Message Boards

Topic : 01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 721
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 12, 2007, 02:20:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues of a 14-year-old girl whose family feared she could end up dead if Dr. Phil didn’t intervene. Alex had been running away, stealing and prostituting herself to men nearly twice her age. Dr. Phil moved Alex; her mother, Kim; her aunt, Enza; and her grandmother, Jeanette, into The Dr. Phil House for this teen intervention. Cameras capture Enza having an inappropriate conversation with Alex, and then starting a fight with Kim in front of the teen. Is the family dynamic the cause of Alex’s behavior? See what leaves Dr. Phil speechless. Next, Alex is sent to a health clinic to be thoroughly tested for sexually transmitted diseases. Dr. Phil and Alex have a one-on-one talk before her test results are revealed. Will Alex’s test results be her wake-up call? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with the two fighting women and shows a video clip that leaves Kim shocked and looking to her sister-in-law for an explanation. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 14, 2007, 10:52 am CST

I am pleading with Dr. Phil

Quote From: kaligirl1969

Enza has problems, it is clear to see that Enza has something against  Alex's mother. If Enza knew for years that the mother has problems and truly does care about Alex, then why didn't she try to help the mother instead of trying to turn Alex against her mother? Enza needs to get her own help or stay out of their lives. There is allot to do now and Enza is only going to make things worse. I think that Dr. Phil should give Enza an ultimatum, either tell her she has to seek counseling for herself to find out why the heck she is trying to make Alex think that she is better than her own mother or get the heck out of the house and never have any contact with Alex and her mother again. Enza is only making things worse. She seems to be like a jealous ex.  Like a husbands ex-wife acts to win over her children because she is jealous of  the relationship that the children and the step- mother have. Or a step- mother that is trying to win over the step-daughter by talking trash against the biological mother to win her over. I believe that all people need a little help and Enza is one of them.

I can't agree with you all more. I think that Enza is toxic to this situation. I can see that Enza is a huge problem and have read almost all of the messages relating to these shows. I have noticed a theme that even I have addressed...Enza. This show is not supposed to be about Enza it is meant to help Alex and her mother.

I hope that Dr Phil will read this. I am pleading with him to take the focus off of Enza. Please please help Alex. I really believe that Alex is going to need Dr. Phil's help and if anyone can help her he can but not if we spend so much time worrying about Enza. All I could hear during the first episode was Enza and it made no sense as to the point of what she was saying. It just sounded like a bunch of teenage raging behavior to me. Let's take the focus off of Enza

January 14, 2007, 12:17 pm CST

You go, Dr Phil

Quote From: shdyhillian

The 1st problem is no father in Alex's life.  The 2nd problem is Enza the BUTTINSKI!  If Enza was truely concerned with Alex then I wouldn't care who or where she fit in the picture..as long as she cared about Alex.  But, I think she is looking for attention and from what I've read, she is the one who contacted the Dr. Phil show, that and the things she says and the way she acts just makes me think she is in it for attention.  Alex needs her father.. lots of counseling and Her Father!  Where is he?  Maybe he will come and help rescue the situation.  It's unfortunate that we can't pick our parents sometimes, Alex's mother is a mess.. and if the old saying is true.. look at someones past lovers and you can tell alot about a person, maybe Alex's father is a mess too.. but Alex needs Big Brothers Big Sisters or some other mentor of the male persuasion. I hope the best for her.. hopefully she will NOT have any STD's.. but if she does that may straighten her up and turn her life around also. However unfortunate it would be.  I'll be watching. 
 It sure looks obvious to your viewers that  the child needs to be  reached no matter what the cost; she  needs to hear the truth about her life.  And unbelievable is her mother's behavior, but Enza is an adult, so her  role in this should be sacrosanct.  Wow,  is it any wonder  that  Alex is so confused?  She sure sounds like  she is shouting from the rooftops for help.  Never fear though  Dr. Phil will save  this child from destroying herself ; however, Enza should be taken totally out of the picture.  Her attitude is poisoned towards Alex and especially Alex's mother.

Betsy

January 15, 2007, 2:55 am CST

The Dr.Phil House:Teen Intervention P.2

It is really sad to see poor Alex, only 14, needing to run away and abusing herself.  She must be a very confused and mixed up young lady, and seeing how dysfunctional the rest of the family is, it all adds to Alex's problems.  I ran away too at her age because of the emotional chaos at my home, but  I didn't abuse myself though through prostitution or anything.  I was away for 3 months.  When I returned Mum wanted to kill me rather than welcome me with open arms. I just thank God that Dr.Phil is there to mediate between Kim and Enza, and perhaps bring them to their senses.  I hope with all my heart that Alex hasn't got any STD's as that would complicate matters for everyone especially young Alex.  

January 15, 2007, 5:44 am CST

01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

Well thank goodness for her she is HIV negative, she's getting another chance, and I hope her Mom can step up to the plate and DO something to change herself.

As for the Aunt, well they have to get far away from her if they want to make any progress I think, okay Enza if you see these posts take the hint, SHUT UP!  You say you have the child's best intrests at heart and who knows maybe she actually does, but you NEVER call down a parent to a child, and you DO NOT get into screaming matches in front of the child, however, Kim has to learn to disengage, you'd be surprised how people like Enza really HATE to lose their target audience when they chose not to engage in their tantrums, its like walking away from your two year old, it soon stops.

But the thing is, I hope that Alex can rise above this now, and get her own head straightened out.  She needs to realize that her mom and Aunts problems and issues belong to them, not her.  But being a kid, she will think its her fault when really its the adults that are failing her in all this.

Take a wait and see I suppose.

January 15, 2007, 6:24 am CST

Enza Needs To GO !

The aunt Enza is absolutely ridiculous - She is making me sick to my stomach.  She is just making this poor girl's life worse! Not that the mother needs some help also but as the saying goes "TO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH !!".  I hope that Dr. Phil can help this family but there seems to be to many problems and I wonder if he can sift through all of this.  There is many more underlying problems that have made this all to come to fruition.

January 15, 2007, 7:06 am CST

01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: cheesenip

I can't agree with you all more. I think that Enza is toxic to this situation. I can see that Enza is a huge problem and have read almost all of the messages relating to these shows. I have noticed a theme that even I have addressed...Enza. This show is not supposed to be about Enza it is meant to help Alex and her mother.

I hope that Dr Phil will read this. I am pleading with him to take the focus off of Enza. Please please help Alex. I really believe that Alex is going to need Dr. Phil's help and if anyone can help her he can but not if we spend so much time worrying about Enza. All I could hear during the first episode was Enza and it made no sense as to the point of what she was saying. It just sounded like a bunch of teenage raging behavior to me. Let's take the focus off of Enza

Although i can see why enza is in some eyes is one who should be removed from this situation,, yet perhaps if you look at it from a different view.  Alex although in a very unhealthy environment has opened up and said more truth to enza then she has to anyone else. For some reason ( only God knows why) Alex seems to feel someone safe or that enza is someone who perhaps is as angry at her mother as she is for not being the type of mother that she wants her to be. In no way does this make it OK that enza says such awe full things about her mother, yet it seems as though Alex has a hard time as is normal in a young woman to tell her mother what she has done to her and how that has hurt and shaped what she does.  And come on we all know that enza is about to get a swift kick in the rear from Dr. Phil. This girl seems  to have men and women who check into her life. the last thing she needs is to have enza leave too.  Yet Dr. Phil does need to tell enza to shut up. think whatever she needs to think. write her feelings down just please stop trying to play the demented therapist with a girl and a family who desperately needs professional help. one last thing i wanted to add.  i grew up in a house with people constantly screaming and when they wouldn't just stop for us kids when i got old enough to go out on my own i turned to drugs just as Alex is turning to men. two different things all coming from the same issue. children to not have the capability to understand that all the yelling is not about them. and when that happens is makes the child's values of themselves become so low. that they search for anything, i mean anything to fill that void that no child should have to fill on there own.  i feel for Alex and i understand her.  Its not about the sex its not about the money, its about being lonely and having no one in her life that will put her first.  ( sorry about the spelling and grammar i am awe full at both. lol)

January 15, 2007, 7:08 am CST

Enza

Good God...Enza is a freak!!  If Alex were my child,  I would ban Enza from her life.  A child doesn't need someone like that in their life...Aunt or no Aunt.

January 15, 2007, 7:30 am CST

Enza is toxic

Oh my God  I wish I was as perfect as Enza.....hahaha  I would remove that woman from my childs life IMMEDIATELY!!  No wonder ALex doesn't like her mother,  with someone like Enza putting her down all the time.  Who the HELL is Enza to judge?  Does she think she is GOD????

January 15, 2007, 7:38 am CST

Why is she still talking?!!

Ok Ok Ok!! My first question is this: If Little Miss Enza cared/cares so much about Alex, then why didnt she step in a long time ago and try to either help her mother or if it was that bad why didnt she try to get custody? I would think that if she was truly concerned about the child, she would have done something about it and stepped in. But no!! She would rather yell and make herself look like an ass in front of all America and lie and say that Alex comes to her with the problems and she is just speaking for her!! Ok, for all of us who is watching or did watch the story, she seems to approach Alex every chance she gets to get her on her side. Every time that she knows Alex is alone she comes in or calls for her to come in and badgers her mother and "bad talks" her. If you watched them in the kitchen when they were going to the clinic, Enza "chased" Alex through the kitchen and was trying to get her to suggest for everybody to get tested at the clinic. That is absolutely ridiculous!! She looked like she was 15 years old!!! It seems to me that she traps her and corners her and makes her believe that its all her mothers fault and that she needs to blame her mother and hate her mother for everything that has happend. My opinion is that ENZA NEEDS TO KEEP HER NOSE OUT OF IT AND SHUT HER MOUTH!! AND I HOPE THAT SHE READS ALL OF THESE POSTINGS AND TAKES SOME OF WHAT WE SAY IN. I feel so sorry for that child. I just wish that everybody would take into some consideration that all of the yelling cussing and pointing fingers is just making the situation worse and if they dont stop, they are going to loose that girl forever!!! GET A LIFE ENZA AND LEAVE THAT FAMILY ALONE TO SIFT THROUGH THEIR OWN PROBLEMS!!!!

January 15, 2007, 7:43 am CST

Get her out!!

That woman Enza....GOOD GRIEF!! Get her OUT of that house and that childs life. Dr. Phil can fix the issues between Alex and her mother, but not as long as Enza is around. She LIKES the trouble, she THRIVES on drama, and she wants a problem to exsist there. If there is no problem between the mom and Alex, Enza is not happy!! GET HER OUT!! KICK HERTO THE CURB!! It's none of her business!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last