Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 10, 2008, 9:47 am CDT

Lois

Quote From: texmeme

Boy, it's been awhile since some of us posted.  I just got home from getting my hair timed, now Leo has left to get his timed.  The weather has been great for several days, we sure are enjoying it.  Glad  to hear from Dolores.  This is the 12th day that Leo and I have been walking on the treadmill.  As soon as I get up I put on my shoes and start walking, we walked for 10  min at first, but while one of us was walking the other one worked out with the big ball, or rode the bicycle.  This Monday we started walking for 15 min.  Each week we hope to add more minutes till we can walk 30 min. When Leo gets back, we have got to go get a few groceries. I cleaned house pretty good yesterday while Leo mowed all the yard and edged.  I hope all of you are doing ok.  Leo got the last of his stitches out last Monday, His nose looks good, but  it will take a few months for his scar to clear up better.  Leo's sister that was in the nursing home went home this past Tuesday, her son thinks he can take care of her, but he can't, she can't tell when she needs to go to the bathroom.  We think he got scared because she had used up her Medicare and was having to go on Medicaid.  Her house is in her name, so they can come in and take it for payment since she does'nt have the money to pay out of pocket.  It's really sad to go to a nursing home and see all the people there.  I just hope Leo and I die before it comes to that.  We have really been so blessed that our health is as good as it is.Well, better go, Leo is back, so till next time,. take care, Lois

I don't have much time, but just wanted to tell you to keep

up the good work exercising and eating healthy and you and

Leo will live to be a ripe old age.  ; )  I have got back into my exercise

and healthy eating and hope to accomplish that for myself to.

I have to go,  Going to a exercise class.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Has anybody tried to get to the new

format?  I hope this don't mess us up.

Take care,

Dolores

October 12, 2008, 5:18 pm CDT

Hi to All

I guess we have all been busy--I know I have been.  My daughter got another pus pocket that showed up on her CT scan a few weeks ago----she has a wound vac hooked up to help drain it.    We saw her this weekend and she looks good but would like to feel better.   Bill and I are doing ok---I am not doing good with my weight-----I have gained back everything I lost over the last few years.   I am really upset with myself but when someone is sick in the family----I eat----between Bill and our daughter---I have been eating alot.

Bill still can not do any lifting and bending is not good either---so when our youngest son comes up to cut wood---I have to help him---I am really tired===not getting much done in the house.    I sit down for a few minutes and fall asleep.   I haven't been on the computer much.    Lois;  keep up the walking and good eating----hope some of it will rub off on me.    As busy as I have been---I still gained.   Hope you all have a good week ahead.    Jane

October 13, 2008, 8:50 am CDT

Hello Ladies

Good to hear from Jane and Delores, I like your picture on the postings Delores.  Jane, I hate that you worked so hard to get your weight off and then have put it back on.  I do know when I'm upset or bothered about something, I find myself hunting for something to eat, and you've had alot of things happening in your family lately. I hope things get better for you soon and you can get back on track.  This is our 3rd week to do our exercise.  We started doing 20 minutes on the treadmill, then I rode bicycle 10 min.  I have to stay with it, because I knew I was satting too much and no exercise. We are leaving early in the morning to go to Branson, will be home Friday afternoon.  I don't know what happened to change the printing.  We are going with our friends that we camp with and go to church together.  Joy, we could'nt think of the motel you said you all stayed in,  I make reservations at J R's, on the main road thru town.  When all of Leo's family was living, that's where we always stayed.  I've still got some things yet to do, so better get busy. Dolores I am glad you are doing your exercise again.  Take care, till later, Lois

October 19, 2008, 11:00 am CDT

Hi to All

Doesn't look like anyone is posting here.    I did try Sparks--they have some very good ideas but didn't get into the messages.   Weather is getting colder here---winter sure is on the way.   We did the yard cleaned up and have things put away.   Getting ready for snow--just hope it holds off   for awhile yet.

I am trying again to get on track with my food choices---got my Dr. Phil book and tapes out---started to read the book.   Have to start all over from the start.    Between this book and hints from Sparks maybe I can do it again.    Hope your days are going good.    I AM GOING BACK TO   ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Jane

October 19, 2008, 2:02 pm CDT

Jane

Quote From: mufpen

Doesn't look like anyone is posting here.    I did try Sparks--they have some very good ideas but didn't get into the messages.   Weather is getting colder here---winter sure is on the way.   We did the yard cleaned up and have things put away.   Getting ready for snow--just hope it holds off   for awhile yet.

I am trying again to get on track with my food choices---got my Dr. Phil book and tapes out---started to read the book.   Have to start all over from the start.    Between this book and hints from Sparks maybe I can do it again.    Hope your days are going good.    I AM GOING BACK TO   ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Jane

Good for you Jane.  I am trying to get back on track to and ONE DAY AT A TIME.

It can be difficult, but it can be done if we just keep plugging along.  IF you want

to keep posting on Dr. Phil, scroll down to the red printing and click on  I think it

says join, and it will take you there to join.  It isn't the easiest to get to but think you

can if you want to keep posting.  the 70 board is there, no one has posted yet.  IF you are

interesting tell me the next time you come here and I will go in and make a comment, so

when you go there will be something there.  LOL

I tried to find JOY on Sparks to but never did fine a 70's board.  I am sure there is one, I just

don't know how to find it.

We have already had a little snow.  Most of it did melt, but I am sure it will be here again in

a few days.  I sure do dread this winter.

Well I will go to the Beta thing and post on our board and will keep a eye out for you.

Take care,

Dolores

October 19, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

Jane

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Good for you Jane.  I am trying to get back on track to and ONE DAY AT A TIME.

It can be difficult, but it can be done if we just keep plugging along.  IF you want

to keep posting on Dr. Phil, scroll down to the red printing and click on  I think it

says join, and it will take you there to join.  It isn't the easiest to get to but think you

can if you want to keep posting.  the 70 board is there, no one has posted yet.  IF you are

interesting tell me the next time you come here and I will go in and make a comment, so

when you go there will be something there.  LOL

I tried to find JOY on Sparks to but never did fine a 70's board.  I am sure there is one, I just

don't know how to find it.

We have already had a little snow.  Most of it did melt, but I am sure it will be here again in

a few days.  I sure do dread this winter.

Well I will go to the Beta thing and post on our board and will keep a eye out for you.

Take care,

Dolores

It says click here to create  your profile.  You click there and make your

profile and then you can get into the message board.  There is a place

on the left hand side of the screen in white.  You click on that.  I for got

exactly what it says, but something like Dr. Phil community I think.

Good luck on finding it.

Dolores

First | Prev | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | Next Page | Last Page