Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2008, 5:20 am CST

didn't work for me either

Quote From: andiepie15

I'm sorry, friends.  I couldn't get this to work even typing it in letter by letter.  If anyone has had success doing this, please share what worked for you.

:) Andiepie17

Your not alone. I typed every letter as written and it didn't work for me either.

In the meantime, my brother died last Friday, Nov. 7. He was 2 weeks short of being 59. Tall, skinny, watched what he ate, had  a physcial job, but he smoked. I'm wondering. Like Tim Russert of Meet The Press he had just had a physical and only a slight elevation of hypertension was showing, heart was fine, lungs clear, cholesterol  fine. so what went wrong that he died of a heart attack. he wasn't angry with anyone, upset or anything like that according to his girlfriend of 13 years. she is having autopsy done to find out why. it won't bring him back but maybe answer why . she took him to the ER after he complained of chest pains and they said usually it is just indigestion. Then when they saw he was having a massive heart attack they din't use the paddles or CPR or anything. That is what upset his girlfriend so much. She is devastated that she lost the love of her life. They never married. They said they didn't need a piece of paper to prove their love. She isn't going to get a lot that she could get if they had married.

I have beta Yahoo.  I hope ya'll have a good week.   Janice

November 10, 2008, 11:28 pm CST

/Janice/

Quote From: janice255

Your not alone. I typed every letter as written and it didn't work for me either.

In the meantime, my brother died last Friday, Nov. 7. He was 2 weeks short of being 59. Tall, skinny, watched what he ate, had  a physcial job, but he smoked. I'm wondering. Like Tim Russert of Meet The Press he had just had a physical and only a slight elevation of hypertension was showing, heart was fine, lungs clear, cholesterol  fine. so what went wrong that he died of a heart attack. he wasn't angry with anyone, upset or anything like that according to his girlfriend of 13 years. she is having autopsy done to find out why. it won't bring him back but maybe answer why . she took him to the ER after he complained of chest pains and they said usually it is just indigestion. Then when they saw he was having a massive heart attack they din't use the paddles or CPR or anything. That is what upset his girlfriend so much. She is devastated that she lost the love of her life. They never married. They said they didn't need a piece of paper to prove their love. She isn't going to get a lot that she could get if they had married.

I have beta Yahoo.  I hope ya'll have a good week.   Janice

I'm so sorry.  I've gotten great care at hospitals, and it makes me sad your brother did not. 

((((Janice))))

November 11, 2008, 2:59 am CST

Thank you

I'm so sorry.  I've gotten great care at hospitals, and it makes me sad your brother did not. 

((((Janice))))

Thank You Andiepie for your sympathy. I'm wondering why they didn't use  the paddles or CPR o something. It is hard to prove negligence or she  could sue the hospital.  I think his being a smoker may have caused it.

I have started drinking more water again. I never found the time to go walking last week when it was unusually warm for this time of the year. Now it is much colder. I hope to go once this week during the afternoon when it is the warmest. Got to get theis weight I gained off.

Happy Veterns Day if you are a veteren. Remember to put out your flag or like me  hang my flag bow on the door.

November 11, 2008, 6:42 pm CST

Oh, Janice

I am so sorry for your loss.  I always find words so hard to come by at times like this.  Please know you are not alone.

Ellen

November 11, 2008, 10:36 pm CST

/Janice/

Thank You Andiepie for your sympathy. I'm wondering why they didn't use  the paddles or CPR o something. It is hard to prove negligence or she  could sue the hospital.  I think his being a smoker may have caused it.

I have started drinking more water again. I never found the time to go walking last week when it was unusually warm for this time of the year. Now it is much colder. I hope to go once this week during the afternoon when it is the warmest. Got to get theis weight I gained off.

Happy Veterns Day if you are a veteren. Remember to put out your flag or like me  hang my flag bow on the door.

I've never smoked, but I understand it's really hard to quit.  I sometimes think if someone told me I could never have any more chocolate, I would find it very hard to give up.

I put both my flags out today.

November 12, 2008, 4:48 am CST

Ellen

Quote From: wiredshut

I am so sorry for your loss.  I always find words so hard to come by at times like this.  Please know you are not alone.

Ellen

Thank you for your symphathy Ellen. It's so hard to belive I'll never see my brother again. It had been 5 years since I saw him but he was there in my mind. I knew I could go see him if I wanted to. It iwasabout a 7 hour drive from where we each lived.  He was quiet but when he spoke he could be funny. He called himself ' Mister in between'  b/c he had 2 older siglings than him and two younger than him.

My sister's pastor told my mother  it was just his time to go. We were expecting Mom to go not Dennis. She is 87 and not doing very well. Not Dennis  is dead at age 58. The first to go. besides Dad who died 10 years ago.  Must get ready for the day and drink more water and do some exercise.  Ya'll have a great day.  Janice

November 12, 2008, 4:51 am CST

Smoking

I've never smoked, but I understand it's really hard to quit.  I sometimes think if someone told me I could never have any more chocolate, I would find it very hard to give up.

I put both my flags out today.

Yes smoking is very addicting. I quit 10 years ago. I had to use lots of the Nicerite gum and regular gum to quit.  I think certain foods are very adddicting like chocolate! LOL You and I both know that.  LOL Janice

November 12, 2008, 5:11 am CST

Andie pie

Yes smoking is very addicting. I quit 10 years ago. I had to use lots of the Nicerite gum and regular gum to quit.  I think certain foods are very adddicting like chocolate! LOL You and I both know that.  LOL Janice
 YaYY. We need all the flags we can get to be hung to show our troops we support them. Dennis, my brother who died, was a Viet Nam vetern. He was a gunner on a helicopter and when he came home we never flew again b/d there weere too many bad memories. He'd drive acoss country but he wouldn't fly. We need to win this wasr on terror over ther or it will be right here.  Janice  No weight loss.  Janice

November 12, 2008, 9:43 am CST

Over 60 WLC Community

I haven't checked back on this board for awhile.  I am sorry to hear about your brother Janice ~ I went through much the same thing with my dear SIL last month.  She died of breast cancer that went undiscovered until the last eight days of her life.  The suddenness of it leaves so many questions.  How could the doctors miss what took their life? 

I am offering a new way to get to the beta 60 board.  The address I posted worked for some ~ I am sorry it did not work for all.  You may have to update a profile on the beta boards but give this a try.  We miss those of you that have not found your way over.

1.  Log in to drphil.com
  2. click at the top on Speak Your Mind (blue box)
  3. click on message boards
  4. click New Beta Community Boards
  5. click Weight
  6. click Weight Loss Member Support
  7. scroll to bottom of page  and click pg 2
  8. scroll to Over 60 WLC Community click (YOU'RE IN!)
If you can't see the headings I have posted on the list ~ scroll down the page ~ I sure hope this helps

Joyce

November 15, 2008, 3:19 am CST

Thanks Joyce

Quote From: theljoy

I haven't checked back on this board for awhile.  I am sorry to hear about your brother Janice I went through much the same thing with my dear SIL last month.  She died of breast cancer that went undiscovered until the last eight days of her life.  The suddenness of it leaves so many questions.  How could the doctors miss what took their life? 

I am offering a new way to get to the beta 60 board.  The address I posted worked for some I am sorry it did not work for all.  You may have to update a profile on the beta boards but give this a try.  We miss those of you that have not found your way over.

1.  Log in to drphil.com
  2. click at the top on Speak Your Mind (blue box)
  3. click on message boards
  4. click New Beta Community Boards
  5. click Weight
  6. click Weight Loss Member Support
  7. scroll to bottom of page  and click pg 2
  8. scroll to Over 60 WLC Community click (YOU'RE IN!)
If you can't see the headings I have posted on the list scroll down the page I sure hope this helps

Joyce
 First I'd like to extend my sympathy to you Joyce for your sil. Yes You wonder how they can miss what took their life. Negligence is hard to prove in the medical field. I'm sure you were as devastated as I was. I need to call my brothers gf today and see how she is doing. I like to give people some space when thinggs first happen so they can do all they have to do. then I foind out other people know more than  I do b/c they have been calling every day or two. She said she would call in a few days to lets us know when the funeral would be. She said she couldn't deal gooing trugh his stuff and decided who would get what. It might be too hard to mail. We are too spread out. All six kids in six different states. I want to go and give my support to someone who is so sweet. I don't think she should have to give anything of his away until and unless she feels like it and when she feels like it.  I know some can't come financially. lie me and our sister in CA. I would have to have oxygen delivered to where I stayed for a day or two. Plus a special device I use in place of a consintrator. It's complicated. I'm going down to see my daughter and sil at Christmas so need to save that for then. Only a month away.  My Dr. visit come out very good. My sugar and colestrol and everything like that is fine. Dr. said very good. Now I hope I don''t have something he missed. Sad not LOL. Janice p.s. He didn't say anything about the 11 lbs weight gain.  Hope you all have a good weekend.   Janice I'll try your steps to beta Dr. Phil.

First | Prev | 650 | 651 | 652 | 653 | 654 | 655 | Next | Last