Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 6:09 am CDT

HOWDY

Howdy to all WOW's from Julie.  I'm so happy to be back online in our group and I hope that everyone finds us.  Yesterday at the doctor's office my stats were 254/236/180.   It's time for me to get serious about IE.  We are just about half way settled into our new home.  All the most important boxes have been opened and now we are down to the book boxes and other such things.  Sure is a temptation to just leave them boxed!   Hope you are all well.  I'm using jbbatWOT now that we are here in our new home. WOT are the initials of the name of our new street - haha.  Love to all from Julie

July 23, 2005, 6:47 am CDT

Just heard from Ruth W.

Ruth is having trouble getting here, too. 

"There is no way I can get logged in on the new board, and I am getting very frustrated trying.  It won't accept my old password, and when I ask for help, they send me my old name, with no password.  I don't know what to do next."  Ruth I told her that I reset password, and to try that.  If that doesn't work, will try to keep in touch so we don't lose her.  Maybe that's why all the rest haven't shown up yet.   Several have reported not being able to backspace or make corrections, and I have that in the Message Title area of the process.  I "block" what I want to eliminate and retype, which replaces the blocked typing.  Hope we all make it during the weekend, and can start Monday "on the same page".   Connie

July 23, 2005, 7:03 am CDT

Being Responsible

I weighed this morning and the scale said 162.5.  That was a very, VERY good weight in that my body really purged itself after getting home last night.  The down side is that even if I do well this week in every way my weight may not go down.  Oh well.  I am the boss of this body and I am on my way.

Very hot here and my power was out for about an hour.  So, since it was early morning, I went out and got gas, got my washed and picked up some groceries.  Have to pick up my son and gs from the airport this afternoon.  They have been in the Southwest the last week: Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley.  What horrible luck to have picked this week. 

Well, now that I have power it is back to the laundry.  Ks. Grandma/Eilene

July 23, 2005, 7:04 am CDT

Joyce

I see no edit button on here -- I surely hope that is not a feature we have lost or you will all be stuck with my spelling errors. It has been frustrating to get on here and I have yet to figure out how to change my picture but maybe tomorrow. Joyce

I know this may be different, but with everything you had figured out with the old Board, it will just be a matter of time on this one and you will be doing it all!!!

I think Mac users may be having some problems the rest of us aren't, cause I have heard that from the other Board I use also.

Just above the typing screen and just below the Message Title, do you have a space with some "buttons"  that say:  B (bold), I (italics) , 1___2___3___ (insert/remove numbered list) , *___ *___ *___ (insert/remove bulleted list) ABC (Spell Check) , AA (text color), etc. (Remove Format; Insert/Edit Image).

It seems (if I remember) when I was trying to add a picture that when I went to edit picture or add on PROFILE that I couldn't actually "find" my old picture and so chose a different picture, but when I got back to screen, my "old" picture from "old" message board, magically appeared, as you see it to the left of the screen.

Some of our problems may be "us" and then again some of them may be new system.  The moderator seems to be doing a good job of trying to keep up with us.  Hopefully things will calm down and they can at least get a little break.  lol

Like I said, you were "performing" so well before, you will be shining through with your pictures again soon.  Just remember to "breathe".

Have a great day.

Connie

July 23, 2005, 7:09 am CDT

Ms MODERATOR

I have a few questions:

About spell check:  When I click on that icon I get a blank box.  A totally blank box.  How does that help? Can't type in the box, doesn't show anything I've written -- it just sits there and stares back at me. 

And, the preview just shows what I've written with no chance to actually change anything in the box.  I can highlight -- but not delete what I've highlighted, and when I hit edit again I go back to the original and nothing is highlighted.

Why in the message box is my printing so small.  It shows up larger on the posting but is so tiny when I am typing that I can hardly see it. 

When I arrive at the Dr. Phil Site why do I have to put in my password each time?

I'm sure there will be additional precise questions as I go along but these are the first ones that jump out at me.  Thanks for any help.  Ks. Grandma

July 23, 2005, 7:18 am CDT

to: Ksgrandma

I'll send this as a regular message, hope you see it. We're having some issues quoting messages with red text but are working on a fix.

I have a few questions:

About spell check:  When I click on that icon I get a blank box.  A totally blank box.  How does that help? Can't type in the box, doesn't show anything I've written -- it just sits there and stares back at me.  Wait a little bit, spell check sometimes takes a while to load the very first time, once you get it loaded it should come up right away on future checks.

And, the preview just shows what I've written with no chance to actually change anything in the box.  I can highlight -- but not delete what I've highlighted, and when I hit edit again I go back to the original and nothing is highlighted. Preview allows you to see what your post will look like once it's posted, edit allows you to go back and change anything you don't like.

Why in the message box is my printing so small.  It shows up larger on the posting but is so tiny when I am typing that I can hardly see it.  The system only changes the font on the actual messages, not the posting box but I'll pass that along to our tech team.

When I arrive at the Dr. Phil Site why do I have to put in my password each time? Yes, this is for security purposes.

I'm sure there will be additional precise questions as I go along but these are the first ones that jump out at me.  Thanks for any help.  Ks. Grandma Feel free to ask anything!

July 23, 2005, 7:59 am CDT

I have tried every avenue to change my profile picture. I hit browse and get the new picture on but cannot seem to get it on the profile itself. There are blank boxes under the profile picture -- I have checked all these boxes but still come up frustrated and empty. I do like the editing tools for pictures the new board has added. Can we also insert pictures in our messages from a web site as we use too? (sorry about tto vz to but I have no backspace option and as a mac user no button bar for spell ceck and such when I go to edit) I store my images on a site that lets me download them other places-will I be able to go to that site and download any of those photos into my message. Can we use a larger font and colors as in the past with our messages.? Thank you theljoy This font size is very sa small for our age group to read

July 23, 2005, 8:02 am CDT

Good Morning WOW's

Finally!!!! The new message board. Something new to challenge our minds for awhile. Just don't start eating out of control over this WOW's. It's good for us to learn new things. Keeps our minds active and alive. LOL!!!!

I got out early this morning to plant my new red daylilly and my Russian sage. I would love to just dig and plant all day, but know my back won't take all that bending. So, baby-steps to having a pretty spot just outside of my kitchen window. The growing field of corn is pretty, but need a few flowers.

DD and I loaded up the car yesterday with too big clothes and other stuff we didn't need to Goodwill yesterday. Took advantage of having two eager grans to help. Then we did shopping. I finally bought a new swimsuit. My size 16 is just to big. I tried on a 12. Still too big. Yes, I'm a 10! Haven't worn a 10 since 1970. I know I need to send picture. Soon!!!! Have a wonderful day, Gin

July 23, 2005, 8:05 am CDT

This is a Test

c

July 23, 2005, 8:14 am CDT

Saturday Morning

I continue to try and educate myself with this new format of a board. So far it lacks the intimacy of before. Each message in its own little box. I have hopes I will grow to love it but right now not so sure. I miss the extra directions given (hints and tips) written in a style we could all understand. I inserted our wowstars and will see if that remains. it appears all images will be small so that will curb my enthusiasim for inserting photos. There are many questions and frustrations but then I must remember in 03 when everything was confusing on the old board. I look so forward to going to our chat room tonight and tomorrow where I may wrap a familiar blanker(t) of posting around me. See you there at 5 Pacific wows. Those of you that trashed your emails without reading them the past few weeks -- missed a wonderful experience. ... I feel I got to know many of you better and I thankyou for all your support and input during that time. Joyce

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last