Message Boards

Topic : 03/14 Mr. Wrong

Number of Replies: 264
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 12, 2007, 02:25:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/18/07) Criminals, deadbeats and bad boys -- most women run from these types of men, but some say Mr. Wrong is the right guy for them. Kelly says her daughter, Heather, married Mr. Wrong, and the price she paid was losing her children. Kelly says Heather's husband, Earl, is an unfit father and can't provide for the family. Heather, 25, says she stands by her 41-year-old husband and wants her parents to stop sabotaging her marriage. Are Heather and Earl really unfit parents, or does Earl deserve a second chance? Then, Sarah, 29, says she's been married to three men in prison, and her current husband is serving a life sentence for murder. Even more shocking, she often takes her two young daughters to visit their step-dad behind bars, and she says they love to see him. Why is Sarah drawn to this type of man? Sarah's mom weighs in on her daughter's love life. And, a woman who gave up nearly 20 years of her life for a man in jail has an important message for Sarah. Will Sarah feel differently after meeting Darlene? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 18, 2007, 8:41 am CST

All By Accident.........I think not!

Quote From: lvacffeshp

My Opinion:  Kelly is MANIPULATIVE and EVIL and should NOT have custody of those kids.  There are many confused situations for whatever reason.  If these children were with foster parents who had no emotional involvement with this family..... THEY WOULD ENCOURAGE HEALTHY VISITATION BETWEEN A MOTHER AND CHILD.  It's like Kelly USES THIS TO TORMENT AND CONTROL HEATHER.  I don't agree with some of Earl's behavior and there are alot of accidents, unusual ACCIDENTS that happen with kids.  But it's not like Earl said:  "Well kid, here's some lighter fluid go play with it  and here's the matches."  Accidents happen.  And alot of times non medical people DON'T KNOW when to take the kids to the Dr.  Although I may not agree with everything about Earl and Heather.... I feel sorry for Heather and having to have such an evil Mother..... Any mother who will not nuture a relationship between a Mother and children is EVIL.  Kelly is evil and I have no other word.  THIS IS ONE THING I HATE ABOUT OUR LEGAL SYSTEM.  ACCIDENTS get the same penalties as CRIMINALS WHO SIT AND PREMEDITATE THESE SORTS OF THINGS.  Maybe you need another mother Heather.  You need to be adopted.

OK, so let's assume that the lighter fluid incident was an accident......

So how about a man living without an income, no electricity, charges for cruelty to a family cat, which I'm sure the children had a bond, not seeking medical attention for a 4-year-old, and filthy living conditions.

Nope, doesn't sound like it all happened by accident.  Simply sounds like a case of not taking responsibility for one's actions without regard for the innocent. 

Although we only know what was presented on the show it was enough for me to question both parents' ability to protect their children. 

I think Kelly and her husband are doing the only thing they know how to do to protect their grandchildren.  I give Kelly credit for stepping up to the plate to avoid having her grandchildren in the foster care system, which we all know is not perfect.  Although there are many wonderful, loving foster families (have one living next door), there are an equal number of foster homes that are sub par and downright dangerous.  I would question any grandparent's character for not doing the same, with senior health problems excluded of course.  I'm sure Kelly didn't plan on spending her golden years starting over raising children but thank heaven that she is.  And to say they are doing it for $246.00/month in disability and child support (Which is based on the parent(s) ability to pay.), is ridiculous and an insult to the rest of us parents that know what it costs to raise healthy, well-fed, educated and socially stimulated children. 

Maybe one day Earl and Heather can petition the court for visitation, but the courts obviously have enough evidence at this point in time to sever the relationship. 

January 18, 2007, 8:55 am CST

It should be all about the kids.

My opinion is that the kids are getting the raw end of the deal here. I'm glad that Kelly was able to rescue her grandchildren. Earl just does not seem to be father material. I have 2 grown children. I will never understand a mother like Heather. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.I feel that Sarah is making a mistake taking her daughters to visit a man in prison. I can't help but think it will have a negative effect on them as they grow older. They are innocent now, but when they become pre-teens and teens they will look at this differently. I'd worry that they would not have good judgement about boys and men. I would look at these situations from a totally different point of view if children were not involved.

January 18, 2007, 9:02 am CST

01/18 Mr. Wrong

Quote From: coopjake

So how about a man living without an income, no electricity, charges for cruelty to a family cat, which I'm sure the children had a bond, not seeking medical attention for a 4-year-old, and filthy living conditions.

Nope, doesn't sound like it all happened by accident.  Simply sounds like a case of not taking responsibility for one's actions without regard for the innocent. 

Although we only know what was presented on the show it was enough for me to question both parents' ability to protect their children. 

I think Kelly and her husband are doing the only thing they know how to do to protect their grandchildren.  I give Kelly credit for stepping up to the plate to avoid having her grandchildren in the foster care system, which we all know is not perfect.  Although there are many wonderful, loving foster families (have one living next door), there are an equal number of foster homes that are sub par and downright dangerous.  I would question any grandparent's character for not doing the same, with senior health problems excluded of course.  I'm sure Kelly didn't plan on spending her golden years starting over raising children but thank heaven that she is.  And to say they are doing it for $246.00/month in disability and child support (Which is based on the parent(s) ability to pay.), is ridiculous and an insult to the rest of us parents that know what it costs to raise healthy, well-fed, educated and socially stimulated children. 

Maybe one day Earl and Heather can petition the court for visitation, but the courts obviously have enough evidence at this point in time to sever the relationship. 

It would appear that this person has another agenda here. Maybe she's speaking from a past experience on her part. The show hasn't aired where I live yet,  but I read the website and I didn't get the impression the grandmother is evil. Just trying to do what is best for the kids. And what kind of idiot would let a small child suffer burns like that, without seeking medical attention? I'm not a medical person either but I know when to take a child to the doctor for a burn like that!!!

January 18, 2007, 9:08 am CST

01/18 Mr. Wrong

Quote From: mistyc

In my 20's I was drawn to losers like a moth to a flame.  They were all looking for a "good woman" to help them "change their ways" Yeah right.  I was cheated on, slapped around, lost hundreds of dollars paying their bills.  I wised up and kicked my last and final loser to the curb. The difference between me and these women is that I NEVER drug an innocent child into my stupidity.  I finally married a wonderful man and we have a one year old daughter.  He is a wonderful role model for the baby, he works hard and he loves and respects me. 

What right to I have to judge these women you may ask.  I am a mother and it pisses me off to see women that are so cavalier with their children's futures.  The first relationship with a man a little girl has is the relationship with her father, and it should be a wonderful loving healthy relationship.  She should grow up demanding that the men she date treat her as well as her daddy does.

I am the most laid back person in the world, if your gay that's fine with me, if your muslim I don't automatically assume you're a crazed terroist.  However women that don't stick up for their children make my blood boil.  And yes I am including the woman that takes her daughters to prison to visit a murderer in my statements.

I stick up for my children. I am a better Mom than most. I am very involved in their lives. My husband is not a "loser", so my situation is not like yours. My husband is a caring, loving and thoughful father to my babies. You say your laid back and dont assume things, however you are assuming i dont stick up for my kids because I visit my husband in a prison. My family is full of love and warmth. My children's future is bright and full of oppurtunities, I make sure of that. Just because you dated "losers" doesnt mean that I do. Ive never been cheated on, slapped around, etc by any of my boyfriends (in or out). And dont you think its better in that respect to be with someone inside so my daughters may never have to see that? How can you judge solely based on your experiences? You say the relationship between a man and daughter should be a wonderful loving healthy relationship... what makes you think my daughters dont have that?

January 18, 2007, 9:36 am CST

Animal Cruelty

Quote From: coopjake

Signs of animal cruelty are a red flag right there.  It foreshadows murderous and anti-social behavior in adulthood.  And that's not a healthy thing to do if you are an adult...just a matter of time until he does the same to a human.  She needs to extricate herself from this train wreck of a relationship ASAP!

January 18, 2007, 9:44 am CST

Have a question...

There are good men out in this world, like myself, as well as good women out in this world. But why is it that good women love bad men, & why is it that good men love bad women? That's what I don't seem to get. Whenever a man/woman has been cheated on constantly, being abused, or anything else, that good person still happens to love them & still be with them. Talk about having low self esteem! For me, I like good women, as well as bad ones too (but only to help them & change them). I don't judge or condemn anyone, just always like to help them out.

January 18, 2007, 10:30 am CST

01/18 Mr. Wrong

Quote From: manofgoods

There are good men out in this world, like myself, as well as good women out in this world. But why is it that good women love bad men, & why is it that good men love bad women? That's what I don't seem to get. Whenever a man/woman has been cheated on constantly, being abused, or anything else, that good person still happens to love them & still be with them. Talk about having low self esteem! For me, I like good women, as well as bad ones too (but only to help them & change them). I don't judge or condemn anyone, just always like to help them out.

Why do good men love bad women?

Why do good women love bad men?

There is no one size fits all answer to those questions. For every person has a reason for making the choices that they do. You say you like to help and change them. What if they don't want to change?

January 18, 2007, 10:33 am CST

Your kidding right

Quote From: sedusa88

I stick up for my children. I am a better Mom than most. I am very involved in their lives. My husband is not a "loser", so my situation is not like yours. My husband is a caring, loving and thoughful father to my babies. You say your laid back and dont assume things, however you are assuming i dont stick up for my kids because I visit my husband in a prison. My family is full of love and warmth. My children's future is bright and full of oppurtunities, I make sure of that. Just because you dated "losers" doesnt mean that I do. Ive never been cheated on, slapped around, etc by any of my boyfriends (in or out). And dont you think its better in that respect to be with someone inside so my daughters may never have to see that? How can you judge solely based on your experiences? You say the relationship between a man and daughter should be a wonderful loving healthy relationship... what makes you think my daughters dont have that?

I think that because you are married to a convicted criminal that will never see freedom again.  He can never teach your daughter's how to ride their bike, or read them a bed time story, and he is not someone they can be proud off and brag on to their friends.  He will never be able to hold their little hand and walk them to class, he will never be able to take them out on a "date".  All these things are so important, and it is sad that you refuse to see it

January 18, 2007, 10:33 am CST

01/18 Mr. Wrong

Quote From: mistyc

Please tell me your post was a joke.  Heather and Earl weren't fit to raise animals and you are suggesting that there children be returned to them because "accidents happen"

No, Misty C this is not a joke.  I am NOT suggesting that the children be returned to Heather and Earl at this time.  I AM SUGGESTING THEY RECEIVE VISITATION.  I think it IS WRONG for Cliff and Kelly to use the children as a PAWN or a WEAPON.  )   So Kelly takes on Heather's 3 children, but THROWS HEATHER AWAY like she is a piece of garbage.  THIS I DON'T AGREE WITH.   ALL KELLY'S GOOD DEEDS to me are canceled out by her refusing to let Heather around her children.  I mean look at the other guy... a guy in prison has visitation with 2 little girls that aren't even his????  Now we have a mother who chose to be a mother who wants to see her kids.....  IF THE FOSTER PARENTS WERE NOT EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED IN THE SITUATION:  SHE WOULD BE ALLOWED TO SEE THEM.

Yes, I agree there are things that need to be dealt with, with Earl and Heather, BUT HEATHER DESERVES TO SEE HER KIDS.  And if not:  MAYBE KELLY DOESN'T DESERVE TO SEE HEATHER SO SHE CAN FEEL WHAT SHE IS DOING TO HEATHER......  regardless of Heather's cleanliness issues........

January 18, 2007, 10:42 am CST

01/18 Mr. Wrong

Quote From: cissie88

Why do good men love bad women?

Why do good women love bad men?

There is no one size fits all answer to those questions. For every person has a reason for making the choices that they do. You say you like to help and change them. What if they don't want to change?

If they don't want to change, then I would pray for them that they will, & I still wouldn't give up on them. After all, people change over time.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last