Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 5, 2005, 8:08 am CDT

Good Morning

GOO MORNING TO ALL;   Just came in from working in the yard--what a beautiful morning--when I went out at 7---the temp was 54'---perfect for working.  I got my garden cleaned up--dug out my early potatoes and watered. A bug is getting my tomatoes when they start to ripen--put some powder on them--hope that works.   Then the sun started to get warm so I moved to the back and worked on my perenial garden.  Now the temp is already up in the 70's--so time to come in.   Dolores;  what is a Mississippi Mud cake---I would guess I don't really want to know---but it sure sounds good.  I have been pretty good with my food choices this week--have to admit I haven't read the book again--I really want too--I need it and also to listen to the tapes--to hear Dr. Phil's voice.    Joy;  I sure do envy you the way you exercise.  That is great.  Exercise has always been a problem for me---I do work hard but not doing regular exercises the way you do.   I got my Christmas materials out and now must decide what to do with it.   I am still open for any ideas.      

Hope AJ is recovering well and hope to hear from her soon and also Lois--sure do miss her.   Have a good day everyone. 

Jane 

August 5, 2005, 9:35 am CDT

Good Morning

Archie and I went to breakfast with our senior group this morning....our usual Friday breakfast...1/2 waffle, strawberries, and bacon.  Try to have a light lunch before going out with our Friday night group although I usually eat light on Friday nights.  We have to go to a wedding reception later but it just an appetizer thing....can't spell that other word and can't even give spell check a hint LOL.  I went to the gym for an hour and did cardio plus abs.  It has gotten too warm outside here, too, Jane.  We're watering everything.  I picked green beans yesterday for dinner last night.  My son was leaving for a mission trip in the Black Hills and the beans would just go to waste.  I told them I would keep them picked while they're gone and my DIL can freeze them when they come home.  I called Lois last night but missed her as they were enjoying sitting outside.  Her computer has been down and her first try was not successful but she's going to try again today.  Now we have to have a report from AJ and we'll be complete again. :-)  Joy 

August 5, 2005, 10:40 am CDT

Jane

Quote From: mufpen

GOO MORNING TO ALL;   Just came in from working in the yard--what a beautiful morning--when I went out at 7---the temp was 54'---perfect for working.  I got my garden cleaned up--dug out my early potatoes and watered. A bug is getting my tomatoes when they start to ripen--put some powder on them--hope that works.   Then the sun started to get warm so I moved to the back and worked on my perenial garden.  Now the temp is already up in the 70's--so time to come in.   Dolores;  what is a Mississippi Mud cake---I would guess I don't really want to know---but it sure sounds good.  I have been pretty good with my food choices this week--have to admit I haven't read the book again--I really want too--I need it and also to listen to the tapes--to hear Dr. Phil's voice.    Joy;  I sure do envy you the way you exercise.  That is great.  Exercise has always been a problem for me---I do work hard but not doing regular exercises the way you do.   I got my Christmas materials out and now must decide what to do with it.   I am still open for any ideas.      

Hope AJ is recovering well and hope to hear from her soon and also Lois--sure do miss her.   Have a good day everyone. 

Jane 

YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MISSISSIPI MUD CAKE.  LOL  It is very sinful.  Chocolate cake with marsmellow cream on top as soon as it comes out of the oven then Chocolate icing on top of that--both with pecans in it.  VERY GOOD AND FATTENING. And I am afraid I really blew it yesterday,  but trying to get back on track today.  we still have a little of the cake left.  We gave away a lot of it tho. 

I have managed to read some of the book.  Not near enough tho.  I wish I had some of the tapes, but I never did get those. 

Have a good one.  Dolores 

August 5, 2005, 10:46 am CDT

JOY

Quote From: ulnamn

Archie and I went to breakfast with our senior group this morning....our usual Friday breakfast...1/2 waffle, strawberries, and bacon.  Try to have a light lunch before going out with our Friday night group although I usually eat light on Friday nights.  We have to go to a wedding reception later but it just an appetizer thing....can't spell that other word and can't even give spell check a hint LOL.  I went to the gym for an hour and did cardio plus abs.  It has gotten too warm outside here, too, Jane.  We're watering everything.  I picked green beans yesterday for dinner last night.  My son was leaving for a mission trip in the Black Hills and the beans would just go to waste.  I told them I would keep them picked while they're gone and my DIL can freeze them when they come home.  I called Lois last night but missed her as they were enjoying sitting outside.  Her computer has been down and her first try was not successful but she's going to try again today.  Now we have to have a report from AJ and we'll be complete again. :-)  Joy 

UMMM  Those waffles and strawberries and bacon sound really good.  That is nice to be able to go out with friends isn't it? 

Sounds like you are doing great on the exerise.  I am going to try to get back on monday--if nothing happens to stop me. 

Woo,  I would love to have some of those fresh green beans. 

Hopefully Lois will be able to get back on soon.  I miss her to.  Also AJ.  I hope she is doing Ok 

Everyone have a great day.  Dolores 

August 6, 2005, 4:15 pm CDT

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE

Hi everyone--Over here one does not say "good evening" they say good night!!!  I don't know why either! I made it through the wedding! But I could not pass up the dessert....BAKED ALASKA!!!! The Mississippi mud cake sounds like fourteen zillion calories. Haven't weighed myself since the wedding-----no guts.  I will be eating one regular meal and two meal replacement drinks for the next two days plus my multivitamin/mineral.  I am reading the book but it's slow.  Your fresh veggies sound great. Wish I could have a garden but am not able anymore--but we do have a new fresh veggie market and they have almost anything you could want. Things that the regular markets don't have. Sure wish we would hear from Lois and AJ. Everyone take care.  God Bless  Ginnyjane 

August 6, 2005, 4:24 pm CDT

Hi Everyone

Been a busy Saturday!  Went to the gym after breakfast and arrived home about 10:30 to find my son, DIL, and three kids painting our house.  Archie was running the tractor...the scaffolding.  i changed clothes and started to help.  Lucky I had some stuff to throw together for lunch even id they only live next door.  By 1PM the first coat was on the whole house.  They plan to do the next coat on Monday.  This afternoon  we went to a 50 th party.  Now home and relaxing a bit.  Had an E-mail from Lois.  She found the board and read the postings but had trouble posting so will send her another note.  Have a great Sunday in the church of your choice!  Joy

August 7, 2005, 11:29 am CDT

Hi everyone,

Well,if this goes thru, it will end a long hard search and several emails to Joy,who I thank. The Rangers (baseball) are on so will only write a quick note. I have been trying to keep up with everyones postings. Glad to have AJ on board, DOLORES--so glad you are home, I missed your postings.I do hope you had a wonderful time with all your family. Does it ever make you want to come back to the states, or are you happy in Alaska? JANE--you have'nt mentioned how your daughter was getting along, do hope she is still improving. JOY--what a treat for you, having your family come in and paint your house. It sounds like you really have a great family and always willing to help you all. JINNYJANE---I love your picture you have on your postings.  I hate being in the water, want no part of it, but I do love camping near it and can sat all day just looking and watching the boats or people fishing. You sound like you are really trying to lose that weight, I am at a stand-still. I still weigh often, stay the same, but I really need to get 12 or 14 lbs off to reach my goal. I just don't excerise like I should, and don't really like too. Better go for now. NOW IF I CAN JUST REMEMBER HOW I GOT ON HERE. Till later, God Bless and take care. Lois

August 7, 2005, 4:44 pm CDT

LOIS GLAD TO SEE YOU

Quote From: texmeme

Well,if this goes thru, it will end a long hard search and several emails to Joy,who I thank. The Rangers (baseball) are on so will only write a quick note. I have been trying to keep up with everyones postings. Glad to have AJ on board, DOLORES--so glad you are home, I missed your postings.I do hope you had a wonderful time with all your family. Does it ever make you want to come back to the states, or are you happy in Alaska? JANE--you have'nt mentioned how your daughter was getting along, do hope she is still improving. JOY--what a treat for you, having your family come in and paint your house. It sounds like you really have a great family and always willing to help you all. JINNYJANE---I love your picture you have on your postings.  I hate being in the water, want no part of it, but I do love camping near it and can sat all day just looking and watching the boats or people fishing. You sound like you are really trying to lose that weight, I am at a stand-still. I still weigh often, stay the same, but I really need to get 12 or 14 lbs off to reach my goal. I just don't excerise like I should, and don't really like too. Better go for now. NOW IF I CAN JUST REMEMBER HOW I GOT ON HERE. Till later, God Bless and take care. Lois

LOIS I'm  glad to see you finally got to the site. If you have a "favourites" or "bookmark" on your computer just add the message site to it and you can come right back each time. I'm with you---water is for looking at!! We had a semi final of Gaelic Football today(related to soccer) and my county lost! I have a lot of pounds to lose to reach the goal I'm looking for. I found a recipe that I thought that you all might like to use.  It's a soup that says it requires more calories to eat than are in the serving. I find that it is great for "the hungries".  

Cut up the following vegetables into bite sized pieces: 1 large green pepper--6 large onions--1 head cabbage--1 large bunch celery  1 can whole tomatoes (14 oz) 1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix. Place vegetables in a large soup pot --cover with water and bring to boil for 10 minutes then add onion soup mix and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. It freezes well. I season it with Lemon Pepper.  You can add seasoning and herbs if you like.  It's good and filling.  Hope you try it.  You all take care.  God Bless.  Ginnyjane 

August 7, 2005, 7:15 pm CDT

good evening

HI TO ALL;  Lois; Glad to have you back.  I am another one who would rather look at water.  My daughter is doing really good.  She is on a regular diet--is learning which foods go Thu her too fast--but she is feeling great.  She is back to work---not full time but tries to put in 3 to 4 hours a day. 

Thank you for asking. 

Ginnyjane; your soup sounds very good--similar to one I make---the only difference is I use tomato juice instead of regular tomatoes---going to try it your way. 

Dolores;  Your right ---your cake is sinful.   Won't try it now---I have been pretty good with food choices.   Have slips once in awhile but most of the time doing ok. 

Now if I can just that exercise thing going---I might be ok. 

After church this morning--I watered my garden--getting to be a daily thing.  Temp just got into the upper 80's today.  Feels good to have doors and windows open.  I am very happy we have air condition but would rather have fresh air.   Hope everyone will have a good week---I am still trying to read---not much success. 

ONE DAY AT AT A TIME----Jane 

August 7, 2005, 7:50 pm CDT

Lois

Quote From: texmeme

Great to see you back Lois.  We missed you.  I am glad to be home to.  Vacations are nice but it is always good to return home.  I had a nice visit with my sister and brother.  Everyone was quite surprised to see me, as I weighed about a 100 pounds less than the last time they saw me.  I always enjoy my trips back down south, but Alaska is home now.  Two of my children are here so that makes a big difference.  If something happened to my husband, I would most likely go back as it would be cheaper.  We have a little house there that would be fine for me.  (no rent or payments).LOL 

later,  Dolores 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last