Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Rude and Crude People

Number of Replies: 258
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:28:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/25/07) Have you had it with a rude and crude relative or friend? Or do people incorrectly label you as one? Sisters Alex and Melissa say they can't understand why people perceive them as arrogant snobs. According to them, they are just confident models, and "Plain Janes” misinterpret their actions and are threatened by them. They say they want to change their ways, but when Dr. Phil puts them to the test, will they accept the challenge? Then, Jennifer says her husband of three years, Billy, is the crudest of them all. He wears t-shirts with obscene language, calls his wife names and teaches their kids to swear. She says his behavior has grown so bad that if he doesn’t change, she’s going to walk out the door. Why does Billy say it's all Jennifer's fault? Can Billy learn to clean up his act to save his marriage? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 24, 2007, 2:22 pm CST

Same here

Quote From: gwarrior6

I realize that playing "devil's advocate" with myself is a bit odd, but whatever.  There are probably other ways with dealing with rude people without resorting to the "Kill Bill" style of vindictiveness.  How else can I shove a rude person into reality without breaking my foot off in his butt? (Isn't that a lovely image?).  Hmmm....
I have had run-ins w/ girls in the dressing rooms, restrooms, you name it. And I've noticed that it's usually teenagers. They have this attitude of "I own the world, and you are just living in it". Like they are owed something. I went to a Varsity basketball game last night w/ my two preteen sons, and I was being bumped and pushed over out of my seat the whole time. By teen girls who didn't even have the courtesy to say excuse me. I was however, bumped by a teen boy and he said I'm sorry. Figure that one out?!?!?

January 24, 2007, 7:05 pm CST

01/25 Rude and Crude People

Quote From: ksueditz

I have had run-ins w/ girls in the dressing rooms, restrooms, you name it. And I've noticed that it's usually teenagers. They have this attitude of "I own the world, and you are just living in it". Like they are owed something. I went to a Varsity basketball game last night w/ my two preteen sons, and I was being bumped and pushed over out of my seat the whole time. By teen girls who didn't even have the courtesy to say excuse me. I was however, bumped by a teen boy and he said I'm sorry. Figure that one out?!?!?

My biggest pet peeve is rude people. They are no better than the excrement that comes from my dog. Rude people need a reality check. It seems that teen girls think the world revolves around them. Oh well for all the parents out there with girls like these it reflects on how they are raised.

January 25, 2007, 12:26 am CST

Rude and Crude People..

The husband should be ashamed of himself for treating his wife that way and for teaching their children to swear like that. Everytime I go out somewhere if someone holds the door open for me I make sure to say an audible "Thank you" especially if it is a child. I do my best to hold doors open for people as well but sometimes am not able to because of my disability(I am not able to stand for more than a few minutes. I find that in my city (about 65,000 people) that men are the ones more likely to say thank you than the women are. Goes back to that sense of entitlement I believe, if it really irks me at the time I will say loud enough "You're welcome"

When out for dinner I always say please and thank you to the server because I know what it is like to work in the service industry. I worked at our local WAL MART for almost three years when it first opened and do not even get me started on the RUDE people I had to deal with there...

January 25, 2007, 3:40 am CST

Rude and Crude is just immature

"Then, Jennifer says her husband of three years, Billy, is the crudest of them all. He wears t-shirts with obscene language, calls his wife names and teaches their kids to swear."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How sad that this is the example a grown man provides for his children (a man who's supposed to be a role model for his children, especially his sons). Children need wings to fly. He is providing his with ankle weights that will cost them relationships, respect from others and self-respect. Very sad.

Too many people today are lacking in class. They not only disrepect others, but they disrespect themselves (often without even being bright enough to know it). Again, very sad.

Nobody needs to be rude OR crude. People can be assertive AND polite instead; they'll fare much better in this world if they choose these instead.

January 25, 2007, 3:59 am CST

rude and crude people

I get really angry when I meet rude or crude people.  It makes my hair stand on my back.  When i have had to catch the train to work, years ago, I remember many times how the men wouldn't stand up if there was a pregnant lady standing up. I thought how selfish and rude of them.  Billy, jennifer's husband really has to stop doing what hes doing for the childrens sake and also for his wife's mental and emotional health.   When he calls his wife names he puts her down and makes her feel small and insignificant. Slowly she shrivels up and dies or leaves the marriage.  In teaching his children swear words he is going to be sorry when they go to school.  And its not fair to the children, The parents of the other children at school will not appreciate the bad words coming from their mouths.  I just hope that Billy will heed good advice and be willing to change his crude ways.  Crude people embarass me. 

January 25, 2007, 4:08 am CST

01/25 Rude and Crude People

Quote From: powers009

My biggest pet peeve is rude people. They are no better than the excrement that comes from my dog. Rude people need a reality check. It seems that teen girls think the world revolves around them. Oh well for all the parents out there with girls like these it reflects on how they are raised.

Your message made me laugh!  But seriously, you raise a good point. If parents would hold tight to their own purse strings and let the gravy train park itself in the freight yard, may be there would be less attitude and sense of entitlement floating around. Let their teenagers  earn their fancy handbags and designer clothes. (What?? I have to WORK for these things???) And as far as the fresh mouths go, I would not tolerate it for one second.  But how many times in the stores do  you hear teenage girls talking nasty to their mothers and they just allow it.  Usually the spoiled brat is whining because she wants Mommy to buy her something. And lots of times they wear Mommy down until she gives in.

To the parents who ARE teaching their kids manners and who teach their children to save up for things they want or to get a job to help pay for them...you are doing a great job...congratulations! 

January 25, 2007, 5:57 am CST

If They are Nice to me I willl be nice to them?

Melissa made a statement that she goes with her gut feelings.  SHe said if people are nice to her she will be nice to them.  So what if other people use the same rule?  That would mean that no one would be nice to anyone because no one will go first!  If she won't be nice to anyone first then no one will be nice to her following the same reason.  No wonder everyone thinks she is a snob!!!

January 25, 2007, 6:00 am CST

selfish

Quote From: mickeylong

I believe that there is a lack of just plain COMMON SENSE  these days. People push by ya without saying excuse me.... nobody says please or thankyou... when women hold the door for a man they don't even say THANK YOU!  What is going on with people these days??????  Do we have to teach COMMON SENSE as a course in school also?????

signed

FRUSTRATED IN BROWNVILLE NY

What is going on with people today is that we are all becoming a very selfish society that only focusses on the individual needs instead of also looking at each others needs.  It's all about me, me, me.  It is all well and good to look at what makes me a better person(meaning happier and peaceful) but we need to look at the people around us and accept them as part of our world in that we should care about our neighbors.

January 25, 2007, 7:09 am CST

rude people and me

When someone is rude to me or someone else, I have a tendency to grow horns.  I feel the need to socially castrate them (I think it's called leveling) out of sheer boredom and to entertain myself.  I think I thrive on this.  It's like, "Who's your Daddy NOW, jerk"!   Hell hath no fury like my personality disorder...lol!  I think it revs my engine...is that normal?

January 25, 2007, 7:10 am CST

Where are our values? I am so mad that I have never e mailed the Dr. Phil show but have taken time to sign up to post this message. As I am sitting here sending photos of my daughter who was born with a facial deformity ( Goldenhar Syndrome) and talking

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last