Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 6:18 am CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Okay, at the risk of sounding cynical here,

Mom and Enza have now kissed an made up, amazing how that happens in such a short time after how mnay years of bittrness ? So now they'll gang up on Grandma, who it seemed to me was the only one capable of shutting up, hmm, my prediction is that Gramnmother will be to blame for all of Kim's problems (forgetting of course that Kim is a Grown Up now capable of knowing right from wrong, and making that choice ) Kim's problem, and I'd take this bet, is she's going to follow along with the strongest personality there, and that's Enza.

Well at least the girl won't have to go home with any of them, then maybe she stands a chance at nomalcy and structure that she has been lacking in her life, it will be much easier for her to open up when she's not in the middle of a war zone, but what will save her is when Mom Grows Up, gets her self out of denial and goes for serious help herself, I would NOT allow that aunt back unless and until she GREW UP and learned when to shut up.

HMMM, guess that was more mean than cynical

January 22, 2007, 6:20 am CST

Quote From: samuelson2005

I believe that Alex is not the innocent 'child' that Dr. Phil thinks she is.  Yes there are serious issues between Kim and Enza.  However, Alex loves to instigate the drama between the mother and the aunt.  I think Alex has been lying to her mother and aunt about the other.  She is a master manipulater to get the focus on her.  Even though it is negative attention, to her it is attention.  Some kind of attention is better than no attention. 

I have no idea why Kim has allowed Enza to be so involved in Alex's life.  Especially with all the backstabbing going on.  Kim should've stopped that a long time ago.  Enza must have something on Kim for her to have such an influence in her and her daughter's life. 

And now Enza and Kim are plotting against the mother? No wonder Alex is the way she is.....she had the best teachers in the world.  What a shame. 

And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought Alex wasn't the sweet innocent child she's portrayed as.

But if she isn't I agree with you, she's had the best teachers

January 22, 2007, 7:18 am CST

ENSA NEEDS TO HIT THE DOOR

THIS WOMAN HAS TO GO --- WHAT A MESS!   HOPE DR. PHIL -- NAILS HER BIG TIME.

January 22, 2007, 7:25 am CST

Just an observation?

I was concerned that the Grandma was so silent but now I see why.  After the Mom and Aunt was given the whats wrong with them, they turned to Grandma to share guilt and ease their

burden?  Grandma is not respected but expected to handle and monitor the kids?  Well that would be so Mom don't have to handle and monitor?  Easy now to say Grandma may not be needed after she already did so much?  All teh time Mom had to not monitor, handle or be there, Grandma was?  Now that change is needed she wants to control what Grandma is to the family?  She needs to control what she is, support her Mom, enforce respecting Grandma and not expect the Grandma to do so much parenting, then maybe a better balance will form?

The Aunt admitted to her problems when confronted but then helps go after the Grandma?

hell no, stay on changing herself and help enforce children to respect their Grandma! 

this young girl did see and hear way too much from their Mom and Aunt, it was irratating to see Grandma blamed to that point of getting her out of the house.  How easy it would be to say look proof: Grandma out and problems down now that Dr. Phil has been the re3al reason the family is better no matter who lives in the house?

I hope that Mom and Aunt stay on themselves changing to who they are to the children, including enforcing respecting the Grandma which obviously they have not been doing?

No I do nto think Grandma is innocent of not having some negative impact, just it is not her

responsibility to be the monitor or responsible person on the troubles?

it's all of them the whole family dinamics.  I think there is more that happened to this young girl than she is telling before the sexual actions they see now?  She started somewhere with someone who had her available or was allowed in her life?  Who taught her about this kind of attention?  It is there in a closet still?

I am so glad to see this young lady taken out of the family to get help.  She so needs it.

I hope all them grown men get punished with full sentences for their crimes against young people.  Way too many getting away with this stuff.

Know theese men are everywhere: where a teenager works, at the corner, a neighbor, schools,

kid hangout places like roller rinks and in families.  Get them Dr. Phil, make a great example of how wrong they are!

January 22, 2007, 7:39 am CST

Adults are not (getting It)

If the adults are so caught up in their own melodramma no wonder the child i seeking attention from men.  If all she has at home is listening to everyone fight and feel the tension of course she is going to seek out attention (loving attention) from anyone who will give it to her.

The child should be removed from the home and the parents need to take parenting classes and learn how to communicate and not blame each other.  They all need to take a good look at themselves.  ALL OF THEM PLAY A ROLE IN WHY ALEX IS ACTING OUT!

January 22, 2007, 8:09 am CST

Enza

Dear Dr. Phil:

I have waited anxiously for you to have Enza pack her bags and go home. She has contributed not one thing positive to this situation. Instead she seems to feed on creating drama and conflicts between Alex, her Mother and Grandmother. Today having been 'called out' for her divisive behavior toward Alex and her Mom she has moved on to creating a division between the Mother and Grandmother.

Dr. Phil as far as I'm concerned the last thing this venomous, evil, vicious trouble maker wants is for the family to heal. She is a myopic self-centered ego-maniac more concerned with being on TV (she came with all her outfits, make-up and hair-do's) than she is about the welfare of this little girl (which is what Alex is) or her family. Dr. Phil...in dealing with this hateful harpy you have displayed the patience of Job...I don't thing much else can be done with this shrew short of an exorcism ...so Please, PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE Dr. Phil... send Enza packing and out of this family's life for good.!

January 22, 2007, 8:10 am CST

WHATS THE STORY WITH DAD???????  He hasn't been mentioned this whole time.  Is he dead?  in jail?  what?

January 22, 2007, 8:10 am CST

Is it only me or does anyone else see what a two-faced, coniving, back stabbing you know what Enza is? She is constantly talking one way to one person and then acting like she is your friend to someone else. Why does she feel so entitled to being a part of this family's problems. She should state her concerns and that is it. She appears to be a huge part of the problem, when is Dr. Phil going to address that?

January 22, 2007, 8:14 am CST

ridiculous

I can't believe that aunt is allowed to be involved in the family dynamics...the mom, daughter and grandmother have enough to deal with without that poison being injected into the mix.  Dr. Phil should send the aunt to counseling for her own irrational behavior and not allow the aunt to be near the daughter until she has had indepth counseling.  The mom, grandma and daughter/grandchild need life skills.  They need to be shown that they are a team in this game of life.  The focus should be primarily on the daughter/grandchild while working the mom & grandmom work on their mom/daughter relationship healing/fixing.  I feel bad for the whole family.  Question: Who is the Aunt married to that makes her the Aunt to the Child.  I missed that.  Whoever she is married to should be in counseling as well.

January 22, 2007, 8:28 am CST

Enza is A Venemous Snake!

Dear Dr. Phil:

Why is that vicious Aunt in the house in the first place!??! She seems to have two agenda's cause a much chaos as she can and try to profile for TV (She came with all the outfits make-up and hairdo's in tow). This woman has been counterproductive (and that's being kind), she seems to have attempted to undermine any attempts at healing this family instead she's just feeds on creating drama and chaos.

Dr. Phil this woman could careless about this child or the best interest of this family...other than making sure they don't get healthy. You have exhibited the patience of Job when it  comes to Enza who after being exposed for plotting against Kim has now turned her attention on plots against Grandma ( the only sane person in the house as far as I'm concerned). Dr. Phil please, PLEASE, PLEASE do everyone concerned a favor and send Enza packing with the recommendation that she either seek psychiatric assistance or be committed herself. The woman is a snake!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last