Message Boards

Topic : Over 60 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 6553
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:07:26 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 60.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 11:55 am CDT

okay - i'm going to take a break

Profile pictures are disappearing and reappearing. 

I was going to tell Ruth W that I liked your picture and it's gone.  Just told Joyce she had it figured out, then pictures disappeared on page I was on, but were on next page.  Picture on person having trouble logging on has disappeared, but still no identity, so they must be working on site.

I'm going to do something constructive and come back when things calm down.  lol

Connie

July 23, 2005, 12:02 pm CDT

Hi Ya'll...

Well I finally got in and I hope to get a photo in.I see we have a new editor which sometimes works,LOL.Nice to see so many here already.

Its HOT here today but not quite as bad as yesterday.Guess its bad everywhere.Remember to drink lots of water and easy on the outside exercise when its so hot.Hope your all doing well.I weighed in today and uts those 4 pounds off I lost after a couple days so I'm off and running again.It feels good to be back and I'll catch you all again soon .I have to check out all the new stuff here.I don't like change a bit so I'll reserve my excitment.I'm sure we will all like this after a few days...Den Mom Carole.

July 23, 2005, 12:04 pm CDT

Hello Friends

Hello Friends ~ Sherry (sharonx2) here ~ I am testing this to see if I am finally re-registered. Today's words seems to call for "persistence" to learn something new.  I like some of our options listed above.  Hope I can learn to navigate these new boards. When I finish this message and hit post, then I plan to "right click" on my message to you and then drag down to "Create Shortcut" to see if it will place a shortcut to the new message board on my desktop. Then if the new icon appears on my desktop I can drag down to "Rename" and name it WLC message board. It worked before, hope it works again. Sure makes it a lot easier than going through the home page, draging down through the list of all the message boards, etc. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Update - I am doing so much better today with my new walking cast. So glad to be out of that wheelchair. It is like being out of prison. I have increased compassion for the handicapable that have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives. Such challenges it brings. ~ Sherry (sharonx2)

July 23, 2005, 12:37 pm CDT

Over 60 WLC Community

I am testing again to see if I can paste this message from my mac onto the board. I am also going to try another insert photo. You know once I get those images going, things will look alot more like home around here !! LOL c

July 23, 2005, 12:44 pm CDT

large print

I have gone bavk to my profile and edited it for large print- that looks so much better-- even gets rid of some of the bllue that I am not fond of. Joyce

July 23, 2005, 12:45 pm CDT

back to small again!!

Well that didn't last long! I am now back to small print aain (again)

July 23, 2005, 12:50 pm CDT

one more time

Just checking one more time as I reentered the large print. Much cooler in the desert today only 105. Livable weateher (I sure wish I could correct my mistakes but that too shall come) I got my swim in -- some water retention today and that frustrates me - hope to take it off by Sunday. Good to see everyone checking in.

July 23, 2005, 12:52 pm CDT

it woorked this time!!

The big print is working but the wow is still making typing errors!!LOL

July 23, 2005, 1:41 pm CDT

Edit

The big print is working but the wow is still making typing errors!!LOL
When you are finished typing, go to preview..that is where you find edit.....think they are still working out the bugs....just have to be patient, MaryB

July 23, 2005, 2:18 pm CDT

Hi Ruth from Julie

What a trial. I sure don't like the new format yet. I hope I get used to it!! It may take time. I finally found out what my trouble was, AOL won't send links, at least sometimes they won't, so I missed the link to renew my password. It is nice to have the board back at all, I guess we should be grateful after all it is a gift.

We finally got some rain last night, not much but enough to measure. .2 of an inch.

My weight this morning is 126 up four pounds, so I am back to really watching it. It is going to be a constant battle for me. I hate that, but apparently it is necessary. One meal off the plan and back again for a week. I had hoped to have a little more lattitude. I have been walking for a halfhour with weights and a half hour without, every other day. So far I am up to 3.3 pound weights. I keep them moving for the whole half hour, but Idon't try to walk fast, I count on the weights to bring my heart rate up. For me it is like walking and chewing gum (almost imposible) or patting my head while rubbing my tummy. LOL I try to vary my exercise routine periodically to keep interested.

Hope you all have a really good compliant day. Ruth

PS spell check doesn't work for me either. R

Keeping a good attitude.....  trying to learn this new board.....  what else do we have to do...haha

I was just wondering if you'll be coming up Dallas way soon?  Be sure to let me know.  I'd love to see you again and let you see my new house!

Of course it is miserably hot here in Dallas just like it is everywhere in the USA.  Isn't it strange how last summer was mild and this one is awful? 

You made me laugh when comparing walking with weights like walking and chewing gum at the same time.  That is how I feel when I do that.  Have to keep my mind on what's going on~!  must be our age!

Have a good evening!  Love from Julie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last