Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 20, 2007, 12:34 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

I can't wait to see the show Monday.   I am curious to know what Enza  is apologizing for;  her behavior on the show, her ongoing daming Kim to Alex,  brainwashing Alex to continue hating her mom, or finally Enza admitting that she has not been there for Alex as an Aunt should be instead of creating more issues and drama for Alex.  It is so obvious that Enza uses Alex to get back at Kim for whatever reasons, and that sickens me.    Actions speak louder than words and if  Enza is sincere, she'll start with a great big apology to Alex for not being there for her in the past 4 years or more and step up and start doing more positive things with her and stop the elementary bullshit with Alex,  admit that she has mishandled things about Kim and said things about  Kim to Alex that was not appropriate for her to talk about with Alex. 

Hopefully Kim can see past Enza being there and step up and admit to her real issues for the sake of her family.  I feel as long as Enza is there, Kim will continue to hold back and not be as honest with Dr. Phil and herself as she needs to be to receive the proper help!!  C'mon Kim noone cares what Enza says or thinks about you, but we do care about what you will sacrifice for your own child to get her help.  If Kim is sincere she will do what it takes for her daughter!!  We are praying for you Kim so please do the right thing.  Kim, think of it this way Enza is there for your entertainment, ignore her or just laugh at her she is a fooooool!!!!   Praying for Alex!!  We all should pray for Enza as well she needs some serious help!!      Curious to see what happens!!!

January 20, 2007, 5:22 pm CST

Upset

The mother may not be the best mother in the world, but the aunt is toxic... I don't know what she is doing in the picture, but she needs far away from that child.

January 20, 2007, 6:21 pm CST

I Agree

Quote From: ldingess

I can't wait to see the show Monday.   I am curious to know what Enza  is apologizing for;  her behavior on the show, her ongoing daming Kim to Alex,  brainwashing Alex to continue hating her mom, or finally Enza admitting that she has not been there for Alex as an Aunt should be instead of creating more issues and drama for Alex.  It is so obvious that Enza uses Alex to get back at Kim for whatever reasons, and that sickens me.    Actions speak louder than words and if  Enza is sincere, she'll start with a great big apology to Alex for not being there for her in the past 4 years or more and step up and start doing more positive things with her and stop the elementary bullshit with Alex,  admit that she has mishandled things about Kim and said things about  Kim to Alex that was not appropriate for her to talk about with Alex. 

Hopefully Kim can see past Enza being there and step up and admit to her real issues for the sake of her family.  I feel as long as Enza is there, Kim will continue to hold back and not be as honest with Dr. Phil and herself as she needs to be to receive the proper help!!  C'mon Kim noone cares what Enza says or thinks about you, but we do care about what you will sacrifice for your own child to get her help.  If Kim is sincere she will do what it takes for her daughter!!  We are praying for you Kim so please do the right thing.  Kim, think of it this way Enza is there for your entertainment, ignore her or just laugh at her she is a fooooool!!!!   Praying for Alex!!  We all should pray for Enza as well she needs some serious help!!      Curious to see what happens!!!

I cant agree with u more.. Enza is a real piece of work! She wants to be a hereo in Alex's eyes but shes just thinkin about herself and tearing alex apart inside. And whos the only 1 suffering? Correct ALEX

January 20, 2007, 6:42 pm CST

Family

Quote From: ldingess

I am sad because I believe the mother means well as well as the Aunt and they have to come to a united front to help Alex out. Fighting in front of her is wrong it makes her feel she has to chose. The Aunt is wrong for talking bad about the mother even if it is true. The only way she will receive help is if they are united. Not fight back and forth. They have to agree to disagree and come together for Alex. If the mother was wrong in her past and IF she is truely trying to change to help her daughter then the Aunt has to relize that. The past is the past and the present is the present.

January 20, 2007, 6:43 pm CST

Get rid of Enza

Are you kidding me?  Enza seems to be a huge thorn in the side of both Kim and Alex.  What the hell is she  doing there anyway?  She has absolutley no positive effect on this situation.  Infact she seems to be in the way of this "family" healing itself.  Dr. Phil Why was she involved in the first place?  For T.V. ratings?  Her explosive ways are just too much.  I think once you and the family get rid of her , then they can begin to heal.  Besides how close of an Aunt could she possibly be and how exactley is she Alex's Aunt.  Who's side of the family does she come from?  Please get her out of their way.  I think then Alex and her mother can start to put thier relationship back together.  But as long as she's apart of thier lives it will never work.  Enza BUTT out!

January 20, 2007, 6:59 pm CST

Freaky Enza, big bad witch of the Dr. P. House

Enza is freaking me out!  She is blatantly, vengefully taking out her pathology on the child, not giving a damn who or how many victims she leaves behind, crushed or damaged in her destructive path.  I have heard it said that the craziest person in the room, house, is usually the person who supercedes all others and takes over.  This seems to be a perfect example of that.  Upon hearing her aside discussions with the teenager, I could not help but think this was not happening on any subconscious level that she was not aware of, rather that it was deliberate, vicious and that she was completely aware of what she was doing.  Usually very empathic with people who are sick, I think Enza is sick perhaps only if being brutally vindictive is an illness.  I also cannot help but perceive that she knows she is mixing up the girl and in so doing, exacerbates the issues she conveniently uses to attack the parenting, again, not caring at all and knowing full well the destruction and perhaps life long damage never mind clear and present angst for a child.  Sometimes I am only able to watch the show late evening and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is aired when.  I would really like my roommate to see the first episode with this new family in crisis before the next one airs this coming Monday.  Anyone out there know what the deal is with the late night show, oft they are reruns but in  no sequence, and mostly not the same show shown in the afternoon.  Thanks for the vent!  Marina2u

January 20, 2007, 7:02 pm CST

Kick the Aunt OUT

If I was the girl's Mother, she should kick the Aunt out NOW - cannot figure that one out.  I think she is jealous that she is not the Mother.

Kick her out and right NOW - get a warrant on her.   Be safe now before it goes any further.

January 20, 2007, 8:38 pm CST

This girl needs more than a talking too

Despite what issues that are among this family the focus needs to be on Alex. This problem will not cease until Dr. Phil pulls her aside away from the mom and the cameras and digs deep into this girls past. The average girl that may have seen her mother act in this behavior does not fallow in her footsteps. She will typically find it appalling rather than impressing. Someone needs to find out what happened to Alex as a child for her to act out in this manor would suggest she at some point in time was stripped of her innocents and possible molested as a younger child.

The signs are clear, no 14-15 year old acts this way unless something prior to this event had happened. This is her way of placing the hurt and blame on someone else.  Other issues need to be addressed, she will not speak of the event unless she feels safe and secure of her surroundings. No cameras, no Mom and patient doctor confidentiality exist. She will not come out on national television so as long as you are filming she will not breathe a word of the truth.

January 20, 2007, 9:39 pm CST

What is Kim up to now?

It looks like everyone is being used as a distraction when Kim is the alcoholic of the bunch.  She needs as much help as the daughter.  Enza keeps stirring things up, that is her job.  She must think that she was put there to be on the daughter's side, and cause fighting in the house.I would bet that Dr. Phil would not be able to get a straight answer from anyone there.  There is so much turmoil. There are a lot of core issues there, and to get the girl out of the situation is imperative. The girl deserves a chance for a normal life, and if it takes being placed with Enza, that should be the best thing that could happen.  She seems to care fro the girl, and the teen will listen to Enza.

January 21, 2007, 2:50 am CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: marlene67

If I was the girl's Mother, she should kick the Aunt out NOW - cannot figure that one out.  I think she is jealous that she is not the Mother.

Kick her out and right NOW - get a warrant on her.   Be safe now before it goes any further.

I think Enza is a lot of the problem.She is jealous,vindictive,and has a huge ego problem.She is a real peice of work.I commend the mother for not lowering to her anger.I agree,KICK ENZA OUT NOW!!!!!! She is a mean,spiteful,woman.She is at least half the problem between the mother and daughter.I hope Dr. Phil gets Enza good on Monday.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last