Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 25, 2007, 5:19 pm CST

Enza

Quote From: lukeandkodie

Hi all,

I don't know how you feel but this is the most frustrating Dr. Phil series I have ever seen. I am sure he has his reasons but I sat through 2 episodes of this show thinking for the first time watching Dr. Phil that "this must be for ratings". I have watched Dr. Phil and/or his team intevene when an obese man complained in the house because the other houseguests refused to allow him to eat unless he showered, yet he allowed the kitchen fight to go on and on between Enza and Kim without intervention, no matter how it was affecting Alex. The key words that upset me were Enza saying "Look what you raised!" while pointing to Alex. Kim was in no way shape or form being as nasty and /or irresponsible as Enza. I cannot stand this woman and if she were part of my life I would ban her from being anywhere near my children. She is a destructive influence and should be treated as so.

That brings me to my next point. How is Enza related? I think once I heard Sister-in-Law and if that is the case then where is her brother in this whole scheme and why does she only blame Kim for Alex's problems? Enza is such a self righteous know it all she makes me want to scream through the TV. I want to tell Kim "Get her out of your life" she is not doing any good. I think Dr. Phil has let Enza go way too far without reigning her in. Kim keeps a fairly even temper while this woman trashes her to anyone that will listen as well as her own daughter. I don't think I could be so gracious. Kim, get a backbone and kick this woman to the curb!

Additionally, Enza has convinced Kim to turn on her own Mother. She may not be a perfect influence but she raised Kim and should not have to raise Kim's children. That is the cycle of life. I agree that Kim should not depend on her mother to help raise her children particulary without giving her mother the aility to disipline, but she should respect her mother because she IS her mother. Maybe they do need separate homes but this is NOT Enza's decision. She needs to stay out of the whole thing! She is nothing but a disruptive influence.

Finally, Kim, take control of your life and your relationship with your children. Remove anyone that would disturb that relationship. Focus on yourself and your relationship with your children and I believe you will find that regardless of past mistakes you can turn this around. I speak from experience but it is only my opinion. Only you can decide what the future holds.

Verna

I have to agree with you Verna, this woman drives me nuts.  She did nothing for Alex and she calls herself an aunt huh!  If my children had an aunt like her they would not be allowed to be in her presence.  She is a self rightous know it all.  How did she become involved with the issue between mother and daughter anyway?  I beleive she needs to be removed from the equation.  In my opinion she is a terrible influence on Alex.  What does she expect to gain by telling Alex terrible things about her mom.

I think that Kim and Alex need to deal with the situation themselves and the issues that Enza and Kim have should be dealt with separately.  Enza needs to keep her nose out unless she is asked to help out.

Marcar

January 25, 2007, 5:39 pm CST

Big Shot Enza

Quote From: pakochen

Why in the  world is Enza allowed to put her face in front of the camera, does she think this could be her one big shot????? She is so phony and I don't think Kim is being completely honest either. How could Enza and Kim become such good buds after seemingly wanting to cut each other's throats? Enza should be out of the picture and after Kim starts being honest with Dr. Phil, let her get her life squared away and get the best help possible for Alex.  I also think it's wrong for Kim and Enza to be talking about Jeanette the way they do, once again Enza is stirring the pot. Jeanette should be given a chance to be a grandmother to her grandkids, and shouldn't be thrown out with the dishwater because Enza thinks so.  Is she jealous of Kim in her own twisted way?  Why all of a sudden does she think she has so much saving power when she hasn't been there for how many years?  Enza plays to the camera, does she have multiple personalities?  KICK HER OUT and let Kim and her family, including grandma, get on with their lives.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

January 26, 2007, 7:42 am CST

give me a break!!

Enza makes me angry with her I'm so perfect attitude!! They need to just remove her from alex's life and let the mom be a mom!!!!!!!!  It broke my heart to watch Alex's mom have to sit there and justify herself to that witch.  Enza needs to butt out!!

January 26, 2007, 10:39 am CST

The reaction of society...

I was so pleased upon finging these entries and still am amazed at how my own thoughts and opinions were shared by the general public. Actually, although I disagree with some of Dr. Phill's views (having a Scriptural foundation by which to test all things) I have found his psychology (which I study as a minor beneath theology) and methods astounding in a wonderful way! His patience and understanding on how people live, think, react and adapt to the culture blows me away almost everytime I watch him. It is very admirable of him when I see him being ripped on by some guests that it would take myself a great deal of restraint to bite my tongue and cease from blowing up.

Moving on from bragging about the doc...I joined this site because I was so appalled and outraged (not in an Enza sort of way) by the way this woman speaks. Well, speaks is not a word that could be termed, more like yells and screams. Her arrogance and haugtiness is distasteful, and flat out absurd that I am floored every time I see another episode. My wife and I look at each other with eyes and mouths wide open almost everytime she screams something.

The mother is so much more humble and more mature owning up to her share in failing to be more more of a mother. We all fall short and none of us always make the best of decisions (albeit maybe not to those extremes) but that gives no right for ANYONE to be called, screamed and yelled out in that manner. Actually, I can think of no reason whatsoever for anyone to be receiving that sort of vile rage.

It is most obvious that Enza is only there to be seen on TV, to be the "winner" of being "right". She fails to recognize that there are no rights and wrongs here; only could of should of would of's and I perceive at lease on Kim's end, the would of's will be "I did" in the future. Yes, it will take some time, counseling and most of all God to guide her into being able to stabelize herself but in the end I think the mother daughter relatinship will prosper - slowly, but still grow.

I am curious as to why Dr. Phill allowed her not only to remain, but to give her the benefit of air time. Maybe to reveal to people more so what damage the aunt has caused and is causing than the mother. The aunt is far worse a cause of intervention of therapy than Kim ever needed. Kim's are physical with some emotional outflows brought about. Enza's are so far gone and so far ingrained from deceiving herself into being "high and mighty" I wonder if she is capable of being reformed. With God all things are possible though.

January 26, 2007, 4:48 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: julz49221

I think that Enza really needs to butt out all together. Who does she think she is??? Enza doesnt raise Alex ; shes not her mom, shes causing more harm than good. She says one thing to one person in the house and then goes behind their back and causes problems. She needs to totally stay out of the situation
Enza has been driving me crazy.  I really can't figure out why Dr. Phil doesn't kick her out.  She is toxic, she is a liar, she plays both sides of everything.  I think she is there to say "look at me I care so much I am a wonderful person, this is not even my child and I really want to help"  it's for the glory.  But, as we can all see she cares about nobody but herself and how wonderful she is.  And as we saw I think in part 2, she admits "wow I was wrong I won't to help"  and then turns to the grandma being the bad guy I just want to help poor Kim..HELLO SHE HAD BEEN ATTACKING KIM JUST DAYS BEFORE....I think she is a narcisitic (probably spelled wrong) toxic person who needs to be far far far away (like far away land) from Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 26, 2007, 4:52 pm CST

Quote From: countrymom7

Enza makes me angry with her I'm so perfect attitude!! They need to just remove her from alex's life and let the mom be a mom!!!!!!!!  It broke my heart to watch Alex's mom have to sit there and justify herself to that witch.  Enza needs to butt out!!

Amen!!

January 26, 2007, 10:46 pm CST

getting further help

Quote From: gmanuia

I too, like you have a loved one that suffers from a mental disorder.  My younger brother who is now 34 yrs old lives with my 63 yr. old mother and she cares for him and his illness.  Sometimes I feel guilty in that I cannot let them both live with me, but because I have 4 children and a husband my priorities are with my family and making sure they are safe and watched over.  We live close enough that  I can and do check on them everyday, but with his illness he suffers also from addictions to everything harmful to his body.  He recently stopped smoking and I'll tell you what we celebrated like there was no tomorrow!!! He has violent outbursts that keep him from living in any facility, because you don't know what's coming around the corner.  My mother "bless her heart" loves him and knows that she will be blessed as she continues to stay healthy and look after him.  There are facilities that do look after our loved ones, just keep asking, keep talking to anyone who will listen until you become such a burr under their skin they WILL want to help you!! Thanks for the message we will all continue to move forward with hope and love!!!
 Hi, I am happy that someone out there knows what I feeling and going through with my son. He has now been moved to another hospital for longer care help. It was just a short month and a half ago when he came out of another hospital after four and a half months. I got to see him before he left for that placement and he actualy hugged and kisssed me. They had put him on adavan and he was nice. He has callled me a lot allready and is talking again about moving to another town when he gets out. Always looking outward for that magic bullet that will change all his problems instead of working on himself , as much as someone like he can. I have found out about a doctor who may be able to help Joe. So we are going to be writing letters, and having meetings again and hoping that Joe is open to this as part of his treatment plan. We shall see. But he  has to want to and they said that they  give him high insentives at the beginning and then as he gets better in some areas, say like washing himself and caring about how his scent affects other, the lower the insentive. I told on of the current workers on staff who was telling me about this that my son had those same t yps of insentive when he was at wood services in Penn. for five  years mind  you , when he was younger. The insevtives had to stay high and he could never get below high and my question to him and the doctor will be is what if it is always going to be high,, will they give up? I Know through experience t hat he will alays require 24 hour care and why aren't there places out there for people like my son who should be in a facility that is positive yet highly structured? My son also, now tht he has tasted freedon outside, once out of the hospital stay, will go right back to the current or same old behaviors and one day end  up in jail or dead despite all that we have tried to do to help him. I hope this new doctor really has dealt with others like JOe. I am going to write to the ne doctor who told us  years ago that this is the way JOe would always be because of his natural mother taking drugs and how they made it like some parts of Joes brain did not develope and trying to get him to work on himself would be to go around another way to teach him. Well, it's been years doing this and when he turned 21 and decided aha! now I can drink and do as he pleased including not taking his meds, fooling around with girls hoping to get someone pregnant....God forbid. I am sorry this is so long. We are trying again. I hope that you are also if possible, but know that some day, if he isn't changing for whatever reason he will be dead or in jail. I hope and  pray for you and yours and please do the same for me. Sable

January 27, 2007, 5:35 pm CST

Next Dr. Phil House

I have a question:

Last Monday, at the end of the show, they showed scenes from next week's Dr. Phil House, which was supposedly the finale of this series. They showed Kim, Jeannette, and Dr. Phil in a room talking about their issues, they said they would show Alex packing up and going to the academy, and they asked, "will Enza be sent away?" (or something to that effect).

But now they're showing some totally different (not Dr. Phil House) episode next Monday, and the Monday after that, they're starting the "man camp" Dr. Phil House.

So are they ever going to show the final episode of this series?

January 28, 2007, 2:07 pm CST

I agree with you!

Quote From: pakochen

Why in the  world is Enza allowed to put her face in front of the camera, does she think this could be her one big shot????? She is so phony and I don't think Kim is being completely honest either. How could Enza and Kim become such good buds after seemingly wanting to cut each other's throats? Enza should be out of the picture and after Kim starts being honest with Dr. Phil, let her get her life squared away and get the best help possible for Alex.  I also think it's wrong for Kim and Enza to be talking about Jeanette the way they do, once again Enza is stirring the pot. Jeanette should be given a chance to be a grandmother to her grandkids, and shouldn't be thrown out with the dishwater because Enza thinks so.  Is she jealous of Kim in her own twisted way?  Why all of a sudden does she think she has so much saving power when she hasn't been there for how many years?  Enza plays to the camera, does she have multiple personalities?  KICK HER OUT and let Kim and her family, including grandma, get on with their lives.

I saw the last episode and saw exactly what you saw. I also noticed when Enza was shown how she looked on tape, She looked more pissed that she was caught looking bad and not anyone else in the house! I saw the glare she had in her eyes! Then she ACTED like it humbled her. You could tell she was not remorseful or apologetic. SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE GOT CAUGHT and it pissed her off.  Her apology was so phony.

Robbin05

January 28, 2007, 2:12 pm CST

I was Aunt Enza

Dr. Phil, Kim, Enza and Alex,

Thank you for your courage and strength. I saw myself in Enza. I saw what toxicity I was bringing to my family. That is me and my nieces and nephews and siblings and mother.

I have been going through a deep healing and focusing on myself. I was a martyr. I pointed out everyone else's flaws. I even would belittle their parents behind and in front on them. I still can do this but I more often keep my mouth shut.

I have changed. I am still working one day at a time to keep the focus on me. I see now that I can't protect them from pain or hurt. I can stop from adding more to their lives. There is a long line of addiction and abuse in our family. Let the healing begin with me.

First | Prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last