Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 2:37 pm CST

the aunt

The aunt obviously has issues she needs to work out with her sister. It seems she is jealous of her sister for some reason and she is using the daughter to destroy the mother. It seems Enza is jealous of Kim because she has a daughter, because she has had some cosmetic surgery and because Kim seems to always land on her feet with any bad situation she has been in. Enza should not be allowed contact with Alex until she can confront her own issues. She acts no more than 14 at times.

January 22, 2007, 2:38 pm CST

AGAIN....WHAT'S THE STORY WITH DAD???

How can they continue to run this story without explaining the invisible father?  Dr. Phil is ALWAYS preaching how much absent fathers result in troubled daughters but not once has that been brought up. 

WHATS THE DEAL DOC?????????????  If the man threatened to sue you if you include him then at least say so.  Don't act like his disconnection isn't a part of this kid's problems.

January 22, 2007, 2:43 pm CST

Enza Dearest continues her rampage

My god, what did you think Kim? That Enza had suddenly changed and was now a confidant to you? LMFAO. Enza is NEVER to be trusted. Don’t you get that? Enza is manipulative and conning—one of the key characteristics of a bully. They never recognize the rights of others and they see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. Kim, you allowed yourself to be USED by Enza to betray your mother.

They may dominate and humiliate their victims. Can someone please explain to me how Enza talking in her sickly sweet baby voice showing Alex how to use a knife and a fork was doing anything other than dominating and humiliating everyone, most especially Alex. She was saying that in all Alex’s 14 years on earth no one had ever bothered to show her how to use a knife and fork? Talk about neglect, and all the while insinuating that if Alex used a knife and fork she would eat less. Uh huh. It’s very hard to believe that Enza or anyone else is so totally oblivious to her real motivation.

Jeanette you hit the nail right on the head when you said Enza is only trying to hurt you. And my god if Enza didn’t just lie outright to you and say, I am not trying to hurt you. Then behind your back calling you a “hateful old witch” and all the while trying to get Kim to admit that you, Jeanette, are the problem. If that isn’t trying to hurt someone Enza Dearest can you please explain to me what you consider is trying to hurt someone? 

Kim for crying out loud whatever problem it is that Enza has, it isn’t solved quickly, if ever. You were so easily sucked in by Enza it was downright frightening. She is NOT your friend and definitely never your confidant.    

January 22, 2007, 2:44 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

I don't understand why what Enza says matters to Kim. What business is it or hers (Enza) to begin with let alone at all!!!  Kim should have kicked Enza to the curb right from the get go!!! 

Enza needs to be cut right out of their lives altogether and more focus needs to be placed on the mother daughter relationship - isn't that the issue let alone the prostituting??!!  They are losing focus of the issues and focusing way too much on Enza - she is getting way to much credit for placing her nose where it does not belong. 

January 22, 2007, 2:45 pm CST

Twilight Zone ENZA!!!!

What's with this chick???  Talk about schizo personality!  First she spends all of her time twisting the daughter around her finger.  Then when Dr. Phil goes after her about what she's doing and takes the daughter away from her, now she's moved on to do a complete turnaround and is friends with the sister and urging her to attack granny.  Also, now that she knows how NUTS she looks on TV, she's changed her demeanor whenever the TV screens are on her and she makes sure she speaks quietly and calmly.  Don't be fooled by this act, Dr. Phil.  If anyone in this whole group will NOT be able to be fixed it's this one.  Enza, if you're reading this, GET HELP!!!  You need therapy!

January 22, 2007, 2:46 pm CST

WHERE WAS HORRIBLE MOTHER

Quote From: sclexie

I'm sorry, I have to say I normally agree with Dr Phil, but he's doing a horrible job on this one!!! Why are we focusing so much on Enza, at least the girl has the right morals. That mother, Kim, really should have had her child taken away from her A LONG TIME AGO! I've seen first hand the kind of damage that bad mothering has done, the drinking, the sex with random men... AND ALL IN FRONT OF HER OWN DAUGHTER!!! Not to mention, you don't let a 14 year old child leave the house for long periods of time when she's been known to prostitute herself!... I don't even want to think where that horrible mother was during those times!!!... THERE'S JUST NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!!!!... And yet the show is so focused on Aunt Enza, who seems to be the only one that gives a damn about Alex and getting her cleaned up (because clearly the mother DOESN'T,  she's only concerned with saving her own face and trying not to look like the alcoholic that she is!, and the grandmother isn't either, why is she even on the show?! all she's doing is enabling Kim to be such a horrible mother!!)
Dr, Phil, WHY ARE YOU FOCUSING ON ENZA RATHER THAN HELPING THAT POOR CHILD?! The responsibility of that poor child being the way she is is because of the MOTHER!!!!
You really need to focus on what's the real issue here and get a grip on this situation, because you're acting like you just don't have a clue what you're doing!! I'm really disappointed in what you're doing (and NOT doing for this family)!

YOU ASK WHERE WAS THAT  HORRIBLE MOTHER . TAKING CARE OF HER NEEDS I AM SURE DRINKING AND DOING WHAT SHE TAUGHT HER DAUGHTER TO DO.

YOU THINK?????????

January 22, 2007, 2:47 pm CST

I agree!

Quote From: luckysells

Enza's attitude is way over the top!  Does she really think she is so smooth that she can convince anyone that she is only concerned with Alex's safety, sanity or anything else!

In my opinion, Enza is messing where she shouldn't be, especially since she is one manipulative, self-serving pathetic person.  Does she not have a life of her own?  If she does please return and let Alex and her Mother work things out.

Poor Alex is being so abused by this person, not to let Alex's mother off the hook.  Enza's should be eliminated from this poor child's life.  What is she thinking! 

I experienced the same situation with my niece.  My only concern was to allow this poor child to be just that.  A child!  Her mother was a mean character; just would the girl was settled, making progress and was reasonably happy, she would come and get just because she could.  Of course the first few times my niece thought her mother came because she loved her then realized she was just mean and need someone to abuse when things weren't so great in her life.

Enough said, you get the picture.  Enza fix your life and stop runing poor Alex's life.  She deserves a chance, let her have it!  Let your self-serving attude serve you, you deserve it.

Enza seems so focused on being RIGHT and criticizing Alex's mother, I don't think she's even thinking about the girl at all. And what is with the grandmother? Why is she living with her daughter?  I'm trying to figure out what they DO all day in that house. Nobody seems to DO anything but sit around, eat and argue. Can't they even take a walk or listen to music or read a newspaper?

I feel sorriest for Alex. No wonder she has low self-esteem and lacks direction and discipline. I hope she gets help. Today Dr. Phil said he was sending her to a wonderful place - I hope her mom and siblings can visit her so she doesn't feel like she's in prison. But I think the remaining three women need serious, long term help themselves. The mother needs a functioning brain and a backbone. The aunt needs to shut up. I haven't seen the grandmother hug her granddaughter once or even say anything to her at all! Grandma needs to either help her daughter and granddaughter,  really help, or go live her own life.

January 22, 2007, 2:49 pm CST

RESPECT?

Quote From: nityfifty

Everyone involved needs to show a little respect for each other. The aunt needs to butt out. It's one thing to lend an ear and be a "buddy" to the girl, but the adults need to make sure the child doesn't hear all the bickering and criticizing from each other. And I really feel sorry for "grandma"...to me all I've noticed is disrespect and elderly abuse.

The biggest problem I see is the aunt trying to be too involved in this family. She needs to get a life of her own and just be there for support. The aunt is just a gossipy busy-body. I certainly wouldn't want her as a neighbor...she'd be in my business all the time trying to play "Dr Phil". The scene where the aunt was "helping" the girl to have manners while eating...really now...how condescending for the girl!  I used to teach junior high and high school kids and this girl must have certainly embarrassed...the girl isn't a baby and may have seemed ok with the aunt suggestiing tucking a napkin in her collar like a baby in front of tv cameras...but the aunt treated the girl like a baby.  The aunt's remarks and actions aren't doing anything for this teen's selt-esteem.

I really think Dr Phil should send the aunt home! Please get the 3 generations of women...the teen, mom and grandma together again. There can be no resolution as long as the nosey aunt is around.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THEY KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD RESPECT

January 22, 2007, 2:52 pm CST

Come on Dr. Phil......you're disappointing me!

I am prompted to write after watching today's show. I have ALWAYS been on Dr. Phil's side.....until now. When is he going to tear into that aunt and let her have it????? I know the Mom is not a real prize, but that Aunt is OUT OF CONTROL! Give her the boot Dr. Phil. I am so sick of her being a major part of the problem and  then turning around and acting like the sweet Aunt who is "trying" to do what's best for the child!! UGGGGG!

January 22, 2007, 2:59 pm CST

Please don't miss your chance, Dr. Phil

After seeing today's show I just had to write.  This is my first time ever, but I just couldn't resist.  I do believe that Kim is probably an alcoholic who needs treatment and recovery.  She does appear to have a chip on her shoulder and is trying very hard to not look at her alcohol problem. However, It is Enza that has really got me disturbed.  Her anger and name calling indicates a person filled with anger.  But most disturbing for me was how, today, she was able to turn all that anger off and actually become understanding and helpful to Kim.   I sincerely hope, Dr. Phil, that you will suggest some help for Enza.  Alanon may be helpful, but for sure some kind of therapy or group is needed.  Good luck to and God bless Alex.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last