Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 30, 2005, 12:22 pm CDT

Good Morning

Quote From: ulnamn

After breakfast I went to a garage sale at our church cleaning out things that were no longer used.  I found an old communion service set that I will take to Texas as we don't have one for our service.  Always put the individual glasses on a tray and one or two always tip over.  Then I went to the gym on the way home.  I met the other owner who had given me the slip for two free weeks.  She looked over my program and thought I would like to use a ball for abs.  I was a little hesitant as I could picture myself falling off a rolling ball but she showed my how to use it and before I left I did go back and use it and it was fun.  She also sent a ball home with me plus a DVD showing the many ways to use these balls.  She thought I would gain more confidence in the privacy of my home.  Really nice gal!!  I thought I'd have to go to my son's house to use their DVD and all of a sudden a light bulb came on...I can use my laptop.  I'm more impressed with each visit.  So good to hear you are all doing something for exercise...really does make one feel better.  Jane, that sweet corn sounds wonderful!!  There are a few places selling around here but I'm waitng for ours as there is nothing better than to put a kettle of water on and go pick fresh sweet corn to throw in the pot.  My tomaotes are looking good but I didn't get them in very early.  Have a great day. Joy 

Joy it is great going to the gym isn't it.  I am looking fwd to going back on Monday.  I have wanted to try the ball, but I am a little nervous doing it at the gym.  LOL  I might embarrass my self.  I think my son has one.  I might see if he will let me borrow it and try it out.  Of course if he doesn't have the book or some kind of instructions I would be lost.

Has any one heard from Lois?  I miss her on the board.  Hope everyone else is having a good day.

I am slowly reading the book.  I think it does help.  I am getting to a place I think I have to do the evaluations tho and I am not to good at that.

Well guess I better get off here and fix lunch.  My daughter and granddaughter is on a diet now, so I am trying to have something they will eat.  I keep telling them it is a life style change.  I don't know if they are paying attention or not.  LOL

Well I will talk to you all soon.  Dolores  PS Where is everyone this morning?

August 1, 2005, 1:05 pm CDT

Good afternoon to all

Can't believe it's almost 3PM.  Archie and I played dominoes when I came home from the gym and then played another one after our late lunch.  He went out to dig potatoes and I said I needed some computer time.  I went to Senior aerobics and it was a fun class....worked with dumbbells, small balls, and stretch bands, as we marched in place, plus did a lot of exercise moves.  It lasted an hour and I was sweating some which is unusual for me.  I could do most everything and keep up except I have to practice standing on one leg.  Also had trouble  walking side ways standing on stretch band....stretching the band with your feet as you move sideways.  I signed up again for Wednesday.  I had walked for 10 min on the treadmill before class so I didn't do anymore.  Don't want to overdo.  Tomorrow I'll do my strength exercise.  Do hope you all had a nice weekend.  I'm going to send an E-mail to Lois so will let you know if she's having problems  finding us.  Joy

August 1, 2005, 5:05 pm CDT

GOOD MORNING

I though Good Morning would be about right since it is a quarter to one in the AM. Don't sleep well. AJ, are you back yet and how did the surgery go?? Talk to us.  I am still reading the book. Re-reading is really a good idea since I have learned  some new things that I didn't notice before. Trying to make good choices and have lost 1 pound in the past week.HOWEVER, a "friend" came by to visit and brought me a pound of chocolates!!! This is going to be hard!!  You all have mentioned rubber bands for exercise.  I am trying to find some at our local sport store.  I do now have a stationary bike----just have to use it. May have food problem  later---I go to a wedding on Wednesday and over here they really put on the food.  Low fat doesn't compute at this time. I'll let you now how I make out!.  Has anyone heard from Lois yet??  I hope she makes it back. You all take care.  God Bless Ginnyjane

August 1, 2005, 5:57 pm CDT

good evening

Ladies,  Well so much for getting back to the gym.  I woke up this morning and heard water running.  We had a broken water line, so I had to get home from work and wait for a plummer.  It is all fixed so hopefully I can get to the gym in the morning.

Joy sounds like you had a really nice work out.  I am looking fwd to getting back.  I sure feel better when I exercise.

Reading the book is going pretty slow for me.  It seem I just haven't had the time to get much reading done.

Jinnyjane, be careful at that wedding!  It is hard at times like that isn't it?  I have a birthday coming up this week so that will probalby set me back.  My daughter,  and she loves missippi mud cake.  It just doesn't work for me to have that around, and stay legal.  LOL

Hope Lois gets back on board soon.  Anybody heard from AJ?  Hope she is doing Ok after her surgery.

Guess I better get back to the kitchen and everyone have a great evening.  Dolores

August 2, 2005, 8:33 am CDT

Good Morning

HI TO ALL;  Didn't get on the board yesterday----we hauled in wood in the morning while it was some-what cool---then after lunch we go company and that took care of the rest of the day.   Haven't started to read the book yet---sure do want too---I need all the help I can get to get this weight off AGAIN.    Just got home from getting my hair cut--sure feels good---now it is too hot outside already to do anything outside.   I don't handle this heat very well--like the temp to be no higher than 80.   It is already 91 and going up.    We are again going thru a dry spell.   Will have to get out water garden tonight.   I want to get back to sewing---not too early to start on some Christmas projects.   Don't know yet what I want to make----anybody got some ideas for me???????

Joy;  you are really into exercise---GOOD for you---wish I could be going with you.  I need to get on a regular routine.    AJ;  hope your surgery turned out good and we will hear from you again and get to know you better.    Ginnyjane; always good to hear from you.   Dolores;  broken water pipes--not good--hope that turned out to be a minor problem.   My best friend just got home from a trip to Alaska--she loved it---I can't wait to see her pictures--that is as close as I will ever get to Alaska--even thro that is my dream trip.   Better get going--and get something done today---have to do some shopping this afternoon---want to check out my book and make sure I get the right things.

Have a good day everyone and let try and have---ONE DAY AT A TIME----Jane

August 2, 2005, 5:17 pm CDT

Another Day

Spent time at the gym this morning.  Have met a couple gals whose name I can remember so had fun visiting and comparing notes.  I did my strength training today, plus abs, treadmill (1 mile) and bike(1 mile).  Had an eye doctor appointment this afternoon....not enough change to buy new glasses.  My choice.  I haven't changed glasses since May 2001 but my vision is still pretty much 20/20.  He just told me to have an examine every year now in case I develop any eye disease.  Dolores...sorry about your water problem....especially when you wanted to go to the gym.  What exercises do you do?  You'll have to get there to take care of that Mississippi Mud! LOL   Jane...I can appreciate your heat and dry problems as they hit us on their way to you.  I didn't golf this morning because it would have reached the 90 plus before we could get through.  Enjoy your wedding, Ginnyjane.  Time for our evening game of dominoes.  We've played two games already today. Joy

August 2, 2005, 7:45 pm CDT

JOY

Spent time at the gym this morning.  Have met a couple gals whose name I can remember so had fun visiting and comparing notes.  I did my strength training today, plus abs, treadmill (1 mile) and bike(1 mile).  Had an eye doctor appointment this afternoon....not enough change to buy new glasses.  My choice.  I haven't changed glasses since May 2001 but my vision is still pretty much 20/20.  He just told me to have an examine every year now in case I develop any eye disease.  Dolores...sorry about your water problem....especially when you wanted to go to the gym.  What exercises do you do?  You'll have to get there to take care of that Mississippi Mud! LOL   Jane...I can appreciate your heat and dry problems as they hit us on their way to you.  I didn't golf this morning because it would have reached the 90 plus before we could get through.  Enjoy your wedding, Ginnyjane.  Time for our evening game of dominoes.  We've played two games already today. Joy

Sounds like you are doing well with you exercise.  I wish I could say the same.  I wasn't feeling well this morning, so didn't go again.  My eating hasn't been to well this week either.  I think I am doing a little stress eating.  I have to get back to the book.

Good for you--not having to get new glasses.  I didn't have to get new ones the last I had mine examined. 

Oh you ask me what kind of exercise I do.  I almost forgot. :)  I usually walk the treadmill, the elliptical, rowing machine.  they have about four or five resistance machines that I use.  And some days I lift weights.  I do enjoy it to.  I just haven't been able to get back for some reason.  (or several reasons) LOL

I feel for the ones that is having so much heat.  It wasn't to bad while I was down south.  The last few days at my sisters< (in kansas) was pretty hot.  We stayed in the air conditioning most of the time.

Hope everyone is doing well.  I will talk to you later.  Dolores

August 2, 2005, 9:30 pm CDT

Over 70 WLC Community

I wanted to let people know we will be having our 1st discussion on our board, this

Thursday--will be an all day discussion and we are covering the very beginning of the

UWL/7keys book.If needed we will carry the talk over into Friday.we may change the day

for discussions later but it being this late in the week--we picked Thursday--cause afew of us

didn't want to wait til next week to begin.

the board is named:

We Don't have to do this alone anymore.

I hope those of anyone who can, will pop by and share your views and opinions with us.

This board can be found under the weight section--under sub title weight loss challenge

discussions.last I knew it was listed on the third page there.

and also wanted to an open invitation for anyone who wishes to come post anytime on the

board--we are always up to having daily discussions as well.

hope you will come check us out

Vickie

August 4, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

Hi to everyone

Didn't make the board yesterday between exercising and getting home in time to greet my company.  A neighbor gal from high school days.  We try to get together at least once a year but it's been about 2 1/2 years...at our 50 anniversary.  Yesterday was aerobics plus treadmill and today I did my strength exercises, treadmill for 20 min and abs.   Delores, it sounds as though we are using a lot of the same equipment.  Sure hope you get to feeling better soon to get back to it.  Looks as though everyone is too busy to post.  I sent an E-mail to Lois but have not heard back so maybe if I remember tonight I'll call her on my cell after 9 PM as it will be a free call.  I see we had a visitor telling us about a group wanting to discuss the book.  I don't have time to check it out now but might look at it later.  I'll try to check in again tomorrow.  I have two spots of shingles to watch.  The doctor told me I might get more but these don't itch or bother me so will see what tomorrow brings.  Joy

August 4, 2005, 7:44 pm CDT

Joy

Didn't make the board yesterday between exercising and getting home in time to greet my company.  A neighbor gal from high school days.  We try to get together at least once a year but it's been about 2 1/2 years...at our 50 anniversary.  Yesterday was aerobics plus treadmill and today I did my strength exercises, treadmill for 20 min and abs.   Delores, it sounds as though we are using a lot of the same equipment.  Sure hope you get to feeling better soon to get back to it.  Looks as though everyone is too busy to post.  I sent an E-mail to Lois but have not heard back so maybe if I remember tonight I'll call her on my cell after 9 PM as it will be a free call.  I see we had a visitor telling us about a group wanting to discuss the book.  I don't have time to check it out now but might look at it later.  I'll try to check in again tomorrow.  I have two spots of shingles to watch.  The doctor told me I might get more but these don't itch or bother me so will see what tomorrow brings.  Joy

It is great fun to see old friends isn't it.  I always enjoy our class reunion so much.  I go about three thousand miles to get to it and there are class members that live right there that doesn't come.  THey don't know what they are missing.  LOL  Yes, Joy I think we use about the same equipment.  I am hoping to get back to it on Monday.  I have really messed up today.  But I am determined to get back on track in the morning.  Today is my daughters birthday and we went out for mexican food and I made her a Mississippi Mud Cake.  (does that say it all)  LOL 

I hope you can get Lois back.  I am wondering how AJ is doing since her surgery to.  I hope she is doing Ok 

Guess I better get going.  Talk to You later.  Dolores 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last