Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 21, 2008, 12:47 pm CDT

Hi Andie

Quote From: andiepie15

Well, friends, I blew it this last week.  Gained 2 pounds.  "It must have been something I ate."

Andiepie17

(177/ 119/ 121.5)

Gee, it's nice to see someone else on the board.  Sorry about the 2 pounds, Andie, but it sure is nice to see you.  I've been going up and down 5 pounds for the last two months and it's killing me!  I was doing so well and now that dreaded "plateau."  UGH!

Be well.

Love,

Ellen

October 21, 2008, 1:55 pm CDT

/" the dreaded 'plateau'"/

Ellen--I've plateaued before.  The advice I was given was to drink more water, make sure I was still eating the right food and the right portions, and up the exercise.

Hope that helps.

:) Andiepie17

October 22, 2008, 5:56 pm CDT

/Happy Healthy Birthday--third year/

Happy Healthy Birthday!

This is the happy healthy birthday card I wrote to myself to celebrate reaching my goal weight on October 22, 2005. I’m taking Dr. Phil’s on becoming your own best friend seriously.

For October 22, 2005–Hi, Andrea! (Andiepie’s real name) Happy 2nd birthday (meaning a second birthday date)! Happy healthy birthday! This card celebrates your birth as a healthy person! Your blood pressure is down! Your Cholesterol is down! Your blood sugar is down! You feel better all over!

It hasn’t been easy for you, I know. It’s taken much longer than you thought it would. Slow is not a BAD thing because taking it off slowly means you’re much more likely to KEEP it off. You’ve tried the fast ways. DIDN’T work, did it!

There were times when you came home SO TIRED from work that you didn’t think you had any energy left for exercise. You did your One Minute Challenge minutes anyway! You found that when you started an aerobics video for just ten minutes, you usually finished it.

You know you eat much healthier than you did. You read labels now. If you shouldn’t eat it, you pretty much don’t take it home.

You’ve reached your goal now. How are you going to keep it off? You’ll keep doing the things that helped you lose the weight: daily exercise and eating healthy. This has become a life style for you now.

There’s NO REASON to let yourself get heavy again. Keep weighing once a week. Use the souped -up routines that helped you get to your goal if your weight should start to creep up. (Richard Simmons and Dr. Phil both recommend a five pound leeway.) Keep moving!

I’m proud of you! Love from Andrea (Your new best friend)

October 22, 2008, 6:29 pm CDT

/Started a new 60's board in Beta format/

I think you'll find it under Weight Loss Communities--or something like that.  There didn't seem to be one for 60's, so I've called it "Sixty-ites".  Hope this is okay with all of you. 

October 22, 2008, 6:51 pm CDT

/Oops!/

I think you'll find it under Weight Loss Communities--or something like that.  There didn't seem to be one for 60's, so I've called it "Sixty-ites".  Hope this is okay with all of you. 

Never mind.  I found "60' community on "page 2".  Also, I really messed up the name of the "community".

October 23, 2008, 8:50 pm CDT

CONGRATULATIONS

Congratulations, Andie!  And thank you for your note to yourself.  You are an inspiration to us all.

Love,

Ellen

November 3, 2008, 4:39 am CST

Hi everyone

I finally found the sixties board. So many boards have been added that this is now on page 3 instead of page 2. I still don't see the people I'm looking  and I did the beta thing. Maybe I did something wrong/ I have gained 11 lbs. in the past 1 1/2 months and am determined to bundle up and walk on the new walking trail in the ageternoons when it is warmer since I'm prone to lung infections b/c of my COPD. The Dr. want me moving some b/e it helps with congetstion. I'm hoping that is going to help me get this weight off.  Well now that I found you I will post here and keep up with the Over 50 Board b/c I know people ther. It is jsut now as busy as it use to be with a lot of people gone.

November 6, 2008, 9:39 am CST

link to beta

Quote From: janice255

I finally found the sixties board. So many boards have been added that this is now on page 3 instead of page 2. I still don't see the people I'm looking  and I did the beta thing. Maybe I did something wrong/ I have gained 11 lbs. in the past 1 1/2 months and am determined to bundle up and walk on the new walking trail in the ageternoons when it is warmer since I'm prone to lung infections b/c of my COPD. The Dr. want me moving some b/e it helps with congetstion. I'm hoping that is going to help me get this weight off.  Well now that I found you I will post here and keep up with the Over 50 Board b/c I know people ther. It is jsut now as busy as it use to be with a lot of people gone.
     http://community.drphil.com/boards/?EntryID=483&SubCategoryID=19

the above link will take you right to the new beta 60 board where everyone is posting now.  You may have to type it in.  theljoy

November 6, 2008, 10:02 pm CST

/Theljoy said this will get you to the new board/

the above link will take you right to the new beta 60 board where everyone is posting now.  You may have to type it in.  theljoy

November 7, 2008, 8:13 pm CST

/Couldn't get this to work/

I'm sorry, friends.  I couldn't get this to work even typing it in letter by letter.  If anyone has had success doing this, please share what worked for you.

First | Prev | 649 | 650 | 651 | 652 | 653 | 654 | 655 | Next | Last