Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 21, 2007, 5:37 am CST

I hope the pedopliles are caught!

I DO hope that Copus catches the men who have been preying on Alex. I have also been wondering about the Grandma. I'm not trying to say anything bad about her. I believe that she is really worried about Alex. I've kept up with the shows, and she hasn't said a lot. I think she might have been more vocal if not for Enza.On the other hand , as vocal as Enza has been, I think she had to be there in order to bring out a lot of aspects of the whole thing. Imagine the shows without her. I'm very hopeful that Alex will get the help that she needs. She's got her whole life ahead of her. There are so many good ,positive things that she may experience. She can put this part of her life behind her and move on to bigger and better things.

January 21, 2007, 6:19 am CST

Kim is the Scapegoat Here

As an adult child of an alcoholic, I see in this family a familiar pattern: the scapegoating of one family member to draw attention away from the real problem: the alcoholic parent. I'm not saying that the daughter's problems aren't serious, because they are. There is a lot of denial here, and taking sides. It is obvious that toxic behavior is taking place between all three adults. Even the seemingly sweet and quiet grandmother is siding with Kim against Enza. Enza is a drama queen who acts like she has "all the answers." Why the heck is she there in the first place? Doesn't she have a family of her to worry about? Like a husband and kids? By far, she is the most obnoxious of the group. Alex is a troubled teen, but I see a lot of potential there. I don't think it's too late for her. If her mother can get it together, as in going to rehab, this sweet young girl may have a chance. She may be making a lot of bad choices, but at least she doesn't have a fould mouth like a lot of the teens paraded in front of the Dr. Phil cameras.

January 21, 2007, 6:56 am CST

Enza is a rageaholic

"The girl deserves a chance for a normal life, and if it takes being placed with Enza, that should be the best thing that could happen.  She seems to care fro the girl, and the teen will listen to Enza." ......................Quote from angell

You've got to be kidding me! You think placing a teenage girl in the home of a proven rageaholic is better? Addiction is addiction and rage is just another addiction. Butter isn't going to melt in the mouth of Enza on Monday's show as she moves along to bully another target....Jeanette. Don't fall for it people, and remember this is real life for Alex, Kim and Jeanette. Let's hope Dr. Phil finds and pays for a good therapist for the only people that matter. Enza buzz off, you aren't to be trusted.     

January 21, 2007, 7:40 am CST

Indifferent

Enza needs Anger management!  She has some real underlying issues that need to be addressed, kim and Alex are just the rocks that get all her abuse.  Alex and Kim need to find ways to begin mending fences and healing.

January 21, 2007, 8:17 am CST

Thanks

THANK YOU DR. PHIL!!!

Thanks for having shows like this time and again. There are so many family members like Enza, who don’t know what to do. I am in a similar situation. I did the wrong things, but I tried to do something. One therapist, working thru the school, quit after meeting so much resistance, from the family member of teens he was trying to help. Thanks, Dr Phil for your dedication and innovation in treating families.

January 21, 2007, 8:19 am CST

Enza!

Can someone please fill me in?  How is Enza related to this family?  Is she the sister of Alex's father?  If so where is he?  Why has no one mentioned her father and why he is absent from this process?!  Couldn't the absence of a father figure have any impact on why this child turns to random men for comfort and acceptance?  No one has explained why this aunt is so involved in this child's life.  She is clearly toxic.

January 21, 2007, 9:22 am CST

like all the rest

Quote From: ascott61430

Despite what issues that are among this family the focus needs to be on Alex. This problem will not cease until Dr. Phil pulls her aside away from the mom and the cameras and digs deep into this girls past. The average girl that may have seen her mother act in this behavior does not fallow in her footsteps. She will typically find it appalling rather than impressing. Someone needs to find out what happened to Alex as a child for her to act out in this manor would suggest she at some point in time was stripped of her innocents and possible molested as a younger child.

The signs are clear, no 14-15 year old acts this way unless something prior to this event had happened. This is her way of placing the hurt and blame on someone else.  Other issues need to be addressed, she will not speak of the event unless she feels safe and secure of her surroundings. No cameras, no Mom and patient doctor confidentiality exist. She will not come out on national television so as long as you are filming she will not breathe a word of the truth.

I thought i would go off about Enza until i read the other letters, she is wicked and we need to know more about her and where she really comes into play. She needs help as much as Alex and her mother, Kim.

January 21, 2007, 10:24 am CST

Toxic Aunt

The Aunt is definetly part of the problem. She should be concentrating on her own family issues. Maybe she has too much time on her hands. The grandmother is caught in the middle of her daughters. Not a safe place to be. Enza back off and let your sister and her daughter deal with their problems. Your intervention is making a very toxic soup. One that you may not be able to get out of in order to save your relationship with your sister and your Mother.  The conversations that you are having with your neice about her mother are very unhealthy. How would you feel if someone spoke to one of your children about you in the same manner in which you are doing? Do you have a perfect relationship with your children? Back off for the sake of your sister, her daughter and your Mother.

January 21, 2007, 10:32 am CST

Tthe Dr. Phil House Teen Intervention

I think they should send Enza home beause she can't be nice and is only making things worse! They need to have Alex talk to women has prosituted and let her see what will happen to her if she keeps it up. She will end up like the girl on The Maury Show did, pregnant and that gilr had to get away from her pimp and he wasn't going to let her go. They helped her with getting back into school, finding a house and paying her rentfor 6 months and taking care of her baby. Alex really does need a serious wake up call throuh and so doesn't her mother!

January 21, 2007, 11:25 am CST

Alex has issues

Quote From: ascott61430

Despite what issues that are among this family the focus needs to be on Alex. This problem will not cease until Dr. Phil pulls her aside away from the mom and the cameras and digs deep into this girls past. The average girl that may have seen her mother act in this behavior does not fallow in her footsteps. She will typically find it appalling rather than impressing. Someone needs to find out what happened to Alex as a child for her to act out in this manor would suggest she at some point in time was stripped of her innocents and possible molested as a younger child.

The signs are clear, no 14-15 year old acts this way unless something prior to this event had happened. This is her way of placing the hurt and blame on someone else.  Other issues need to be addressed, she will not speak of the event unless she feels safe and secure of her surroundings. No cameras, no Mom and patient doctor confidentiality exist. She will not come out on national television so as long as you are filming she will not breathe a word of the truth.

I agree with you ; the focus needs to be on Alex first. It is true that you have an over concerned aunt here whom I think has other reasons for her involvement. There are clearly issues between the aunt and mother and the poor child is being pulled apart in two different directions. This is only harming the child and confusing her more. The aunt's concern did bring this matter to the attention of the Dr. Phil show, so be thankful for that. Could be each of these adults have issues within themselves and their frustration is being taken out on this child. Only the Doctor will be able to find this out through talking to them individually. Too many children are being abused in this country and going unnoticed. I praise the aunt for taking the courage to step in like she has. In todays world a 14-15 year old is like having an adult in your house. Alex is not modeling what she See's in her home; Alex is doing what she wants to do for the attention that she feels she needs in her life at this time. Next we will be reading that Alex is pregnant and the state will be taking care of Alex and her baby. Nothing this mother can do now will help this child unless they come together as a family and all want to help not only Alex but themselves. This child will never change if she knows she has a aunt to turn to every time she messes up. Alex needs to stop blaming others and take responsibility for her own actions. Something that you are never too old to learn. If the aunt wants to help Alex, she needs to back off and only be there for Alex as a person of interest and not a person with a vendetta,

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last