Message Boards

Topic : What's Working In My WLC

Number of Replies: 27382
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:12:37 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your tips and suggestions on what is working for you in your WLC such as exercise, foods, support, life changes, anything that you are doing differently or you know is a healthy life long change and IS WORKING! If you know of things that are NOT WORKING let's hear about them also and we will work on them together.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2008, 10:53 am CDT

Teresa

Quote From: toofattool

it really and truly is MEEEEEEEE.  i have sure missed being here.  i am in the process of 12 days off.  i go back to work the 17th, work for 2 days and then have 6 off.  i have needed this time off.  i am suffering from a cold that couldnt catch me when i was working so much, but it got me as soon as i slowed down for a minute.

i am getting some work done on the office, and me, and the business.  i somehow have managed to lose 9 pounds since my last brief visit...............................i will take it with a smile and work to build.

i will be gone tomorrow for car service and then Thursday and Friday to stay at oldest DD's for the night to babysit.

things seem to be taking a turn for the better around here.......................FINALLY

fall is upon us and i will be around much more in the future..........starting this next week.

hugs to all and hopefully we will see all the MIA's back with us

teresa

Teresa, Great to see you here!  Glad you are having several days off.  Congrats on losing 9 pounds--that is great!  Hope to see more of you soon!  Take care! :) Bren

September 10, 2008, 11:34 am CDT

BREN AND ALL

QUICK ONE

THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE HOME TILL TOMORROW.

DAUGHTER JUST CALLED AND HAD TO TAKE GDAUGHTER TO HOSPITAL.  SHE BROKE HER ARM AT SCHOOL. 

WONT BE BACK TILL SATURDAY NOW.  JUST WHEN I WAS GETTING BACK IN THE SWING............................I THOUGHT

HUGS

TERESA

SORRY FOR THE CUT AND PASTE................................AGAIN

September 12, 2008, 9:47 am CDT

Remember Me?

It's Wendy!  Anybody remember me?  I know it's been a long time.  I've missed you all so much.  It's been a very, very rough year for my family and myself.  I will go into all that at a later time.  But today, I want to celebrate finding you again. 

I have to say I do have dial up, so if I don't respond immediately, its probably that I'm waiting for the computer to catch up with me.  LOL, not complaining, atleast I have something.  This page, although awesome and I love the new look, is sometimes hard to load.

So, since i was last here, I have gained back all my weight.  I hate it and I am ashamed.  But that's not taking it off, so here I go.  I need to lose 80 lbs.  thinking how close I was to that before makes me sick, but can't dwell on the past right? 

You were all so helpful to me before and I hope I helped someone too.  Anyway, I'm back and ready for this.  I did miss last nights show, was helping with homework and clothes choices for school today.  LOL!  Like I'm a fashion plate.  haha.  But I will be doing my best to watch every weight loss episode.    Although I'm rooting for all of the contestants as well as all of us that in this battle, my heart goes out to the brothers.  They had me in tears. 

I'm in it to win it this time for dang sure!  I want to tell Dr. Phil that it can be done.  I want my kids to be so proud of me that they follow my example.  They are so big now.  I want my husband to remember how beautiful I am, inside and out.  I want to live a long, healthy life.

I hope it's OK that I came back here.  Please let me know how you all are.  I've missed being here.

Hugs to all,

Wendy

September 12, 2008, 11:34 am CDT

Posting again? What?

I know, annoying already.  LOl!

I'm just so excited to be back on here.  I'm so pumped for this.  I'm fighting the urge to eat the candy that is in my house.  I want to set up my fail-safe environment, but my youngest just started volleyball and the cheerleaders gave them bags of candy.  I know, why candy?  I didn't question it though, she was so excited. (And a star.  Not that I'm partial or anything.  haha)  Usually I don't eat their candy when they get stuff like that, but she made it a point to pull out the ones she doesn't like and give them to me.  OK, so I'm just going to throw them away and put the empty cat food cans on top of them.  That should make them unattractive huh?  OK, consider it done.  Tonight for dinner is Pot Roast, carrots and potatoes.  Yummy.  I will make sure I eat more of the carrots than anything and then will have some yogurt with fruit and a little granola for my dessert.  I had been buying a parfait at McDonalds for breakfast.  Not bad on calories, way low on salt, which I need and the dairy is great, but when I figured out that I'm spending $4 a day, cause I need a giant iced tea too and sometimes I buy 2 parfaits so I can have one for lunch, I decided I could probably buy the stuff to make them on my own for a lot less money.  Went yesterday and spent $8 for all the ingredients, but figured out if I make them appropriately and don't make massive parfaits, I should be able to get 2 a day for 2 work weeks out of them, for $8 bucks.  Hmmmmmm, just takes a few minutes and it's yummy!

OK, that's my last post for today.  Might try to get on tonight, but it's almost time for the kids to get out of school and they tend to hog the computer.  LOL!

Have a great Friday.  It's rainy here, but hopefully you are all having a nice relaxing day!

Hugs,

Wendy

September 13, 2008, 8:29 am CDT

Wendy

Welcome back. Yes I do remember you.  Please do not be ashamed as most of us have lost and regained several times and since this is a lifelong process we just have to pick up where we are and begin again.   Hold your head up high and just come along taking baby steps along our journey!!! 

I had gained a lot last fall and winter and am working on taking it off again and am making some progress but this time it is going very very slowly.  I am trying to get and stay on the food plan and know if I can stay on the plan it works for me.  I continue to do my daily IE. 

I do not  come to these boards each day due to work and time constraints but wil be here when I can.  IT is so great to have you back with us. 

Again Welcome back and continue to let us know what is happening with you.     Alice

September 14, 2008, 8:27 pm CDT

Alice

Thank you for the welcome.  And for the understanding.  I'm still not in my right thinking, but getting better.  I take it day by day and am very conscious of what I am doing to myself.  I will get there. 

I also have problems getting on here everyday.  I would love to, but life is just to busy anymore.  My youngest is a volleyball player and wow, seems like there are 2 or 3 games a week, plus still working full time and now we have an old house out in the country.  Although I love it, the yard takes a ton more work.  LOL!  But the garden is fabulous.

Doing better on the food.  My goal this week is to stop eating after 8pm.  I know it's not much, but for me it's a big deal.  I'm a night time emotion snacker.  Wow, am I messed up or what?

What is everyone else's plan for the week?  1 goal at a time.  We can do it!

Hugs to all,

Wendy

September 15, 2008, 8:55 am CDT

Wendy

Quote From: nascar_fan_48

Thank you for the welcome.  And for the understanding.  I'm still not in my right thinking, but getting better.  I take it day by day and am very conscious of what I am doing to myself.  I will get there. 

I also have problems getting on here everyday.  I would love to, but life is just to busy anymore.  My youngest is a volleyball player and wow, seems like there are 2 or 3 games a week, plus still working full time and now we have an old house out in the country.  Although I love it, the yard takes a ton more work.  LOL!  But the garden is fabulous.

Doing better on the food.  My goal this week is to stop eating after 8pm.  I know it's not much, but for me it's a big deal.  I'm a night time emotion snacker.  Wow, am I messed up or what?

What is everyone else's plan for the week?  1 goal at a time.  We can do it!

Hugs to all,

Wendy

Wendy, Hello, I remember you.  It is great that you are back and starting your weight loss journey again.  You are not messed up for eating at night time--I do great in the daytime and then I eat in the middle of the night!  I am working with a Dietian to improve on that. I hope we hear more from you soon.  Take care! :) Bren

September 16, 2008, 6:04 am CDT

HEY EVERYBUDDIE-

good lord..............this is my last day off of the 12 days  I had.  where oh where did those days go to already?  i accomplished almost.................NOTHING..............I need to have these days back, and not be sick.  thankfully the cough is finally starting to let go.

oh well, maybe i can get something done on my 6 days off starting Friday.  My new office furniture comes the end of October so at least I have some time to get the room ready.

Wendy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome back buddy.  we are all still here............well most of us.  right where we were when you left.  well we cant get a rise out of Niki and just hope she is OK and will be back with us soon.  its time for us all to try one more time to beat this thing

Bren...........................thanks for the congrats.  maybe i can keep it up.  i think i was obsessing over the weight too much.  i havent had time to think so much and i seem to be doing better.  who knows.  keep going on your good stretch of weight loss.

will check in later.

hugs to all

teresa

September 18, 2008, 6:47 pm CDT

Hi Everybody

Good Evening.  Finally got a night that I could get on here.  Youngest DD has had volleyball games the last 3 nights.  With last nights getting us home around 7pm.  I was exhausted last night.  She's a star though. LOL, they both are, but you know, I'm a little partial. 

Glad to see everyone.  Teresa, sorry about the 12 days going so fast.  Time flies when your having fun huh?  And those kinds of vacations don't last near long enough.

I sure hope NIKI comes back soon.  Was everything OK when she left.  She got us all hooked up, she needs to be here.  NIKI, WE MISS YOU!!!!

So, I've done really well at not eating after 8.  It's hard and I have to remind myself, but I have done it, well, except yesterday cause we got home so late, but I just ate my  dinner and stopped.  I'm also taking vitamins.  Got some Omega 3 cause I hate fish and multi vitamins.  Feeling somewhat more energy, so they must be doing something huh?

My job has been a barrel of stress lately and I'm hoping that now some things are settled down, it will get better.  I really do love my job, but here lately, they have been testing me.  Hope I passed their damn test.  LOL!  I'm still sane, well as much as I ever was, so I guess I did.

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Anyone watching "The Biggest Loser"?

Better go for now, almost time for the Oprah, Dr. Phil 2 hours. 

Hugs to all!  Talk to you soon!

September 19, 2008, 7:00 am CDT

Hi Wendy!

Quote From: nascar_fan_48

Good Evening.  Finally got a night that I could get on here.  Youngest DD has had volleyball games the last 3 nights.  With last nights getting us home around 7pm.  I was exhausted last night.  She's a star though. LOL, they both are, but you know, I'm a little partial. 

Glad to see everyone.  Teresa, sorry about the 12 days going so fast.  Time flies when your having fun huh?  And those kinds of vacations don't last near long enough.

I sure hope NIKI comes back soon.  Was everything OK when she left.  She got us all hooked up, she needs to be here.  NIKI, WE MISS YOU!!!!

So, I've done really well at not eating after 8.  It's hard and I have to remind myself, but I have done it, well, except yesterday cause we got home so late, but I just ate my  dinner and stopped.  I'm also taking vitamins.  Got some Omega 3 cause I hate fish and multi vitamins.  Feeling somewhat more energy, so they must be doing something huh?

My job has been a barrel of stress lately and I'm hoping that now some things are settled down, it will get better.  I really do love my job, but here lately, they have been testing me.  Hope I passed their damn test.  LOL!  I'm still sane, well as much as I ever was, so I guess I did.

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Anyone watching "The Biggest Loser"?

Better go for now, almost time for the Oprah, Dr. Phil 2 hours. 

Hugs to all!  Talk to you soon!

Hi Wendy!  I am watching "The Biggest Loser".  It is really inspiring to me to see people lose weight thought diet and exercise alone, although I think that they lose it too fast.  I can't see how people can lose weight over 10 pounds a week.  I have to remind myself just to stick to my goals.  I usually lose about a pound a week or 4 pounds a month and I am very happy with that.  I have lost 50 pounds in the past year and a half.  I am having a good week.  I have been walking almost every day around my apts. for 25 -30 min. and am really enjoying it.  You are doing great by not eating after 8 pm.  Keep posting--it is good to hear from you.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

First | Prev | 2729 | 2730 | 2731 | 2732 | 2733 | 2734 | 2735 | 2736 | 2737 | 2738 | Next | Last