Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 7, 2005, 7:57 pm CDT

Ginnyjane

Quote From: ginnyjane

Hi everyone--Over here one does not say "good evening" they say good night!!!  I don't know why either! I made it through the wedding! But I could not pass up the dessert....BAKED ALASKA!!!! The Mississippi mud cake sounds like fourteen zillion calories. Haven't weighed myself since the wedding-----no guts.  I will be eating one regular meal and two meal replacement drinks for the next two days plus my multivitamin/mineral.  I am reading the book but it's slow.  Your fresh veggies sound great. Wish I could have a garden but am not able anymore--but we do have a new fresh veggie market and they have almost anything you could want. Things that the regular markets don't have. Sure wish we would hear from Lois and AJ. Everyone take care.  God Bless  Ginnyjane 

I think the mud cake does have fourteen zillion calories.  LOL  Especially since I gained five pounds since having that plus mexican food.  I am back on track now tho.  I am hoping to loose that soon.  Probaly not as fast as gaining it tho.  

I am reading the book to, but like you it is going very slow.  I don't think I will ever keep the weight off without the book tho.  It sure is easy to gain back and I worked to hard to let it creap back on.  I feel so much better since loosing it. 

I wonder how AJ is doing.  She hasn't been on since her surgery has she? 

Have a great evening.  Dolores 

August 7, 2005, 8:02 pm CDT

Joy

Quote From: ulnamn

Been a busy Saturday!  Went to the gym after breakfast and arrived home about 10:30 to find my son, DIL, and three kids painting our house.  Archie was running the tractor...the scaffolding.  i changed clothes and started to help.  Lucky I had some stuff to throw together for lunch even id they only live next door.  By 1PM the first coat was on the whole house.  They plan to do the next coat on Monday.  This afternoon  we went to a 50 th party.  Now home and relaxing a bit.  Had an E-mail from Lois.  She found the board and read the postings but had trouble posting so will send her another note.  Have a great Sunday in the church of your choice!  Joy

What a great son and DIL to paint the house for you.  It is so nice when you children does things like that for you.  Mine are pretty good about that to.  You will be busy again tomorrow if they are coming back to do the second coat, won't you? 

well guess I better get off here and start thinking about getting ready for bed.  Have to get up early. 

Have a great week.  Dolores 

August 7, 2005, 8:12 pm CDT

Jane

Quote From: mufpen

HI TO ALL;  Lois; Glad to have you back.  I am another one who would rather look at water.  My daughter is doing really good.  She is on a regular diet--is learning which foods go Thu her too fast--but she is feeling great.  She is back to work---not full time but tries to put in 3 to 4 hours a day. 

Thank you for asking. 

Ginnyjane; your soup sounds very good--similar to one I make---the only difference is I use tomato juice instead of regular tomatoes---going to try it your way. 

Dolores;  Your right ---your cake is sinful.   Won't try it now---I have been pretty good with food choices.   Have slips once in awhile but most of the time doing ok. 

Now if I can just that exercise thing going---I might be ok. 

After church this morning--I watered my garden--getting to be a daily thing.  Temp just got into the upper 80's today.  Feels good to have doors and windows open.  I am very happy we have air condition but would rather have fresh air.   Hope everyone will have a good week---I am still trying to read---not much success. 

ONE DAY AT AT A TIME----Jane 

It is great your daughter is doing good.  It sure is nerve racking when our children are sick isn't it? 

Yep the cake did it to me. :(  I gained about five pounds in a few days with it around.  Of course having mexican food didn't help any either.  I am back on track now.  The girls are getting back on theirs tomorrow. 

Sounds like it is pretty hot where you live.  I do believe that air conditioner is a must. :) 

Have a great week.  Dolores 

August 8, 2005, 4:44 pm CDT

Hello again

Thought I'd write a few lines before I do my supper dishes. (Yes, I was brought us with "breakfast, dinner and supper)It's hard to change. I got my yearly mamogram this morning, glad to get that over with. I have to go to the foot Dr. in the morning to get my toe nails cut. I simply cannot cut them anymore and he does it so easy and quick.  JINNYJANE--I copied your receipe of the soup, so hope to get to make it soon.  A friend at church told me she made this the other nite and how good they thought it was. I cut up 1yellow squash,1 onion,1 celery stick,1 small green pepper,and several of my little fresh tomatoes, then I added some uncooked chicken breast tenders, salt and pepper. I added a very small amt.of water. I let that cook for quite awhile. We both thought it was real good. I guess if you wanted to cook it in chicken broth and cut the chk.tenders in small pieces, you could make soup out of it. Leo thought it was good enough that he ate 2 big helpings of it and told me to remember how I did that so I could make it again. We really need rain. It gets cloudy, wind blows hard and everyone is praying for rain, but nothing happens.We have been having to water alot lately. Our lake is really getting low, and it's so hot, back in the middle 90's today.Well, my dishes are'nt going to wash themselves, so better go do that. I have the dishwasher nearly full, but these things I don;t put in the washer. So everyone have a good nite and keep good food choices. Till later, take care. Lois

August 8, 2005, 5:39 pm CDT

Good Evening

Lois...glad to see you made it!   Jane...so glad your daughter is doing so great.  We feel so much better when our kids are better no matter how old or young they are.   Ginnyjane....you have everyone making me hungry for soup.  I love to make a big kettle....no such thing as making a small one of soup....and then freeze part of it for those quick lunches.  Delores...time to get back to good eating and only dream of Mississippi Mud!  Archie had a VA appointment today 70 miles from home and it was too hot to paint so maybe the morning will be cool enough to slap that other coat on.  It was 93 at 3 PM when we came home and I went to the gym.  We had our first sweet corn for dinner tonight....same category as mud pie and baked Alaska.  It sure tasted good!  Watering the garden and flowers is a must.  I think we had 19 days in the 90"s last month.  I don't plan to golf in the morning but do hope we can paint.  Happy meal planning!  Joy

August 9, 2005, 1:29 pm CDT

Hi?

Not too much activity yesterday or today.  We had a little rain this afternoon...1/4 inch maybe but could use a lot more.  No painting today so I went to the gym after breakfast.  Yesterday I did a mile on the treadmill and 3 miles on the bike plus abs.  Today I just did strength plus 10 minutes on the treadmill as Archie had dropped me off while he went for a haircut.  Worked on cleaning the basement the rest of the morning.  Played dominoes for 3 hours after lunch and now back to doing my own thing....checking my E-mail and the board.  Hope everyone is reading the book and eating well!  Joy 

August 9, 2005, 8:35 pm CDT

Joy

Not too much activity yesterday or today.  We had a little rain this afternoon...1/4 inch maybe but could use a lot more.  No painting today so I went to the gym after breakfast.  Yesterday I did a mile on the treadmill and 3 miles on the bike plus abs.  Today I just did strength plus 10 minutes on the treadmill as Archie had dropped me off while he went for a haircut.  Worked on cleaning the basement the rest of the morning.  Played dominoes for 3 hours after lunch and now back to doing my own thing....checking my E-mail and the board.  Hope everyone is reading the book and eating well!  Joy 

August 9, 2005, 8:40 pm CDT

Opps

I did something wrong.  It posted before I typed it.  LOL  (senior moment) I guess. 

It has been beautiful here today.  it has been in the 70"S and the sun has been shinning all day.  I am trying to soak in all of it I can before winter comes on us. 

It sounds like you are doing great with you exercise.  I am not doing to well on anything right now I think.  It has been something going on everyday to keep me from going to the gym.  I have been reading some in the book.  I would like to have the tapes to listen to while I work around the house, but never have gotten them.   

Wonder where everyone is today?  Guess I better get ready for bed.  Hope everyone had a good day tomorrow with lots of exercise and good food choices.  Dolores 

August 10, 2005, 4:57 am CDT

Good Morning

HI TO ALL; Didn't get on the board yesterday---ran errands and then had company in the afternoon and then they kept warning us of a storm coming our way---so I stayed off the computer.    

Joy;  We only got about 1/4 " of rain also last night--could also use more.  Too bad you can't your house finished---they are saying maybe more rain tomorrow.   Most of our weather comes from your way--so you should get it first.   Can't believe we have had so many days in the 90's---as of yesterday that was day 21 of 90 and above.  Usually we only have 5 or 6 days during the whole summer.  Our AC sure is getting a work out this summer as well as our water pump. 

Glad to hear you are enjoying your exercise program.   Keep it up---good for you. 

Bill is going for sweet corn again today---have to enjoy it while it is available. 

Lois;   I know I have complained of the hot weather--I know you live in this  kind of weather most of the summer---do you ever get used to it???  Bill's sister used to live in Big Spring, TX and we visited her alot in summer and I remember it was always hot.    

Dolores;  It is hard to get back on track when you get off---I am doing ok but not as good as I should be----reading the book is helping but it is hard.   I haven't weighed in for over a month now---maybe that would help--but don't want to see the numbers.   Ginnyjane--how are you doing--with food choices----have a good day everyone---Jane 

August 10, 2005, 12:35 pm CDT

Hi again

Well, it;s another hot day, had to have the Roto-Rooter man out to clean out our sewage lines to the alley, got alot of roots out, but thought our main problem was in the alley where the city lines are, so need to call the city to see if I can have those checked, other than that I have been going thru photos, looking for a picture my niece wants, can't find it, I have spent all day looking for it, think I'll stop for awhile. And NO, JANE, you just accept Texas weather as it is and yes, the electric bill goes up. It's the humidity that's so bad down here. You say you have'nt weighed in awhile, I weigh several times a week to see that I have'nt gained any. I wished I liked to exercise, I know it keeps the skin tight. I may start looking at garage sales to see if I can find me a tread mill, I had one, but it went out(it was an old elec.one) I did enjoy that, I could watch tv or read and walk. Leo's little garden is dead, he's gonna pull the vines up this week-end, he really has gotten alot of tomatoes from it and I had 2 eggplants off my 1 plant. He had to water alot to keep it going, it's been so dry. We keep the bird bath filled with water all the time so they will have plenty to drink. Hope everyones doing ok, DOLORES, I had that happen to me one time, I was posting a message and all of a sudden it was gone. I don't know what I hit. Well, better try to get something done before I start supper. So every one take care, stay happy and good food choices. Lois

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last