Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 1:17 pm CST

Kim is the real problem

Kim looks pretty good on the show because she loves her daughter and seems to have a calm desire for her daughter to do better. But it sounds as though her personal behavior has been irresponsible and that's the most important factor in this problem. Enza is toxic and spews venom behind any back that's turned. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't  just gossip about Alex when she's not on a TV show trying to look like a hero. But even what she's revealed on the show is that she is constantly conspiring with someone against someone else and doesn't really care who it hurts. Whether the grandmother stays or goes, I don't really care, although it seems reasonable for her to say, "If I'm living here, then I have to be able to express myself regarding the discipline of the children." If her help isn't appreciated, then she should go. My big point is that Kim is irresponsible in her own behavior and that has corrupted her child, regardless of how much she loves her child and wishes things were different. If she doesn't change, Alex will not change.

January 22, 2007, 1:18 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: papafrank

THERE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STEP-CHILDREN IN ANY MARRIAGE. STEPS ARE FOR WALKING ON AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS WALKING ON THESE CHILDREN.

LADY THIS WHOLE FAMILY NEEDS COUNSELING. 

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU LOVE SOMEONE WITHOUT LOVING THE CHILDREN THAT ARE A PART OF THAT SOMEONE.

MY WIFE HAD 4 CHILDREN WHEN I MARRIED HER.  THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED BY ME, BUT THEY WERE NEVER STEPS. THEY WERE MINE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. BECAUSE I ACCEPTED THEM AS MINE BECAUSE THEY ARE A PART OF HER.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU & GOD BLESS. 

I think instead of worring about how the oldest daughter's behavior is going to effect the other children's future you should be concerned about the oldest daughter's present.  Obviously she is going through some serious problems that you as a parent and as a person should be concerned about.

I grew up with so many "step" family members that l can no longer tell my children how l am related to this grandma or that grandpa, in my family family is family and you can never have too many family members until it comes time to remember Brithdays.

I think you need to look at what your problem is and not blame your "step-children" for everything.

January 22, 2007, 1:19 pm CST

Step-children

Quote From: papafrank

THERE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STEP-CHILDREN IN ANY MARRIAGE. STEPS ARE FOR WALKING ON AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS WALKING ON THESE CHILDREN.

LADY THIS WHOLE FAMILY NEEDS COUNSELING. 

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU LOVE SOMEONE WITHOUT LOVING THE CHILDREN THAT ARE A PART OF THAT SOMEONE.

MY WIFE HAD 4 CHILDREN WHEN I MARRIED HER.  THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED BY ME, BUT THEY WERE NEVER STEPS. THEY WERE MINE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. BECAUSE I ACCEPTED THEM AS MINE BECAUSE THEY ARE A PART OF HER.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU & GOD BLESS. 

Let's not play word games; "step-child" is the proper, legal term for the children of one's spouse in a blended family. Not everyone can adopt these children. Most of them already have parents and would not take kindly to being adopted by Mom or Dad's new spouse. My (second) husband is my son's step-father. They care about each other very much but they are "steps" and there never was any question of adoption. My son's legal, biological father is alive and well and very much a part of his life. As for the unfortunate woman to whom you were responding: It sounds like she is in a very tough situation, trying to control teens who were not raised properly. It isn't easy to come into a new marriage and correct a lifetime of poor parenting.

January 22, 2007, 1:23 pm CST

Everyone is at Fualt

It seems to me that every adult in Alex's life needs to step up and join reality.  Enza has decided to join forces (to say) with Kim and is now trying to get Kim against her mom.  All three of them need to adress their own problems and quit blaming someone else for everything.  Also, it is Kim's job to take care of her children and her mother.  After all, Kim's mother did the best she could and took care of her.  What kind of society do we live in when we don't take care of our family and ship them off somewhere when the road gets to ruff?  Of course Alex needs to get some serious help, but l am referring to Enza trying to get Kim to send her mother off to go live somewhere else.

January 22, 2007, 1:30 pm CST

Enza is a Spider

She lives on spite.  I think she is the main problem.  She just causes trouble any where she can. She needs serious help.

January 22, 2007, 1:34 pm CST

Enza is insidious

Quote From: peecee

Enza is toxic.  She's seems to be part of the problem.
Enza it seems plays under the guise of concern by acting like she is doing something so good but she constantly throws out negative comments no matter what situation is going on in the house. She is a miserable person and she seems to want to make everyone else  as miserable as she is. It was horrible watching Enza insult alex  while  she was eating.  I think there are more important issues then how a kid eats. Alex has such low self esteem that I don't think she even knows it is not ok for the aunt Enza  to insult  her like she constantly does. The mom  has very  serious issues but  Enza is a TOXIC and SELF ABSORBED person unless Enza can get  major therapy herself  I don't know why the mom Kim  would want someone like that in her familys life.

January 22, 2007, 1:35 pm CST

Enza again

Enza, Enza...wake up and smell the coffee. you lose no time to switch sides when you are caught. Sneaky, controlling, vengeful. you should get a look at your face while you're doing this. I want to know who died and left you boss of everyones life?  Playing psychiatrist seems to be the name of your game....OR, do you think you are God???? Let them alone, butt out and let the experts get in there and do the work the right way.  you definitely need help with your attitude! 

January 22, 2007, 1:37 pm CST

Enza is insidious

Quote From: peecee

Enza is toxic.  She's seems to be part of the problem.
Enza it seems plays under the guise of concern by acting like she is doing something so good but she constantly throws out negative comments no matter what situation is going on in the house. She is a miserable person and she seems to want to make everyone else  as miserable as she is. It was horrible watching Enza insult alex  while  she was eating.  I think there are more important issues then how a kid eats. Alex has such low self esteem that I don't think she even knows it is not ok for the aunt Enza  to insult  her like she constantly does. The mom  has very  serious issues but  Enza is a TOXIC and SELF ABSORBED person unless Enza can get  major therapy herself  I don't know why the mom Kim  would want someone like that in her familys life.

January 22, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

Poison

Enza is poison no matter who she interacts with.  Misery must have company should be her motto.  Dr. Phil straigten her out!

January 22, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

ENZA NEEDS TO BE OUT OF THE PICTURE

Obviously this whole family needs help, and it's my opinion that they should all walk away from one another, and leave mom and daughter alone.  Doesn't Enza have her own life? How can one person focus s-o-o-o-o much time and energy in being such a horrible person? Just because she is miserable, she wants everyone around her to be miserable too. She looks uglier and uglier everytime I see her because of her poor attitude, negative personality, and downright toxicity. Mom may not be Mom Of The Year, but she's doing the best she can, and Enza needs to back off and quit making things worse. It's none of her business anyway. I'm sickened by Enza's drama seeking, know-it-all behavior. I'm embarrased for her, and outraged by her. Mom, you need to take your daughter, move away, and start over using the tools you are learning, and remain in therapy. I realize "it takes a village to raise a child", but heck, that village you are living in isn't exactly Pleasantville.  Good luck mom, I think you can do it!  Remember:  Love yourself, Love your daughter, and love life!  Everyday is a good day!!! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last