Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 24, 2008, 7:46 pm CDT

Hello Ladies

I am truly sorry I have not been here very much lately.  I have been very busy trying to get ready for my sister and BIL coming from the "lower 48".  They are to arrive tomorrow night at 9:40.  We will be going all over Alaska.  They will be here for about two weeks.  Then I will try to be back on the board.

Glenna (my daughter is also coming the first of July and is going to be here for about two months.  That won't make much difference with my getting back to the boards.  I did find out today I am going to have to drive her to Wasilla to get dialyis, which is 45 miles.  So it will take from 6 and a half hours to7 to get that done three days a week.  I am pretty stressed about that.  The dialysis center here in Anchorage is full and could not take her.  (Please say a prayer for us)  I think I need it.

Joy email me when you are going to be in Alaska.  I will email you back with my phone number and you can call me when you get here.  IF it happens to be on Monday, wednesday or Friday---just keep calling until you get a answer, as that is the days I will be going to Wasilla and don't know what time her appointment will be just yet.  Maybe before you leave to come up here I will know all that and I can email you and let you know what time I will be home.  I sure don't want to miss out on meeting you like I did Lois.  I am still stressed over that.

I hope everyone is doing great.  I am not doing to well with my healthy eating at all.  Not getting very much exercise in either.  Hopefully when they get that weight loss challenge going, that will motivate me to get back into the swing of things to.  I hope so anyway.

well I have a lot of things left to get done before tomorrow night, so guess I better get with the program.

Take care,

Dolores

July 2, 2008, 11:57 am CDT

Hi Girls

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

I am truly sorry I have not been here very much lately.  I have been very busy trying to get ready for my sister and BIL coming from the "lower 48".  They are to arrive tomorrow night at 9:40.  We will be going all over Alaska.  They will be here for about two weeks.  Then I will try to be back on the board.

Glenna (my daughter is also coming the first of July and is going to be here for about two months.  That won't make much difference with my getting back to the boards.  I did find out today I am going to have to drive her to Wasilla to get dialyis, which is 45 miles.  So it will take from 6 and a half hours to7 to get that done three days a week.  I am pretty stressed about that.  The dialysis center here in Anchorage is full and could not take her.  (Please say a prayer for us)  I think I need it.

Joy email me when you are going to be in Alaska.  I will email you back with my phone number and you can call me when you get here.  IF it happens to be on Monday, wednesday or Friday---just keep calling until you get a answer, as that is the days I will be going to Wasilla and don't know what time her appointment will be just yet.  Maybe before you leave to come up here I will know all that and I can email you and let you know what time I will be home.  I sure don't want to miss out on meeting you like I did Lois.  I am still stressed over that.

I hope everyone is doing great.  I am not doing to well with my healthy eating at all.  Not getting very much exercise in either.  Hopefully when they get that weight loss challenge going, that will motivate me to get back into the swing of things to.  I hope so anyway.

well I have a lot of things left to get done before tomorrow night, so guess I better get with the program.

Take care,

Dolores

Well, we've had a few problems starting Sat. on the way home from the grocery store, had a flat, our first, our grandson came and helped us get it to try to have it fixed, only to find out that it had damaged the inside and so we had to buy a new one yesterday morning, got it inspected and thought everything was ok,spent about $150.00 for all that, then we had to go to Sam's to order a birthday cake for my niece, got back in the car and it would'nt start..  Ended up that the people we had took it to yesterday morning had to come get us, then had to call a wrecker to pick up our car.  The company that is fixing the car took us home.  They called us last night and said he hated to tell us, but that our car needed a new fuel pump, that cost $800.00 plus installing it.  This one has a life time guarentee on it, cheaper ones did not. So here we sat, no car till possibly late tomorrow afternoon.  We have so much we need to do, but they did'nt have a car to let us borrow.  Then this morning, Leo' Dr. of dermatology called and said his biopsie on his nose showed that his cancer had reappeared and he has appt to go see a surgeon, Needless to say I am really in the dumps, I know Leo is upset about this also.  Our son in Coppell called and wanted us to come down for the holiday and stay the week end, but I think we are both too upset over all that's going on. Now, Jane I hope things are better with you and Bill.  Joy, I know you are getting excited over your trip.  When you see Dolores, give her an extra hug for me.  I know she has company right now.  Well, better go, gotta think of something to prepare for supper in alittle while.  We've just been snacking all day.  Hope all of you have a great 4th of July.    Lois

July 2, 2008, 9:00 pm CDT

Hi

Just thought I would check again to see if anyone has been on line.  We played cards this evening with our Wednesday friends.  Lois, you have had a rough time.  As the old saying goes...it never rains but it pours.  That's the way we felt when we arrived home from Texas after just putting out $400 to have our car fixed, came home to a frozen sewer for $400, time to have 50,000 mile checkup on the car, two grandchildren graduating, Archie's skin cancer surgery, grandson's accident, DIL back surgery, and now preparing for cataract surgery when I return from Alaska...the list just seems to grow.  We did enjoy a great wedding last Saturday so that brightened things up a bit.  Every day I just am thankful I can navigate.  I visited two friends in nursing homes on Tuesday and brought them communion.  Makes me feel guilty that I haven't been going as often as I should but that gas price wants me to fit visits in when I'm going that direction.  I certainly hope Leo gets in real soon.  Archie goes back to his doctor on Monday.  The bed is calling my name and I am tired.  Went shopping this morning to pick up things for our pig roast on Friday.  We had about 170 last year.  Enjoy the fourth and remember those who are fighting for our freedom with a prayer.  J

July 8, 2008, 5:40 am CDT

Over 70 WLC Community

Good Morning;   THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS---THEY WORKED---Bill is home and recovering--he came home last Thursday July 3rd.   He had a catheter in until yesterday when the doctor removed it and everything is flowing normal.   He also saw our family doctor yesterday and he adjusted some meds.--his blood pressure was too low--and also his cumidine was low---hope the adjustments work--we go back to see him in 2 weeks and also go to see the surgeon in 2 weeks.   They say recovery will take at least 6 weeks.   

Sorry to read about all the things that went wrong with you Lois and also Joy----hope you both have better news by now.   My prayers are with all of you.    \

We had a storm come here last night but most of it went around us--we had some high winds=thunder etc and a little rain.   We still need rain--it is very dry here.   The mosquitoes are so bad ===even tho we don't have any standing water---we can't walk outside even with spray on---it only works for a short time.

My garden looks good but needs work-----maybe this week I can get out there----HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.   Jane

July 9, 2008, 4:40 pm CDT

Hi

Jane...glad to hear things are going better for you and Bill. 

July 11, 2008, 5:47 pm CDT

Hello everyone

Quote From: ulnamn

Jane...glad to hear things are going better for you and Bill. 
Jane, so glad to hear Bill is doing better, and you can get out in your garden and flower beds. Hope every one is keeping cool, It's been in the 90's for several days.  We did get a little rain a few days ago. Very apprecated, but need more.  I have'nt felt good all week, finally got worked in to see a Dr. yesterday, he had me come back this am for blood work.  We would love to go camping, but with gas nearly $4.00 gal. it would take a fortune to fill up the tank.     The Texas Rangers baseball game is on and I like to watch them, so guess I will close up here.  Hope all of you have a good weekend, I know Dolores is enjoying her family visiting with her.  So, till later, take care, Lois 

July 15, 2008, 4:12 pm CDT

Hey Ladies

Hey everybody,  Guess you all think I have died but actually I am still kicking.  LOL  My sister and husband came and stayed two weeks.  We had a blast.  Went to Fairbanks, North Pole and on to Valdez.  Acutally made the loop on back to Anchorage.  Saw some beautiful country.  OF course a lot of it I had already seen, but I had not been to Fairbanks or North Pole, so I saw some of Alaska I had not seen yet.

My daughter is still here.  Guess she is doing ok under the circumstances.  She seems to be very tired sometimes.  Sleep quite a bit.  OF course sometimes when I wake up at four in the morning to go to bath room she is already up.  She goes to dialysis three times a week for four hours.

Hope everyone is doing good.  I think I am gaining weight.  So I am going to have to get serious when Glenna leaves and loose what I have managed to gain back.

Joy--when is it you are coming to Alaska?  I have forgotten.  I sure would like to meet you some where and have coffee or lunch or something.  Let me know.

Well guess I better get off here and get busy doing something.  Hope youall are having a good day!

Hugs,

Dolores

July 16, 2008, 11:54 am CDT

Hi

Glad to see you are still alive, Dolores!  I want you alive when I come to Alaska as I would like to meet you. We fly to Anchorage August 23.  It sounds as though you went on part of the trip we will see.  We take the boat across Prince William sound to Valdez,  then to Delta Junction, to Fairbanks for 2 days, train to Denali for 2 days, back to Anchorage on to Seward to our ship...lots of stops on the way.  Just keep praying our health will remain good so we can go.  All these gas prices shouldn't make a difference as we made our reservations months ago.  Archie goes to the VA Aug 12 for his annual checkup.  I see my eye surgeon Aug 5.  Yes, Lois, gas prices do make a difference in travel and camping.  Our friends from our valley park are getting together August 7 and it will cost $20 - 25 just for gas to join them.  I'm sure glad we don't drive our motorhome to Texas anymore.  The SUV wil be costly enough.  I've been doing more walking each day to prepare for our trip.Do hope all is going well with your men folk.  J 

July 16, 2008, 2:14 pm CDT

Joy

Quote From: ulnamn

Glad to see you are still alive, Dolores!  I want you alive when I come to Alaska as I would like to meet you. We fly to Anchorage August 23.  It sounds as though you went on part of the trip we will see.  We take the boat across Prince William sound to Valdez,  then to Delta Junction, to Fairbanks for 2 days, train to Denali for 2 days, back to Anchorage on to Seward to our ship...lots of stops on the way.  Just keep praying our health will remain good so we can go.  All these gas prices shouldn't make a difference as we made our reservations months ago.  Archie goes to the VA Aug 12 for his annual checkup.  I see my eye surgeon Aug 5.  Yes, Lois, gas prices do make a difference in travel and camping.  Our friends from our valley park are getting together August 7 and it will cost $20 - 25 just for gas to join them.  I'm sure glad we don't drive our motorhome to Texas anymore.  The SUV wil be costly enough.  I've been doing more walking each day to prepare for our trip.Do hope all is going well with your men folk.  J 

Joy, I will email you my phone number and you can call me when you get into Anchorage.  ; )

You are going to enjoy your trip I think.  My sister and BIL  really enjoyed our little trip and so did I.  LOL  Even though I had seen a lot of it already.

I am going to have lots of weight to lose after my daughter leaves.   She is wanting to make all of her favorite restaurants while she is here.  She sure does get tired easy though.

Hope to see you in August.

All you other gals keep trucking with you healthy eating and I will be right back with you as soon as Glenna leaves.  I am trying to behave myself as long as I am eating at home, but it sure isn't easy cooking for my daughter..  OH well she probably won't be able to come back for a long time, so I am going to cook what ever she wants..

Take care,

Hugs,

Dolores

July 20, 2008, 1:03 pm CDT

Hi to All

First the good news--Bill is doing good.   Our oldest daughter--the one that had some of her colon removed a year and half ago is back in the hospital.    Ten days ago she had 3 feet of her small intestines removed.    They kept  her asleep for 1 week---so she wouldn't move and the small intestines could start to heal.   She had an infection behind the intestines that had to be removed--she was in surgery for 9 hours.

We have been down by her for the past week-----Bill has a doctor appointment on Monday so we had to come home----they did wake her up on Friday night----and were able to remove the breathing tube she had down her throat.    By Saturday morning she was able to talk in a whisper but it was so good to have her awake and talking even a little.   She is still in ICU and will be for several more days---doctor said she will be in hospital for a long time.  

Dolores;  Glad to hear your daughter is home with you---enjoy it.    Lois;  I haven't had time to read all the messages--hopes things are good at your house.    Joy'  Enjoy your trip coming up----hope Archie's checkup comes out good.

It is hot and humid here and has been for some time now---mosquitoes are still very bad.    I just came in from cutting the grass.  Bill can't ride the tractor yet----he will have healing from his surgery for at least another month.    But is feeling good.     Will try to write again ==we will be going back to our daughters again as soon as we get things done here.    Hope everyone has a good day.     Jane

First | Prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | Next | Last