Message Boards

Topic : 06/11 Mega Moochers

Number of Replies: 270
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 05, 2007, 10:50:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 1/10/07) Dr. Phil takes on a different kind of moocher … the Mega Moocher! Not only do these extreme freeloaders refuse to work -- decades at a time -- but they expect you to support them and their entire family forever! Connie says her 33-year-old son, Richard, is so lazy and selfish that he actually found a way to put her out of her own home, so he could move his family of five in. Connie and her husband, Rick, say they have paid over $30,000 in the last 18 months to support Richard, and they have had enough. Is an eviction the only way to get him out? And can Connie live with the guilt, knowing it could leave her three grandchildren homeless as well? Then, Janelle wants her brother, Jeff, to stop mooching off their 91-year-old grandfather, who has been supporting him for 18 years. Jeff says he has no need to work because he doesn’t have kids. Will this be the day these guests put an end to their family members’ freeloading ways? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 11, 2007, 1:32 pm CDT

disrespected in my home

Dr. Phil,

About a month ago I took in my new husbands daughter and let her stay with us in our double

wide trailer that contains 7 people already...due to the fact she was fired from her job. I told her she could stay until she had a job and money enough for a car and an apartment. Well to make

a long story short we ended up having to tell her to get out and it ended up that she physically harmed me and her 21 year old sister harmed my 14 yr. old daughter. When I noftified the police

they came out and informed me that i would have to serve her a legal eviction notice and they did not take her to jail for physically harming me or my daughter....because it was her and her sisters word against my husband (mind you...their father), my mother, father, my daughter and

myself. They gave me a police report to go to states attorney and file my own charges and they

also gave her the same even though i didn't lay hands on her. She has threatened me with the

bad people she knows?????

Any advice??

Lovingmom2007

June 11, 2007, 1:44 pm CDT

This is hilarious!!!

I can't do anything but laugh when I watch the show on moochers.........Get a LIFE PEOPLE

June 11, 2007, 1:49 pm CDT

do these people contribute anything?

I live with my mom- I have no job- fortunately my family understands that my mom needs me to be there- I do all the cooking, most of the cleaning, all the yardwork and house repairs- I went out and got food stamps to help, and applied for SSI- I drive her everywhere, because she can no longer drive her standard car- I monitor her health care and finances( but I try VERY hard not to be too controling, something my sisters wish I would do- but my mom is an adult, not a child, and still bright)- do these guys contribute ANYTHING, especially the grandson? does he do any care for his grandfather?

June 11, 2007, 1:49 pm CDT

One sided

I am from the other side. My grandmother wanted me and my family to move in her spare house. She would exept no payment. Things were fine untill she started to tell me how to live my life and wanted to control everything I did. She loved to have power and used the house to get her way. I don't think it is right to kick someone out in the street on short notice. A family needs time to find a new home and that is not easy to do. Meanwhile the person evicting you has no right to show up and start removing belongings even if they own the property. That is why the government has laws to protect against this type of action. I agree that the family in this show should move but for his mother to tell him he is wrong for wanting time to move is family is an outrage.

June 11, 2007, 1:53 pm CDT

brandyf

Quote From: brandyf

cant stand a rerun of any type and i watch dr. phil every day of my life.  how long does this last?

As with most network TV shows, the season ends in early summer with all new shows starting in the fall.

Dr Phil Board 3

June 11, 2007, 1:56 pm CDT

Derelicts of society

Oh my God!  I thought I was the only one that had a derelict of society on my hands.  I have a friend that is near 60 and has not worked a day in over 10 years.  He is a classic pac rat-he throws NOTHING away including fast food bags, wrappers, napkins, saying "you never know when you will need a bag, etc.  He never finishes a project; he started working on his mothers' bedroom floor when he found termites and has yet to finish it 5 years later.  Instead of keeping one or two vehicles running well, he buys another piece of junk until it dies and buys another.  He now has 6 vehicles, and only one of them is operable.  Oh by the way, he is living with his mommy now for the third time with this stint going on now for about 15 years.  He gets food stamps and a small check from the military (yes! he was in the Army) and collects, collects, and collects, junk.  When he (used to) mowed my lawn, he left seedlings growing all over my yard because as he says, (trees are beneficial to the environment.)  he will not cut a tree down because that is killing the earth.  That's fine, but NOT IN MY YARD!  He says he hates punching a time clock and having a boss lord over him; I have since fired him from his yard duties since he more or less demanded a raise (he uses MY lawn mower and MY gas) of 5.00 so he would be getting 20,00. So, I have another young man who mows my lawn the way I tell him to, and he gets it done in half the time.  Why don't I mow the lawn you ask?  I am disabled and cannot walk for long periods of time. 

June 11, 2007, 1:58 pm CDT

Emotional Extortion

It is such a disgrace to see anyone use their children as pawns to get their way!  Emotional extortion/blackmail shows just how manipulative and how low people will go to keep from  getting a job and providing for their family.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

1 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would work not, neither should he eat.

June 11, 2007, 2:04 pm CDT

Yes, I have advice

Quote From: lovingmom2007

Dr. Phil,

About a month ago I took in my new husbands daughter and let her stay with us in our double

wide trailer that contains 7 people already...due to the fact she was fired from her job. I told her she could stay until she had a job and money enough for a car and an apartment. Well to make

a long story short we ended up having to tell her to get out and it ended up that she physically harmed me and her 21 year old sister harmed my 14 yr. old daughter. When I noftified the police

they came out and informed me that i would have to serve her a legal eviction notice and they did not take her to jail for physically harming me or my daughter....because it was her and her sisters word against my husband (mind you...their father), my mother, father, my daughter and

myself. They gave me a police report to go to states attorney and file my own charges and they

also gave her the same even though i didn't lay hands on her. She has threatened me with the

bad people she knows?????

Any advice??

Lovingmom2007

Yes I have advice.  Kick the little bitch out, get a restraining order on her, change your phone#, and live your own life.  If your husband takes her side, kick him to the curb as well.  He is not helping the situation.

June 11, 2007, 2:09 pm CDT

Help

!I really wished I would have watch the whole show today. I have a boyfriend and his son that is 25 and his son's girlfriend are living with my boyfriend, It is like the two kids run my boyfriends life. Tells him what to do when to do it and how fast. My boyfriend just moved in to his new lake home alittle over a year ago. His son has finished the basement and now is going to be moving down stairs they have made comments that they are going to live there forever. I had told my boyfriend I am not going to have adults children living at home. I have two kids that are under the age of 18 and I told my boyfriend once they graduate and get a job and have enough money then they are to get a place of there own. I am tired of this son running our lives. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 months now. The son is even telling me I can't drink in front of his dad cause he has a drinking problem but heck it is ok for him and his girlfriend to drink in front of him. His son tells him on his days off what he needs to get done around the house. If it is not done they blame it on me for taking the time away.....What would you all do? I have talked to my boyfriend about all this and he has told his son to lighten up and he needs a life too...But I don't see it getting any better.....How do I get the son and girlfriend to move out..She pays 500.00 a month in rent and he puts his money in to the basement as he says he is living there forever....

Thanks

Kaecee

June 11, 2007, 2:11 pm CDT

Is there followup info on the board?

Hi -

I missed this episode in Jan. - actually might have thought - just not interested and didn't tune in. But I am starting to see this trend with friends and their college kids coming back home.

They aren't 'full' adults yet - no families etc... but watched and looked at the advice from that perspective.

Has any follow up shown up concerning the sister and brother?

What about grandma? My heart was breaking for this woman - the idea that her own son would use his kids to manipulate her! The wife didn't look really happy about the situation either at the end - why would she want to stay with this looser? Did she?

Just curious.

First | Prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next | Last