Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2008, 5:45 am CDT

Hi to All

Good Morning;  Haven't been on here for awhile---time is going too fast.  Bill is still limited to what he can do--so I have been busy doing more.    Bill goes in on Monday for a checkup--but he is doing good -- just can't do as much as he would like. Our daughter is still recovering==very slow=-=she went for a CT scan on Monday===haven't heard about results yet.  She is getting stronger but it is a slow process.   Lois;  sorry to hear about your husband--hope he is doing better today.    Will the storm "IKE"  come near you.??    Joy;  sure would like to hear about your trip to Alaska.

Hope you enjoyed it.    Dolores;  glad to hear you met with Joy.   Hope someday I can meet some of you ladies.   Did you all watch Dr. Phil on Wed. and Thurs. of this week.  His show was good----can't wait to see next weeks show.   We finally got some rain yesterday----it is cloudy today---more rain coming this weekend--so they say anyway.   Hope you all have a good weekend.

September 12, 2008, 11:39 am CDT

Lois

Quote From: texmeme

Dolores, it was so good to hear from you, I'm glad you got to meet Joy, and that she remembered to give you the hug I asked her.to.  I know you enjoyed meeting she and Archie.  I see everyone is lazy or has too many things going to post., anyway, Leo had his surgery this morning,left side of his nose where the cancer had returned,  had to be there by 6 A.M>, they got to him by 7, by the time we got home, we had been gone 4 hrs. It is just 10 miles there.    We had been home about 30 minutes when his nose and forward head started bleeding and we couldn't stop it. I called Drs. office and they had me bring him back over there. Dr. had to put some more stitches at bottom of his nose.and seared over 3 places. It was bleeding so bad before we left home that Leo took a roll of paper towels with him, even then, he got blood on his shirt and shorts and seat belt, he is sleeping now.  He has about 2 inches of gauze  from middle of his forward-head to the end of his nose.  He said he is not getting out of the house except to go to the drs office and until he can take this off.  We have had some beautiful weather from these hurricanes, few sprinkles of rain, but cooler .weather. I do hope everyone is doing ok.  Jane, I hope things are better with your family.  I think I am going to take a little nap while Leo is sleeping.  So, everyone take care, until later, Lois

LOIS:  I did enjoy meeting Joy.  Think we could become friends very quickly.

I did not meet Archie.  She said he was tired and was taking a nap.  I understand

that because that is a very hard trip to travel to Alaska from anywhere in the  "lower

48"  I am finding it harder each year.

Sorry to hear Leo had to have surgery on his nose.  Is he doing OK now?  That would

scare me to dealth  for him to bleed like that and not be able to stop it.

Lois are you close to where the Hurricane is?  I have been thinking about you all morning.

Sure does sound bad to me.  Let us know you are alright.

Did you see the new weight loss challenge on Dr. Phil this week? 

Take care,

Dolores

September 12, 2008, 11:45 am CDT

Hey

Quote From: mufpen

Good Morning;  Haven't been on here for awhile---time is going too fast.  Bill is still limited to what he can do--so I have been busy doing more.    Bill goes in on Monday for a checkup--but he is doing good -- just can't do as much as he would like. Our daughter is still recovering==very slow=-=she went for a CT scan on Monday===haven't heard about results yet.  She is getting stronger but it is a slow process.   Lois;  sorry to hear about your husband--hope he is doing better today.    Will the storm "IKE"  come near you.??    Joy;  sure would like to hear about your trip to Alaska.

Hope you enjoyed it.    Dolores;  glad to hear you met with Joy.   Hope someday I can meet some of you ladies.   Did you all watch Dr. Phil on Wed. and Thurs. of this week.  His show was good----can't wait to see next weeks show.   We finally got some rain yesterday----it is cloudy today---more rain coming this weekend--so they say anyway.   Hope you all have a good weekend.

I haven't been here much either.  Just seems like I can't get to it for some reason.

I am driving my husband to work now and picking him up and it seems just to interrupt everything in my day.  I understand Bill not being able to do as much.   Doris can't either.  He does still work for 6 hours a day, but he sure don't do much around the house any more.  His knee gives him fits and he just can't walk on it like he use to.

Glad to hear your daughter is improving.  Hope she is good as new here very soon.  It is tough seeing our children go through bad times with their health or anything else for that matter.

I am anxious to hear about Joys trip through Alaska to.  Hope she enjoyed herself.    I sure did enjoy meeting her to.

I did watch the first show yesterday.  For some reason it didn't come on  Wednesday like it was suppose to, so guess I will see the second one today.  I am looking forward to seeing it next week to.  Hope it comes on when it is suppose to next week.

You have a nice weekend to.  ; )

Dolores

September 12, 2008, 12:41 pm CDT

Home again!

Arrived home last Friday evening but have just been too busy to get to the board.  It was so good to meet with Dolores and Glenna even if it was just for an hour.  Will have to send out our picture for all to see but it is in my other computer so that will be another time.  Archie was tired from the 6 hour plane ride so I thought it was better for him to rest.  He does get tired and complains that he can't do everything as fast anymore...guess we all hear that song!  Archie is busy in the field today so I have some time to myself.  I froze some tomatoes and picked green beans this morning.  I had doctor appointments Monday and Tuesday only to find out that I am in good health which made my day.  Cleaned house and entertained Wednesday night, lunch out with my S-I-L s on Thursday and returned the lugage I had borrowed.  I did buy one large bag and borrowed two others....one carry-on....so many regulations on size but we didn't have to pay any extra baggage charges.  I'm resting a bit to get ready to go out tonight for dinner with friends.  Seems we always have something going on...put over 200 miles on the car this week chasing parts and running grandchildren around. Sorry to hear Leo had such a time with his skin cancer.  Archie has an appointment next Thursday so am praying he will pass inspection.  Some days his face looks real good and other days I wonder.  We enjoyed the trip...some parts better than others.  Archie was tired of looking at mountains by time we finished our trip..  We did hear a lot of Alaska history plus saw bears, mountain sheep, caribou, whales, sea lions, etc.  The cruise was more fun for me as I did get off in all the towns to see the sights...waliking on my own.  Archie is not a walker so he'd get off the ship and spend time calling the family.  Every place we stayed was first class with outstanding food.  We stopped at the state fair so I took pictures of the very extra large pumpkins, cabbage, etc.  I'm glad we went but once was enough for a tour and cruise.  I'll have to check out Dr Phil.  Joy   

September 13, 2008, 7:28 am CDT

Good Morning ladies

We are having our 2nd cup of coffee and watching the weather channel, Houston is about 340 miles from us.  We are suppose to get some rain from it, but only had a few sprinkles and cloudy weather so far.  I know about these men getting slower, Leo use to mow the back and front yard, weed eat and edge, now if I don't help him, he has to stop and rest alot. I am glad to hear Bill is doing better, I don't know what I hit to cause the letters to get darker. I am glad your daughter is improving too.  Joy, I know you enjoyed meeting Delores, and your trip.  It is getting darker so I hope we get some rain. I woke up this morning to a large fever blister on my lip, I have'nt had one of these in years. Leo' sister that is in the nursing home had to go to hospital to have a feeding tube, she just does'nt want to eat. she is back in the home now, she does'nt know when she needs to go to the bathroom.  So we know she will never go home.She turns 84 in Oct. Well, better make us some breakfast, as it is 9:30 already.  Yes I did see Dr. Phil the day he chose the ones he will be working with, but did'nt see the next day.  Hope you all have a good week end, so till later, take care, Lois

September 13, 2008, 8:30 am CDT

Ladies

I just happened to think, I don't know how much you are getting on your TV's  of  the storm, but if you see SHERMAN on the tv, we are about 12 miles north of there.  I think the storm might be turning some, but we are still suppose to get some rain this afternoon and tomorrow.  Later, Lois

September 21, 2008, 12:35 pm CDT

Hey, where is everyone??

Quote From: texmeme

I just happened to think, I don't know how much you are getting on your TV's  of  the storm, but if you see SHERMAN on the tv, we are about 12 miles north of there.  I think the storm might be turning some, but we are still suppose to get some rain this afternoon and tomorrow.  Later, Lois
Hi all, of all the rain that everyone had from IKE, we only had a very little, our son who lives just a few miles from Dallas said he did'nt get hardly any either.  We were hoping for alot of rain.  We are doing ok, Leo goes in at 6 in the morning for more surgery on his nose.  The DR did what he calls a elephant flip, if you ever heard of that, he cut a strip from his forehead and brought it down to cover the left side of his nose, in the morning, he will cut the flip and do what ever.  I'm not sure what, but he told me it would look good when he finishes.  We are still having some good weather, haven't use air conditioner in several days.  How is everyone doing?  Dolores, I know you really miss your daughter.  Jane, I hope your family keeps improving health wise.  Our son from Coppell (near Dallas) came up Friday and went home this morning, his wife works with a company that holds showers, wedding receptions and parties of any kind, and she was going to be busy this week-end working with those.  Well, Leo is napping so I think I will take a nap too.  Hope you are enjoying your week-end.  Until later, take care, Lois

September 24, 2008, 12:53 pm CDT

Hi to Everyone

The time still flies by and I guess it's time to catch up again.  I'm not sure who had mentioned Sparks but I decided to look into it this week so it has taken my time to get going.  They track all food and exercise for you plus friendly people to encourage one another....much like Dr Phil's.  I have gotten back into walking each day after breakfast plus doing strength training three days a week.  Using my program that I had from the gym.  I have lost five pounds since I came home from Alaska.  My goal is to lose a pound a week. 

Today is a beautiful day in MN.  We had 1.8 inches rain yesterday....won't help the crops...too late.  The guys are filling silo today so Archie is busy outside.  Hope everyone is feeling up to par.  Archie's skin doctor gave him a good report although he did take one bio on his arm...will get report next week.  Have a great day.  Joy

October 8, 2008, 8:06 pm CDT

Hey Everybody

Geez,  I can't believe it has been so long since I posted.  Where does the time go?

How is everybody doing?  Guess I am doing OK.  All the company has gone back

to the lower 48 and I have finally gotten back on track with my healthy eating and

exercise.  I started back to the senior center last week.  Went today and also took

a exercise class,  boy am I pooped.  Bet I will be very sore in the morning.  I am hoping to

lose at least a pound a week.  Went to the doctor this week and he wants me to lose 13 pounds

before I return in January.  The bad part about that is we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to

get through.  That always messes my healthy eating up as I love those sweet things that most

of us make for Christmas.  OF course I am not going to make it without eating it.  LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Joy, have you got over that long trip yet?  LOL  I know it is very hard on a person.  I sure did enjoy meeting you.  Wish I could meet all the ladies on the board.

Well it is time for me to get comfy for the night and watch one tv show before bed.

Take care,

Dolores

October 10, 2008, 9:33 am CDT

Hi everyone

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Geez,  I can't believe it has been so long since I posted.  Where does the time go?

How is everybody doing?  Guess I am doing OK.  All the company has gone back

to the lower 48 and I have finally gotten back on track with my healthy eating and

exercise.  I started back to the senior center last week.  Went today and also took

a exercise class,  boy am I pooped.  Bet I will be very sore in the morning.  I am hoping to

lose at least a pound a week.  Went to the doctor this week and he wants me to lose 13 pounds

before I return in January.  The bad part about that is we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to

get through.  That always messes my healthy eating up as I love those sweet things that most

of us make for Christmas.  OF course I am not going to make it without eating it.  LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Joy, have you got over that long trip yet?  LOL  I know it is very hard on a person.  I sure did enjoy meeting you.  Wish I could meet all the ladies on the board.

Well it is time for me to get comfy for the night and watch one tv show before bed.

Take care,

Dolores

Boy, it's been awhile since some of us posted.  I just got home from getting my hair timed, now Leo has left to get his timed.  The weather has been great for several days, we sure are enjoying it.  Glad  to hear from Dolores.  This is the 12th day that Leo and I have been walking on the treadmill.  As soon as I get up I put on my shoes and start walking, we walked for 10  min at first, but while one of us was walking the other one worked out with the big ball, or rode the bicycle.  This Monday we started walking for 15 min.  Each week we hope to add more minutes till we can walk 30 min. When Leo gets back, we have got to go get a few groceries. I cleaned house pretty good yesterday while Leo mowed all the yard and edged.  I hope all of you are doing ok.  Leo got the last of his stitches out last Monday, His nose looks good, but  it will take a few months for his scar to clear up better.  Leo's sister that was in the nursing home went home this past Tuesday, her son thinks he can take care of her, but he can't, she can't tell when she needs to go to the bathroom.  We think he got scared because she had used up her Medicare and was having to go on Medicaid.  Her house is in her name, so they can come in and take it for payment since she does'nt have the money to pay out of pocket.  It's really sad to go to a nursing home and see all the people there.  I just hope Leo and I die before it comes to that.  We have really been so blessed that our health is as good as it is.Well, better go, Leo is back, so till next time,. take care, Lois

First | Prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | Next | Last