Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 1, 2007, 10:05 am CST

Aren't you being a little harsh?

Quote From: katerine

I'm confused. None of the information that the poster posted was even remotely private. It's all publicly accessible, and I can't see anything in it that would place any risk on Alex.

We already knew where Alex was going - Dr. Phil gave the name of the organization on the show, and it was included in the "more about this episode" pages on this site.

We already knew that Alex went through a teen intervention program - we saw the intervention as it was taking place. That's what the whole show was about.

We already knew that they had a weight program - Dr. Phil mentioned it on the show, and that's what it says on the organization's website.

We knew that they don't normally take people through interventions - that's what it says on the organization's website.

I did not recall the mention of the specific name of Alex's location.  If the show gave it, then by all means.  I am often multitasking when I am watching the show;  I miss bits and pieces, and I am happy to concede that I was wrong.

My thoughts, however irrational and confusing you may view them, were that this brave young girl stepped forward and spoke out on an awful ring of activity which was then stung by authorities.  I figured there may be some people out there that would be of a threatening nature to Alex, and that we needn't be irresponsible with such details as her precise location. 

Forgive me for posting without knowing it all inside and out, and for erring on the side of caution.  

March 1, 2007, 10:53 am CST

Not sure, either...

Quote From: katerine

I have a question:

Last Monday, at the end of the show, they showed scenes from next week's Dr. Phil House, which was supposedly the finale of this series. They showed Kim, Jeannette, and Dr. Phil in a room talking about their issues, they said they would show Alex packing up and going to the academy, and they asked, "will Enza be sent away?" (or something to that effect).

But now they're showing some totally different (not Dr. Phil House) episode next Monday, and the Monday after that, they're starting the "man camp" Dr. Phil House.

So are they ever going to show the final episode of this series?

I noticed the month prior, with the episodes following the Heroine Twins...They originally had three episodes in a row of them.  But then, a month or so later, there was a fourth, follow up episode.  I wonder if the same will happen with Alex's story? 

Perhaps there is a marketing aim behind it...let everyone talk and get emotionally invested, then keep them tuning in for when the final installment turns up?  LOL  I should think the board monitors are letting the right people know that we're all still talking and wondering....

March 31, 2007, 1:42 pm CDT

Get rid of Enza

Being from South Africa, we have only got to see this show now, for the last 3 days I have watched how this family does nothing but fight, but what was the most shocking was Enza'a behaviour, it was absolutely disgusting, I feel she is definitely more of a bad influence on Alex, just the scene in the kitchen alone said it all.  I feel Enza should be removed from Alex's life completely until she learns some self respect and dignity, I have a pretty hot temper too but I would never carry on like that.  Kim is Alex's mother NOT Enza and the sooner she learns that little fact the better.  Kim is no angel either but this is her daughter and she needs to work out how to get along with Alex and to support her, encourage her and make sure that Alex knows that she loves her and she needs to work really hard to help Alex to accept herself and like herself.  I believe that you should never tell a child anything negative as never mind women have long memories I think kid's memories are even longer.  Enza get out of their lives until you can bring something positive to the environment and if you can't do that then leave Kim, Alex and Jeanette alone, mind your own business!!!!!!!!!  And Kim should not just discard her mother because Enza has got a bee in her bonnet, her attacking Jeanette is just another way to manipulate Kim and Alex.  Jeanette has more rights to be involved than Enza will ever have... Kim needs to stand up to Enza and eliminate her from their lives and she should be standing up to Enza where her mother is concerned, her mother may not be perfect but I'm sure she is a far better influence to have around than Enza is.   Enza needs to be sent to an institute to learn manners and to get some anger management.  Enza is like a cancer to this family that just doesn't seem to want to go...

April 23, 2007, 5:01 am CDT

Enza is a psychopath, PERIOD

Enza is a classic example of a psychopath. Please people, read up on what being a psychopath means, one may be in your life without you even noticing it.

Being a psychopath means you don't have a concience, imagine never feeling guilty, never feeling love, never feeling remorse, off course psychopaths have developed techniques that mimic normal human emotions. Psychopaths are a mystery because they miss probably the most fundamental thing you can think of that makes us human. It would be interesting for Phil to have a show about psychopaths, but they are said to be incurable, in fact they often enjoy playing with psycologists aswell.

Psychopaths are a really interesting subject though, and Enza is definately one for sure.

May 16, 2007, 7:03 am CDT

ENZA!!

Who in their right mind would have a woman like this hanging around their home?? This has got to be the most destructive/manipulative woman I have ever seen. She may be a mother herself, and maybe its about time she got out of other peoples lives and concentrated on her own family. I mean, I'm sure she wont be wanting anything to go wrong in her prefect world!

May 16, 2007, 7:06 am CDT

that Enza woman!

Quote From: carolenieto

I think the aunt is far more dangerous to the child than the mother...the mother has a substance problem, what is Enza's excuse???
I cant get my head around why the mother allows this Enza woman into her home? I would show her the sole of my size 7's while it was still attached to my foot !

July 24, 2007, 8:20 pm CDT

ENZA - YOU ARE INFURIATING

This show which was about Alex's need for help became about Enza.  She is self-righteous, disrespectful, egotistical and incredibly selfish.  Although she comes across as if her motives are honourable and all about Alex (and perhaps we would see that if she wasnt so self-righteous) but she is incredibly manipulative and embarrassed herself on TV.  I commend KIm for acknowledging her mistakes and does not need that infuriating Enza manipulating Alex and trying to make herself out like the Holy Aunt who has come to rescue her.  Kick Enza out, she's creating more problems when the issues are already deep and hurtful for these woman.  KICK HER OUT.  Dr Phil please tell her to BUTT OUT!!  I cant stand seeing her pointing fingers, rolling her eyes, screaming at Kim and putting Alex in the middle.......and to think Alex is the teenager!

July 25, 2007, 5:10 am CDT

Also

Quote From: sfjones

This show which was about Alex's need for help became about Enza.  She is self-righteous, disrespectful, egotistical and incredibly selfish.  Although she comes across as if her motives are honourable and all about Alex (and perhaps we would see that if she wasnt so self-righteous) but she is incredibly manipulative and embarrassed herself on TV.  I commend KIm for acknowledging her mistakes and does not need that infuriating Enza manipulating Alex and trying to make herself out like the Holy Aunt who has come to rescue her.  Kick Enza out, she's creating more problems when the issues are already deep and hurtful for these woman.  KICK HER OUT.  Dr Phil please tell her to BUTT OUT!!  I cant stand seeing her pointing fingers, rolling her eyes, screaming at Kim and putting Alex in the middle.......and to think Alex is the teenager!

Another thing.....Why the hell is Enza even part of this show! She is quite honestly the most infuriating person i have ever seen on Dr Phil. I absolutely cannot stand her self-righteous smug face.  Kim the sooner you realise she is a huge part of the problem, you'll realise that you need to protect your daughter and rest of the family from her.  You DONT need to answer to her! Get all the help you need and remove her from your lives, i think you'll find peace, joy and reconciliation with your daughter when you do!

July 25, 2007, 5:16 am CDT

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: sharontoo411

Last week we saw how lanipulative she is with Kima nd Alex. But now we see how she just revels in the attention she get swhen she pits Kim against her mother. I keep waiting for Dr. Phil to tell Enza to get out and mind her own business - oh, and on her way home to stop and seek some professional help of her own -but he doesn't! She is manipulative and craves validation that she's right. Good God.

Totally agree with you there.  That nutcase Enza definately craves and thrives on being right, even if she has to scream it to everyone.  Why the hell does Dr Phil let her create that kind of environment in the house....that surely has to be ADDING to an already painful situation! She's so infuriating!

August 28, 2007, 3:49 am CDT

Get her away from *toxic enza* now!!!

oh my good ,this enza girl is crazy ,i cant belive this manipulation on tv ,leave the mother alone dr phil she*s not the crazy one....sarah DENMARK

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last