Message Boards

Topic : 01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 721
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 12, 2007, 02:20:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues of a 14-year-old girl whose family feared she could end up dead if Dr. Phil didn’t intervene. Alex had been running away, stealing and prostituting herself to men nearly twice her age. Dr. Phil moved Alex; her mother, Kim; her aunt, Enza; and her grandmother, Jeanette, into The Dr. Phil House for this teen intervention. Cameras capture Enza having an inappropriate conversation with Alex, and then starting a fight with Kim in front of the teen. Is the family dynamic the cause of Alex’s behavior? See what leaves Dr. Phil speechless. Next, Alex is sent to a health clinic to be thoroughly tested for sexually transmitted diseases. Dr. Phil and Alex have a one-on-one talk before her test results are revealed. Will Alex’s test results be her wake-up call? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with the two fighting women and shows a video clip that leaves Kim shocked and looking to her sister-in-law for an explanation. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 15, 2007, 7:49 am CST

I don't get it?

I have watched just about every Dr. Phil episode and this is the first time I've felt compelled to post a message.  I feel that Kim is doing what it takes right now.  She knows she's made mistakes, she is admitting to them and is aware that her daughter is suffering due to them.  She is on the DR. PHIL show to get some help, so it is apparent to me that she's made a serious commitment to fixing what is wrong.  My issue is with Enza.  What in the world is she doing and who does she think she is?  She's horribly angry and her destructive behavior is appalling.  What makes her think that she has any say in the way Alex was and is being raised?  What makes her think that her horrible manipulative behavior is doing anything but harm?  She is incredibly immature and has an air of superiority that is laugable.  It is quite obvious that she is a seriously messed up individual who probably needs counseling even more than Alex!  Anyone who is that angry and hateful but claims to be otherwise should take their own inventory before they start taking someone else's.  I will continue to watch and I pray that Dr. Phil puts Enza in her place and shuts her up so that the work that needs to be done to help Kim and Alex can begin.  Alex is a young lady who is obviously hurting and I feel for her.  I have faith in Dr. Phil and I know he will do whatever it takes to help this damaged family.  As far as Enza is concerned, I personally would completely remove her from that family.  She is bad news.

January 15, 2007, 7:56 am CST

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Quote From: henson2

Good God...Enza is a freak!!  If Alex were my child,  I would ban Enza from her life.  A child doesn't need someone like that in their life...Aunt or no Aunt.
Enza has serious, serious issues..........she needs an intervention herself!!!!!!!

January 15, 2007, 7:58 am CST

Enzas attitude

Oh my lord,  Enza needs a reality check...  thats not the way to get anything accomplished....   She is definately a loose cannon.....  Isn't she realizing she is acting worse than a child?

That certainly isn't helping anything..  She is adding to the problems...

If she really wanted to help, she do more listening than talking.....     thats foolish

quinevil

January 15, 2007, 8:04 am CST

Alex needs a positive influence

I have to agree with Henson. Enza has gone too far. It is one thing to be there for a child but to manipulate a child is flat out wrong. It is not appropriate for parents to open children to sex and alcohol. It is flat out verbal Child abuse that Kim is doing to her. I could not imagine no matter what talking to my child like that. Honestly I think Alex should move away from her family and when she is old enough get a legal divorce from her abusive family. If I were Kim I would sit down and find out why she is having sex and do what Dr Phil did in saying she is too good of a kid to let people treat herself as anything else. She has great potential to being a great person and hopes that someone talks to her and helps her build confidence and pride in herself so that she is successful in life as an adult. As a aunt of a teen I am there for my neice but I let her parents be the parents. Also I try to be apositive  example.

January 15, 2007, 8:06 am CST

01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

I have been on here for a few years now and never posted,,,but ENZA has really

ruffled my feathers as a mother of a 16 year old son I feel that this woman should

be the one getting therapy,,,why does she feel she needs to do the things the does and

says,,this woman has really gotten me so angry,,that I now have posted for the first time

GET ENZA A TICKET TO HER WORLD PLEASE!

Tabatha

January 15, 2007, 8:13 am CST

enza

i am worried for alex.  i grew up in an interesting situation and even it wasnt that bad.  does anyone beside me wonder why enza has no children of her own?  the world is divided into two categories of people,  adults with children and adults without.  the ones without will never understand what it is like to have children, to be a parent, just to really have another life dependant upon you.  enza is messing that girl up bad. so what if alex walked in on her mom having sex that is for her MOM  to deal with with her child. every parent has to talk about the birds and the bees sometime it is just a matter of when and how.  enza  needs to get her own life and stop living vicariously through her niece and sister. 

January 15, 2007, 8:21 am CST

I missed the show today, but have looked at everything on the sight.  I read in someone's post that they didn't feel Enza should be taken away because Alex confides in her.  Yes, she does but I believe she sees Enza as a teenage friend and she also tells her the things she does because it takes some heat off of her and sheds more light on her Mom and Enza.  I think she confides in her because she knows it hurts her Mom and more of the focus is on that than what she has been doing.  She knows that Enza tells her Mom atleast some of it, so apparently the purpose is not to keep secrets from her Mom.

I still think Enza needs to leave and from what I saw about the Grandma leaving.  I really hope that doesn't happen.  Enza should be the one leaving.   I hope Dr. Phil will not let this happen.  I'm sure these shows are pre-recorded and everything has already taken place, so hoping that they will read this and makes things happen is wishful thinking!

January 15, 2007, 8:23 am CST

Why Is Enza There?

I assume Enza is in the house to create a drama worthy to watch. After all, no matter how much Dr. Phil is a good doctor who truly wants to help people,  the shows producers or whoever  keeps tabs on the ratings  need to make sure people watch. And I get that, it is after all, a show. That being said.......
 Enza is THE most dysfunctional person there. I don't get why she is there. If the daughter looked up to Aunt Enza as a role model or respected her, then I could see having her there as a supportive, positive adult in the girls' life. But the girl said herself that she did not like how her aunt Enza made her feel. Everyone agreed that for the last 4 years Enza has not really been a part of their lives. Enza even degraded and spoke abusively to the girls'  mom , her brother and even to the girl she claims she want to help !
 No child should ever have to hear derogatory things about their parents from anyone, let alone from a family member!  It doesn't matter if what they are saying is  true or not. They will find out for themselves when they are older and more mature to process that information. Besides, how is telling the child these "truths" helping anyone?
 This woman Ezra is herself a problem in the girl's life. Her behavior is not  "passionate" as I've read some people write . Her behavior is exactly  what it appears to be...Ezra out of control.

January 15, 2007, 8:28 am CST

Toxicity is all this child has...

I'm sure there is some rhyme or reason that Dr. Phil allowed Enza in the house but I am not sure what it is unless he had to because she wrote.  It is obvious that she needs as much or more help than the little girl.  She is a very sick person desperate for attention and grandstanding and unfortunately she has done it for the entire world with her loud twisted mouth and garish arm motions and become more hate-able than Joey Buttafuco once was.  Hopefully she can get help, but she needs to be completely removed from this family once and for all and forever.  She has no business with them and has done as much damage (possibly more?) than the poor parenting.

Aside from the obvious problems of no dad, mom not acting like a mom and living a single wild promiscuous life (sorry parents, all that has to end when you give birth, you HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU LIVE – its not about you anymore), there are other glaring things.  Such as, why is this LITTLE BABY (13 is a BABY, not even a teenager) using a computer without parental supervision and time limits?  Why is she leaving the house E-VER without supervision?  She's been doing it so long; it would now be hard to turn back with her.  She thinks she is grown or at least a full-fledged teen. My almost 16 yo son doesn't do that and he is not a stick in the mud or a nerd, but a healthy popular kid.  Our computer is in the family room – no kid should have a computer in a private room and it should be checked and discussed regularly.  Even if they are good, do you trust EVERYONE IN THE WORLD with a computer?

I really hate that it took this to help this girl, clearly something drastic needs to be done but her face has been on television and even if she gets help, will she ever recover from the gossip?  It is just unbelievable that this happens to a kid so young.  She doesn't know how to answer the questions she is asked because she is a little girl, she doesn't know anything yet, even though she thinks she does.  She can still be saved and I hope she is.

I truly believe that while it is good a therapist is helping Alex, her mom and her grandma, in no part of Enza's soul does she have this child's best interest at heart.  Writing the letter, behaving the way she does, she is obnoxious and painfully sick. I doubt though after seeing herself on television (and everyone she knows seeing it) she will feel quite so high and mighty and maybe underneath all the despicable qualities she has displayed after she gets the help she needs she can go on and become a good person, but she needs to get away from this family and never contact them again.  The mother needs to start being a mother and her first task is to cut this toxic woman out of her life, admit she has failed and do the hard work it takes to learn to be a mother.  Better late than never.

Hoping it all works and blessings to all involved,

Leslie

January 15, 2007, 8:28 am CST

Quote From: grimasse

i am worried for alex.  i grew up in an interesting situation and even it wasnt that bad.  does anyone beside me wonder why enza has no children of her own?  the world is divided into two categories of people,  adults with children and adults without.  the ones without will never understand what it is like to have children, to be a parent, just to really have another life dependant upon you.  enza is messing that girl up bad. so what if alex walked in on her mom having sex that is for her MOM  to deal with with her child. every parent has to talk about the birds and the bees sometime it is just a matter of when and how.  enza  needs to get her own life and stop living vicariously through her niece and sister. 
It states in Enza's profile that she has 2 children of her own.  That's what makes it even worse IMO.  Can you imagine how she treats her children?  I'm sure they are terrified of her.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last