Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2005, 4:11 pm CDT

Greetings

Hope to see you all here soon.   I just discovered this today and passed info on to Joyce.  I'm assuming she will notify everyone.  Have been very busy, as I know all of you have, but it will be great to be able to see you all here again.  I'm sure it will take time to get used to this, but that's what I'm doing now.  Then I'm off to get things done before dh gets home from work.

Connie

July 22, 2005, 4:14 pm CDT

Tried to add picture, but will have to study more

This definitely will take some getting used to, but have to go now.

Just wanted to put the Welcome Mat Out

Connie

July 22, 2005, 4:17 pm CDT

Just one more Test

This definitely will take some getting used to, but have to go now.

Just wanted to put the Welcome Mat Out

Connie

Now I used the "Quote" feature of posting. 

Connie

July 22, 2005, 5:03 pm CDT

Hi Everyone

Finally we have our message board again.  Take some getting used to.  Have a good week-end everyone.  LOL  Marlene

July 22, 2005, 5:19 pm CDT

Good Evening Friends

HI!  How nice to see the board back.  It will take some of us a day or two to adjust to it, but it is back AND just in the nick of time.

I'll post more later.

FLUFFY

July 22, 2005, 5:30 pm CDT

Yea!!!

One by one we are showing up.  By the end of the weekend, we will be in full swing.

Connie

July 22, 2005, 5:56 pm CDT

Yeah-We're Back

So glad to have our board back-hope everyone shows up over the weekend.  Laineybea

July 22, 2005, 5:59 pm CDT

Back in more ways then one!

So glad the board is back.  Hope to learn how to list the messages in the order I had been using so that ALL of the ones posted since I was last on show up.

I'm afraid I have deleted many fine emails the last ten days.  I found having my mail box bulging was overwhelming.  BUT, I now intend to be faithful and get back on the wagon.  Ks Grandma

July 22, 2005, 6:02 pm CDT

Not sure I like this

So glad the board is back. Hope to learn how to list the messages in the order I had been using so that ALL of the ones posted since I was last on show up.

I'm afraid I have deleted many fine emails the last ten days. I found having my mail box bulging was overwhelming. BUT, I now intend to be faithful and get back on the wagon. Ks Grandma

Not sure I like this format, it will take some getting used to....Glad it is back, just hope I can make it work when I want it to...Everyone have a good evening..MaryB

July 22, 2005, 6:24 pm CDT

Where I'm at

If I wait until I weigh tomorrow I may be so ashamed that I wouldn't want to confess.  So, I am confessing tonight.  I have been non compliant for three months!  When I went to the doctor last Monday I was thoroughly disgusted.  I have been out of town since Tuesday and ate my way through the four days. 

SO, tomorrow I will weigh, I will post, and I will earnestly begin again. 

WHY am I hopeful this time will work?  Well, I have now been to a neruolgist and a rheumatologist and after many tests and x-rays I have a clear view of my osteoarthritis. Every place where I had significant pain they found specific damage, or congenital abnormality.  As soon as I get my weight back where it belongs -- between 145 and 150 -- I will begin to search for the match between insurance and orthopedic doctor.  I have been advised, and have decided, that it is time to have a knee replacement.  Some of you know how much I have enjoyed walking in the past.  Well, no matter what combination of pills I take it is a most unpleasant activity now. 

It is going to be hard for me to lose weight when I can't walk.  But I am going to be very dedicated to this.  Some of my back problems may not be fixable.  But the knee should be and I want the best life I can have. 

As much as my pride wants me to do it on my own, I confess I will need your help. I'm back -- for the duration.  Ks. Grandma

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last