Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2008, 3:35 am CDT

Attention old timers to WOW

Dear Wows!  From the heading above looks like any time now we are in for another board change.  This one will wipe out all the old boards and the archives I think.  Good chance we will not have this format and some of us -probably me-  will struggle to figure out how to get there and how to post.  So I wanted to stop by to say how much it has meant to meet people my own age online who are working on getting healthy.

Maybe we will meet again  for a new board when it changes?  May each of you continue to have success in your weight mangagement and joy in your life in general.  Let's at least keep in touch via private emails from time to time!  I   figure the boards could disappear at any time so best of luck to all who have been a part of this board for the past few years.  You have to admit we had some good fun and fellowship way back when and plenty of challenges!  And we have survived !  Love Rainy

October 9, 2008, 3:30 pm CDT

Oh, no

Quote From: longyear

Dear Wows!  From the heading above looks like any time now we are in for another board change.  This one will wipe out all the old boards and the archives I think.  Good chance we will not have this format and some of us -probably me-  will struggle to figure out how to get there and how to post.  So I wanted to stop by to say how much it has meant to meet people my own age online who are working on getting healthy.

Maybe we will meet again  for a new board when it changes?  May each of you continue to have success in your weight mangagement and joy in your life in general.  Let's at least keep in touch via private emails from time to time!  I   figure the boards could disappear at any time so best of luck to all who have been a part of this board for the past few years.  You have to admit we had some good fun and fellowship way back when and plenty of challenges!  And we have survived !  Love Rainy

Oh, Rainy,  I hope this board doesn't go down.  I know that I don't post very much, but I do come here to share, to find comfort and feel love and support.  Everyone here has meant so much to me over the years.  I would hate to see us lost in the quagmire of new technology that a new set up might bring.  I'm not on anyone's e-mail list.  Please include me if you all stay in touch.  I would so miss you all.

Love,

Ellen

My e-mail is listed under my profile. 

October 9, 2008, 6:23 pm CDT

ELLEN in Calif. aka wired shut

Quote From: wiredshut

Oh, Rainy,  I hope this board doesn't go down.  I know that I don't post very much, but I do come here to share, to find comfort and feel love and support.  Everyone here has meant so much to me over the years.  I would hate to see us lost in the quagmire of new technology that a new set up might bring.  I'm not on anyone's e-mail list.  Please include me if you all stay in touch.  I would so miss you all.

Love,

Ellen

My e-mail is listed under my profile. 

Ellen,  A couple of years back the boards went down for a few months or something like that when they made a big change but the old boards were still assessible I think. We compiled a list of posters on this board for emailing in general.  A few did not want to stay in touch but many did so if we lose this board and it is too hard to find it I will include you on any list of people I email.  I know Joyce has a list too so she will read this and add you to her llsit as well.  Many no longer post but now and then we keep in touch.  I do think ths change is coming cause I clicked on to see what the new BETA board was  about and it looks like too much stuff for me to bother with, And it looks like the old boards will not be available any more as well if I understand what I read.  Time will tell,  I hope the old members check back soon to see what is happening even if they do not post so we can keep in touch. 

Rainy

October 9, 2008, 11:23 pm CDT

Hi

I'm glad that I checked in..have been trying to live on 1200 calories..I do find that up to 1500 suits me better..

Ellen, I looked under your profile and found your e mail..and I'll e mail you soon..it is 2:16 am this morning and I am falling asleep..my e mail is diane77777@peoplepc.com..and its working..though some are having trouble getting through..I think the new security is a little over zealous..

We've been so fortunate to have this board..I hate to think of it not being here..many the night I found Julie, or gin on here too..lots on our minds..not sleeping..some of us have ongoing things that need work..and money issues are looming for most of the world..I looked at mine and thought..I handle my money well..its always the rest of the world messing up that causes me problems..and one mistake that I made..but was lied to by a ML salesman..and it has dogged me for years..and probably will..or mayb e not..

I did that series of back rx..and found problems for my neck..no way can I do crunches..and am not going to do the exercises every other day, but twice a week until I can do them with no pain..connecting here makes me keep aware of where I would be if this board were not here..it is a connection with healthy direction..well, love to all, really have to go to bed..but did get a lot done in the dark quiet hours..this week the gas company dug up old lines..and laid new ones..jack hammers and steam shovels..and back hoes and lots of loud workmen..and muddy dust..plus men painting a house in back and across the street..diane

October 11, 2008, 12:44 pm CDT

A Lurker

Hi- I am guilty as charged of being a lurker. When I looked on the message board-that Beta thing was from 2005. I don't know how it could be new with that date.

Hello All-  We are finally able to make the trip north to see our children and granddaughters this coming Tuesday. We are flying ,since there is no way my back would take 3+ days of riding in a car.

For good news, I have now lost 24 pounds. I am within 11 pounds of the goal set by my doctor. It won't make me skinny by a longshot. Since the last 10 are the hardest to lose, I am pretending that I want to lose 21 more. Can I trick my body as well? From the size of my tummy, even after a month of abdominal and back exercises, I know where the 21 could come from(lol). 

At this point I am starting to wean off of the addictive drugs-so far, so good. I want to be able to drive by the time we come back. Then I can resume my volunteer activities.

We are planning to do our Christmas shopping, along with a couple of around Christmas birthdays, and wrap and leave it there -might as well have that $50 in postage to spend on gifts.

We are planning to visit Diane  and have lunch together. 

I am now able to walk around the house without my cane, and have a TENS unit to use several times a day to try to stimulate the nerves. It kind of feels like pins and needles at certain points. If it will talk to that nerve in my foot and say "get going" I  will be very happy. '

We will be gone three weeks, and will write when we return in November.  Laineybea

October 11, 2008, 6:11 pm CDT

Lainybea

Quote From: laineybea

Hi- I am guilty as charged of being a lurker. When I looked on the message board-that Beta thing was from 2005. I don't know how it could be new with that date.

Hello All-  We are finally able to make the trip north to see our children and granddaughters this coming Tuesday. We are flying ,since there is no way my back would take 3+ days of riding in a car.

For good news, I have now lost 24 pounds. I am within 11 pounds of the goal set by my doctor. It won't make me skinny by a longshot. Since the last 10 are the hardest to lose, I am pretending that I want to lose 21 more. Can I trick my body as well? From the size of my tummy, even after a month of abdominal and back exercises, I know where the 21 could come from(lol). 

At this point I am starting to wean off of the addictive drugs-so far, so good. I want to be able to drive by the time we come back. Then I can resume my volunteer activities.

We are planning to do our Christmas shopping, along with a couple of around Christmas birthdays, and wrap and leave it there -might as well have that $50 in postage to spend on gifts.

We are planning to visit Diane  and have lunch together. 

I am now able to walk around the house without my cane, and have a TENS unit to use several times a day to try to stimulate the nerves. It kind of feels like pins and needles at certain points. If it will talk to that nerve in my foot and say "get going" I  will be very happy. '

We will be gone three weeks, and will write when we return in November.  Laineybea

Laineybea!   I hope this board is still here when you return from your trip.  If you click on he place where it says to  for FAQ  frequently asked questions  you will see indeed this reference to a BETA board  is NOT from 2005 but from now-- Oct8th 08 and forward!  Honest.  Check it out.   That little date at the top that says 2005 refers to this board cause that 's when we started it up again when the last one went laput and we started over.  This time I think the boards will be erased and no history or such will exist at least that is what I  think I read.

I am glad to read your update and hope you continue to inprove!  Please keep in touch when you return and if this board is gone email us old timers privately.  Enjoy your trip north.  We are having a beautiful October in Michigan thus far...very sunny  mild to warm and even the trees are later turning colors.   Hold off old man winter as long as  we can.    Rainy

October 12, 2008, 9:18 am CDT

Calling all WOW's

October 12, 2008, 9:19 am CDT

Over 60 WLC Community

Quote From: theljoy

You are right Rainy in that this board as we know is soon coming to an
end.  I read all the question and answer section of the new Beta board
and it answers these questions pretty well.  It is possible to form a
new board but involves too much effort for me.  If in the future
someone works that out I will certainly check into it.  It has been
great over the years and has added much to my life.  In the early years
I once copied the messages for several months and have the papers in a
box.  Don't know why I did that but I enjoy reading them now.  During
the time you were writing poetry about the keys Rainy and we were
having virtual tea parties and such.  We were just getting to know one
another.  The greatest lesson I have learned on this board over the
years is to give new relationships the patience and time they deserve. 
We have some wonderful peers out there across our nation and eve the
world (we had a few from England Canada and Australia)    I feel quite
close to a group of women I have never met ~ Keep in touch through
email and know that I am always out there to cheer you on life
journey.  Love, Joyce (theljoy) vjoycemiles@verizon.net

October 12, 2008, 9:40 am CDT

Over 60 WLC Community

We truly need to cherish each moment we have on this beautiful planet.  My very dear SIL has been diagnosed with Mastastic Cancer.  she has it in her breast, liver and bones.  She has not been feeling well for some time but we had no idea the seriousness of her condition.  My brother, Jim and Von celebrated their 50th this year.  They have been together since they were 17.  We all grew up together in Oregon.  The doctors are only giving her  a few more days to respond to treatment and then they are putting her in hospice.  It is a shock to have someone go so quickly.  My brother is devoted to her ~ one of those marriages people often envy.  We are as worried about him as we are about her.  They have a large family and hopefully they will be a strength to each other.

Von, Mother and Jim   January 2008

October 12, 2008, 3:25 pm CDT

Good bye I guess.

Thank you Joyce for your last gift from the garden, I have enjoyed them all over the years we have all been together.  This board has been such a blessing.   LaineyBea I applaud your loss, you are doing so well, may you continue.  My husband has a TENS unit also, it is working to relieve his pain very well, but he wears it all day.    I am going to miss hearing from everyone here, and I hope you make an effort to stay in touch.   Ruth

First | Prev | 647 | 648 | 649 | 650 | 651 | 652 | 653 | 654 | 655 | Next | Last