm closest to is moving today and that isn't helping.    Janice

November 3, 2008, 9:45 pm CST

/Janice/

Quote From: janice255

Yes, I do the sme things except I am starting to buy things I shouldn't or do but use to limit how much I ate . Now I go buy more.  I'm so depressed b/c i can't clean my apartment like I need to b/c I give out of breath. so easily. Its so frutrating that to comfor t myself I eat. I decided last night that starting today and everyday when it's not raining I'm going to walk at leat part of the new walking trail. I may go back to the Y and start out with chair exercises tomorrow. Not exercising b/c of the lung infection hasn't helped the problem. I'm still not completely well, but the Dr. just gave me 5 antibiotics and told me to take them if I felt sick. I don't know why she can't hear the congestion. Maybe she thnks that is as good as it is going to get. I asked about a lung  transplant. I have to go Nov. 17 for another Sirometry test. I will be determined then. I asked if I'm too old b/c I know they have a age limit. She said it had upped the age limit but didn't know what it is. I don't get the see the Dr. that does lung transplants until next Feb. '09'! Go figure!! I don't want it done atr this hospital b/c another one Duke University is only 80 miles from here and the best for this surgery. That would help after I get over the surgery. The neighbor I'm closest to is moving today and that isn't helping.    Janice

Bless you, dear Janice.  You sure have some tough medical problems.  I'm proud of you for deciding to do what you can for yourself.

November 5, 2008, 3:29 am CST

Thank You

Bless you, dear Janice.  You sure have some tough medical problems.  I'm proud of you for deciding to do what you can for yourself.

Thank You Andiepie. That really inspires me. It was raining yesterday and suppose rain today so I guess I'll walk the floors in the building today. Went to the Dr. for RA check up. He said my COPD is getting worse. I guess this is as good as it gets. I really have to stay on oxygen 24/7 now. I just saw on the TV that the rain will end this morning and in the sixties thruogh Sat.  so might be able to go walking outside this afternoon. It is hard to breathe when it's rainy. Got to get this weight down again. I did it b/4 I can do it again! I'll do what I can for as long as I can.

November 6, 2008, 10:00 pm CST

/Theljoy said this will get you to the new board/

http://community.drphil.com/boards/?EntryID=483&SubCategoryID=19

the above link will take you right to the new beta 60 board where everyone is posting now.  You may have to type it in.  theljoy

November 7, 2008, 8:11 pm CST

/Couldn't get this to work/

http://community.drphil.com/boards/?EntryID=483&SubCategoryID=19

the above link will take you right to the new beta 60 board where everyone is posting now.  You may have to type it in.  theljoy

I'm sorry, friends.  I couldn't get this to work even typing it in letter by letter.  If anyone has had success doing this, please share what worked for you.

November 12, 2008, 4:35 am CST

me either

As stated on another board I coudn't get this to work either even though, like you, I typed inevertyletter just as it iwas written.  Another day to try to get back on track. I jst wish I felt better. I never got over this last lung infection like I did last year.  Hope you re all doing better than me.  Janice

November 12, 2008, 6:06 am CST

Over 50 WLC Community

I'm sorry, friends.  I couldn't get this to work even typing it in letter by letter.  If anyone has had success doing this, please share what worked for you.

The new community area is: www.community.drphil.com

Once you get there, you'll see the Category list of message boards, click on WEIGHT

A side box will open, click on WEIGHT LOSS MEMBER SUPPORT

The Over 50 board can be found on page 2.

You can also sort by popularity from the main WEIGHT LOSS MEMBER SUPPORT section and this will bring the board up to page 1 since it's currently the 5th most popular board.

The techs are still working on a subscribe feature so hopefully that will be implemented soon.

First | Prev | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | 460 | Next Page | Last Page