Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 12:42 pm CST

Enza is the one with the problems

Quote From: mandie1205

I think Enza could be a show of her own...She has as many issues as the rest of the family.  Where are Enza's kids?
Im with you where is enzas kids. I feel like enza is the one starting all the problems in the dr. phil house.

January 22, 2007, 12:43 pm CST

Enza screaming out for attention

Last week we saw how lanipulative she is with Kima nd Alex. But now we see how she just revels in the attention she get swhen she pits Kim against her mother. I keep waiting for Dr. Phil to tell Enza to get out and mind her own business - oh, and on her way home to stop and seek some professional help of her own -but he doesn't! She is manipulative and craves validation that she's right. Good God.

January 22, 2007, 12:48 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: fluffyfat

I could not believe that Kim would let Alex talk about her mother that way. The two of them shocked me. Is "unhappy" the worst thing they can say about her when they themselves are hateful, verbally abusive, and alcoholic? We don't know much about the grandmother but if Kim has told her children to disregard everything she says then I can't imagine how she stays in the household. I can only think that if the grandmother had been given a bit of respect and authority over the children then perhaps she could have taught Alex a few things, like how to use a knife and fork. There is so much here I would like to know more about. Where is Alex's father? Does she have a grandfather? I have read that the number one predictor of promiscuity in teen girls is whether or noot they have a close relationship with their father. Kim said today that she "chose to be a single mother." Alex might be a good example of why that isn't always such a good choice.

After last week's show I knew Kim was the main part of the problem - she expects her mother to take care of her children casue as she said 'she can't do it alone' and then she disrespects the woman in front of the kids she's supposed to be helping raise - and then retorts 'well, I guess I'll have to do it alone" as if her mother were one of the two parents raising the kids - Alex is the way she is cause of the way she's been raised for the last 14 years not since last year when the grandma arrived.

And for all that Kim says that Enza is the the problem she keep sending her over here - apparently quite often. So if Kim things Enza is a harmful problem then why did Kim keep sending her there??  Kim's convenience?

Grandma even seemed cowed by her own daughter - it was good for her to stand up foreverself. And did you see how angry Kim got that jeanette might leave the state -- seems that as badly as she's treataed her she still needs her around. Personalyl I think Kim is extremely Toxic adn Jeaneete should get the heck out of dodge and get herself to Maryland with her frined and make a nice peaceful life for herself!

The thing about alcoholics is that everything is always someone else's fault and I still maintain Kim is  a functioning alcoholic.

January 22, 2007, 12:52 pm CST

remove Cstep-daughter) from vocabulary!!!!

Quote From: emond1968

I am new to these boards and at the end of my rope.  I have 5 stepdaughters.  Over the past few years the oldest  has been on a roll.  Getting drunk on the bus and at football games.  Giving oral sex to multiple boys in full view of many other kids.  Lying constanty.  Her biological mother sloughs it off saying she will have sex sooner or later.  This began at 13.  Recently she threw out a lot of personal mementos (senior pictures, prom pictures, graduation tassels, school books etc...... that belonged to my older son.  The same weekend she stole an expensive necklace from my daughter.  I realized from her computer  history that she was shopping the Tiffany's website for the exact necklace for a friend's birthday.  We found the necklace in her jacket pocket.  she claimed she was framed.  Her father says that he believes her.  I don't know what to do.  I said that I didn't want my stepdaughter in the house until she has counseling.  He said then he leaves.  I brokedown and said I don't want you to go I'd like her to stay in her room when she is her until after counseling.  that was still not good enough.  What do I do to protect my kids!!!

THERE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STEP-CHILDREN IN ANY MARRIAGE. STEPS ARE FOR WALKING ON AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS WALKING ON THESE CHILDREN.

LADY THIS WHOLE FAMILY NEEDS COUNSELING. 

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU LOVE SOMEONE WITHOUT LOVING THE CHILDREN THAT ARE A PART OF THAT SOMEONE.

MY WIFE HAD 4 CHILDREN WHEN I MARRIED HER.  THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED BY ME, BUT THEY WERE NEVER STEPS. THEY WERE MINE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. BECAUSE I ACCEPTED THEM AS MINE BECAUSE THEY ARE A PART OF HER.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU & GOD BLESS. 

January 22, 2007, 12:56 pm CST

WHERE IS DAD

Quote From: mandie1205

I think Enza could be a show of her own...She has as many issues as the rest of the family.  Where are Enza's kids?
 CHILDREN NEED MOM & DAD & GRANDPA & GRANDMA......

January 22, 2007, 1:00 pm CST

Enza

Enza is toxic.  She's seems to be part of the problem.

January 22, 2007, 1:00 pm CST

Quote From: emond1968

I am new to these boards and at the end of my rope.  I have 5 stepdaughters.  Over the past few years the oldest  has been on a roll.  Getting drunk on the bus and at football games.  Giving oral sex to multiple boys in full view of many other kids.  Lying constanty.  Her biological mother sloughs it off saying she will have sex sooner or later.  This began at 13.  Recently she threw out a lot of personal mementos (senior pictures, prom pictures, graduation tassels, school books etc...... that belonged to my older son.  The same weekend she stole an expensive necklace from my daughter.  I realized from her computer  history that she was shopping the Tiffany's website for the exact necklace for a friend's birthday.  We found the necklace in her jacket pocket.  she claimed she was framed.  Her father says that he believes her.  I don't know what to do.  I said that I didn't want my stepdaughter in the house until she has counseling.  He said then he leaves.  I brokedown and said I don't want you to go I'd like her to stay in her room when she is her until after counseling.  that was still not good enough.  What do I do to protect my kids!!!
oh my - sounds like both the girl's parents are in denial big time.  She's forced you to make the dad chose between you and her - he doesn't or can't accept his little girl is the way she is.  Perhaps a few well-placed 'nanny' cams in place when she's there and maybe even an IT guy can do a forensic guy who can let him know what she's up to through places like MySpace - sounds like the girl could easily get a STD or HIV given her sexual activity. She might also be a little more honest when she's chatting -on-line about things and her true nature may come out for dad to read or see!

January 22, 2007, 1:10 pm CST

couldn't agree more!

Quote From: slvrq1

I could not believe what I saw Enza doing on the show today.  She is unbelievable.

What I saw was a calculating woman who is doing nothing to help this family.  She is a drama addict, wanting to always be right.  She is the one who needs help as well. 

I could not believe how she took Alex into the room and said she would never bad mouth her mother, then in the exact same sentence, trashed her mother to the ground, then manipulates Alex into thinking she is her best friend.  This woman is dangerous to this child.  This child has no one and I believe is confusing sex with love. 

I applaud the mother for not hauling off and knocking Enza across the room.  Enza seemed to be the one continually starting the fights in front of the child.  When the mother asks her to stop, she gets louder and more abusive to the mother in front of the child. 

Dr. Phil, she needs one of your scoldings!

Enza is a manipulative, dramatic, backstabber! She always looks so surprised, when she in criticized. It's mind boggling the way she works these people in her family. I also wanted to agree, the mother took the high road in not lowering herself to Enza's level. "Prissy Pants Enza"...lol. Many people I think would have wanted to throw her across the room. Dr. Phil to the rescue!

January 22, 2007, 1:10 pm CST

What in the world do you expect?

Kim you have been a very good teacher with the examples you have set before your daughter.What in the world did you expect? Enza you are a very messed up person yourself get out of Alex's life and mind our own business. And Grandmother YOU HAVE BEEN ABUSED ENOUGH ALSO .LET KIM CLEAN UP HER MESSES SHE HAS MADE. You need to live the rest of your life, stress free and with people that love and respect you. And from the show that would not be your family they use you and then throw you away like a paper towel. I know because I have been done the same way by yes, my own daughter and read Dr. Phil book SELF MATTERS FOR YOU.

I pray that Alex will realize there is a different life out there. And give her the kind of life she deserves. Children are  always the ones that suffer when they are in a household like this.

Best wishes! Alex and Grandmother.

KIM AND ENZA GET HELP YOU ARE BOTH A MESS. 

January 22, 2007, 1:12 pm CST

Dr. Phil.    I think that the aunt is not to be trusted in anything she says or does as she seems to running her own plans to make her look good. It seems that she wants to be in the lime light. I woulder if anyone else fills like I do?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last