Message Boards

Topic : 01/26 Bullies

Number of Replies: 388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:29:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Bullying has been making front page news and causing outrage across the country. It’s a dangerous trend that has grown out of control. Dr. Phil plays a disturbing video that has been broadcast all over the Internet and news. Three high school girls brutally pummel a young girl while a video camera captures every slap, punch and horrifying kick. Steve Levy, the Suffolk County Executive, joins Dr. Phil via satellite, to discuss the vicious attack. Then, Natasha is a 15-year-old bully who admits that she has no problem pushing, hitting and cursing out any student who doesn’t do what she says. Natasha faces off with Sarah and Dory, two girls she continually taunts at school every day. Will Sarah and Dory retaliate by resorting to “mean girl” behavior, or will all three come to a compromise? And, Dr. Phil’s son, Jay, has an empowering message for the teens. Plus, the school principal and the parents of Natasha, Sarah and Dory weigh in. Have you been the victim of a bully? Share your story here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 14, 2007, 3:32 pm CST

we are being bullied

Quote From: softsinger

Finally, someone is paying attention to bullying!  I was the victim of bullies constantly in school, and even the guidance counselor would just say that if I just ignored them, they'd stop.  Finally the rest of the world is realizing what an utter load of manure that is!  The other one that gets me is the rhyme about "Sticks and stones may break my bones..."  I don't know about anyone else, but given the choice, I'll take the sticks and stones.  Words hurt worse.
My son is being bullied at school. We were bullied by the school administration at the beginning of the year and antimidated. They tried to ostrisize us out of the schools. It was HORRIBLE!! I would take my son out in a second but he loves his school and his teacher and his friends. They are now trying to make excuses for the bully and thinking up ways to counsel my son to be able to handle the bullying.  This bullying by the administration has gone on for too long.  My son is now getting headaches from all the stress from this bully kid at school.  Do I have a law suit?  Who can I get to help us with the situation.  I feel my heart breaking for my son and our family. How can the administration not take things seriously.  I need to fight for my son and his rights.  I am not one to just give up when I feel something is wrong but I don't know what else to do.  Does anyone have any answers for me.

March 19, 2007, 9:54 pm CDT

Son Is Being Bullied Need Help

My son is not a jock or one of the "cool" kids at his middle school.  He doesn't fight and likes stuff that most of the kids at his school think are stupid.  He is the target of several boys because of his lack of fitting in.  He has been beat up and threatened.  Today he had a handful of pebbles thrown at him in class in front of a sub teacher.  When my son showed the teacher some of the pebbles he was told "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen".  He was also slammed against his locker by that boy and his friends in a crowded hall and amazingly no one saw anything again.  A teacher saw this kid following my son at the end of the day and told them to take it outside.  The principle says that if my son doesn't report each incident they can't do anything about it.  Hello.  The teachers don't want to acknowledge it is happening in class and the principle thinks my kid is safe to report problems?  Does anyone know how I can make the staff at this school realize that they are legally bound do keep my kid and the rest of the students safe from bullies.  The principle says they don't have a lot of problems with bullying at our school.  Bull.  I hear about kids being bullied at this school all the time.  Kids don't talk.  Our parents didn't when they were in school, we didn't, and we think that it has suddenly become acceptable for kids to "narc" off other kids now that we have children.  My son says if he tells he will be beat up worse.  Today I enrolled him in a boxing program at one facility and a judo, kick boxing, wrestling program at another.  The school is quick to remind me that there is a no tolerance policy.  Evidently it's okay to bully but not to defend ones self.  How do you find an attorney that will help fight a school district?

March 26, 2007, 5:32 am CDT

01/26 Bullies

Quote From: lexemmom

My 12 year old daughter is having a hard time at school also.  GIRLS ARE MEAN!!!!!  I have taught my daughter to be the bigger person and to just walk away and to just ignore.  I have told her that I understand how hard it is, but that maybe with her doing this, then maybe she will show other kids that they too can be strong and stand up to these bullies.  I have also come to the conclusion that we have to stand up as a nation and address these problems aloud in order for the schools to do something about it.

I have told my daugther the same thing, just walk away and ignore.  Well this does not work.  It just feeds the fire in this other girl.  She thinks my daughter is an easy target, because she won't fight back.  I have notified the police, and we do have a standing report.  We also have made a visit to my daughters school.  Where the principal was very defensive with us at first, knowing very well that we ahve called his bluff.  Things are looking better, and we do have the police on our side.  They make frequunt visits to the school, and as of right now, things are looking better.  But the one thing with bully's, they CAN NOT stop.  So the next time anything happens, we are ready to handle it.  You have to get mad, mad enough to stand up for your child, and that is exactly what we have done.  We are ready to take ono whatever this Bully has to bring our way.  I might loose my job over this, but my daughter is the most important part of my life.  I work for our school district, and I have opened up some eyes with things that our happening in our district. 

April 12, 2007, 4:20 am CDT

01/26 Bullies

Quote From: beckmanericamy

My son is not a jock or one of the "cool" kids at his middle school.  He doesn't fight and likes stuff that most of the kids at his school think are stupid.  He is the target of several boys because of his lack of fitting in.  He has been beat up and threatened.  Today he had a handful of pebbles thrown at him in class in front of a sub teacher.  When my son showed the teacher some of the pebbles he was told "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen".  He was also slammed against his locker by that boy and his friends in a crowded hall and amazingly no one saw anything again.  A teacher saw this kid following my son at the end of the day and told them to take it outside.  The principle says that if my son doesn't report each incident they can't do anything about it.  Hello.  The teachers don't want to acknowledge it is happening in class and the principle thinks my kid is safe to report problems?  Does anyone know how I can make the staff at this school realize that they are legally bound do keep my kid and the rest of the students safe from bullies.  The principle says they don't have a lot of problems with bullying at our school.  Bull.  I hear about kids being bullied at this school all the time.  Kids don't talk.  Our parents didn't when they were in school, we didn't, and we think that it has suddenly become acceptable for kids to "narc" off other kids now that we have children.  My son says if he tells he will be beat up worse.  Today I enrolled him in a boxing program at one facility and a judo, kick boxing, wrestling program at another.  The school is quick to remind me that there is a no tolerance policy.  Evidently it's okay to bully but not to defend ones self.  How do you find an attorney that will help fight a school district?

My suggestion.......when an incident happens at school to your son, have him call you.  Then you need to go straight to your sons school.  You and your son need to go into the principals office and have a not so nice meeting with him/her.  We have done the same thing, and let me tell you what, the school district knows that we mean business.  The principal was very defenssive with me, but he knew he was wrong and was not doing his job.  We called his bluff.  We have also had a meeting with the Superitendent, which in my opionion, did no good.  If anything ever happens to your son off of school grounds, which has happened to my daughter, we went straight to the poilice.  We were lucky enough to have an officer that will not tolerate this happening anymore.  He has made several visits to my daughters school on her behalf.  We have a report on file at the police department, and the next time anything happens, we are ready to charge her.  As for the school not doing there job, we have treatened a law suit, don't have a lawyer, but I will find one when and if I need to.  You need to stand up for your child, they are too young to fight there own battles, that is my job as a parent.  Good luck to your son, tell him things will get better, as long as you fight for him.

May 5, 2007, 12:08 pm CDT

The damage of bullying

My son's best friend since kindergarten took his own life 2 weeks ago.  As more details are coming out, we are finding out that he was bullied both in school even after switching schools 2 1/2 years ago, and on the bus.  why do kids have to be so cruel?  His family is absolutely devastated to put it mildly.  Everyone is shocked at what this nice boy, who got his drivers license 2 weeks prior, had a motorcycle & car, good grades, appeared on the outside very happy and polite has done.  He was 2 months shy of his 17th birthday.  I only hope that one thing good will come of this and kids will stop the bullying!! 

My son also was a victim of bullying and it has changed who he was.  I just thank-god every day that he is still with us.

June 6, 2007, 8:39 pm CDT

Bullies

Hi, I live in MO but my granddaughter lives in MI and will be 13 next month.  She has called me several times now telling me about a boy and a group of girls that are calling her names and threatning her and her best friend.  Both these girls are overweight and I'm sure that is some of the problem.  Kids are cruel and seem to find just the right person to bully. 

Katie has gone to her teachers, and now her principal at school.  They have done nothing.  One says its her word against this 15 year old boy in the 7th grade and since only her and her best friend have been the only ones hearing the names they are being called, well they won't do anything.  Now she has gone to the principal of the school,.  Again nothing.  Katie has called home crying to be picked up because she doesn't want to go to school .  Her friends Mom just called the principal last week because this boy said he was going to beat them up.  Again nothing has been done and this boy has a record of being a bully.  Katie is a very polite young lady and loves everyone.  Her parents brought her up rigiht but when I have her calling me long distance  crying then something needs to be done. 

I have written a letter to the school and am leaving for Michigan this coming Friday and have told the principal that I expect him to arrange a meeting with this boys parents before school ends on the 14th of June.  I also told him that a copy of this letter will be sent to the school board and if that doesn't work then I will contact an attorney and the police department.  My Katie is afraid to go to school and I hate to say this even in writing but if Katie and her friend did this to this boy then they would be out of school on their butts because this boy is black and it would then become racial.  Well, when Katie is afraid to go to school , then as far as I'm concerned this is reverse descrimation. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I should do.  I have downloaded the "bully pledge" and I intend taking it with me and trying to get the school system to start this program.

Thanks,

Georgia

July 28, 2008, 9:45 pm CDT

You are right-on

Quote From: BrianX29

Bullying was a big problem where I went to school. There was always someone being bullied somewhere over something. Those video tapes that Dr. Phil showed was nothing new to me........

I believe that the bullying behavior first gets started at home. Its either parents bully there children. It can be brothers bully brothers, sisters bully sisters, or brothers bully sisters. This all starts at home where children develop the bullying behavior. The parents let it happened the children learn it to be Okay and then its a behavior that children just take to school with them.

In order to fix a bully it needs to get back to where they learned the behavior. Which I think is at home because Children just don't become bully's by attending school everyday. The behavior has got to come from somewhere else...........

I was bullied as a youngster.  It wasn't until later I realized that the bullies were most likely being abused at home or taught the bullying there.  Children have defense mechinisms within themselves to help them survive bad life situations and now I actually pity the bullies.  They will have a hard life forever.  HOWEVER, If my child is ever bullied and the school wont help, I will take them out.  Immediately.  I will home school if I have to.

We really have a problem with bad parenting in our society.  Children are beaten, ignored, verbally abused and put last on their parent's lists of priorities.  If we are to solve the bullying problem, we have to get the parents of these children to shape up and be good parents.  If a person becomes a parent and can't treat their child with dignity and take care of them properly, the children should be given up for adoption.

September 19, 2008, 4:06 pm CDT

bullying

what do u do if u are a fifty something women and are bieng bullied by an organization that is supposed

to protect your rights. When they talk th talk but dont walk the walk. I dont know where to turn.

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next Page | Last Page