Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 28, 2008, 1:19 pm CDT

Hi

Good to hear from you, Dolores!  A loss of six pounds is great.  Last time I dared to climb on the scale I had lost 1 lb.  I planned to start my out door walking program but the weather is terrible...cold and windy.  Hopefully it will start warming up.  i don't know yet when we will be in Alaska but the way I think it will happen is that we will arrive in the morning in Anchorage and have the rest of that day free and start our land tour the next day.  We're excited about the trip.  Archie is doing fine with his two surgeries...one on his jaw and on his right hand.  Sounds as though Lois and Leo are enjoying some nice weather.  Talked to my valley friend Saturday afternoon and it was 78..no wind or humidity.  Time to take my granddaughter to organ lessons so bye for now.  Joy

May 4, 2008, 1:36 pm CDT

Hi to All

I'm still here---just been very busy---trying to get yard work done on the days when the weather is nice--haven't had very many of them---I am still trying to do my exercises---ride the bike and walk.  The doctor has released me==said everything is just the way it should be----now if I could just lose some weight--I would really feel good.  Dolores;  Good for you losing 6 lb.s and Joy 1#-----you girls are on the right track---Lois; your camp trips sounded good----wish we could go someplace but so many things are coming up---Our youngest granddaughter is graduation from High School---and our #2 grandson is getting married in Sept.    Have doctor app't in between these dates for both Bill and me.   Always something.   Joy I hope you get to Alaska--that has always been my dream trip---don't think it will ever happen.   So I will count on you to enjoy you trip.    Lois;   I am watching the Brewers play the Astros in Houston --we lost the first two games--hope they win this one--I have mixed feeling ---Cecil Cooper the manager of the Astros ===used to play 1st for the Brewers---he was our favorite player at the time---so I am happy for him to be winning.

Hope everyone has a good day.     Jane

May 5, 2008, 10:21 am CDT

Hi

I know what you mean about the weather.  I worked in the yard one day an inally went for a walk this morning.  I was on a quilt retreat over the weekend at church and had to fit a 70th birthday party and musical at my granddaughte's school.  Everything comes at once.  Have to be tough to be retired.  Today I'm washing clothes and cutting out a couple quilts for church.  do hopeeveryone is doing good.  Lunch time!  Joy

May 7, 2008, 12:05 pm CDT

Hi all

It's been awhile since I posted.  Joy, I know you are excited about your trip to Alaska.  Let us know when you are going.  It will be so nice to meet Delores.  I told her if and when she goes to see her sister in Kansas, to let me know and if it was so we could, we would drive up there and see her.  Sure would be nice if we 4 could meet there and visit with her.  Our camping trip was great, now Leo is wanting to go again, but with gas so high, I don't know if we will be able to go much. It is at $3.49 most places, and at 8 miles per gallon in the RV, it eats it up pretty quick. It rained some yesterday and sprinkled a few times this morning, but we are suppose to get lots of rain tonight and tomorrow.  BUT that don't mean we will get any.   Hope everyone is doing good. I did lose 1 lb, but I think I have gained it back,  I wish it was'nt so hard to get back with the program. Leo's PSA got alittle high and his Dr. sent him to "one of those Drs", and his Dr. made him appt. with a kidney Dr, on May 27.  He had a stent on his right  kidney last Oct, Our Dr. said he did'nt think either one was serious, but this way they will know if something needs to be done on either.  You might keep him in your prayers.  Guess I better get off here and get something else done.  So  all of  you take care, till later, Lois

May 16, 2008, 12:26 pm CDT

Where is everyone??

Quote From: texmeme

It's been awhile since I posted.  Joy, I know you are excited about your trip to Alaska.  Let us know when you are going.  It will be so nice to meet Delores.  I told her if and when she goes to see her sister in Kansas, to let me know and if it was so we could, we would drive up there and see her.  Sure would be nice if we 4 could meet there and visit with her.  Our camping trip was great, now Leo is wanting to go again, but with gas so high, I don't know if we will be able to go much. It is at $3.49 most places, and at 8 miles per gallon in the RV, it eats it up pretty quick. It rained some yesterday and sprinkled a few times this morning, but we are suppose to get lots of rain tonight and tomorrow.  BUT that don't mean we will get any.   Hope everyone is doing good. I did lose 1 lb, but I think I have gained it back,  I wish it was'nt so hard to get back with the program. Leo's PSA got alittle high and his Dr. sent him to "one of those Drs", and his Dr. made him appt. with a kidney Dr, on May 27.  He had a stent on his right  kidney last Oct, Our Dr. said he did'nt think either one was serious, but this way they will know if something needs to be done on either.  You might keep him in your prayers.  Guess I better get off here and get something else done.  So  all of  you take care, till later, Lois
It's been over a week since I posted, and no one has since.  Hope everyone is doing ok.  I don't know how your gasoline prices are, but they are climbing every day.  Leo filled his car tank Tuesday at $3.64.9.  We passed by this same station this morning and it has gone up to $3.69.9 .  A whole 5 cents, and that's the cheapest we've found in town, and he's wanting to go camping again, we only get 8 miles to the gal. in the RV.  We had a great Mother's day,it was one of my sister's birthday and her dtr. gave her a party.  Had 14 there,  It was nice.  We got some rain a couple of days, but still could use more. we went grocery shopping this morning, buying things that are on sale.  The prices of groceries are sky high and getting higher.  I buy everything I can that's on sale.  Better close, got things to do. Hope you all have a great week-end.  So, till later, take care, Lois

May 21, 2008, 7:42 pm CDT

Back again!

I don't know how I can get so busy!  I was having computer problems again but my service fixed it up so now have both computers on line with no phone problems....sure is nice.  I'm still getting my house put back together, been busy planting the glads, squash, beans, and potatoes.  Spend time helping the guys change fields, too.  Also busy planning our trip...we leave August 23th for Anchorage.  Not sure what our arrival time will be but we're supposed to stay at Millenium Hotel.  Our tour will pick us up at the airport and deliver us.  My cousin is planning to see us, too.  When I find out the details I'll let you know, Dolores.  I did go shopping for clothes last week.  I know it's three months away but I want to be sure about my packing, etc.  I plan to borrow my friends suitcases.  It'l take me time to decide what I really want to take.  I'm looking at side trips on the cruise portion.  Did you take any extra side trips, Lois?   Keep us in prayer that all will work out.  Do hope everyone is staying healthy including our men!  Gas is $3.69...sure goes in a hurry,

too.  Will try to get back sooner....J 

May 24, 2008, 4:40 pm CDT

Remember those who gave us our freedom!

I'll be going to the service at the cemetery on our farm.  Oldest grave is well over a hundred years old.  Archie's great grandfather who came here in 1856.  He has three wives buried there.  The local VFW conducts a short program at about 10 places each memorial day.  Our granddaughter will be playing taps for all of them.  Today I spent time in my garden getting rid of the weeds....not done but made a good showing.  I know some of you have sent "forwards" to me and maybe some of them were meant to send back but I just  don't have time to open and read all that I get so usually I just delete them....always read messages, tho.  It has finally felt like spring is here...so nice to be outside without a jacket.  Have a great Memorial Day!  Joy 

May 28, 2008, 6:50 pm CDT

Where are you?

Just checking the boards...Joy

May 30, 2008, 5:53 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING LADIES

First I will say I am sorry for not being here for a very long time.  Don't know just how long.  I have been busy trying to get remodeling done, but it isn't done yet.   I am getting a little frustrated to tell you the truth.  I am suppose to have company the 25of of June and the bedroom isn't even started yet.  Then my daughter is coming the first of July, so you can see why I am frustrated. 

Yesterday I was in bed all day with a dizzy head and upset stomach.  Never did really throw up but I sure did feel sick.  I sure do feel better today.  I had a doctor's appointment today anyway for a complete physical.  I hate those things.  He is sending me to get a sonogram of my ovaries and he found a very tender spot.  Everything else seems to be OK, except my sugar level was up a little bit---not diabetic yet, but need to be careful.

As far as staying on track with the healthy eating---can't say I have done very well or with the IE either.  On Monday I plan on getting real serious and try to get started again.  I am going to watch portions and try to mostly eat fruit and veggies until then.  Then on Monday I will start  counting calories again and of course fat grams, and get serious about exercise.  I have been slacking quite a while now.

Now that I have done all my complaining--HOW IS EVERYBODY ELSE DOING?  I need to go back and read post and see I guess.  Don't think there has been to many post though anyway.

I think I remember reading that Joy is coming to Alaska.  Joy be sure and let me know and I will try to meet you some where to have coffee, lunch or something if you have any free time.  Didn't get to meet Lois as I was out of the state.  Sure was disappointed about that, but it couldn't be helped.  I do know that unless somebody dies  (sure hope that doesn't happen)  I will be in Alaska in August as my daughter is going to be here until the last day of August.  ; )

Again I apologize for not being here, but can't help it.  Hope everyone is having a great week.

Hugs,

Dolores

May 31, 2008, 2:25 pm CDT

Hi everyone

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

First I will say I am sorry for not being here for a very long time.  Don't know just how long.  I have been busy trying to get remodeling done, but it isn't done yet.   I am getting a little frustrated to tell you the truth.  I am suppose to have company the 25of of June and the bedroom isn't even started yet.  Then my daughter is coming the first of July, so you can see why I am frustrated. 

Yesterday I was in bed all day with a dizzy head and upset stomach.  Never did really throw up but I sure did feel sick.  I sure do feel better today.  I had a doctor's appointment today anyway for a complete physical.  I hate those things.  He is sending me to get a sonogram of my ovaries and he found a very tender spot.  Everything else seems to be OK, except my sugar level was up a little bit---not diabetic yet, but need to be careful.

As far as staying on track with the healthy eating---can't say I have done very well or with the IE either.  On Monday I plan on getting real serious and try to get started again.  I am going to watch portions and try to mostly eat fruit and veggies until then.  Then on Monday I will start  counting calories again and of course fat grams, and get serious about exercise.  I have been slacking quite a while now.

Now that I have done all my complaining--HOW IS EVERYBODY ELSE DOING?  I need to go back and read post and see I guess.  Don't think there has been to many post though anyway.

I think I remember reading that Joy is coming to Alaska.  Joy be sure and let me know and I will try to meet you some where to have coffee, lunch or something if you have any free time.  Didn't get to meet Lois as I was out of the state.  Sure was disappointed about that, but it couldn't be helped.  I do know that unless somebody dies  (sure hope that doesn't happen)  I will be in Alaska in August as my daughter is going to be here until the last day of August.  ; )

Again I apologize for not being here, but can't help it.  Hope everyone is having a great week.

Hugs,

Dolores

Well, it's one of those days again. We have'nt been out today, done alittle cleaning and washing clothes. I told Leo I do not like to wait till Sat. to do housework.  I mowed  the yard Thurs. and Leo edged and used the weed eater.  I took Leo to the ER  last Sunday am, his left ankle hurt him so bad he could'nt put weight on it, they x-rayed ankle, but it was ok, then the ER Dr. came in and told him he had GOUT.  He has suffered with that all week, then he had to go see a kidney Dr. last Tuesday.  He has to save his pee all day Monday (24 hrs.) then take it back Tues. at 7am for a ultra sound. Kidney Dr. took him off the medication he was taking for the gout, because he said it went against his kidneys.  His ankle has been swelling quite abit, so he keeps it elevated.  Gout runs in his family, his dad had it real bad.  Well, other than that excited news, it's pretty dull around here.  Gas prices keeps getting higher.  The cheapest is $3.80.  My weight is still the same, my mouth keeps wanting things I'm not suppose to eat much of,. I was thinking about Nutra system, they say if you order, they will give you 3 weeks free, but that's one week with each month you order.  I was on that several years ago, and it really took the weight off.  I lost alot in the stomach area, where I need it now.  I hardly have anything to wear anymore.  I'd give most of my clothes away. Well, better close for now.  Hope all have a great week-end,  Jane, Ginnyjane, hope you 2 are doing ok. Till later, Lois

First | Prev | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | Next | Last