Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2005, 6:26 pm CDT

Hi all

So nice to be back in the swing of things. Nice visit in the chat room tonight. Sorry more didn't show up. I wonder about our format too but soon it will be old hat to us. I just wonder about getting on the board and off. Looks like more work to me. LOL:)

Hope all is well with everyone. See you soon.

Hugs to all, Sandra

July 22, 2005, 8:43 pm CDT

Good evening Ladies

Here we are back on the message board. I'll miss getting all those e-mails everyday. I rather enjoyed it.

Ruth T.

July 22, 2005, 10:57 pm CDT

Friday-late

Well what a surprise this eve.-glad I checked the 'puter before heading for bed!Feels like I've been in limbo for quite a while.Glad you're back on-board Eilene-we'll have to compare notes on knee surgery.I have watched a virtual video of the surgery-very interesting !! Thanks to all who were sending e-mails-didn't get into that myself for lack of know-how...looking forward to more messages tomorrow.......Mac.

July 22, 2005, 11:02 pm CDT

Finally!!

July 22, 2005, 11:05 pm CDT

no editing?

I see no edit button on here -- I surely hope that is not a feature we have lost or you will all be stuck with my spelling errors. It has been frustrating to get on here and I have yet to figure out how to change my picture but maybe tomorrow. Joyce

July 22, 2005, 11:13 pm CDT

Joyce

Would' preview 'be new term for edit-also there appears to be 'spell check' available now-so that makes it much easier................Mac.

July 22, 2005, 11:26 pm CDT

mac

Would' preview 'be new term for edit-also there appears to be 'spell check' available now-so that makes it much easier................Mac.
I do not have "preview or spellcheck on mine Will I foud preview but no back space or delete- preview leads to edit - You get one shot at this not 30 inutes as beforeto cvhan change your mind. I have read others are having trouble with the backspace.......Joyce I am very frustrated at trying to change my profile pic so if anyone figures that out let me know -- in ht emeantime REMBER KEY 5 LOL

July 23, 2005, 5:33 am CDT

This is strange

I have been told that people just don't like change,that is me I guess...I agree if we can't edit,we will have a lot of errors...I will try the preview....I don't like that we had to change our password, I use the same one for most of my things...except financial things, like getting into my bank statement, that is totally different..My doctor was pleased with my tests...if my A1C was 6.8 for the last 3 months, I just wonder what it would have been for just the last 1 month...don't think they can check that though...There have been several days of very low readings....I am trying to come off the steroids that 2 out of 3 doctors say are dangerous, heart is beating a little strong, but not faster, will just have to keep a watch on it..I know there are other medicines that can regulate it without the steroids...It also takes months for it to completely get out of the system...I have enough things wrong without adding that to it.....I have already talked to TJ Maxx about getting my job back, said they would let me know in a few days....There are new stores going up, Hobby Lobby, Pier One Imports, Supposed to be a Sams club soon....Surely somebody will need an "experienced" worker...Have even considered the demo job I tried, good money, just a lot of aggravation....We will see...You ladies have a great day....MaryB...ok, when you do a preview it does have edit...

July 23, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

Over 60 WLC Community

I have been told that people just don't like change,that is me I guess...I agree if we can't edit,we will have a lot of errors...I will try the preview....I don't like that we had to change our password, I use the same one for most of my things...except financial things, like getting into my bank statement, that is totally different..My doctor was pleased with my tests...if my A1C was 6.8 for the last 3 months, I just wonder what it would have been for just the last1 month...don't think they can check that though...There have been several days of very low readings....I am trying to come off the steroids that 2 out of 3 doctors say are dangerous, heart is beating a little strong, but not faster, will just have to keep a watch on it..I know there are other medicines that can regulate it without the steroids...It also takes months for it to completely get out of the system...I have enough things wrong without adding that to it.....I have already talked to TJ Maxx about getting my job back, said they would let me know in a few days....There are new stores going up, Hobby Lobby, Pier One Imports, Supposed to be a Sams club soon....Surely somebody will need an "experienced" worker...Have even considered the demo job I tried, good money, just a lot of aggravation....We will see...You ladies have a great day....MaryB...ok, when you do a preview it does have edit...
Also the "smiley" does not always show up

July 23, 2005, 6:08 am CDT

Good Morning all

I had to re-register since my email address had changed. Lost all my profile information, picture, etc. I guess I could go back to that one and change my password. I am still getting mail sent forward to me from old address.

For us older, computer challenged generation, there are too many choices and hoops to jump through or it could be, just strange at this time. Whatever reason, I still wish we could have the ability to change our email address without having to re-register, etc. Seems like it should be simple enough to edit a profile to include changing our user name and our email address without having to re-register. After all, in my mind, our password is the most important item that should be secure. If we know our password, should be able to access anything. Well, I am glad to have that off my chest. LOL:)

Hot weather is really getting to me. My A/C didn't go off all afternoon or night until almost midnight. I try to get the house really cool in the morning when it will turn off sometimes but then by afternoon around 2:00 it doesn't seem to want to turn off at all. It was still 80 degrees in my house & would not cool down further. All ceiling fans were going and a couple of rooms were shut off. I think I need to block the windows on the west end as I get so much hot sun in the two bedrooms on that end of my house.

Hot weather does make me look for cool food though. Going to try to prepare some cold items today after I grocery shop. Will also go early this morning to the store. Just hope everyone else doesn't have same idea. LOL:)  Hugs to all, Sandra

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last