Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 28, 2007, 2:20 pm CST

I couldn't agree with you more!

Quote From: jlc2222

whoa...

Enza needs to sit down, shut up and go away.  This is...oh, 6th to 8th grade behavior and Alex doesn't need a "bash, blame, & belittle" buddy who is into secrets, backstabbing and shrieking fits,  especially an "adult" who she's probably really trying to model her behavior after (not so much after Kim lately.  Right back atcha, Enza.)

Enza is HIGHLY manipulative and sarcastic.  She sweetly and lovingly  manipulates Alex into saying that yes, she loves and trusts her aunt, then swoops in for the kill with attacks on others.  This is horrible stuff and I kept gasping in shock as I watched this nasty, nasty childish behavior, which I'm sure Enza would defend in the name of looking out for Alex, but that's not what it is at all.  Enza wants to be right and important at the expense of others.  She is at least as much a child as Alex (but shriller and nastier.)

Alex needs to be around mature and sincere adults whose main concern isn't fighting with each other, showmanship, oneupmanship, and being right.

There now, Enza, look what you did... you brought out the nasty in me.  whoa...

You said it so perfectly. Enza is the devil in disguise. I think Enza needs to have her own actions done to her. Then maybe she will  know what it feels like. I hope Dr. Phil can do this.

January 28, 2007, 3:04 pm CST

Amen...Amen

Quote From: angelgirl11

Amen!!

Enza needs to understand that she is the venum here.  When she points the finger at anyone in the house or in life, she need to realize that there may be one finger pointed at someone else but there are 3 fingers pointed at herself.  She's an aunt for goodness sake just back off in this case and let Dr. Phil and his staff just do their work but be aware that camera's are on her 24/7.  My prayers go out to this entire family especially this young lady.

January 28, 2007, 11:12 pm CST

Hope family can come together in love and humility

i've watched every show and look forward to Monday. Kim, is Toxic to me!  , ) She is gorgeous. so is Enza

January 29, 2007, 8:26 am CST

What's really going on here?........

I don't think Enza is the problem as much as it seems real obvious to me that the Mother, Kim is not being honest and taking responsibility for creating the horrible home environment for her daughter to feel the need to prostitute herself.  I can't imagine feeling that lonely at her age to seek the attention of strange men. It must be a hell for her. I feel that the mother is a fake and even though you can "fix" Alex, she still has to live with her mother after treatment. What's happening to the other siblings who live in that environment? Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Period!

January 29, 2007, 9:46 am CST

I'm confused also???????

I watched the shows and the last one I saw was where Dr. Phil told Alex she was going to the live-in facility.  At the end of that show it showed previews for the final show, which I expected today.  It wasn't on.  The last show I saw was last Monday, January 22nd, which is the one described at the top of this page.  There was supposed to be one more.

SO WHERE IS THE FINALLE???????

January 29, 2007, 10:18 am CST

Enza is a problem

Quote From: uiinmn

I don't think Enza is the problem as much as it seems real obvious to me that the Mother, Kim is not being honest and taking responsibility for creating the horrible home environment for her daughter to feel the need to prostitute herself.  I can't imagine feeling that lonely at her age to seek the attention of strange men. It must be a hell for her. I feel that the mother is a fake and even though you can "fix" Alex, she still has to live with her mother after treatment. What's happening to the other siblings who live in that environment? Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Period!

At first I thought Enza was a concerned aunt who was overreacting. I changed my mind.

Kim could have very well thought she was letting her daughter stay with an adoring aunt. I am sure Enza didn't say, "I am a vindictive, angry person and I will try to influence Alex."

Enza could have been mixing Alex up all along and may be the biggest part of the problem.

Didn't you watch Enza with Alex on the last show? She is a very nasty and toxic person.

January 29, 2007, 12:46 pm CST

ENZA

When is Dr. Phil going to ask Enza when and where she got her Psychology or Psychiatric degree from. I am totally amazed at this woman. Does she have children of her that she has raised to be the perfect child/teenager/adult??? Dr. Phil, you need to tell Enza to bud out--she is not making anything better, she is destructive force to the dynamics of this family. She is worse than the step-child, step-mother conflict--playing one parent against the other, but in this case, she is playing everyside against each other, in hopes she comes out smelling like a rose, but she is the biggest thorn in the equation. Dr. Phil, tell her like it is!!

January 29, 2007, 1:57 pm CST

the grandmother is being abused

I was in the same place as the grandmother was. I lived in the same house with my daughter and her children to help while my daughter was finishing school. But I felt like I was in a corner too. I learned after a year and half that I was being used and needed to escape. I finally did and live a lone now and am happier and more relaxed now.I can live, do what I want and go when I want.  Jeanette needs to do the same thing, so she can gain her identity and independence back. she doesn't  need the stress, so she can live the life of a grandmother. To see the grandchildren when she wants to, on her terms.

P.S. my daughter never said sorry either

January 29, 2007, 2:04 pm CST

dr phil episode 1-29-07

hey everyone whats up. i have a question. what happened to the series finale of the dr phil house teen  intervention episode? i watched all of them and i thought there was supposed to be a 4th one. did anyone see it?

January 29, 2007, 2:07 pm CST

hello

Quote From: bwmcalexander

I watched the shows and the last one I saw was where Dr. Phil told Alex she was going to the live-in facility.  At the end of that show it showed previews for the final show, which I expected today.  It wasn't on.  The last show I saw was last Monday, January 22nd, which is the one described at the top of this page.  There was supposed to be one more.

SO WHERE IS THE FINALLE???????

you know what . i was thinking the exact same thing as you are. i watched all the episodes to and i thought there was supposed to be a 4th one. i have no clue where the finale is. did the family decide that they did not want to show it?

First | Prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last