Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 21, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

send enza home

Quote From: nicolej06

I think they should send Enza home beause she can't be nice and is only making things worse! They need to have Alex talk to women has prosituted and let her see what will happen to her if she keeps it up. She will end up like the girl on The Maury Show did, pregnant and that gilr had to get away from her pimp and he wasn't going to let her go. They helped her with getting back into school, finding a house and paying her rentfor 6 months and taking care of her baby. Alex really does need a serious wake up call throuh and so doesn't her mother!
Yes, I think Enza is alot of the problem, I think she wants to take Alex away to get back at her sister. Any one who yells at her sister if front of Alex can't  care to much about her feelings. Kim should stop drinking and focus on her daughter. What's more important. I think Alex should stay away from both Kim and Enza.

January 21, 2007, 3:11 pm CST

I agree who is Enza

Quote From: kldingman

Can someone please fill me in?  How is Enza related to this family?  Is she the sister of Alex's father?  If so where is he?  Why has no one mentioned her father and why he is absent from this process?!  Couldn't the absence of a father figure have any impact on why this child turns to random men for comfort and acceptance?  No one has explained why this aunt is so involved in this child's life.  She is clearly toxic.

I was shocked at what an instinctive dislike I felt about (Enza)  right off. As things have progressed I am blown away at her actions!  She has behaved so badly, she sounds crazy. I would wonder if there is some abuse of Alex she was involved in or knows of.

She was talking to Alex in a brainwashing way. Repeating things, drawing her in, making it as if they were together against every one else. Many times some one pointing a finger so emphatically as she is, has something to hide.

I'm sure no father being around has made an impact on Alex.

January 21, 2007, 6:02 pm CST

Enza is the PROBLEM!

I just cannot stand Enza and have no idea WHY she is even there..........she has not helped in any way shape or form, and I think it was a huge mistake for Dr Phil to even bring her in..........

Enza needs to keep her big mouth and nose out of this entire situation!

January 21, 2007, 8:27 pm CST

family's like this

Quote From: mi_lilly

THANK YOU DR. PHIL!!!

Thanks for having shows like this time and again. There are so many family members like Enza, who dont know what to do. I am in a similar situation. I did the wrong things, but I tried to do something. One therapist, working thru the school, quit after meeting so much resistance, from the family member of teens he was trying to help. Thanks, Dr Phil for your dedication and innovation in treating families.

That is scary, there are a lot of problems in my own family. One large  one due to the fact that my 22nd year old son who is mentally ill because his biological mother took drugs is one. My husband and my other grown children have  had to deal with these mental illness issues, never mind the fact that my Son will never have a normal life because of someone elses problems. We have always gotten help for him and continue in many different ways to help including letiing other agencys help him. So , I guess, my point which isn't coming out clearly is. these shows kindof make me sick. Here we did nothing but help our Son and the problems never end for him or us and this family with that Aunt is just so terrible. Yelling, pointing fingers, drinking problems  and on and on. I hate this particular show because is shows such dispare and we  here at our house, who have only tried to get the help my Son needs, sees a family that has been in denial for God knows how long. I wish there could be some happy endings to  these t ype of problems , but when you have family memebers that make things worse, it will be nearly impossible. All of a suddend the girl won't be ok, just because Dr. Phil stepped in. It will be because of his vast resources and ties that can get the girl away from her family.
My Son, like many other metally ill people , who need help and many times  refuse it will continue to struggle along day by day. That's life, there are no guarinteens, I know, and sorry about the spelling issues here,  but I will not give up on my Son , but with the laws the way they are, there is only so much I can do . He must want help also and if t here are other  poeple out there with relatives with mental health issues, le me know......sable

January 21, 2007, 9:17 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: sarahann

The mother may not be the best mother in the world, but the aunt is toxic... I don't know what she is doing in the picture, but she needs far away from that child.

I think the aunt is far more dangerous to the child than the mother...the mother has a substance problem, what is Enza's excuse???

January 21, 2007, 10:09 pm CST

Teen Intervention is crucial;however, Enza should be tossed out on her ear.

Dr. Phil,

Alex needs to be stopped, before her whole life is totally ruined. We know that you and your show will put a stop to her antics, and of course before she destroys her life.

I thought when I read this about what destroyed my own life at almost the same age. And now I am getting old it seems.  I can't ever get back what turned my whole life into such agony.  I  think that had my mom not been allowed to do what she did to me, I would have at a least a chance to be happy.  I had an arranged marriage at 18 (by my mom of course).  That was way too soon for any marriage anyway.  She told me that was the best I could do; she said I wouldn't have found anyone. Wow, she always got exactly what she wanted. I was in love with a guy who I had dated for 3 years.  No one could have made me happy, because of the man who had captured my heart.

So getting back to Alex, you need to get her mom and Enza completely out of Alex's life forever.  Teach Alex to love herself. 

I can't stand Enza at all.  If her mom was saying that of course she will have to sober up and very soon, or she will lose her girl forever.  Make her see that she is the worst part of what Alex has learned.  Tell Kim that she can see Alex only if she stays sober for a very long time, and she needs to stop all of her adult behaviors, in order for to even see Alex.  She is a loser to be doing what she is doing in front of Alex. 

January 21, 2007, 10:14 pm CST

Enza's brother is Alex's Father

Quote From: kldingman

Can someone please fill me in?  How is Enza related to this family?  Is she the sister of Alex's father?  If so where is he?  Why has no one mentioned her father and why he is absent from this process?!  Couldn't the absence of a father figure have any impact on why this child turns to random men for comfort and acceptance?  No one has explained why this aunt is so involved in this child's life.  She is clearly toxic.

Enza is the sister of the strangely absent father of Alex. Not sure what is up there.   

January 21, 2007, 11:30 pm CST

Normal life

Quote From: seeyah

"The girl deserves a chance for a normal life, and if it takes being placed with Enza, that should be the best thing that could happen.  She seems to care fro the girl, and the teen will listen to Enza." ......................Quote from angell

You've got to be kidding me! You think placing a teenage girl in the home of a proven rageaholic is better? Addiction is addiction and rage is just another addiction. Butter isn't going to melt in the mouth of Enza on Monday's show as she moves along to bully another target....Jeanette. Don't fall for it people, and remember this is real life for Alex, Kim and Jeanette. Let's hope Dr. Phil finds and pays for a good therapist for the only people that matter. Enza buzz off, you aren't to be trusted.     

I seriously can not concieve of a way that her living with Enza would be in any way shape or form a normal life. Granted Mom, does not get 'Mother of the Year Award'... but Mom through her mistakes and stumbling is still Mom, and is still trying have the best outcome for her daughter. Enza has an obvious vendetta against Mom and has done whatever she can to nurture that vendetta and get Alex on her side in a "it's us against your Mom" kind of way which is in no way productive to Alex.

Alex and her Mother need to find a way back to being Mother and daughter.......Enza if she continues the way she is portrayed on the show will only interfere with that and will have NOTHING POSITIVE to contribute to Alex's life. Believe me although having an ally (Aunt) on your side, saying Mom does x,y and z wrong will only lead to more confusion as Alex matures and realizes Enza is not doing this to help her but is more so doing it to hurt her Mother.

January 21, 2007, 11:30 pm CST

Normal life

Quote From: seeyah

"The girl deserves a chance for a normal life, and if it takes being placed with Enza, that should be the best thing that could happen.  She seems to care fro the girl, and the teen will listen to Enza." ......................Quote from angell

You've got to be kidding me! You think placing a teenage girl in the home of a proven rageaholic is better? Addiction is addiction and rage is just another addiction. Butter isn't going to melt in the mouth of Enza on Monday's show as she moves along to bully another target....Jeanette. Don't fall for it people, and remember this is real life for Alex, Kim and Jeanette. Let's hope Dr. Phil finds and pays for a good therapist for the only people that matter. Enza buzz off, you aren't to be trusted.     

I seriously can not concieve of a way that her living with Enza would be in any way shape or form a normal life. Granted Mom, does not get 'Mother of the Year Award'... but Mom through her mistakes and stumbling is still Mom, and is still trying have the best outcome for her daughter. Enza has an obvious vendetta against Mom and has done whatever she can to nurture that vendetta and get Alex on her side in a "it's us against your Mom" kind of way which is in no way productive to Alex.

Alex and her Mother need to find a way back to being Mother and daughter.......Enza if she continues the way she is portrayed on the show will only interfere with that and will have NOTHING POSITIVE to contribute to Alex's life. Believe me although having an ally (Aunt) on your side, saying Mom does x,y and z wrong will only lead to more confusion as Alex matures and realizes Enza is not doing this to help her but is more so doing it to hurt her Mother.

January 22, 2007, 1:20 am CST

Alex innocent?

I believe that Alex is not the innocent 'child' that Dr. Phil thinks she is.  Yes there are serious issues between Kim and Enza.  However, Alex loves to instigate the drama between the mother and the aunt.  I think Alex has been lying to her mother and aunt about the other.  She is a master manipulater to get the focus on her.  Even though it is negative attention, to her it is attention.  Some kind of attention is better than no attention. 

I have no idea why Kim has allowed Enza to be so involved in Alex's life.  Especially with all the backstabbing going on.  Kim should've stopped that a long time ago.  Enza must have something on Kim for her to have such an influence in her and her daughter's life. 

And now Enza and Kim are plotting against the mother? No wonder Alex is the way she is.....she had the best teachers in the world.  What a shame. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last