Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 4:54 pm CDT

I see bigger fonts

I have to laugh, I am like Mary B and fight change! I finally found you guys! I was fussing becasue the 60s were not here, duh...saw page #2 and here you are :-) Is this the only choice of font size we have?At least we are finding our way here. More later....

Mary Anne

where do I get them???

Mary Anne

July 23, 2005, 7:14 pm CDT

Quote from Dr Phil Calendar

Saturday  July 23, 2005

"The more tools and activities you can plug into your day as coping strategies, the more likely you are to get the results you want."  Dr. Phil

July 23, 2005, 7:17 pm CDT

What a job getting here

Seems like it took me all day to get into the site.  I never was emailed at all, so i really had to scrounge around.  Finally got an email from the philboard, so here i am..........quote and all lol

have a great week-end

vebe

July 23, 2005, 8:21 pm CDT

Eilene - re Spell Check

When I choose Spell Check it runs through my typed message very fast and gives choices to "Ignore" / "Ignore All" / "Replace" / "Replace All" / "Change To".  The Spell Check comes up in a box separate from the typed message.  If it isn't in the dictionary, it asks - but if it is a word, but the wrong word, it doesn't ask you.  I once had a spell check program that asked you based on the meaning of the word, (if it didn't make sense, it asked you, and gave you alternative words)  Problem is, some words aren't in the dictionary (names) and there were a lot of "Ignore" or "Ignore All" responses.  You could add that word to the dictionary.  Pretty smart system.

Don't know why mine worked from the get-go and others are having problem.  It's a mystery to me.

Good luck.

Connie

P.S.  I "misspelled" one word above, and it gave me correct spelling to replace.

July 23, 2005, 8:35 pm CDT

Larger Print (Viewing)

You can go into your PROFILE and ask for Large Print.  BUT it only gets large after you have LOGGED ON. 

I have discovered that if you LOG ON first you not only get your larger print (requested) but you are ready to post when and if you want to.  I was having trouble responding to a specific post - then having to log on, and losing my place to message I wanted to post to.

Seems like we are all having different problems - but problems of some sort.  Replying with Quote isn't bad if the original was short, but the longer ones, now that's another story.  We could fill up a whole page with Quote and our Reply.  lol

We're learning, and it will be good to see everyone here.  I e-mailed Diane today, but haven't heard.  Seems like she was having computer problems when we went off the Board.  Hope it wasn't serious and that she is enjoying the summer.  But sure miss hearing from her!

Connie

July 23, 2005, 9:19 pm CDT

Evening Ladies

Went to bed at 2 a.m. this morning and was up at 4 with Steve. Was in and out of WalMart by 6:30 this morning. That is definitely the best time to go. It was not busy at all and nice and cool. Had to get paper for making birthday cards for the nursing homes. Went back to bed at 9 and was up again by 10:30 or 11 and been up ever since.

I like to play Mahjong and found one that lets me make my own tiles. I made a set of tiles using some of the pictures from when Lorrie was here. Sure is different from using their tiles.

BS and food control was good today. I even remembered to eat breakfast. Eggs, Wheat toast and banana along with some dried prunes.

248/235.5/135

Ruth T.

July 23, 2005, 9:23 pm CDT

hi Ruth

Went to bed at 2 a.m. this morning and was up at 4 with Steve. Was in and out of WalMart by 6:30 this morning. That is definitely the best time to go. It was not busy at all and nice and cool. Had to get paper for making birthday cards for the nursing homes. Went back to bed at 9 and was up again by 10:30 or 11 and been up ever since.

I like to play Mahjong and found one that lets me make my own tiles. I made a set of tiles using some of the pictures from when Lorrie was here. Sure is different from using their tiles.

BS and food control was good today. I even remembered to eat breakfast. Eggs, Wheat toast and banana along with some dried prunes.

248/235.5/135

Ruth T.

I see you are posting as I am reading. sort of like the chat room. Things ate settlesing settleing down now if I can just edit but I think that is a Mac thing that is being worked on as I have no spell check buttons or backspace ability so far. I do have large reas reading font when I log in first thing I sure miss the back space though as you can see. Ruth you are doing well today congrats on your choices.

July 24, 2005, 1:27 am CDT

Quote from Dr Phil Calendar

Sunday  July 24, 2005

"People who genuinely care about you still get really scared when you try to change."  Dr. Phil

July 24, 2005, 7:21 am CDT

Just testing

Just playing with the format, this is the 1st time on the board.  Hope you don't mind as I play with colors etc.

July 24, 2005, 7:52 am CDT

Over 60 WLC Community

c It is a challange to put an image in here without the backspace. I remain hopeful that we Mac users will be able to edit soon. I have found being hopeful is the only sane way to get through many of the bumps on life's trail so I remain hopeful for this new board format and for my weight loss efforts. Have a great wlc/wls Day everyone. We can conquer this bump in our 60s board and make it our own in no time. Joyce PS photo last week high in the Sierras where the wildflowers carpet the ground.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last