Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 7:23 pm CDT

I'm back

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Hey, Welcome to the board. I think you have come to the right place. All the ladies here are nice ones. :) Start reading Dr. Phils book. That is very important. And exercise is also very important.

I am so glad the boards are back. It really helps to be accountable. I have to start reading the book again--I promised> LOL I will have to admit I haven't been doing to well on the food lately, I think I need to clean out the junk. My daughter and granddaughter started on a diet this week, so that will be helpful for me to. AGAIN WELCOME. Dolores

Found you again and will give you a little information.

First, I will find my Dr. Phil Book and begin reading.

Next, my exercise for upper body will be limited for the time being but not for long.  I will get a pacemaker on Friday - day surgery, and start reading.  Walking and Pilates on the Ball should also be on my menu next week.

For the rest of this week I am run ragged getting my den in order and everything caught up to take a few easy days after the surgery.

Will check in tomorrow to see what you have in mind.  I would like to lose 25 pounds, how about the rest of you.

AJ

July 26, 2005, 2:53 pm CDT

Good luck AJ

Quote From: ready_able

Found you again and will give you a little information.

First, I will find my Dr. Phil Book and begin reading.

Next, my exercise for upper body will be limited for the time being but not for long. I will get a pacemaker on Friday - day surgery, and start reading. Walking and Pilates on the Ball should also be on my menu next week.

For the rest of this week I am run ragged getting my den in order and everything caught up to take a few easy days after the surgery.

Will check in tomorrow to see what you have in mind. I would like to lose 25 pounds, how about the rest of you.

AJ

Just want to say I wish you well with your surgery.  I'm sure you'll have to take it a little easy for a few days.  Always so much to do trying to get ready for surgery when we know it's coming up.  Emergency surgeries we just get through without all the preparation so what you don't get done will be there for later.  Will keep our eyes open for your posting.  Joy

July 26, 2005, 4:18 pm CDT

HI DOLORES AND ALL

Thanks Ginnyjane, Vacations are always nice, but it is always good to get back home (where it isn't so HOT) LOL I need to get back in the book to. I promised Joy on a post earlier that I would start, but haven't gotten started yet. I am glad everyone was able to keep in touch while the boards were down. I hope Jane and Lois makes it back soon to. Wish we could get a few more.

Later, Dolores

I'm hoping to get back to the book--I know Joy, I promised to start but I haven't yet:-(  --so I'm even with Dolores. I e-mailed Jane and she said that she was having trouble re-registering. Said she had not received an e-mail from Dr. Phil; I sent her a copy of mine to see if it would help her.  No answer so far. Haven't seen/heard hide nor hair of Lois.  My cousin whom I got started on Dr. Phil has just given up. She's trying someone's Six Weeks Body molding.(she weighs over 200lbs LOL.)  I have got rid of junk snacks and no cookies or ice cream--(but I still have peanut butter) I'll try! I'll try!!   God Bless   Ginnyjane

July 26, 2005, 6:30 pm CDT

Hey Everyone

Quote From: ginnyjane

I'm hoping to get back to the book--I know Joy, I promised to start but I haven't yet:-( --so I'm even with Dolores. I e-mailed Jane and she said that she was having trouble re-registering. Said she had not received an e-mail from Dr. Phil; I sent her a copy of mine to see if it would help her. No answer so far. Haven't seen/heard hide nor hair of Lois. My cousin whom I got started on Dr. Phil has just given up. She's trying someone's Six Weeks Body molding.(she weighs over 200lbs LOL.) I have got rid of junk snacks and no cookies or ice cream--(but I still have peanut butter) I'll try! I'll try!! God Bless Ginnyjane

How is everyone doing today?  I finally started the book yesterday afternoon.  I haven't finished the first chapter yet.  I hope Jane and Lois make it back.  We need more people on here to help us out. :)  I understand junk and snacks.  yep, I still have the peanut butter to.  :)  One of my favorites, and I love almond butter to.  It is on the Dr. phil food list tho. (the reduced fat kind)

ABLE READY--Hope your surgery goes well.  I had surgery in April and haven't exercised since then, but my intentions is to start on August First.  I do really miss it and feel much better and more limber when I do.  Well guess I better get off here and read "THE BOOK" FOR A WHILE.  Dolores

July 27, 2005, 1:09 pm CDT

Thank you all

Quote From: ulnamn

Just want to say I wish you well with your surgery.  I'm sure you'll have to take it a little easy for a few days.  Always so much to do trying to get ready for surgery when we know it's coming up.  Emergency surgeries we just get through without all the preparation so what you don't get done will be there for later.  Will keep our eyes open for your posting.  Joy

Thanks Joy,

I am anxious to get going and reclaim fitness and get rid of some weight.  What have you all been doing and how is the weight loss going.  I am excited to be here and tired of hearing, "you don't want to lose weight at your age".  What exercises do you do? and how is the diet working?  Have not started it yet and am ready for any suggestions - do they have suggested menus?

July 27, 2005, 1:13 pm CDT

Delores

How is everyone doing today?  I finally started the book yesterday afternoon.  I haven't finished the first chapter yet.  I hope Jane and Lois make it back.  We need more people on here to help us out. :)  I understand junk and snacks.  yep, I still have the peanut butter to.  :)  One of my favorites, and I love almond butter to.  It is on the Dr. phil food list tho. (the reduced fat kind)

ABLE READY--Hope your surgery goes well.  I had surgery in April and haven't exercised since then, but my intentions is to start on August First.  I do really miss it and feel much better and more limber when I do.  Well guess I better get off here and read "THE BOOK" FOR A WHILE.  Dolores

Hi Delores,

Glad to have met you all and hope we can shed some pounds together.  My surgery will not set me back and I will begin Monday.  I want to keep up with you gals so can you give me an outline of how you all work together to do and report what works?

aj

July 27, 2005, 1:18 pm CDT

Hi Joy

You are such a great group.  Monday I will be raring to go (on the computer) not quite running laps.  What do you all do?

July 27, 2005, 1:18 pm CDT

Hi Joy

You are such a great group.  Monday I will be raring to go (on the computer) not quite running laps.  What do you all do?

July 27, 2005, 1:58 pm CDT

Good Afternoon

Did my laundry this morning, baked cookies, and cleaned under my sink....a job I've been going to do every time I see it but now it's done...not dirty but messy.This afternoon I've been cleaning my sewing area and sewed another quilt block. I fell asleep last night while reading "the book". I've read it before more than once but remember after I read it the first time I did put the knowledge and awareness into action.(Pg 6)I have gained back some of my weight and now need to take action before I regain any more....time to get on the losing side! Tomorrow I'm going to check out the gym 3 miles down the road. It just opened this spring. I liked Curves but think I would like to spend at least an hour working out plus this place has treadmills and bikes. They also have an aerobic class for seniors one day a week. I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow. WLCB Joy

P.S.I like having spell check for words such as aerobic!

July 27, 2005, 2:05 pm CDT

Ready and Able

Quote From: ready_able

Did you know you can find personal information about each one by clicking on our user name? Click on "ulnamn" and it will take you to my profiles. I think we might have to write new ones for the new board so I am going to check right now. Joy

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last