Message Boards

Topic : 06/20 Snobs and Egomaniacs

Number of Replies: 103
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/23/07) Do you know people whose egos are off the charts? Dr. Phil’s guests take self-love to the extreme. Renee believes that she’s right all the time and even brags that her friends worship her. Her fiancé, Chuck, says Renee is confused because he’s the one who excels at everything. The couple says their ego wars are all fun and games, so why were the police recently at their house? Then, Desiree says her husband-to-be, Anthony, thinks he’s God’s gift to women. She says he won’t go to the gas station without putting on cologne, tells his family he’s “sexy as hell,” and he even puts on stripteases … for himself! Anthony says he’s not conceited; he just has really high self-esteem. Is Anthony’s big head going to cause big problems in his relationship? Plus, don’t miss the hidden camera experiment that Dr. Phil conducts on his audience. Do you know a snob? Tell us!

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 23, 2007, 1:29 pm CST

Chuch & Renee

These are the two most juvenile people I have ever seen!  WOW.  What type of adult needs to define themselves by how good they play a game!  Come on people, quit living out your glory days of High School and grow up.  That is maybe you were not that good and think you need to be now.  You are just making complete fools of yourselves.  DO NOT bring a child into this relationship.  Can you imagine the arrogant little brat that would be.  OR incredibly insecure because his/her parents would always be telling them how inadequate they were so they did not look better then.

January 23, 2007, 1:36 pm CST

i agree

I agree... because I am watching the show right now and it has nothing to do with God. I think some people are being VERY egotistical.

January 23, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

Renee-Get a Life!

This girl is soooooo insecure, it's unbelievable!  From what I saw on the show. She is way too much in love with herself to ever find room for anyone else in her life. If I were her fiance, I'd move on. She will never change and your entire lives will be nothing but having to listen to how PERFECT she is. That would make for a real BORING life!

January 23, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

I was raised

I was raised being told by my mother and my grandmother...never leave the house without being all made up...because you never know when you will meet mr. right...I know I am great pretty but I dont think I have a big ego..I think it was just the way I was raised.  Always being told by people that I look nice and being looked at by others.  Sometimes pressure to look a certain way will eventully make you think you look good and you start acting a certain way,  Maybe anthony has been told he looks good all his life, and is just sucumbing to it now!

January 23, 2007, 1:48 pm CST

Meeting a partner's needs

My husband speaks pretty highly of himself--to the point where I once thought I didn't need to compliment or reassure him.  Eventually  he began spending too much time with a secretary who constantly told him he was the greatest.  Eventually we separated.

We began counselling and were able to save and strengthen our marriage.  I learned it is important to focus on on what I love about him and talk to him about that.  Fault-finding did nothing to strengthen or relationship. 

January 23, 2007, 1:51 pm CST

01/23 Snobs and Egomaniacs

Quote From: queenvaron

You really think this guy is a snob huh? You haven't seen anything until you look at my husband. He is not only a snob that looks down on everyone, but he is also a master mainpulator and would have you believe that he is the savior of the world. He is what I call Mr. Big Cadillac Man Manipulator. He is very immature and plays with his toys, big or small. I had to sell off his tremendous G.I. Joe collection because he said f I lost the car that I lost him. He has done immeasurable things to not only me, but to other people. He tells lies about me to other people and states that I make him feel like a hillbilly. It was my trucker's hands that supported us most of our marriage. Yet he lets people know that I am a phramaceuticul representative that works for Eli Lilly making a six figure income. He tells people lies. When I had to work at Wal-Mart for a time people asked him if I was his wife working at Wal-Mart and he told them no that I was his wife's sister. Before we were married one of the stipulations that I had was that he had to have Jesus Christ as his Savior. He said he did and then I found out after we were married that he had lied to me. The Master Manipulator is what I call him and I would like to see you try that one on for size. There is so much more to the story than this, but that is another cookie for another day. Every day is a struggle for me. I take one day at a time. Can you imagine having to go to the bathroom in a bucket because you are trying to save a few dollars on sewage, or that you don't have money for Monstat 1-Day treatent for your yeast infections because Magic Cards are too important to your husband? You cannot begin to imagine my world. Be happy the guy is only conceited and nothing more. If he is more than that he will deny you the very freedom you have so he can satisfy his material wants (not needs).
Ok, remember, we  teach people how to treat us and if you are still allowing this so called husband to manipulate and treat you worse then dirt,t ehn that is your fault. Iknow it is easier said then done, but if you want a better life, if you want to be treated with love and dignity, then leaave him NOW. I am aChristian and I beleive in marriage 100%, I bleieve God is for marriage as well but we are also taught to respect one another, ot exactly in those words, but where in the Bible does it say, the husband is to abuse, manipulate and mistreat his wife? IT DOESN"T, it tells the husabnd to love their wives as Christ loved the church and what did he do for the Churc, HE died for it, he did not abuse and maniputae.

I also believe people can change, but if they are not given the opportunity, or told "to get help, change or you lose" type of thing then they are not gonna do it. WHy do you put upw ith it? What is in this marriage thatyou keeps you there? Do you enjoy being treated like crap or do you want something done aboutit? If you want something done about it, tehn do something. I believe God wants us to be happy but he expects us to help our selves, you deserve better and if heisn't willing to change and be a good loving husband then that's his choice, not yours. I beleive in both spouses putting in 100% as marriage is about ttwo people, not one and your marriage,w ell, it doesn't sound like a marriage, it sounds like a torture chamber for you any way.

We teach people how to treat us so if you want to be treated better, do something about it, regardless of how easy hard it might be, reach out, find help, something, otherwise, things will always stay the same and that's a choice you are going to have to make.

January 23, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

It never fails, Brooke,

Quote From: brookewebb

I agree... because I am watching the show right now and it has nothing to do with God. I think some people are being VERY egotistical.

He seems to get dragged into almost every conversation on these boards!  I apologize for my contribution.

peace

January 23, 2007, 2:54 pm CST

I know Chuck and Renee

I am a Dr. Phil-aholic so I tune into the show today and my jaw dropped seeing Chuck and Renee or should I say say Renee and Chuck.  Chuck and I have had season tickets to the Browns since 1999 and  I sit right behind them, we have developed a casual friendship, and Renee's brother bought some of my tickets this year (lousy season).  I can tell you that these are two great people from what I know of them and a couple of the funniest, nicest people I know.  Is Renee full of herself...sure but I really think the diagnosis that she is insecure and trying to make up for it is way off from what I know of her.  She is not lacking in confidence in the least and I think more women could benefit from approaching life as fearlessly as she does (OK maybe not as much as she does... but a little bit).  Chuck is also a very confident and secure guy, the only kind of guy that could date and marry a strong woman like Renee.  I really see these two succeeding dispite what was portrayed on the show.  Really two great people who will make it together.

January 23, 2007, 3:21 pm CST

Is hubby/wife your adversary????

I have had a great marriage for 17 years. However, it has been nearly perfect the past 1.5 years after hubby and I took a "Marriage Encounter" weekend (offered thru the Catholic diocese). It was then that I realized that I (too often) saw my spouse as my "adversary."

I competed with him. I felt if I built him up, that would mean I wasn't as good or worthy. In every game we played, my goal wasn't to win (although that would have been nice); rather, my goal was to BEAT my husband. I actually got gratification from seeing him lose.

After our weekend together (and with other married couples), I started to step back and think about what I had learned and THINK ABOUT WHY I saw hubby as my adversary. After I stepped back, I realized I needed to change. I did change (quickly) and my old habits died. Since then, a great marriage has been WONDERFUL and EARTH-SHATTERING. Hubby and I are even closer and although we seldom fought, we stlll get along even better now!

Yes, if your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend is your adversary, YOU have yet to know true happiess...and you have a problem! Work on yourself an your relationship; the results will be SO GREAT!

January 23, 2007, 3:32 pm CST

Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee.

While watching the show today, I was reminded of Mohammed Ali. One of his sayings back in the day was, " I don't know what I'm talkin' about, but I know I'm right." The first couple reminded me of a couple of boxers dukin' it out in the ring. I think the guy in the second couple was ready to make a change before he left the stage.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last