Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 2:23 pm CDT

Where is Diane?

Has anyone heard from Diane since we lost our board?  I don't remember her sending any emails.  And unless I skipped over a message from her ~ I haven't seen her check in on this new board??

Just wondering and a little bit worried.....  from Julie

July 23, 2005, 2:29 pm CDT

Good to see you, Fluffy

HI! How nice to see the board back. It will take some of us a day or two to adjust to it, but it is back AND just in the nick of time.

I'll post more later.

FLUFFY

Hi Fluffy,

I bet your new Northern neighbors are blaming you for bringing heat from ElPaso up there???  haha

Seems we are having a heat wave all over the USA this summer.

How is the box opening going?  I started out "gangbusters" and was doing six boxes a day.  Then after I had found all the most often used things I guess I just pooped out!  Now most of what is left is books, etc. and I don't feel like playing librarian right now.  We still can't get our cars into the garage.  Probably won't be able to until weather gets cooler and we have a yard sale and get rid of a bunch of stuff!

My son and family are coming for a visit tomorrow.  They will stay a week with us.  They live in Chicago and have been visiting down in Houston with her family all this past week.  I hope they are not expecting Dallas to be much cooler than Houston!  It's not!

I hope you are enjoying your new place. 

Glad to see you online.  Love from Julie

July 23, 2005, 2:46 pm CDT

Another hello ..............

Carolyn here again, just playing with the new board and getting use to the format.  It is a very hot, humid day here in Louisiana,heat index of 110.   I was up at 6am getting ready to go out on the boat fishing.  We were on the water by 7, ice water and grapes aboard.   Had an early breakfast so we could last a few hours on the lake.  The heat is so bad by 10am that we head back home.  We catch and release our fish.  I am not into cleaning or neither is DH, so we just have fun trying to catch some.  I caught 2 big bream and lots of small ones.  We use crickets as bait.  I am getting very tan, but am careful of the sun; wear a hat to protect my face.  Diane, where are you?  Hope you are not still having trouble with your server.  I also miss hearing from others on the new board: Rainey,Joan,Vicki,Helen,Judi, JudyT.,Pat,Sandy,Elsie,Margaret,Jackie,Obie,Vebe and Ivy.   You may have posted and I didnt see your post.  Still getting use to finding everyone.  I hope all the WOW's find their way to our new Over 60 WLC Community and are able to post.  Please let us hear from you.  By the way, I asked that my photo be removed from the new site.  It made me look strange, as if I have bucked teeth. lol......I may not post again until Monday Weigh In.   I will be at my mom's Monday, so MAC, it may be late afternoon.   Have a wonderful Sunday and stay on High Response and use portion control(my downfall)  Hugs to all, Carolyn

July 23, 2005, 2:48 pm CDT

More Discoveries

I tried the spell check (from the compose phase - not the preview or edit phase) and it works.  First time, no problem. 

I think it has to do with our individual computer (PC, MAC , our server (I'm AOL) and whether we're cable/high speed/or dial-up (maybe).  Still struggling with other matters, like adding pictures, but spell check works fine.

Takes only a second.

Connie

July 23, 2005, 3:01 pm CDT

Hi everyone again.

I think I got a picture in this time because the ones of me are too large.I lost the others I used to use so lets try a new one.Like Joyce says this is just an experiment.I have had a lot of problem getting a picture over to the side,then I got one in the note.Oh my I've lost it today.Anyhow at least we can all get on here again.I think we can anyhow.Hope you've all had a super day.We just had a heavy rain shower so its cooled down thank Heavens.I see Joyce we are all working on the same chapter in the BOOK so thats great.I need a BIG review.So much of it is still with me though.I'll have to get those CD's back in my ears with Dr.P. again.We travel well together.

Sherry glad you are getting better and so nice to read your post.Is nice to read everyones.Its so hot trying to exercise and I know thats what it takes.I guess swimming will be it for a while.Thats what I did last summer.

Take care and all have a good evening.Den Mom Carole

July 23, 2005, 4:32 pm CDT

Saturday Evening

Good Evening Girls!

I have noticed that the messages written in bold type are easier to read, even in the smaller print.  We have had a fairly cool day here with strong winds and heavy rain off and on.  Half of the population of this town is without electricity right now - thankfully, it is not our half.  :-)

I emptied a couple more boxes today.  JOAN, like you, I'm finding the things I really need and am backing off a little.  I need to purchase book shelves before I can unpack my library, but most of the other things are now available.  The kitchen and gues room will be some of the last boxes I do.

I weighed this morning, but want to do the MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN thing with MAC, so will not post it now.  I will wait and weigh again on Monday morning and post my weight with the Monday Group.  I like having that as a starting day!  All of my testing equipment got lost in the move so I wasn't able to start my glucose testing until before dinner last night.  My reading last night was good, and today's readings have been excellent.  I'm encouranged.

This morning I took Little Fluff on a short walk.  We were waiting for a delivery so I was afraid to go very far . . . but he sure enjoyed it.  We got a nice 30 minute walk in a couple of days ago.

I still have not unpacked all of the cartons with my bicycling gear in them.  The packers packed part of the stuff and I still need to uncover my bicycle helmet and shoes.  I absolutely refuse to ride without a helmet.  Soon - I hope very soon.

Monday I have medical checkups.  Outside of being heavier than last time I was there, I don't anticipate any other serious changes.  At least I can hope. 

It's good to see that so many WOW'S have posted.  CARLES, good to see your post.  I cannot add my picture until I'm using my own computer.  It's stored there - I'm still using Mother's computer and that dreadfully slow dial-up connection!  Next week we will have both computers on cable modem. 

Can't think of anything else right now.  I will need to bury my nose in THE BOOK and spent some quality time getting "things" back in order.

Have a good evening now!

FLUFFY

July 23, 2005, 4:32 pm CDT

Saturday Evening

Good Evening Girls!

I have noticed that the messages written in bold type are easier to read, even in the smaller print.  We have had a fairly cool day here with strong winds and heavy rain off and on.  Half of the population of this town is without electricity right now - thankfully, it is not our half.  :-)

I emptied a couple more boxes today.  JOAN, like you, I'm finding the things I really need and am backing off a little.  I need to purchase book shelves before I can unpack my library, but most of the other things are now available.  The kitchen and gues room will be some of the last boxes I do.

I weighed this morning, but want to do the MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN thing with MAC, so will not post it now.  I will wait and weigh again on Monday morning and post my weight with the Monday Group.  I like having that as a starting day!  All of my testing equipment got lost in the move so I wasn't able to start my glucose testing until before dinner last night.  My reading last night was good, and today's readings have been excellent.  I'm encouranged.

This morning I took Little Fluff on a short walk.  We were waiting for a delivery so I was afraid to go very far . . . but he sure enjoyed it.  We got a nice 30 minute walk in a couple of days ago.

I still have not unpacked all of the cartons with my bicycling gear in them.  The packers packed part of the stuff and I still need to uncover my bicycle helmet and shoes.  I absolutely refuse to ride without a helmet.  Soon - I hope very soon.

Monday I have medical checkups.  Outside of being heavier than last time I was there, I don't anticipate any other serious changes.  At least I can hope. 

It's good to see that so many WOW'S have posted.  CARLES, good to see your post.  I cannot add my picture until I'm using my own computer.  It's stored there - I'm still using Mother's computer and that dreadfully slow dial-up connection!  Next week we will have both computers on cable modem. 

Can't think of anything else right now.  I will need to bury my nose in THE BOOK and spent some quality time getting "things" back in order.

Have a good evening now!

FLUFFY

July 23, 2005, 4:39 pm CDT

that spell check

I tried the spell check (from the compose phase - not the preview or edit phase) and it works. First time, no problem.

I think it has to do with our individual computer (PC, MAC , our server (I'm AOL) and whether we're cable/high speed/or dial-up (maybe). Still struggling with other matters, like adding pictures, but spell check works fine.

Takes only a second.

Connie

CONNIE -- what exactly does the spell check do?  I tried writing a message --"I se the dawg" and checked on the spell check.  The same blank page I mentioned to Ms Moderator came up.  I sat there for five minutes and NOTHING appeared in the blank box.  I have cable and things should happen quickly. 

What should I expect to happen in that box?  Eilene

AND, does anyone else find it irritating that we can't respond without the ENTIRE prior message being reprinted?

July 23, 2005, 4:43 pm CDT

You KNow . . .

WOW's, it looks as if we can't respond to messages without quoting part of the message.  That may be a very good thing . . . but I will miss having comments right under the posted message.  This will take our little OLD BRAINS a day or two to figure out, but we will do it!  Thank goodness we are all back together.

Where's PEG?

FLUFFY

July 23, 2005, 4:52 pm CDT

I found you!

I have to laugh, I am like Mary B and fight change!  I finally found you guys! I was fussing becasue the 60s were not here, duh...saw page #2 and here you are :-)   Is this the only choice of font size we have? At least we are finding our way here.  More later....

Mary Anne  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last