Message Boards

Topic : 01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 721
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 12, 2007, 02:20:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues of a 14-year-old girl whose family feared she could end up dead if Dr. Phil didn’t intervene. Alex had been running away, stealing and prostituting herself to men nearly twice her age. Dr. Phil moved Alex; her mother, Kim; her aunt, Enza; and her grandmother, Jeanette, into The Dr. Phil House for this teen intervention. Cameras capture Enza having an inappropriate conversation with Alex, and then starting a fight with Kim in front of the teen. Is the family dynamic the cause of Alex’s behavior? See what leaves Dr. Phil speechless. Next, Alex is sent to a health clinic to be thoroughly tested for sexually transmitted diseases. Dr. Phil and Alex have a one-on-one talk before her test results are revealed. Will Alex’s test results be her wake-up call? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with the two fighting women and shows a video clip that leaves Kim shocked and looking to her sister-in-law for an explanation. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 15, 2007, 8:41 am CST

Enza

Enza should not be any where in the family picture, She does not have children of her own and knows nothing about being a mother, and is trying to get control over Alex.

January 15, 2007, 9:26 am CST

01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

I am really upset about this aunt who has really been disrupted in the relationship with Alex and her mother Kim. Personally I believe that this woman needs to be out of this girls life. It seems to me that she's trying so hard to break up this family. Dr. Phil I respect you and know that you will help this mother and daughter put their lives back together, please make the right decision to do it without the aunt, but without downing the aunt to the daughter. My belief is that you can say that you just don't think that the aunt has her best interest in heart at this moment, and that she just needs to work on herself and the relationship with her mom. You can see that her mom loves her,( she just needs to say more often, then no one can come in to make it seems different), and that Kim just been through things that should not be held against her, she just needs help.

January 15, 2007, 9:36 am CST

THE AUNT HAS GOT TO GO

I am a single mother of two boys granted I have not had any girls of my own, however I have had many girls in my life. The Aunt in this situation the aunt is causing more harm then good. To begin with who the hell put this women on the pedistall she is on? They need to take her back down on. I feel with doctor Phil help the mother and doughter could work this out. I think the Aunt is a selfish selfserving person. To Alex there is no one like your mother we all make bad choices in life if she is willing to correct her mistakes she is deserving of your respect no matter what happens in this world you have one mother she can not be replaced by anyone or anything. You are not so young that you do not understand that give your mother another chance and tell your aunt to stay out of your business. I can not think of any other advice that will help you more.

January 15, 2007, 10:56 am CST

Not sure what to do about Enza

I do agree that Enza is a big trouble maker, but I think that she should stay in the Dr. Phil house.  I think there are alot of issues that need to be worked out obviously.  But I think if you pull Enza out of Alex's life then the next time she has a fight with her mom, or a problem she is going to go running to Enza.  Then the drama starts all over again.  Enza and Kim need to find some common ground to work on and stop pointing fingers because Alex will never get on the right track if these two continue what they are doing.

January 15, 2007, 11:27 am CST

Could Enza be anymore of a fraud?

I am sorry but I have seen better actresses in low budget films. I don't feel that Enza is there out of concern for Alex. I believe she is there to be on television period. To me she acts so phony that it is sickening. She has to be the center of attention and in doing so is taking attention away from the one person that needs it most, Alex. This woman is a complete drama queen. I am so sick of her already. I feel that she is doing more harm than good. She is in the Dr.Phil house to play a role and in return get her fifteen minutes of fame. Just look at her. She seems almost scripted and nobody is naturally so animated. I think she should be booted out of the house and the sooner the better. That way instead of having a day time soap opera unfolding Alex and her mother can work on the REAL issues and get help.

January 15, 2007, 11:55 am CST

Enza - Annoying and time to go

I am really surprised that Enza is still in the house.  I think she is nothing but negative activity.  I don't feel she is a positive influence.  I am surprised that doctor Phil even allows her to be there.  All she is doing is turning her mother against her.  Sad - very sad.  She is a "Sister-in-Law" - where is her husband in this?  What is his point of view on how she is treating her sister?

January 15, 2007, 12:10 pm CST

Enza out of control

Quote From: kaligirl1969

Enza has problems, it is clear to see that Enza has something against  Alex's mother. If Enza knew for years that the mother has problems and truly does care about Alex, then why didn't she try to help the mother instead of trying to turn Alex against her mother? Enza needs to get her own help or stay out of their lives. There is allot to do now and Enza is only going to make things worse. I think that Dr. Phil should give Enza an ultimatum, either tell her she has to seek counseling for herself to find out why the heck she is trying to make Alex think that she is better than her own mother or get the heck out of the house and never have any contact with Alex and her mother again. Enza is only making things worse. She seems to be like a jealous ex.  Like a husbands ex-wife acts to win over her children because she is jealous of  the relationship that the children and the step- mother have. Or a step- mother that is trying to win over the step-daughter by talking trash against the biological mother to win her over. I believe that all people need a little help and Enza is one of them.

Enza does need serious help. She is a big part of the problem. I wish Dr. Phil would question her motives. Doesn't she have her own life? She brought the problem forward and Alex and her mother are getting help, so there is no reason for Enza to stick around being loud, nasty, and out of control. This is what I picture "roid rage" to be like.  I think I'd likely get a restraining order against her.

January 15, 2007, 12:18 pm CST

Enza

Enza is nothing more than a condescending drama queen!! I would not let a woman like that around my children! She lies and contradicts herself and I really hope that when she sees herself on t.v. that she is horrified and embarrassed!!! How can she not see that HER attitude is a huge part of the problem, I think that she just wants her 15 minutes, and that she will very displeased with the result, because pretty much everyone that sees her will agree that SHE is out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 15, 2007, 12:42 pm CST

ENZA...wow!!!

Is she serious!?!  Her behavior is absolutely rediculous!  She is embarrasing herself and I hope she realizes that at some point and changes her behavior.

Obviously this family needs help, I believe that the mother is really trying to better the situation, although she has made mistakes, she admits that!  I always say that you have to live in the here and now..not in the past, but do what you can now to better today and hopefully the future.

I do not believe that Enza is helping at all and if she wants to continute to give her 2 cents (more like 20000 cents) she needs to learn how to give healthy/positive criticism!

January 15, 2007, 12:43 pm CST

01/15 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 2

It seems this show is all about Enza and her spewing.  I really question why she is present in the house - I thought this was an intervention for the young girl.  Enza needs an intervention (and alot of help) of her own. 

I had to turn the show off - her voice was going right through me.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last