Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 15, 2005, 8:06 pm CDT

Hi everyone,

Well, no ones posted today, hope you are all doing ok. Just thought I'd tell all of you, I won't be posting for a few days. Leo and I are leaving early in the morning to go to Eureka Springs, Ark.( Joy,you probably know where that is) We are celebrating our 57th anniversary.  We will be home Friday afternoon. We are really looking forward to it. I have'nt seen Jane or Jinnyjane post in a day or so, hope they are ok. Still have a few last minute things to do, so will close here and try to go to bed earlier than usual, if only I can go to sleep. We did get a good rain last night, it rained about an hour, just a good steady rain so it soaked in good.  It is thundering now, so I guess I will get off here and unplug it. Hope all of you have a good week, till later, take care and God bless. Lois

August 16, 2005, 4:23 am CDT

I'M LOST!!

This will be short because I have posted twice in the past two days and nothing happened.  I'm writing this to see if it shows up on the board!! If not I don't know where to go from here.LOL Ginnyjane:-(

August 16, 2005, 9:05 am CDT

Good Morning

HI TO ALL;   Haven't been on for a couple of days--had computer problems and had to wait for my grandson to come over and fix it.  He was here late last night---everything seems fine this morning. 

Lois;  Have a good trip.    Joy; hope you had fun at your reunion---always nice to see the "kids" from school.     

Not much going on here---weather is great--temp in low 80's during the day--and lot cooler at night. 

Have been doing yard work and getting garden cleaned up---tomatoes are ripening really nice---dug all my potato's---didn't plant that many--just enough for salad and a couple of meals.  I am still picking beans--only had 6 plants and have gotten enough to eat and freeze a few for later.   Found a nice farmer market in town---they had very good cantaloupes--and picked up a head of cabbage for some of Ginnyjane's soup.   Better get going--need to wash tomatoes I just picked---I sprayed my plants so have to wash them very carefully.  Hope everyone has a good day.    Jane 

August 16, 2005, 10:34 am CDT

Ginnyjane

Quote From: ginnyjane

This will be short because I have posted twice in the past two days and nothing happened.  I'm writing this to see if it shows up on the board!! If not I don't know where to go from here.LOL Ginnyjane:-(
YOU ARE HERE. :)   Good to see you back.  I have been missing you.  They say if you have been on here for (I think 20 minutes) sometimes it doesn't post unless you sign on again.  Some times I will have it on and then do something else and if I do I have to sign back in again to post.  Hope it works for you next time.  Dolores

August 16, 2005, 10:38 am CDT

Jane

Quote From: mufpen

HI TO ALL;   Haven't been on for a couple of days--had computer problems and had to wait for my grandson to come over and fix it.  He was here late last night---everything seems fine this morning. 

Lois;  Have a good trip.    Joy; hope you had fun at your reunion---always nice to see the "kids" from school.     

Not much going on here---weather is great--temp in low 80's during the day--and lot cooler at night. 

Have been doing yard work and getting garden cleaned up---tomatoes are ripening really nice---dug all my potato's---didn't plant that many--just enough for salad and a couple of meals.  I am still picking beans--only had 6 plants and have gotten enough to eat and freeze a few for later.   Found a nice farmer market in town---they had very good cantaloupes--and picked up a head of cabbage for some of Ginnyjane's soup.   Better get going--need to wash tomatoes I just picked---I sprayed my plants so have to wash them very carefully.  Hope everyone has a good day.    Jane 

Good to see you on today to.  It stinks when you have computer problems doesn't it. 

Wish I have one of your tomatoes.  LOL  They have them at the Farmers Market here, but they are about four dollars a pound.  A friend of mine and I have been going every saturday  and getting cucumbers, cabbage squash and a few other things.  It is real good but it really does cost to much.  It is so much better than what we get at the store tho. 

Everyone have a great day.  Dolores 

August 16, 2005, 3:48 pm CDT

Hi Everyone!

Ginnyjane...glad to see you got through.  I didn't have time to answer your E-mail last night so thought I'd check the board today first.  We just weren't brought up with these computers so they like to give us trouble.  Jane....nice to have you back.  I'm going to have to take my "home" computer in and have it looked at because I end up turning it off a lot to restart it.  Something is wrong but I just keep using it.  I should get it taken care of before it quits completely but it's so easy to put it off.  I golfed today so I didn't go to the gym....walking 9 holes in 80 degees is enough.  Tomorrow is aerobic class so I definitely will go.  I picked tomatoes yesterday and enjoyed BLT's.  Tonight will be sweet corn, new potaoes, and some chicken I picked up on the way home from golfing.  Enjoy your day....Joy

August 16, 2005, 4:04 pm CDT

Good Afternoon

Ladies,  How is everyone doing today?  I have been wanting to munch all day.  Guess I need to get the book out.  I got a good start reading, but seems I can't get back to it everyday.  I have been eating pretty healty, but just to much of it.  I did get in a pretty good work out today, not as good as yesterday tho.  I found out I couldn't do what I was doing before surgery. 

Hope everyone is doing good.  Have a great evening.  Dolores 

August 16, 2005, 5:26 pm CDT

FINALLY--I THINK I MADE IT

Well, now that's better.  I've been doing pretty good with food but I can't seem to leave the peanut butter alone. When you live alone there is no one to remind you that you shouldn't eat something. But I haven't gained any weight. I have been reading the book--in bits and pieces.  It does help to keep you focused. I made my soup today and that will help because I use that in place of a meal.----LOIS: my name has a white box this time too--don't understand that one. I see you all are unhappy about gas prices. Out fuel is running about the equivalent of $5.30 per gallon! That's why nearly everyone owns a small car.  Even the "luxury"  cars are small--like BMW's. DOLORES: I think it was you said something about Salmon and your family was not too happy with it. Did you ever try marinating it before you grill?? Olive oil--red wine--lemon pepper and crushed garlic--but only about 45 minutes. Hope everyone is doing well.  I hope that AJ is OK.  I tried to get my cousin on message board but she says Dr. Phil's book made her feel guilty!?!?!  It's pretty late so I guess I'd better make a move toward bed. You all take care    God Bless  Ginnyjane

August 16, 2005, 6:43 pm CDT

GinnyJane

Quote From: ginnyjane

Well, now that's better.  I've been doing pretty good with food but I can't seem to leave the peanut butter alone. When you live alone there is no one to remind you that you shouldn't eat something. But I haven't gained any weight. I have been reading the book--in bits and pieces.  It does help to keep you focused. I made my soup today and that will help because I use that in place of a meal.----LOIS: my name has a white box this time too--don't understand that one. I see you all are unhappy about gas prices. Out fuel is running about the equivalent of $5.30 per gallon! That's why nearly everyone owns a small car.  Even the "luxury"  cars are small--like BMW's. DOLORES: I think it was you said something about Salmon and your family was not too happy with it. Did you ever try marinating it before you grill?? Olive oil--red wine--lemon pepper and crushed garlic--but only about 45 minutes. Hope everyone is doing well.  I hope that AJ is OK.  I tried to get my cousin on message board but she says Dr. Phil's book made her feel guilty!?!?!  It's pretty late so I guess I'd better make a move toward bed. You all take care    God Bless  Ginnyjane

The last time I cooked I did marinate it before grilling.  We just don't like Salmon and it is so good for you, and what I have is free.  LOL 

YOU know I think everyone sees their name in white.  I do to. 

Well I hear my granddaughter coming in so gotta get dinner on the table 

Dolores 

August 17, 2005, 7:07 pm CDT

Where is everyone today???

Hope everyone is OK?? Nobody has posted since I last posted.  I am doing Ok I think.  Did not exercise today.  They tell me to take it easy and to ease back into it.  When I go I want to do everything I was doing before,  but just not as long. 

Well guess I will get off here and try to read some of the book.  Hope everyone is having a good day.  Dolores 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last