Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 17, 2005, 7:41 pm CDT

Hi Gang

I put my Emote:anxious as I'm anxious to see if all this exercise will kick off some weight.  I have lost a couple pounds.  I went for aerobics but that was it today as I wanted to do some visitation this afternoon.  I brought a McDonald's to my friend and I enjoyed a nice salad.  I wasn't going to get new glasses but now have decided to get a pair and see if it sharpens my vision.  The plus thing is that the guy told me I could use my old frames as they are in good shape.  Saves $100 plus!  I also have clip/on for the sun protection that were expensive and now I can still use those.  I'm taking it a little easier at the gym, too, Dolores.  Decided to just do aerobics exclusive two days a week and then do treadmill/biking three days and strength training one day as we get a lot of that in aerobics.  Gas is really high for you, Ginnyjane.  How many miles do you get? I get about 22 on everyday driving....more on long trips.  Enjoy your soup everyone!  Joy 

August 18, 2005, 7:40 pm CDT

Good Evening

Just checking the post before bedtime but no one has posted today.  Not much going on in my life today but did get to the gym after running a few errands.  Also stopped to tell the gal at Curves that I had joined up with her competition because of price, location, plus I enjoy the treadmill and biking.  Tomorrow is my quilt block of the month day so will be going to breakfast with the gals and on to the quilt shop.  Have a good day!  Joy

August 19, 2005, 7:02 am CDT

Good Morning

Quote From: ulnamn

Just checking the post before bedtime but no one has posted today.  Not much going on in my life today but did get to the gym after running a few errands.  Also stopped to tell the gal at Curves that I had joined up with her competition because of price, location, plus I enjoy the treadmill and biking.  Tomorrow is my quilt block of the month day so will be going to breakfast with the gals and on to the quilt shop.  Have a good day!  Joy

Hope everyone is doing well.  The board sure is quite.  Not much going on here either Joy.  I did get a good workout yesterday.  I am not going to be able to get to the gym today tho.  Have to wait for Sears to get out and fix my oven.  (very fustrating)  Joy that is good reason to choose another gym.  especially price.  LOL  Have a great time with the gals you are having breakfast with of course with GOOD CHOICES.  Quilt block day sounds like fun.   Have a good one.   Wish everyone was posting.  Dolores 

August 19, 2005, 7:35 am CDT

Good Morning

HI TO ALL;  This has been an unusual week for me---Wednesday we ran some errands and then stopped to visit with some friends---ended up staying for supper--so got home late.  Yesterday was laundry day and by the time I  wanted to checked the board--weather was getting bad--so I turned off the computer---We were lucky---all the really bad weather went around us.  Wisconsin was hit by some tornadoes---a couple did a lot of damage. 

Dolores and Joy---you both are getting in exercise--that is really good---wish I would be going with you.   I need a push to get me on a regular exercise program.   Food choices have been ok--not 100% but they sure are alot better than a month ago.   Cloudy today--the kind of day that you don't feel like doing anything.  I have picked out material to start another quilt top---Bill is cutting some templates for me out of scrap Plexiglas he had laying around.  Hope everyone has a good weekend--Jane 

August 19, 2005, 11:03 am CDT

announcement

Our diaries have now launched! Here are some of the new added features:  

• Previously we had only 3 diary topics to add an entry to - Weight Loss Freedom, Working from the Inside Out, and Family First. Now you can start your own diaries on any topics you like!
  • You can choose to keep your diaries private or share them with the rest of DrPhil.com. And if you choose to change the status (from shared to private or vice versa), you can do easily this by editing your diary.
  • Your diaries and entries can be edited and deleted by you at any time.
  • Other members can post comments to your diary entries.
  • You can "Subscribe" to other member shared diaries that interest you and your subscriptions will be located in "My Profile" for easy access.
  • All of your own diaries (private and shared) will be listed on the left side of the main diaries pages after you log in.
  • If you click on a user name, you can select to view all diary entries by that user.
  • Each week we will select 2 or 3 shared member diaries to spotlight on our "Featured Diaries" page.

Note: When you create a new shared diary, it must have at least one entry that has been approved first before it appears on the shared diaries page.  

Hope to see you on the DrPhil.com diaires!  

August 19, 2005, 1:23 pm CDT

Good Afternoon

Quilt breakfast was fun as usual.  Came home and played some dominoes until lunch time and then went to the gym.  Did treadmill for a mile...speed ranging from 2.5 - 3.5.  Then I rode bike for 3 miles and got my heart rate up to 102.  Archie is helping move the irrigation so I have some computer/quilt time.  We did not get any of the rain, Jane, just went all around us.  It is so dry!  Tonight we go out with friends so I had a small bowl of cereal for lunch.  When I came downstairs to check the computer I almost grabbed a snack but slapped my hand and said "NO!"  It's so easy to eat.  LOL  I'll have fish tonight with a small dinner size salad and 3/4 C cole slaw....no potato.  Had 1 egg and 1 1/2 slices of dry toast for breakfast.  Hope today has been good to each of you!  Joy 

August 19, 2005, 2:04 pm CDT

good afternoon

Quote From: ulnamn

Quilt breakfast was fun as usual.  Came home and played some dominoes until lunch time and then went to the gym.  Did treadmill for a mile...speed ranging from 2.5 - 3.5.  Then I rode bike for 3 miles and got my heart rate up to 102.  Archie is helping move the irrigation so I have some computer/quilt time.  We did not get any of the rain, Jane, just went all around us.  It is so dry!  Tonight we go out with friends so I had a small bowl of cereal for lunch.  When I came downstairs to check the computer I almost grabbed a snack but slapped my hand and said "NO!"  It's so easy to eat.  LOL  I'll have fish tonight with a small dinner size salad and 3/4 C cole slaw....no potato.  Had 1 egg and 1 1/2 slices of dry toast for breakfast.  Hope today has been good to each of you!  Joy 

Joy sounds like you are doing great.  I didn't go to the gym today--waiting for the sears man to repair oven.  Hasn't come yet.  But I did ride my exercise bike for thirty minutes.  I plan on trying to do that again before the day is over.  I had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast.  Had a small salad for lunch with chicken on it.  My biggest mistakes is between means.  I do try to eat healthy, it is just to much I am afraid. 

Joy I am sorry you didn't get the rain you needed.  We have had rain the last few days.  It hasn't been a down pour.--sorta drizzle off and on.  We can use the rain to tho. 

Well guess I better get off here and get on the bike.  I will talk to you later.  Dolores 

August 21, 2005, 3:30 pm CDT

good afternoon

HI TO ALL;  Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.   We are having a quiet one.  Had a good breakfast after church this morning--salad for lunch--and just finished a piece of chicken and a tomato.  The weather is GREAT today--temp in low 70's --sunny--a perfect day.   We took a walk in the woods this afternoon and that was nice.   Nothing much is going on here today---I did some hand sewing this afternoon but other wise not much.   Have a good evening everyone.    Jane

August 21, 2005, 4:23 pm CDT

Quiet Sunday

Quote From: mufpen

HI TO ALL;  Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.   We are having a quiet one.  Had a good breakfast after church this morning--salad for lunch--and just finished a piece of chicken and a tomato.  The weather is GREAT today--temp in low 70's --sunny--a perfect day.   We took a walk in the woods this afternoon and that was nice.   Nothing much is going on here today---I did some hand sewing this afternoon but other wise not much.   Have a good evening everyone.    Jane
Hi Jane,  everyone sure are quite these days.  We are having a quiet Sunday also.   I had cereal this morning,  Salad for lunch, and I think I am going to roast a few veggies for supper, maybe chicken with it to.  Chicken seems to be the easiest protein for us.  The girls doesn't care for fish to much.  My granddaughter has agreed to eat it once a week. LOL  The weather here isn't as nice as yours.  It has been raining here most of the day, but we can use it.  We have been having smoke from the fires, so hopefully it will settle that down.  Have a great evening.  Dolores

August 23, 2005, 9:37 am CDT

Good Morning

Busy weekend and a busier Monday.  My kids came home from vacation on Friday and kept my washing machine and dryer busy on Saturday.  So busy in fact that I forgot about washing my own clothes and Archie announced this morning that he was out of clothes.  Yesterday morning I went to aerobics, came home and put a hot dish together before going to lunch with a group of ladies who get together once a month.  Back home and back to cooking again and baking cookies as I was having all my family for dinner...ended up only 18 as one son, DIL, and two kids they are raising didn't show up.  I made three huge hot dishes and one DIL brought jello, a salad, and bars.  Cucumbers, tomatoes, buns, and ice tea filled out the menu.   Just a get together before two grandchildren leave for college this Thursday.  It was a fun time but I was really tired when I went to bed.  This morning my two sons and two grandchildren painted the second coat on our house so I skipped gym and helped paint plus had to have the ice tea and cookies ready.  Now I'm going to my sister-in-laws for lunch.....joining three other SIL.  Hope everyone is having a nice day.   Joy

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last