Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 21, 2008, 6:57 am CDT

Good Morning

Jane, nice to hear from you....so glad Bill is doing well. Sorry to hear your daughter has more problems but sounds as though the healing has started.  It all keeps you busy!  Archie 's appointment has been changed but we don't have the new date as yet.  I'm just trying to get things organized around here.  I hadn't gone through esate things for a while so am getting the stuff updated and cleaned up for our sons so they won't have a big mess when we leave this world.  I don't think I'll ever get all my pictures and scrap booking done!  My DIL is in Mexico this week so I'm helping take care of our 9 yr old twin granddaughters.  They are busy getting ready for the county fair with their 4-H projects.  We had 1 1/2 inches of rain Saturday...looks like more today.  Picked a lot of beans and they certainly taste good.  Do hope all is well with everyone.  J

July 21, 2008, 4:56 pm CDT

Hi ladies

Quote From: ulnamn

Jane, nice to hear from you....so glad Bill is doing well. Sorry to hear your daughter has more problems but sounds as though the healing has started.  It all keeps you busy!  Archie 's appointment has been changed but we don't have the new date as yet.  I'm just trying to get things organized around here.  I hadn't gone through esate things for a while so am getting the stuff updated and cleaned up for our sons so they won't have a big mess when we leave this world.  I don't think I'll ever get all my pictures and scrap booking done!  My DIL is in Mexico this week so I'm helping take care of our 9 yr old twin granddaughters.  They are busy getting ready for the county fair with their 4-H projects.  We had 1 1/2 inches of rain Saturday...looks like more today.  Picked a lot of beans and they certainly taste good.  Do hope all is well with everyone.  J
Jane, so glad Bill is doing better, so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I remember when she was in the hospital last time, hope she gets to improving soon,.  I know you are really worried about her, but prayer is one thing to keep doing.  Leo and I will keep she and Bill in our prayers.  I have not been feeling good for a couple of weeks, finally got worked in at the Drs. He had me get blood work, then he called me and told me my thyroid medication needed to be increased and to half one of my other pills and take a half on Tues and Thurs. Then after a monthi doing this, he wants me to have blood work again to see if that has helped.   Joy, I know you are getting excited about your trip and meeting Dolores.  It does'nt seem possible that we were on our trip a year ago right now.  Wish we could go again,  It has really been hot here, I think it is 99 today, It feels hotter than that. Dolores enjoy your daughters visit. I know you are going to hate to see her go back home.  Well, it's nearly 7 o:clock, I need to finish cleaning up the kitchen.  We went to a funeral this afternoon, one of our members at church brother in law passed away.  Leo has to have surgery on his nose and a graff from his forhead on the 8th of Sept.  He will need your  prayers also.  I must go, so take care and pray for our service men and women, Later, Lois

July 24, 2008, 8:13 pm CDT

Good enening

I posted a letter last night but don't know what happened to it.  Sorry to hear Leo has to have surgery plus a skin graft.  so thankful that Bill is getting along better now.  Seems we all have these little episodes that keep popping up.  We received our Alaska stuff today but haven't had time to look at it.  I picked my DIL green beans this morning...she's still in Mexico on her mission trip.  Can't see them go to waste so Archie helped clean them and we froze them.  My son is just too busy right now with harvesting the rye, etc.  I've had him and the twins for dinner each night to help out.  Bed time for me.  Do hope all is well with everyone.   J

August 11, 2008, 11:38 am CDT

Hello everyone

Well, it looks like none of us are doing much or else it is too hot to worry with anything.  Joy, I forgot when you are leaving for Alaska.  Jane, I hope things are better with your family.  We are running to the Rehab 3 or 4 times a week seeing Leo' sister.She's not doing too good, she is on puree food.  she has trouble swallowing anything.  Dr. from Dallas came up last week to check her throat and said she has to stay on the puree all the time and if she still has trouble with that, they will have to put her in hospital for a feeding tube.  Leo and I are just trying to stay cool.  Have'nt lost any weight.  It is very cloudy today, sure hope it rains as we need it bad .  Dolores, hope you are doing ok.  Well, it's about time to go to the rehab, so will close , take care everyone.  Lois

August 17, 2008, 6:39 pm CDT

Hi to All

Things are starting to settle down here.  Bill had his second cataract surgery and is doing GREAT.  His surgery from the bleeding ulcer is healing ==he still has to take it easy but is feeling a lot better.   His sister and brother in law are coming here from CO. on Friday and staying here for a couple of days.  With my 2 knee surgeries and Bill's  I haven't done any major cleaning--just the basic ---so now I have to get busy.   Our daughter is home and also starting to heal-=we have spent a lot of time with her--she lives about 145 miles from us.   We just got back from spending several days with her.  The doctor does not want her to be alone yet---she is weak.   She had a feeding tube in until last Wednesday--then that was removed and also a drain tube from the intestents surgery.   She is starting to eat more--is on a soft diet.

We will go back again after our company leaves.    Hope Joy is enjoying her trip.   Lois;  sounds like you are kept on the go---you have to take care of yourself also--I know that is easy said then done.  Everyone tells me the same thing--but we have to do what we can for family.    Have a good week everyone.  You are all in my prayers and thoughts.      Jane

August 18, 2008, 2:46 pm CDT

WELL, IT'S OUR BIG 60

Quote From: mufpen

Things are starting to settle down here.  Bill had his second cataract surgery and is doing GREAT.  His surgery from the bleeding ulcer is healing ==he still has to take it easy but is feeling a lot better.   His sister and brother in law are coming here from CO. on Friday and staying here for a couple of days.  With my 2 knee surgeries and Bill's  I haven't done any major cleaning--just the basic ---so now I have to get busy.   Our daughter is home and also starting to heal-=we have spent a lot of time with her--she lives about 145 miles from us.   We just got back from spending several days with her.  The doctor does not want her to be alone yet---she is weak.   She had a feeding tube in until last Wednesday--then that was removed and also a drain tube from the intestents surgery.   She is starting to eat more--is on a soft diet.

We will go back again after our company leaves.    Hope Joy is enjoying her trip.   Lois;  sounds like you are kept on the go---you have to take care of yourself also--I know that is easy said then done.  Everyone tells me the same thing--but we have to do what we can for family.    Have a good week everyone.  You are all in my prayers and thoughts.      Jane

Jane, I am so glad your family is beginning to heal, I know you've had your share of family sickness.  I do hope you are taking care of you.  Your company should understand that your family comes first, so I would not worry about my house. Just thought I'd let all of you know that Thursdday, August 21, will be our 60th wedding anniversary.  We are leaving early in the morning going to Eureka Springs, Ark, Will be back Friday afternoon.  It does'nt seem possible that we have been married that long.  My, where does the years go?  We had alittle rain this morning, It's been real cloudy all day.  We ran out to check on Leo' sister and then stopped by to get groceries for my sister.  Joy, I know you can hardly wait to go on your trip  It will not be long now before you leave.  Enjoy every minute of it.   Better go as I still have some packing to finish up.So untill next time, take care, Lois

August 21, 2008, 4:16 pm CDT

Hi and good-bye

So nice to see a couple notes on the board but can certainly understand    the reason for not posting....caring for family takes a lot of time.   We leave Saturday morning and arrive in Anchorage around noon time.  I hope to meet Dolores sometime on Saturday.  Congratulations to you and Leo on your 60 years, Lois.  I know you'll have fun in the Ozarks.   Joy

August 21, 2008, 4:22 pm CDT

JOY

Quote From: ulnamn

So nice to see a couple notes on the board but can certainly understand    the reason for not posting....caring for family takes a lot of time.   We leave Saturday morning and arrive in Anchorage around noon time.  I hope to meet Dolores sometime on Saturday.  Congratulations to you and Leo on your 60 years, Lois.  I know you'll have fun in the Ozarks.   Joy

I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday to, Joy.

Pray it doesn't rain all the time you are here. 

See you Saturday!!

Hugs,

Dolores

August 23, 2008, 5:41 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING!!!

LOIS  GUESS WHAT???  LOL  I GOT THAT HUG FROM YOU JOY BROUGHT ME.

What fun it was meeting her.  She had Glenna (my daughter) take picture of us together.

We met at the hotel and had coffee, coke ect and spent  about an hour together I think it was.

She was meeting her cousin for dinner at three, so it worked out pretty well.

How is everybody doing?  I have been really busy this summer and haven't been on the board much.  Hoping that will slow down soon.  Glenna is suppose to return home next Sunday night.  I sure do hate to see her go, but things will slow down a bit when she does.  I have been offered a job, so don't know how that is going to work out with me coming to the boards.

I think Dr. Phil is starting another weight loss challenge soon, so hope that gets the boards going again.  I sure do need that to.  I have gained this summer something awful.  I am going to try and get back on track after the first of the month.  I am having a colonoscopy on the third, so I am going to try and start on the fourth and get back to exercising some way or another.  Thought that might be a good time to start when my system is cleaned out.  I have to do something or I am going to have to buy some cloths that are BIGGER and that is not funny.  LOL

Jane how are you doing these days.  I need to go back and read the post, but just don't have the time right now.  I need to fix dinner soon.

Ginnyjane.  haven't seen you in a while.  Are you OK and are you staying out of the peanut butter jar?  LOL  I am afraid I have not been doing that or Almond butter jar right now.

Well I am off to start dinner and I will try to get back a little sooner.

If anybody has a chance to meet one of the ladies on the board GO FOR IT--IT IS SO MUCH FUN.

Hugs,

Dolores

September 8, 2008, 11:36 am CDT

Hello Ladies

Dolores, it was so good to hear from you, I'm glad you got to meet Joy, and that she remembered to give you the hug I asked her.to.  I know you enjoyed meeting she and Archie.  I see everyone is lazy or has too many things going to post., anyway, Leo had his surgery this morning,left side of his nose where the cancer had returned,  had to be there by 6 A.M>, they got to him by 7, by the time we got home, we had been gone 4 hrs. It is just 10 miles there.    We had been home about 30 minutes when his nose and forward head started bleeding and we couldn't stop it. I called Drs. office and they had me bring him back over there. Dr. had to put some more stitches at bottom of his nose.and seared over 3 places. It was bleeding so bad before we left home that Leo took a roll of paper towels with him, even then, he got blood on his shirt and shorts and seat belt, he is sleeping now.  He has about 2 inches of gauze  from middle of his forward-head to the end of his nose.  He said he is not getting out of the house except to go to the drs office and until he can take this off.  We have had some beautiful weather from these hurricanes, few sprinkles of rain, but cooler .weather. I do hope everyone is doing ok.  Jane, I hope things are better with your family.  I think I am going to take a little nap while Leo is sleeping.  So, everyone take care, until later, Lois

First | Prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | Next | Last