Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 8:36 am CST

Where is Alex's father?

I want to know where Alex's father is.

Is Enza the father's sister or Kim's sister?

Why does Enza believe that she is so much better than Kim. Her foul mouth and attitude is terrible. I know that Dr. Phil has his work cut out for him.

January 22, 2007, 8:41 am CST

WHERE'S DAD??????/

How can they go 3 weeks on this thing and not mention her father?????? Where IS he?  Is he dead?  I don't think so because mom said today that she "chose" to be a single mom.  Is he in prison????  Is he in the witness protection program???  How can they NOT talk about him?  Not having a father in the picture is part of the reason young girls turn to other men. 

WHATS THE DEAL DR. PHIL????????

January 22, 2007, 8:59 am CST

ENZA THE MANIPULATER

IT'S SO OBVIOUS THAT ENZA LIKES TO CONTROL AND MANIPULATE EVERY SITUATION. AFTER DR.PHIL GOT ON HER FOR HER BEHAVIOR WITH ALEX AND KIM-SHE THEN MANIPULATED KIM INTO DRAMA WITH GRANDMA.

OBVIOUSLY THIS WOMAN IS NOT HAPPY UNLESS SHE IS MANIPULATING AND CONTROLLING EVERYONE AROUND HER. I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN A MORE CONTROLLING,TOXIC,MANIPULATIVE PERSON IN MY LIFE.

ENZA NEEDS TO GO.

January 22, 2007, 9:15 am CST

stepchildren who steal from you

I am new to these boards and at the end of my rope.  I have 5 stepdaughters.  Over the past few years the oldest  has been on a roll.  Getting drunk on the bus and at football games.  Giving oral sex to multiple boys in full view of many other kids.  Lying constanty.  Her biological mother sloughs it off saying she will have sex sooner or later.  This began at 13.  Recently she threw out a lot of personal mementos (senior pictures, prom pictures, graduation tassels, school books etc...... that belonged to my older son.  The same weekend she stole an expensive necklace from my daughter.  I realized from her computer  history that she was shopping the Tiffany's website for the exact necklace for a friend's birthday.  We found the necklace in her jacket pocket.  she claimed she was framed.  Her father says that he believes her.  I don't know what to do.  I said that I didn't want my stepdaughter in the house until she has counseling.  He said then he leaves.  I brokedown and said I don't want you to go I'd like her to stay in her room when she is her until after counseling.  that was still not good enough.  What do I do to protect my kids!!!

January 22, 2007, 9:20 am CST

The grandmother.

I could not believe that Kim would let Alex talk about her mother that way. The two of them shocked me. Is "unhappy" the worst thing they can say about her when they themselves are hateful, verbally abusive, and alcoholic? We don't know much about the grandmother but if Kim has told her children to disregard everything she says then I can't imagine how she stays in the household. I can only think that if the grandmother had been given a bit of respect and authority over the children then perhaps she could have taught Alex a few things, like how to use a knife and fork. There is so much here I would like to know more about. Where is Alex's father? Does she have a grandfather? I have read that the number one predictor of promiscuity in teen girls is whether or noot they have a close relationship with their father. Kim said today that she "chose to be a single mother." Alex might be a good example of why that isn't always such a good choice.

January 22, 2007, 9:35 am CST

Oh My!

Oh My!  Watching really makes me wonder, "What are you people thinking!"  First, Kim needs to realize she has a problem (s),  Clean your act up so you can be the Mother you want to be.

As for Kim's Mother, she needs to move on and quit depending on Kim and stop making her feel guilty.

Enza is a trouble maker and on the show tries to become the savior to Alex.  Enza needs help too.  She says one thing and does another.  Enza might be fooling everyone on the show, but I can see right through her.  She is so quick to point her finger.  Enza becareful when you look in the mirror, because you may really see who you are.

Alex take the help that is offered to you and know you are a pretty girl and by no fault of yours alone, you have taken a wrong turn.  We all make mistakes and you know what, thats ok, because we learn from our mistakes. Alex, be true to yourself, because you must love yourself first befor you can understand , forgive, and accept others.  Stand up for what you belive in (yourself).   Good luck! 

January 22, 2007, 12:14 pm CST

Enza

I could not believe what I saw Enza doing on the show today.  She is unbelievable.

What I saw was a calculating woman who is doing nothing to help this family.  She is a drama addict, wanting to always be right.  She is the one who needs help as well. 

I could not believe how she took Alex into the room and said she would never bad mouth her mother, then in the exact same sentence, trashed her mother to the ground, then manipulates Alex into thinking she is her best friend.  This woman is dangerous to this child.  This child has no one and I believe is confusing sex with love. 

I applaud the mother for not hauling off and knocking Enza across the room.  Enza seemed to be the one continually starting the fights in front of the child.  When the mother asks her to stop, she gets louder and more abusive to the mother in front of the child. 

Dr. Phil, she needs one of your scoldings!

January 22, 2007, 12:15 pm CST

Help Enza

I think Enza could be a show of her own...She has as many issues as the rest of the family.  Where are Enza's kids?

January 22, 2007, 12:20 pm CST

She's the child

Quote From: samuelson2005

I believe that Alex is not the innocent 'child' that Dr. Phil thinks she is.  Yes there are serious issues between Kim and Enza.  However, Alex loves to instigate the drama between the mother and the aunt.  I think Alex has been lying to her mother and aunt about the other.  She is a master manipulater to get the focus on her.  Even though it is negative attention, to her it is attention.  Some kind of attention is better than no attention. 

I have no idea why Kim has allowed Enza to be so involved in Alex's life.  Especially with all the backstabbing going on.  Kim should've stopped that a long time ago.  Enza must have something on Kim for her to have such an influence in her and her daughter's life. 

And now Enza and Kim are plotting against the mother? No wonder Alex is the way she is.....she had the best teachers in the world.  What a shame. 

Alex is the one person that is the most likely to be pulled out of this cycle of abuse.

I doubt Dr. Phil is fooled easily... it is no surprise she is in an abusive situation and acting out badly. Kids don't have the perspective and experience to see the big picture. I don't think it's a matter of being innocent or not.

Kids can learn coping methods that aren't healthy when they are stressed and lost and with all the nastiness she's seeing around her she needs some one to point out the possitives. She's a teenager so of course she is not innocent.

Being a teenager and being in turmoil she has not felt she is worthy of attention so she does things to get the attention she is craving. She is on a slippery slope with her bad habits, I don't think Dr. Phil is treating her as if she is innocent, he's treating her gently and kindly.  Just having some one say you are worth protecting "you are worthy just because you are you" when all you are hearing otherwise is negative about every thing but especially yourself can make a huge difference!

January 22, 2007, 12:29 pm CST

BEWARE OF ENZA- DON'T TRUST HER

She's so hard to listen to.  She's so hateful and manipulative.  She needs some serious therapy of her own from Dr. Phil.  She had the dirtiest mouth in front of Alex during that kitchen fight.  Dr. Phil needed to point that out to her.  Alex's mother isn't perfect, but at least she tried to keep her cool during Enza's bombardments.  Enza is only confusing Alex. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last