Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 10, 2005, 1:27 pm CDT

Timeout from cards

Picked cucumbers before going to aerobics this morning, came home and made refrigerator pickles.  Played a game of cards with Archie before making lunch.  Picked green beans and glads after lunch.  Thought the flowers look better in the house than falling over in the garden :-)  Played some more cards...too hot outside.  Our air has had a real workout this past month....so glad the boys put air in the house for us.  Been doing a little quilt cutting but decided to get into the computer.  Nice to read all the messages.  Ginnyjane hasn't posted for a few days but sure we will hear from hear.  Do hope AJ made out OK, too.  Talk to you tomorrow...Joy 

August 11, 2005, 4:08 pm CDT

Everyone

Quote From: ulnamn

Picked cucumbers before going to aerobics this morning, came home and made refrigerator pickles.  Played a game of cards with Archie before making lunch.  Picked green beans and glads after lunch.  Thought the flowers look better in the house than falling over in the garden :-)  Played some more cards...too hot outside.  Our air has had a real workout this past month....so glad the boys put air in the house for us.  Been doing a little quilt cutting but decided to get into the computer.  Nice to read all the messages.  Ginnyjane hasn't posted for a few days but sure we will hear from hear.  Do hope AJ made out OK, too.  Talk to you tomorrow...Joy 

Where are you?  LOL  The board sure is quite today.  I finally started back to the gym today.  I didn't do a lot, but at least it is a start.  The trainer told me to not try to do to much at first to listen to my body.  

The food choices have been pretty good also.  Someone gave my husband fresh salmon, so that is going to be supper.  I am going to try cooking it out on the grill.  Maybe some of us will be able to eat if that way.  None of this bunch likes salmon, and somebody is always giving my husband some.  To bad HUH?  I am going to have green beans and squash with it. 

I hope everyone is having a good day.  JOY  my green beans are out of a can--not fresh ones like you have.  I bet your glads are beautiful to. 

Have a good one,  Dolores 

August 11, 2005, 5:25 pm CDT

Good Evening

Delores..so glad for you that you got back to the gym.  The other day I overheard a guy tell someone that it wasn't important how much you did but important to do what you can do.  A gal was using dumbbells that he thought were too heavy for her and explained that using lighter dumbbells properly was the thing to do.  I told him I was glad as I only use 5 lb ones.  Don't know if he was a "trainer" or not but seemed to make sense.  Well, I joined my gym today for the 3 1/2 months before I leave for Texas.  When I come back in the spring I will get a better rate which is fine with me.  My health insurance pays $20 a month as long as I go 8 times per month.  I'll have four months credit to go towards next years dues when I come back in the spring. I really do like it there...today was my 13th day...everyday but Sunday.  I came home and cleaned house and washed clothes and played cards again.  Keep up the exercise but take it slow and easy.  I do about 12 reps on the equipment.  I am getting a perm in the morning so plan to go to the gym in the afternoon for treadmill and bike.  My cousin should be coming from Anchorage before too long.  I think he's driving his mini-home.  What is gas up there?  We paid 2.299 on Tuesday.  We'll have to keep the board going!  Joy  

August 11, 2005, 7:30 pm CDT

Hello

Well, it's another hot day, Leo and I mowed the yard this afternoon, it was too hot to edge so he will do that early Sat.morning. Other than that not much going on. Usual house work, have been trying to eat right. I think I read where AJ had surgery, hope she is doing ok and will be back on board soon.  Sounds like Joy and Dolores have their excerise going good, good for both of you. I've got some running around to do tomorrow, so will be busy most of day, then Leo and I and my sisters are going to eat mexican food at 4.  Rain has been taken out of our forcast, so that means drier weather. I watered some of the yard after we mowed. You guys take care, till later, Lois

August 12, 2005, 8:21 pm CDT

Good Night Friends

Just checking in before turning in for the night.  Archie and I went out to eat, came home and played some dominoes while watching the Vikings pre-season game.  Our valley friends are really hot, too, Lois.  Haven't talked to my neice in Carrollton lately.  Your garden is done and ours is producing except the leaf lettuce is done.  Today is my twin granddaughters birthday and they are on the way home from the Black Hills.  My "baby" turned 46 today.  Tomorrow I go to my 55 year class reunion and might not get back to the board until Monday so you all have a good weekend.  I went to the gym today after getting a perm from my neice but will skip tomorrow.  Pleasant dreams!  Joy

August 13, 2005, 2:20 pm CDT

Happy Saturday

Quote From: ulnamn

Just checking in before turning in for the night.  Archie and I went out to eat, came home and played some dominoes while watching the Vikings pre-season game.  Our valley friends are really hot, too, Lois.  Haven't talked to my neice in Carrollton lately.  Your garden is done and ours is producing except the leaf lettuce is done.  Today is my twin granddaughters birthday and they are on the way home from the Black Hills.  My "baby" turned 46 today.  Tomorrow I go to my 55 year class reunion and might not get back to the board until Monday so you all have a good weekend.  I went to the gym today after getting a perm from my neice but will skip tomorrow.  Pleasant dreams!  Joy

Everyone sure is quite today.  Guess everyone is busy.  It is a beautiful day here today.  It isn't to hot like yesterday, but the sun is shinning. 

I am not doing to well with my eating today--think I might be bored.  Saturdays always seem to be a bad day for me looking for something all the time.  When I get off here I am going to try to ride the exercise bike for a while.  My friend and I don't go to the gym on Saturday or Sunday.  I really need to do some kind of exercise every day tho. 

Hope everyone is Ok today.  I have been wondering about AJ, and how her surgery went.  And Jinnyjane,  where are you?  We miss you guys.  (or like where I came from YOUALL)  LOL 

Wow,  JOY you will enjoy your reunion.  I try to go when we have one.  I think ours is due next year.  We have lost several of our class members tho.  I think our best one was our 50th.  What irrtates me is the ones that live right there don't go and I go 3000 miles to get to see everyone.  Strange< HUH? 

Well everyone have a great weekend and will talk to you later.  Dolores 

August 13, 2005, 5:12 pm CDT

Hi JOY & Dolores

It was in middle 90's again today, still no rain. Leo and I bought a few groceries after we cleaned house, then I got my hair cut at 1PM, then we went out to the mall and looked around awhile, found Leo some blue jeans on sale and bought him 3 prs. He was getting very low on them.  I looked for pants and blouses, (every thing on sale,some as much as 70% off), but I just don;t like the type of clothes they are making now, I don't like most of the materials they are made of, so hopeful mine will be good for a long time. I look at the clothes these kids wear and told Leo if we had had to wear clothes like that when we went to school, we would have been made fun of and laughed at all the time. I was lucky that I had a grandma that could sew and make us a few things. Do either of you know who writes under the "user Mood",also why is my name "texmeme"has a white background and no one else does? It makes me wonder if I'm signing in like everyone else does, and who puts the "faces"under "message Emote"?? ???By the way gasoline as of yesterday afternoon was up to $2.39.9.  But when we went to the mall which is about 10 miles from us, we saw gas at $2.45.9. Theres no telling what it's going to end up with. Joy, have fun at your reunion, you guys take care, have a good week-end. Lois  JANE & JINNYJANE WE MISS YOU.

August 13, 2005, 6:30 pm CDT

Lois

Quote From: texmeme

It was in middle 90's again today, still no rain. Leo and I bought a few groceries after we cleaned house, then I got my hair cut at 1PM, then we went out to the mall and looked around awhile, found Leo some blue jeans on sale and bought him 3 prs. He was getting very low on them.  I looked for pants and blouses, (every thing on sale,some as much as 70% off), but I just don;t like the type of clothes they are making now, I don't like most of the materials they are made of, so hopeful mine will be good for a long time. I look at the clothes these kids wear and told Leo if we had had to wear clothes like that when we went to school, we would have been made fun of and laughed at all the time. I was lucky that I had a grandma that could sew and make us a few things. Do either of you know who writes under the "user Mood",also why is my name "texmeme"has a white background and no one else does? It makes me wonder if I'm signing in like everyone else does, and who puts the "faces"under "message Emote"?? ???By the way gasoline as of yesterday afternoon was up to $2.39.9.  But when we went to the mall which is about 10 miles from us, we saw gas at $2.45.9. Theres no telling what it's going to end up with. Joy, have fun at your reunion, you guys take care, have a good week-end. Lois  JANE & JINNYJANE WE MISS YOU.

Wow I better quit complaining of being hot.  LOL  It was about 84 when I went to bed the other night and I couldn't sleep.  But here the 80s seem a lot hotter than down south.  If it got 90 I could be complaining wouldn't I?    I am like you,  it is hard finding something I like to wear.   

I don't know who writes unter "user Mood".  Maybe each one of our names has a withe backgroud, because that is the way I see mine to.  When you start to write a message there is a little box on the right facing you that you can click on a choose which one  you want and it shows up. 

I do daily books at a service station here and our gas of this morning was 244.9.  There is one down the street that is 249.9 so we probaly will be on monday.  It is really getting redicules. 

Have a great Sunday in church of your choice.  Dolores 

August 13, 2005, 6:35 pm CDT

Lois

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Wow I better quit complaining of being hot.  LOL  It was about 84 when I went to bed the other night and I couldn't sleep.  But here the 80s seem a lot hotter than down south.  If it got 90 I could be complaining wouldn't I?    I am like you,  it is hard finding something I like to wear.   

I don't know who writes unter "user Mood".  Maybe each one of our names has a withe backgroud, because that is the way I see mine to.  When you start to write a message there is a little box on the right facing you that you can click on a choose which one  you want and it shows up. 

I do daily books at a service station here and our gas of this morning was 244.9.  There is one down the street that is 249.9 so we probaly will be on monday.  It is really getting redicules. 

Have a great Sunday in church of your choice.  Dolores 

I went back and took a look at the User mood---on your profile you can choose a mood that you are in.  Some have choosen one and some hasn't.  I think that is what it is anyway.  I don't think it is a person writing.  (but I am not sure) LOL  Hope that helps.  Dolores 

August 14, 2005, 6:03 pm CDT

HI Delores & Lois

Just came home from the Twins Birthday party.  We had Swedish pancakes....our family favorite.  We were 22.  Lois,  you get the white background when you click to answer to a posting.  I clicked happy on the "emote" and will see if the smiley face comes up.  Gas today is 2.59 at most stations.  We're having some cool weather here now...70's....low 80's...and it feels wonderful but we need rain.  I had a good time at my class reunion last night.  About 47 classmates and maybe 30 spouses.  We had 127 graduates and 32 have died....8 in the past five years.  We have a reunion every five years.  We had some from California and other states but yes there are some who live within 25 miles that don't attend.  I didn't do the gym yesterday as my DIL came over to do my nails.  Tomorrow is aerobics and then I'm getting company in the afternoon, going out for dinner, and then play cards so the day will be full. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last