Message Boards

Topic : 01/08 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention

Number of Replies: 498
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 05, 2007, 10:47:53 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Almost every teenager owns a cell phone and an iPod these days, but what if your daughter bought these items with money she says she made by prostituting herself to older men? Alex, 14, has been running away from home, stealing money from her grandmother and selling her body to men nearly twice her age. Her family wrote to Dr. Phil for a desperately needed intervention. Alex’s mother, Kim, and aunt, Enza, are sisters-in-law who cannot be in the same room together without getting into a fight. Will they reunite for the sake of saving Alex? Within minutes of moving into the Dr. Phil House, Alex was trolling for men on the Internet, under the watchful eyes of Dr. Phil’s cameras. Dr. Phil meets with Kim and asks some hard questions, to find out how things got so out of control with her 14-year-old. Sparks fly when Enza joins the conversation. Find out what Enza has to say about Kim’s mothering skills and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 5, 2007, 2:16 pm CST

wow

I  feel sorry for the girl. shes all messed up. She needs Jesus in her life!  Also she needs the support from her mom and dad and talk to  a person that can help her. Praying for this family!!

January 6, 2007, 2:57 am CST

14 years old and street wise going on 30

This girl is hurting bad, punishing her own body, taking chances with it  and watching it reminds me of my 15 year old granddaughter.  Parents may not have to feel guilty on how their children are being raised but they definitely have to take responsibility for some of the  mistakes they make.  They can only work with the tools they have but like others in our wonderful technology world they now have the tools and help out there to help them.  She definitely seems to be raising herself and making her own decisions about her life.  This young girl has no respect for her body or self esteem because every time she sells her body she is handing over the control to someone else. I know my remarks come before the show but I hope not only that Dr. Phil helps her, but he also helps the relatives who don't seem to have the tools to help themselves.  Good luck.  My granddaughter is 15 and in those years has mostly raised herself.  Single mom working all the time.  She now lives with her father who decided not knowing her friends or taking her places, or even have her friends over is much easier and  has decided to ground her for everything from being late home to getting a C in math.  Of course he forgot to mention he "A's" in Art History, film award for a documentary she did at school and she has won a scholarship to a film school.  Celebration at grandma's his this weekend.  More praise less criticism.

January 6, 2007, 8:36 am CST

Teen Intervention

Quote From: jesusislord

I  feel sorry for the girl. shes all messed up. She needs Jesus in her life!  Also she needs the support from her mom and dad and talk to  a person that can help her. Praying for this family!!
How very sad for a fourteen year old girl to be messing up her life so badly.  Thank goodness there's a Dr. Phil.  Makes you wonder how many more are out there.  Pray for all of them.

January 6, 2007, 8:51 am CST

01/08 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention

Unfortunately this young girl is lacking self worth & self confidence and equates sex with love.  I have to wonder where the father is and the teacher's or other's in her life besides the

disfunctional mother.  I can't believe noone could see until now that  this girl is clearly tramatized by her upbringing.  It's a good thing this ended up in Dr Phil's hands, now maybe she can have some hope and a chance to turn things around.  First thing I'd do is remove her ipod and computer and put her in intense therapy away from the family.  I ask about her father as it seems she likes older men, hence trying to replace that love....very sad.

January 6, 2007, 10:31 am CST

Teen Intervention

I have a 15 year old granddaughter living with my husband and I, about 3 months ago, she got into trouble with her father, and the school counselor called me and the gd, ask if she could come live with us. Of course I said yes. to date Family services has done nothing. I finally got her connected with a school counselor who she has only seen 2 times, however Diane says she don't like her.

She and her older sister who is 17 and living with her mother in another town, lie, steal get into fights with other school kids. The 17 year old was living here until we had a problem with her.

NYE we found Diane had stoled some money from us, to buy fire works, when I found the money was gone, I returned the fireworks, of course she said she didn't steal the money.

I have locked my cell phone, as she had been calling numbers all over the U.S.. I put as password on my computer, but she was up at 2 a.m. trying to figure it out. She won't go to bed a a decent hour, she won't get up when she should, I am about ready to send her back to her dads, or to a wilderness camp. However I can't really afford it, one I found is $11,000 a month.

When her mother of the year found out about the money, she told her never to call her again.

Last night at dinner, she said she was moving to some friends home in another town 200 miles away in a month. I told her if she did, her dad would report her as a runaway.  Nothing seems to faze her.  

Her dad don't have the time to go see the Family service person, I told her to have the police pick him up and bring him in there.

Oh yes and they do drink and smoke.  If I ask her to do a chore, she tells me to do it myself.

She is also very rude at times to my husband who has dementia.

January 6, 2007, 1:54 pm CST

Same Boat

Quote From: bluesky66

I have a 15 year old granddaughter living with my husband and I, about 3 months ago, she got into trouble with her father, and the school counselor called me and the gd, ask if she could come live with us. Of course I said yes. to date Family services has done nothing. I finally got her connected with a school counselor who she has only seen 2 times, however Diane says she don't like her.

She and her older sister who is 17 and living with her mother in another town, lie, steal get into fights with other school kids. The 17 year old was living here until we had a problem with her.

NYE we found Diane had stoled some money from us, to buy fire works, when I found the money was gone, I returned the fireworks, of course she said she didn't steal the money.

I have locked my cell phone, as she had been calling numbers all over the U.S.. I put as password on my computer, but she was up at 2 a.m. trying to figure it out. She won't go to bed a a decent hour, she won't get up when she should, I am about ready to send her back to her dads, or to a wilderness camp. However I can't really afford it, one I found is $11,000 a month.

When her mother of the year found out about the money, she told her never to call her again.

Last night at dinner, she said she was moving to some friends home in another town 200 miles away in a month. I told her if she did, her dad would report her as a runaway.  Nothing seems to faze her.  

Her dad don't have the time to go see the Family service person, I told her to have the police pick him up and bring him in there.

Oh yes and they do drink and smoke.  If I ask her to do a chore, she tells me to do it myself.

She is also very rude at times to my husband who has dementia.

I am in the same boat with a disrespectful 16 yr old.  She had now turned violent on me, hitting me quite a bit.  I have had to call the police on her.  Of course, they said they would arrest me for striking her, go figure.  I guess we are supposed to just take it until they kill us.  My trouble  is all over a boyfreind that is 15 yrs old who is on drugs and has a police record.  To make matters worse, my daughter is an honor student.  I have to watch her throw her life away, right now when it's critical to the rest of her life.  I am at my wits end with what to do for her.  I hoep yours gets better.

January 6, 2007, 2:23 pm CST

I haven't seen this episode yet

Hello, I haven't seen this episode yet, however, I am in desperate need of Dr. Phils help for an intervention with my nephew. We can't get him to go to teen challenge, he has already been to juvinile hall once for 4 days, and to jail for 16 days. He's 18 now and my sister, his mother is doing everything she can to help him, even though she knows the only thing that will help him is going to teen challenge. She has tried and tried to get him to go there, but he refuses. He was almost ready to go but then hooked back up with a bunch of druggies. I've e-mailed Dr. Phil through this website a few times in the last few years crying for help for my nephew and I don't know what else to do.

I cry for him and for my sister. And to add to my sisters heart ache her husband is a controlling man who treats my sister like she's a child and suppresses my sister's other three kids from becoming their own individuals.

Please help. This is definitely a family that needs your help and my sister will do anything to help her son.

Please help!

Julie ann Proctor

January 6, 2007, 4:37 pm CST

01/08 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention

Peer presure is huge now. I should know I'm only 19 myself. It just seems like the young celebrities teenagers aspire to be arent setting the best example. I haven't fallen into the trap of drugs alcohol and partying but thats because I was determained not to. I myself watch these shows like on Maury with the I'm 15 and i slept with 200 men and try to figure out why. All these people tend to have low self esteem lack of love or father figure in their life. i don't belive this girl needs jesus I just believe this girl needs to love herself enough to know that she doesn't need sex/boys to be a good person.  

January 6, 2007, 7:21 pm CST

teen intervention

she reminds me of my oldest sister and of myself  

January 6, 2007, 10:17 pm CST

0.o`

I can understand how she may think that is her only chance at a good life. She just needs to know that no matter how she looks at it, there are always better choices. she just has to find them, and she can't run from her mistakes, she can only make in better. It will take a long time, but it will be worth it in the end.... and stop trying to shove religious belifes down her throte! sorry. had to get that one out...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last